AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-21, 23:11   Link #3261
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Lol if you're talking about pure skill any established professional in any of the major multi-billion art-related industries will beat the pants off of any mangaka and then some.
I think that's subjective. Just because some professional can draw a highly technically proficient female, does not mean it would be as pleasing to everyone's eye as Yabuki's style is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
On the discussion of symmetrical docking: It's more of an aesthetical thing than actual titillation. It really isn't much when you actually do it unless you're in a foamy bathtub or have oil on you, where the rubbing does do wonders to the feeling on your chest.
That, uh...that sounds like there's a story there.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 23:14   Link #3262
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
That, uh...that sounds like there's a story there.
My member title should say everything.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 23:42   Link #3263
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, the TLR thread, bringing members of animesukes together^^. And they say TLR and TLR D isn't family friendly reading>v>.
Old 2012-02-22, 00:06   Link #3264
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Lol if you're talking about pure skill any established professional in any of the major multi-billion art-related industries will beat the pants off of any mangaka and then some.

But Yabuki's art has a charm that I find Gunma's lacks.
Thats why I said its personal opinion.
I can point out few H mangakas having better artwork than Yabuki, but its my opinion. Some like them flat some like them bigbreasted. It's the same deal.
And IMO Gunma draws the best High School girls in the market. There are many others who also have great attention to detail, but Gunma have this *thing* in his art that makes you tick.
As for the new artists, Akatsuki Myuuto have a great artwork, which is lightyears above Yabuki. But thats again my opinion.
Old 2012-02-22, 00:38   Link #3265
Xagzan

Quote:
My member title should say everything.
Haha, indeed it does, Sumeragi-san, hence my assumption of a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Ah, the TLR thread, bringing members of animesukes together^^. And they say TLR and TLR D isn't family friendly reading>v>.
"No, no, we swear. TLR is totally fun for the whole family! Something your kids can enjoy too! It's ok, you can trust us on this!"

Actually I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but I'm exhausted and my brain is barely functioning
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 01:11   Link #3266
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I mean that even though this is an ecchi manga, it's probably one of the few manga that makes the majority of the users that post here be in agreement with one another.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:30   Link #3267
Simonsy

hasn't there been a assymetrical docking done in any of the chapters that Rito becomes a girl?

Or maybe Rito was still a man. I seem to recal a scene were we had some nipples touching.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:44   Link #3268
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
hasn't there been a assymetrical docking done in any of the chapters that Rito becomes a girl?

Or maybe Rito was still a man. I seem to recal a scene were we had some nipples touching.
you're probably thinking of chapter3 when Mea entered Rito's dream

oh and there was a assymetrical docking(kinda?) panel there. not sure if it counts though

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 10:12   Link #3269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
oh and there was a assymetrical docking(kinda?) panel there. not sure if it counts though
Momo did it in the first chapter too. It doesn't count unless it's done by two females in my book.
Old 2012-02-22, 15:24   Link #3270
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Momo did it in the first chapter too. It doesn't count unless it's done by two females in my book.
Ah, then it has never happened. If our spoiler provider says it didn't happen, then it hasn't happened.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:31   Link #3271
Ashaman

We did have that time Run and Yui sandwitched Rito's head between their bare breasts...
Old 2012-02-23, 11:55   Link #3272
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Yabuki and Chihiro-chan have different focuses on the breasts. In my eyes, Yabuki does for the "Ultimate" while Chihiro-chan is more of a "Beautiful" type.
Ahhh. I see what you mean. Beautiful is definitely a good word to use for her art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Thats why I said its personal opinion.
I can point out few H mangakas having better artwork than Yabuki, but its my opinion. Some like them flat some like them bigbreasted. It's the same deal.
And IMO Gunma draws the best High School girls in the market. There are many others who also have great attention to detail, but Gunma have this *thing* in his art that makes you tick.
As for the new artists, Akatsuki Myuuto have a great artwork, which is lightyears above Yabuki. But thats again my opinion.
Gunma definitely does have a "thing" in his art. I dislike his alternative genre taste and his stories could use some improvement, especially of late. Something like Giri Giri Sisters is needed - 100% happy harem.

And I want to add that it's also the style in which the "acts" are presented. We don't now how Yabuki would do it all. So not only is there opinion to factor into this discussion but there are still variables. Soooo yeah.

Lastly, I am adding Tony Taka to the list of wonderful artists. He can draw an incredibly sexy girl, with all of her clothes on, like no other.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:04   Link #3273
Xaturas

We could go on and on saying how many of H artists are wasted potential doing H. Even if their writing skills are at best medicore, they art could do wonders, all they need would be teaming up with some Good Writers, same as Yabuki is paired with some writer?

