AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 17:15   Link #1
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Chrome and auto-login

This has been bugging me for over a year. Normally, if I have Chrome remember a login/password, those fields are auto-populated on a given site. These forums are one of the few exceptions. I have to type 'c' (first letter of my login), and then the fields auto-populate.

I have to re-do this anytime I exit the browser and re-open it. Is this some quirk on your end? I've just become incredibly lazy at not having to type login info for most sites, and would like to zap the 3-4 left into oblivion.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:56   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Perhaps I'm missing something, but if you're going to have Chrome auto-populate your login credentials anyway, why not just use the "Remember Me" feature which makes it so you don't even have to login at all?
Old 2012-04-12, 21:06   Link #3
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Firefox does the same thing for me so it's not an unusual occurrence.

As for "Remember Me?", I do like to log out when I'm done.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:32   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Firefox does the same thing for me so it's not an unusual occurrence.

As for "Remember Me?", I do like to log out when I'm done.
Well, I guess I'm just saying: what would be the point of logging-out if your credentials are pre-populated on the login form. Why not just stay logged-in...?
Old 2012-04-13, 09:53   Link #5
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I guess I'm just saying: what would be the point of logging-out if your credentials are pre-populated on the login form. Why not just stay logged-in...?
I don't know if it's just a Chrome thing, but 'remember me' only works during a given browser session. If I exit the browser completely, then re-open it, it no longer 'remembers me', and I have to type in the login information again.

I have vague memories of this not happening once (in fact, I could have sworn there was a time when I never had to bother logging into the forums...ever), but for over a year now, it's worked like this, which started my awareness of how the fields don't autopopulate since I am having to type my credentials on an almost daily basis, since I generally shut my computer down at night (and, hence, my browser session is closed).
Also, cake.
Old 2012-04-13, 10:08   Link #6
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I don't know if it's just a Chrome thing, but 'remember me' only works during a given browser session. If I exit the browser completely, then re-open it, it no longer 'remembers me', and I have to type in the login information again.
That's only if you clear AnimeSuki's cookies when you close your browser. I've never had to enter my login credential beyond the few times I accidentally clear my cookies.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:21   Link #7
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's only if you clear AnimeSuki's cookies when you close your browser. I've never had to enter my login credential beyond the few times I accidentally clear my cookies.
Hrm. Was digging around in the Chrome preferences and it appears they added a feature to clear your cookies when your browser exits, with it being on by default. This must be what's been causing all my angst.

Google, if you're reading this, only hippies care about cookies and 'privacy'. Don't turn such features on by default when you push them out in new builds!

So, while I can now stay logged in, the greater question of why animesuki doesn't seem to allow browsers to pre-populate login credentials has still gone unaddressed. Not that I care anymore, but just throwing it out there.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-04-13, 19:39   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Hrm. Was digging around in the Chrome preferences and it appears they added a feature to clear your cookies when your browser exits, with it being on by default. This must be what's been causing all my angst.
I don't know... I've been using Chrome for a long time (since one of the early version numbers), and I don't have this option turned on and it never turned itself on for me... so I'm not sure how it got turned on for you. Very strange...

As for why the pre-populate doesn't work? Who knows... Perhaps Google pre-populates it, and then the forum has some JavaScript that wipes the fields if they're filled out? Not sure...