Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 00:41   Link #2861
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I too also find it sad that people do not see health care as a fundamental right in a society. I do not see why someone else in a society deserves to live longer just because he has the $$$. This is a dangerous ideology.
Heavily subsidised healthcare is more dangerous. Like what before Aunt Marge did to UK back in 1980s, old men would just sit in clinics to waste their time and take up spaces because healthcare could be said as almost free.

But I see what you mean by exchanging wealth for health. It brings capitalism to the extreme end and damages the societal structure that is partially built on idealism and "morals".

Hippocrates probably rolled over in his grave the moment this becomes ridiculously lopsided, but personally, I view life rather than healthcare as a fundamental right, it is important to take care of oneself rather than sustain illnesses and injuries that require a higher level of medical attention due to neglect.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:42   Link #2862
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The most practical system being proposed is the "single payer health plan" as a non-profit process. It takes the insurance profit leeching out of the picture and its the one that almost all the medical professionals in the United States are on board supporting.

Importantly, it means that small business and all the other business can get out of the crushing burden of benefits to their employees. They can even pay them more (as much as 40% more based on total employee package cost of salary+benefits). Business shouldn't have to be involved in healthcare processes of their employees.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:45   Link #2863
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Since this topic has become heavily discussed and begun to derail the thread, I created a thread specifically for this here.

Please continue this discussion in that thread. Thanks!
Old 2009-06-04, 06:39   Link #2864
KimmyChan

Police surround Tiananmen Square -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8080437.stm
Old 2009-06-04, 09:15   Link #2865
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Kung Fu star Carradine found dead
Quote:
Bangkok (June 4): Kill Bill and Kung Fu star David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, BBC correspondent Jonathan Head has reported.

The 72-year-old was in Thailand filming his latest film, Stretch, according to his personal manager Chuck Binder. Mr Binder said the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... A great person."

- BBC NEWS
Old 2009-06-04, 09:17   Link #2866
KimmyChan

Fury at school 'mock hanging' -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8082614.stm
Old 2009-06-04, 10:09   Link #2867
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
WHAWHA---WHAT!?
Oh god, not David Carradine!!
The original Kung-Fu was one of my all time favorite american TV shows.
It's sad to see him go.

God's sakes, there's been too many great names hitting home dying in this past several month.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:28   Link #2868
KimmyChan

World Cup qual - England fan shot in leg -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/040620...-shot-leg.html
Old 2009-06-04, 10:30   Link #2869
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Whatever the circumstances, I can only thank him for being Bill Kiddo... and Grasshopper. Goodnight Moon.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:32   Link #2870
KimmyChan

Has PM hired Sir Alan? -

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/197441/
Old 2009-06-04, 10:36   Link #2871
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Wait, what? How the hell could the school have let this happen? Someone needs to be fired over that. If I was that kid's parent, he'd be out of that school immeditaly, and I'd be consulting a lawyer. Seriously, what the hell? Plus the investigation. Looking for recommendations? How about, don't stage mock hangings? That might be a good start.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:43   Link #2872
KimmyChan

North Korea puts two U.S. journalists on trial -

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCan.../idUSSEO248756
Old 2009-06-04, 11:38   Link #2873
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
North Korea puts two U.S. journalists on trial -

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCan.../idUSSEO248756
If the prisoners are Israelis we would be prepared for WWIII. They have been known to be notorious in hostage situations once accurate intel is acquired.

But seriously. I wish the UN would just stop talking and execute more action.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-04, 12:05   Link #2874
KimmyChan

Obama reaches out to Muslim world -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8082676.stm
Old 2009-06-04, 12:28   Link #2875
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
WHAWHA---WHAT!?
Oh god, not David Carradine!!
The original Kung-Fu was one of my all time favorite american TV shows.
It's sad to see him go.

God's sakes, there's been too many great names hitting home dying in this past several month.
ouch..... childhood hero of mine was the character he played. One of my favorite character actors.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm
Old 2009-06-04, 12:40   Link #2876
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The most practical system being proposed is the "single payer health plan" as a non-profit process. It takes the insurance profit leeching out of the picture and its the one that almost all the medical professionals in the United States are on board supporting.

Importantly, it means that small business and all the other business can get out of the crushing burden of benefits to their employees. They can even pay them more (as much as 40% more based on total employee package cost of salary+benefits). Business shouldn't have to be involved in healthcare processes of their employees.
besides the insurance side, you can't really tackle healthcare cost without tackling the cost of education for Doctors. I see some talks in regard to the growing cost of Education for doctors but most still talk only about how much the insurance company gouging the public or Free market vs Social medicine.

Besides education cost there is also the growing problem of Malpractice Insurance. Is society willing to cap how much a doctor is liable for if he mess up and who is going to provide that insurance?
Old 2009-06-04, 13:53   Link #2877
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
besides the insurance side, you can't really tackle healthcare cost without tackling the cost of education for Doctors. I see some talks in regard to the growing cost of Education for doctors but most still talk only about how much the insurance company gouging the public or Free market vs Social medicine.

Besides education cost there is also the growing problem of Malpractice Insurance. Is society willing to cap how much a doctor is liable for if he mess up and who is going to provide that insurance?
(we've moved this discussion to its own thread )
Agree totally with you that the cost of educating a doctor probably needs a deep scrutiny -- especially when they only get one semester of pharma and grow up to get most of their information from vendors rather than their fellow professional the pharmacist (still a lot of doctors with a bit much ego to confer with pharmacists who spend years learning which drugs work on what and don't mix these). The whole "become a doctor" seems more an initiation rite than a learning process -- and my experience is that a doctor's UNDERgraduate degree informs me much more as to whether the doctor has critical thinking skills or not. Doctors with hard science or engineering degrees just have a better mental toolkit for diagnosis and whole system treatment. My wife has been a pharmacist for almost 30 years and can pretty much nail on the dot a doctor's undergraduate degree based on professional conversations with him or her

I'm totally on board with tort reform along with reform of malpractice insurance protocols -- as long as the patient has some procedure of redress for grievances. Most tort reform measures have failed to provide such a process.
Old 2009-06-04, 14:06   Link #2878
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Oh My God, that's horrible. He was one of my favorite actors & i love watching the Second Kung Fu series as it was favorite show of mine when i was a kid. He was one actor i didn't expect to pass away.

It a sad day for all the Martial Artists around the world. May he rest in peace.
Old 2009-06-04, 14:36   Link #2879
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Oh My God, that's horrible. He was one of my favorite actors & i love watching the Second Kung Fu series as it was favorite show of mine when i was a kid. He was one actor i didn't expect to pass away.

It a sad day for all the Martial Artists around the world. May he rest in peace.
One of my favorite "b-movie" zen martial arts films -> Circle of Iron.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:33   Link #2880
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

I remember him being mentionned in a Bruce Lee documentary, but maybe I am wrong. I will check that.

I don't really know who he is. If he is so popular, maybe I should have added him in my Poll.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international