I also agree that Vanilla H is a dead genre atm. NTR everywhere ntr everywhere ...

There really exist many great H mangakas whos artwork is above the crap we get in normal romance story. For example people praise Seo for his artwork, while his stories are shit as hell. I think many H mangakas would have greater artwork than Seo and their stories would be at the same or even better level.

Tony Taka is a great artist, all his artwork and posters have that vanilla feel to them which anyone would appreciate in romance genre mangas.
Same goes for one of the greatest color mangakas avaible Ishikei (Nise Midi Doronokai).

As for Chihiro, hmm yeah her artwork is also one of the Vanilla type, though some of her stories parts are anything but not vanilla.
Old 2012-02-23, 13:10   Link #3274
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
We could go on and on saying how many of H artists are wasted potential doing H. Even if their writing skills are at best medicore, they art could do wonders, all they need would be teaming up with some Good Writers, same as Yabuki is paired with some writer?

I also agree that Vanilla H is a dead genre atm. NTR everywhere ntr everywhere ...

There really exist many great H mangakas whos artwork is above the crap we get in normal romance story. For example people praise Seo for his artwork, while his stories are shit as hell. I think many H mangakas would have greater artwork than Seo and their stories would be at the same or even better level.

Tony Taka is a great artist, all his artwork and posters have that vanilla feel to them which anyone would appreciate in romance genre mangas.
Same goes for one of the greatest color mangakas avaible Ishikei (Nise Midi Doronokai).

As for Chihiro, hmm yeah her artwork is also one of the Vanilla type, though some of her stories parts are anything but not vanilla.
Off topic: would it be safe to assume that the author of Maken-Ki would be a reverse case? That it's better for the author to go back to making H than continuing with Maken because right now, that's how I feel. At least the Hs are more to the point than stretching out one plotline endlessly. It's sad when a harem manga can make me lose interest. On-topic: Any idears on what route chapter 17 will take us through next?
Old 2012-02-23, 18:09   Link #3275
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ch.16.5

I think I get where Momo is at with Rito's sudden change.
I felt he was really out of character and pretty much like the "Hentai-Doujin Rito" where there is a submissive Lala....

But damn....Ass, boobies, *ussies... *nosebleed* I cannot unsee every detail like Rito says.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2012-02-26 at 22:46. Reason: typo
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:12   Link #3276
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Off topic: would it be safe to assume that the author of Maken-Ki would be a reverse case? That it's better for the author to go back to making H than continuing with Maken because right now, that's how I feel. At least the Hs are more to the point than stretching out one plotline endlessly. It's sad when a harem manga can make me lose interest. On-topic: Any idears on what route chapter 17 will take us through next?
oh thank god I'm not the only one that thinks like this
Takeda Hiromitsu's H-mangas are amazing(though most of em are of the NTR genre, they're pretty good IMO)

on-topic: about 17? maybe we'll get to see some Mea-Yami-Tearju quality time. if not, then pick a girl that hasn't got a chapter focused on her and that's basically it. I want more Kyoko. IIRC, she hasn't showed up on TLR Darkness yet.

Old 2012-02-24, 01:13   Link #3277
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder...is it too late for Mikado sensei to be added to the harem? It seems the adult role was taken by Tearju, not that that's a bad thing though^^;;.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:09   Link #3278
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

isn't she already part of it? I mean, she is one of those girls Rito "accidentally" confessed to at the last chapter of TLR

Old 2012-02-24, 03:02   Link #3279
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Off topic: would it be safe to assume that the author of Maken-Ki would be a reverse case? That it's better for the author to go back to making H than continuing with Maken because right now, that's how I feel.
Honestly, the only reason I'm still reading Maken is to see Takeru man up and be the first dude to nail Aki-sensei. With the latest chapter he's at least getting the former done.

Quote:
is it too late for Mikado sensei to be added to the harem? It seems the adult role was taken by Tearju
LOL, the way Tearju acts, she's only an adult in body

But actually, it's never too late. Mikado's probably just waiting for Rito to man up and sweep her off her feet.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:17   Link #3280
Shadow5YA

It's a case by case basis. Some hentai manga artists benefit more going to ecchi than others.

Takeda Hiromitsu's Maken-ki doesn't have a very compelling story, so the main selling point is still the eroticism. In that case, his fans would like his hardcore stuff more.

However, there are also artists like Maybe where the ecchi series (e.g. Tasogare x Amnesia) is far more popular than all of his hentai works combined.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen