AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 20:16   Link #341
GDB

Gah, Subaru! Stop being so cute! Your adorableness pushed you past Kanade to top my favorite character of the series!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:55   Link #342
AzureWrath

I wonder if it was Kanade's idea to have Suburu dress up in nekomini xD. Anyway, for some reason, I'm quite enjoying the series. The art style is very clean and I find the humor funny. The characters are very likeable (I've even come to accept the lil sister a bit more now) and I find Kanade to be amazing. Hope this continues to be good~~!

Last edited by AzureWrath; 2011-07-28 at 21:24. Reason: typo o.o
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 21:03   Link #343
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2011-07-28 at 21:26.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 21:44   Link #344
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Well, to me, ojou is still in that trolling stage, sure she may have kissed Jirou, but there was hardly any dere, so it wasn't that random.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 21:55   Link #345
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I thought I saw bad in LN adaptions with Itsu no Tenma, but this episode was just as chaotic.
Nah, this is nowhere as bad as ItsuTen (and that's saying something, coming from an osananajimi shipper talking about a show where the two main LIs are childhood friends ). At the very least, I know what the heck is going on here. XD

As for Ojou's feelings, while I'm wouldn't be surprised if she did like him that way, all I'm getting from her is trollface.jpg. And I just can't get enough of it to be honest; I love those kind of characters.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 22:13   Link #346
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nah, this is nowhere as bad as ItsuTen (and that's saying something, coming from an osananajimi shipper talking about a show where the two main LIs are childhood friends ). At the very least, I know what the heck is going on here. XD

As for Ojou's feelings, while I'm wouldn't be surprised if she did like him that way, all I'm getting from her is trollface.jpg. And I just can't get enough of it to be honest; I love those kind of characters.
I second that opinion with respect to Itsu-Ten.

Now, admittedly, I haven't read Mayo Chiki's light novel nor its manga, so there could very well be a fair number of details and story that I'm missing out on. However, it's important to keep in mind that by comparison with Itsu-Ten, which has a very deep and involved story the more you read into it, Mayo Chiki! is much simpler by comparison. That's why I believe you can mess around with it some and still have it coming off as a decently likeable anime.

One last point I'd like to make is that Itsu-Ten's story is much darker and more serious, which has viewers and readers alike taking it that much more seriously. It's one of the reasons why they're so much more prone to noticing things that don't make sense and all of the other mind-boggling problems that have already been discussed. Because Mayo Chiki! is so much more simple and fun in its story, you have near the opposite effect, which is in that people aren't nearly as focused on such matters.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 22:36   Link #347
DorkingtonPugsly

felt a little strange but it was still pretty funny/fun. I will be looking forward to the next episode, ahh can't wait!
Old 2011-07-28, 23:08   Link #348
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Kureha's in the same school as Kinjirou, and he's only a second year, so she can't be more than 1 year younger than he is. Kinjirou was somewhat young, but not ridiculously young, in his flashback to his father's hospital room. I'd say he was no younger than 7 then, so Kureha would've been 6 at the minimum.
Yes, I'd say around 7 fits.
To me, it looked as if the father had some terminal illness, and that one time was the last time he saw his dad before he died - so it pretty much was his farewell from his dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You won't be disappointed even with the first seconds in ep 4, she has neko mimi. xD
Lovely
Old 2011-07-28, 23:50   Link #349
hoarfrost

Man, I sure hope none of those vicious Japanese colds makes their way over to America. There might be a mass epidemic of people collapsing from fevers.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 00:05   Link #350
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Kanade's awesome every episode so far.

Still claimed btw....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 00:25   Link #351
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Man, I sure hope none of those vicious Japanese colds makes their way over to America. There might be a mass epidemic of people collapsing from fevers.
you must have missed the swine flu
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 00:35   Link #352
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh my gosh

Forget Subaru I just want to take Kanade home and no one's gonna stop me

*knocks out Nvis*

Seriously she makes the show for me.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 00:36   Link #353
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
you must have missed the swine flu
that was from mexico
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 01:11   Link #354
hoarfrost

Avian flu was from Asia, but anime colds are another deal altogether. Like the recovery period of being hit by a 2 ton truck.

More seriously parts of this episode bothered me because if you're going to use a cheap device to extract melodrama you may as well not do it at all. Y so serious, Mayo Chiki? Stick to what works and don't fall into the trap of decent fanservice/comedy shows losing their entertainment value because they try to do more than they should be doing.

I lol'd at Kureha suddenly worrying that her brother whom she regularly batters might die from a cold, hough I'm not sure if that was the reaction I was supposed to have.

Last edited by hoarfrost; 2011-07-29 at 01:26.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 01:29   Link #355
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
I lol'd at Kureha suddenly worrying that her brother whom she regularly batters might die from a cold, hough I'm not sure if that was the reaction I was supposed to have.
It's been implied that their father died of a sickness. Given how both parents were extremely tough in terms of body, it could be that the death from a sickness was a great trauma for Kureha.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 01:46   Link #356
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

That was a pretty nice episode. For a little bit, I'm taking a liking for Kureho for worrying over her brother and Kanade joins the harem? I wonder if she's trolling or not.

Twin tail girl for the next episode. I wonder what will be her role since I'm not reading LN and manga.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 06:43   Link #357
Mentar
Banned

I think, we found the cousin of Sangou Shizuku from Kämpfer

Looking forward to Kanade's attacks!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 08:11   Link #358
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the sign of a great episode is one where you just cannot settle on one scene to call your favorite It's really supernatural how everything just comes together almost perfectly to push all of my pleasure buttons

I wonder if hanging around Kanade for too long has somehow made Subaru just a tad bit perverted as well Everything from sniffing clothes to mouth-to-mouth... It won't take long now till she... And somehow evenly matching Subaru is Kanade's... Sneakiness... Jirou is now caught up in an affair with her best friend !!

How do you like dem apples !?!

P.S - The preview was something else altogether with my new favorite line: "I'm not interested in your skirt! I just want what's underneath it!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 08:13   Link #359
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh shi- I though all the harem will end up with Subaru and Subaru will end up with kinjirou while leaving all her harems alone...

...I guess in the end, the harem will end up with Kinjirou too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 08:57   Link #360
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow he almost died for a "mouth to mouth" , i wonder what will it be in "action".
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen