AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 15:58   Link #121
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I don't know you people, but I want to SEE mars get terraformed (and I would be organizing the petitions to change the planet name to Aqua, I want not only to visit other planets in our solar system, I want to visit planets outside or solar system. In 1.4 millions years I want to see how the star Gliese 710 gets at a mere 1 light year from our sun (ATM proxima centauri is at 4 light years from our sun). I want to see (from a safe place) how our galaxy collides with andromeda. Maybe I am a bit foolish, who cares
Its not foolish at all, some of us posted here that we would like to observe and learn from the universe as well. And we think curiosity and willingness to learn is the key to living a healthy and meaningful immortal life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Even if a man is immortal, there’s no way that he/she can be called a "God". That’s because humans (immortal or not) lack one thing which is very essential for being a God: The ability to “create”. Humans can only “make” things but they can’t “create” something from nothing at all. That is the line between a human and a God IMO. And that’s just one from many more.
Not that I want to discuss about becoming a god or not, I have no interest in becoming one. I just want to talk about gods and creation.

Not all gods from all religions create things or are worshiped for creation. There are tribes who worship animals not because they create, but because they are spiritual guides or simply because they provide food. And there are many gods that are just there because people appreciate them in some way.

And I'm sure humans have created many things that were never there in the first place. I'm sure there were no gods who created computers, cars, planes and such. These are the result of ideas that came out from 'nothing'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-06-03 at 17:43.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 16:55   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Even if a man is immortal, there’s no way that he/she can be called a "God". That’s because humans (immortal or not) lack one thing which is very essential for being a God: The ability to “create”. Humans can only “make” things but they can’t “create” something from nothing at all. That is the line between a human and a God IMO. And that’s just one from many more.
You've unduly restricted the meaning of "god"... There are innumerable gods in Shinto, Hindu, or western pre-Christian culture - many of which don't have "creator" status. Many of them aren't even immortal

In the traditional sense, "god" is simply a being that can do things humans can't do.... except that over time the humans are catching up.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:12   Link #123
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I would love to possess immortality. I love this world, human beings, and having my consciousness too much to part with any of them. I would eventually get over the consistent deaths of friends and loved ones, I think. Also, if I was immortal, there's a possibility that there would be at least one other immortal person in the world. So in that situation, I could find them and have an immortality buddy. Otherwise, I'd eventually cope with the pain. I'd rather have to watch people I care about grow old and die, meet new people, and have the cycle repeat over and over again than be all alone in a void of nothingness or something like that.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:15   Link #124
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hey, does Immortals bother to have children? that would be, not immortal like them?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:44   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hey, does Immortals bother to have children? that would be, not immortal like them?
What's with all these silly restrictions? Why does some many people assume immortality would be singular events and that everyone else would die?

I mean, that can't happen unless you talk about magic. In which case it's more than just fictitious, but artificial and outrageous. Why wouldn't an immortal have immortal children?
Old 2012-06-03, 19:51   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What's with all these silly restrictions? Why does some many people assume immortality would be singular events and that everyone else would die?

I mean, that can't happen unless you talk about magic. In which case it's more than just fictitious, but artificial and outrageous. Why wouldn't an immortal have immortal children?
Well. Sorry if if it made you disappointed. I was just asking based on some animes in the past. Immortals could not past their immortality to their child. The reasons were not given clearly so I'm just curious.
Old 2012-06-03, 19:56   Link #127
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well. Sorry if if it made you disappointed. I was just asking based on some animes in the past. Immortals could not past their immortality to their child. The reasons were not given clearly so I'm just curious.
Sorry, I am not just directed at your comment. I am also talking about other posters who claimed that immortality means watching everyone else die.

Immortality and any similar long-life treatment would never be singular isolated events. It simply can't occur. As I said earlier, it is ridiculous to blame immortality that you watch your loved ones die; it is Mortality that's killing them, so you should blame Death instead. The world always needs more Life.
Old 2012-06-03, 19:58   Link #128
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

If I was immortal I probably would do things I wouldn't do now. I know I'd be a totally differeny person than I am now I'd probably be more than one person too so basically I could live however I'd want with no shame. eventually though im sure I'd get bored, i mean I get bored so easily either way.
Im glad Im not immortal though
Old 2012-06-03, 20:01   Link #129
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicPandas View Post
If I was immortal I probably would do things I wouldn't do now. I know I'd be a totally differeny person than I am now I'd probably be more than one person too so basically I could live however I'd want with no shame. eventually though im sure I'd get bored, i mean I get bored so easily either way.
Im glad Im not immortal though
So if you started from the iron age, at what point between then and modern day would you get bored?
Old 2012-06-03, 20:05   Link #130
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I am not just directed at your comment. I am also talking about other posters who claimed that immortality means watching everyone else die.

Immortality and any similar long-life treatment would never be singular isolated events. It simply can't occur. As I said earlier, it is ridiculous to blame immortality that you watch your loved ones die; it is Mortality that's killing them, so you should blame Death instead. The world always needs more Life.
Oh. I see. Hmmm... It made me question more.

Why be an immortal if you don't want to see the people you love die as time past?

A selfish Immortal: Who cares?! Have fun, fun, fun!!!

An optimistic Immortal: I could always keep the happy memories in my heart and show more people the value of life... *ugh

A regretable Immortal: I would be happier to die with the person I love than see them dying in front of me.
Old 2012-06-03, 20:06   Link #131
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Depending on the extent and type of immortality, it may solve lots of problems.

If you have the 'basic' immortality where you can't die because you don't grow old, then people won't worry about age and age related illnesses.

If you can't get hurt or get diseases, you have no need to worry about health.

If you are literally invincible, you can solve everything above as well as living space issues since you can literally live anywhere. If you don't need to breathe you can even live in space.

If you don't need to eat, then you save tons of money, won't get fat, don't need to worry about food health problems.

Apply those to the entire human race and you can solve population issues, starvation and maybe even prevent wars since there's no way to kill each other and there's no need to fight for land for farming or living space.

Old 2012-06-03, 20:17   Link #132
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
....you can solve population issues....
Immortals don't do this and that anymore? No more children?
Old 2012-06-03, 20:19   Link #133
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
So if you started from the iron age, at what point between then and modern day would you get bored?
As fast as I became immortal

Quote:
Depending on the extent and type of immortality, it may solve lots of problems.

If you have the 'basic' immortality where you can't die because you don't grow old, then people won't worry about age and age related illnesses.

If you can't get hurt or get diseases, you have no need to worry about health.

If you are literally invincible, you can solve everything above as well as living space issues since you can literally live anywhere. If you don't need to breathe you can even live in space.

If you don't need to eat, then you save tons of money, won't get fat, don't need to worry about food health problems.

Apply those to the entire human race and you can solve population issues, starvation and maybe even prevent wars since there's no way to kill each other and there's no need to fight for land for farming or living space.
If you think about it, it can. I doubt people would want to fight each other knowing no one will really win. That'd be a bit boring though, in the way im thinking right now which is to much to place down since a bunch of ideas are coming all at once

So bascially invincible but you can still feel physical and emotional pain... I wonder how someone would react to a really overwhelming situation. would they try to fnd a way to bring death as a relief? This can be turned into a book! Thanks
Old 2012-06-03, 20:20   Link #134
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Immortals don't do this and that anymore? No more children?
They can have as many children as they want, when and where they like and those children and mothers won't die during childbirth.

No aging population, no lack of living space since people can even live inside a volcano if they want to.

Old 2012-06-03, 21:09   Link #135
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Damn lava keeps melting my network card....
Old 2012-06-03, 21:12   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
They can have as many children as they want, when and where they like and those children and mothers won't die during childbirth.

No aging population, no lack of living space since people can even live inside a volcano if they want to.
Yup. If you look again, that would be very disturbing. Humans will just spread more and more and (deliberately or un-deliberately) ruin anything on their path just like Agent Smith from Matrix said: humans are not mammals, they're virus for their own environment. Ok, I know that's a silly comment from an AI but there's truth in it .

Quote:
And I'm sure humans have created many things that were never there in the first place. I'm sure there were no gods who created computers, cars, planes and such. These are the result of ideas that came out from 'nothing'.
Umm...that's not the God's "creating" ability I was talking about. If I take your example, then can a human create computer, cars, planes out of thin air?
Old 2012-06-03, 21:12   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

People can live in the polar icecaps then, not just great for computers but free refrigeration as well lol.

Immortality also prevents STDs.

EDIT:

Quote:
Umm...that's not the God's "creating" ability I was talking about. If I take your example, then can a human create computer, cars, planes out of thin air?
Depending on how thin you want the air to be, it might just be possible in the future.

Old 2012-06-03, 21:16   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Depending on how thin you want the air to be, it might just be possible in the future.
Are you sure? Without any help from any tools?
Old 2012-06-03, 21:20   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Are you sure? Without any help from any tools?
Seeing how this is purely a fictional thread, immortals might acquire technology so far out in the future, evolve the human race into non physical forms and be able to manipulate space-time, energy and matter.

Maybe become like the Q from Star Trek, Data Entities in Haruhi etc., super evolved beings that have mastery over the universe.

Old 2012-06-03, 21:23   Link #140
NeoChan
Banned

I doubt Immortality solves overpopulation and STDs. People do sex.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote