AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 10:26   Link #1
Mad_Dogg2014

Nodame Cantabile US DVD/Blu-Ray release?

Hello all,

Did some searching on the threads about this, all I could find is that it is streaming here in the US, but nothing about DVD/Blu-Ray release. Does anyone know if this will get a physical release here in the states? It amazes me how a series of this caliber can not have a physical release, but a sub-par show that came out 6 month's, or less, ago is already on DVD. Licensing has always baffled me. Thanks for the help all!

-MD
Mad_Dogg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 18:41   Link #2
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I know. Why the hell isn't Nodame Cantabile out here yet? The manga is licensed, but why not the anime?

Another series that shares the same predicament is Dennou Coil. Hailed as one of the best anime of 2007, with several awards to back it up just like NC, but it shows no sign whatsoever of getting a release in the US.

Perhaps the companies feel that these won't sell since they target a different audience than anime is usually expected to in the United States?
Old 2010-12-02, 19:00   Link #3
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well being TV-Y7 isn't a good thing for something aimed at teen females. It needed to be TV-14 with cuter guys.

Not having cute guys was a kiss of death for Big Windup! along with being a sports title.
Old 2010-12-02, 19:18   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Read the discussion between Quarkboy and me about this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Perhaps the companies feel that these won't sell since they target a different audience than anime is usually expected to in the United States?
Yes, the target audience is largely the [adult swim] crowd. I give Funi props for carrying Noitamina here via streaming, but shows for family audiences like Dennou Coil or Kemono no Sou-ja Erin aren't on the horizon these days. I've always thought Nodame Cantabile has too much classical music for the audience R1 licensors think they're trying to reach.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-12-02 at 19:41.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 00:49   Link #5
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, it's no fun. And the final season didn't even get a Simulcast here, it made me very sad because I really wanted to watch it.

I'm really hoping that Crackle is able to add the last two seasons really soon, even if it's not the dub. I don't really care either way, but since they have the dub up for the first season it might look weird on their part if they uploaded the last two seasons in sub form. Did they even get dubs?

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 10:59   Link #6
Mad_Dogg2014

Great points all. Well I guess the best we can hope for is a big box set with subs only and no special features. Hell, I'd take that over nothing if you ask me. I guess all I can do for now is cross my fingers and wait. Good thing there are a few other series with substance coming soon. Thanks again everyone!

-MD
Mad_Dogg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote