AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 16:51   Link #1
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Question What is the most confusing things that you have seen?

I was reading tsubasa chronicle along with xxxholic, and every chapter makes me go WTF, i thought i know the character and plot, next thing you know that your assumptions is completely wrong

And there are other plots out there, such as Suzumya haruhi, the plot makes no sense to me, there is this guy who met this girl, and she is some kind of... and here comes the time loop, what???

And i never forget confusing stuffs in evagelion and rahxephon, so confused

These are just some of the example that i have seen, and i want to see more opinions on more confusing things
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 17:56   Link #2
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

i dont know...nothing really confuses me when i pay attention to the plot.... but 1 week after the show i would probably forget most of the show

need to spare memory space for new shows
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:53   Link #3
WhiteWings

Okay. I'm still confused about this.

At the end of Dragonball GT where did Goku suddenly go off to and why?!

I checked but as far as I can tell he just.... left.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:09   Link #4
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I was reading tsubasa chronicle along with xxxholic, and every chapter makes me go WTF, i thought i know the character and plot, next thing you know that your assumptions is completely wrong

And there are other plots out there, such as Suzumya haruhi, the plot makes no sense to me, there is this guy who met this girl, and she is some kind of... and here comes the time loop, what???

And i never forget confusing stuffs in evagelion and rahxephon, so confused

These are just some of the example that i have seen, and i want to see more opinions on more confusing things
Agree on Tsubasa Chronicle, I am really confused on what is going. And same goes for Tenjou Tenge, the manga is really confusing I have no idea what is going on (kinda but the dialogues just seem random and I don't really get the point of some of things that is happening in the manga).

RahXephon imo was not confusing I got much of its story, it isn't direct but the general story is not difficult to comprehend. On the other hand Evangelion is confusing but I kinda get the story.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:10   Link #5
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, xxxHolic and Tsubasa RC are two of more complicated plots in the manga world, but it's starting to make more sense now that it is nearing it's end and more things are being explained. You have to be very careful of little details and keep your timeline straight, and remember that things that happen in the manga are sometimes dreams or something the main character experiences through which also confuse them. Since the main character of the series is confused, so its no wonder we are confused as well. But still, i think everything will make sense at the end.

Those two are nothing in 'confusing-ness' compared to Oh! Great mangas, like Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge. The plots are simple and linear for the most part, but some chapters are just... undecipherable. Its too confusing. But this may be because i read it in large gaps of time; maybe if I read them all at once it might make more sense.

Haruhi is confusing because you haven't grasped the timeline. Watch the series again using the episode numbers haruhi gives during the preview sections, and it will make much more sense.

Recent anime that really confused me at first due to numerous timeline changes was Baccano!, but when I finally grasped the timeline, it was very enjoyable.

Animes like Evangelion, RahXephon, and Serial Experiment Lain are animes with very philosophical thoughts implemented to them. They aren't that confusing after understanding what these anime are trying to convey. But its a confusing topic in general, so if you don't like these type of anime, you should just stay away from them ^^

Like Evangelion, I watched it when I was in 4th grade, and didn't understand the last few confusing episode. I rewatched it in my senior year in highschool and fully understood it (at least in my opinions), and was very enjoyable.

Edit:
Terrestrial Dream beat me to it on Tenjou Tenge, but yea
Old 2009-03-29, 21:19   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm watching Ergo Proxy again with my daughter and still can't decide whether it's simply pretentiously confusing or truly deep. I'm still leaning toward the first of these.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:31   Link #7
falloutboy013
Banned

It's not deep it's just confusing
falloutboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 01:54   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Don't be afraid to reach for the manual if you find the series you're watching difficult to comprehend. Don't get what I mean? This might help.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ereInTheManual
Old 2009-03-30, 03:32   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Don't be afraid to reach for the manual if you find the series you're watching difficult to comprehend. Don't get what I mean? This might help.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ereInTheManual
Awww, I still remember the one for Here's Greenwood:

Check the manga for all the gory details!
Old 2009-03-30, 07:05   Link #10
KimmyChan

Akira even to this day confuses me like anything, it's whole storyline :P
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 10:43   Link #11
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Twilight Q File538 and Angel's Egg.

Oshii's brain is a mess.
Old 2009-03-30, 10:56   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
One of the most confusing things about anime is Ayu in Kanon. It's confusing because it's not explained and you just disregard it because the explanation itself is overshadowed by the story. Somehow, you sort of have the "don't care" attitude, which makes it more confusing, because by the time you actually look back and think, it's no longer fresh in your mind. At least, that's what happened to me.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 10:58   Link #13
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Evangelion's ending. It didn't even make sense to the people writing it I bet. They just got lazy.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 12:44   Link #14
GreatTeacherKen

^^ TV series, movie, or both? Because I thought the movie's ending was pretty vague too.

Spoiler for End of Evangelion ending:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:00   Link #15
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
^^supposedly, the phrase refers to shinji jerking off on Asuka, when she was unconcious.
evangelions ending was confusing to me too. but after reading tons of posts in a russian forum devoted to eva, i got the idea, and yes there is a coherent explanation. maybe i'll post it, if noone beats me to it.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:34   Link #16
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
^^supposedly, the phrase refers to shinji jerking off on Asuka, when she was unconcious.
evangelions ending was confusing to me too. but after reading tons of posts in a russian forum devoted to eva, i got the idea, and yes there is a coherent explanation. maybe i'll post it, if noone beats me to it.
wait, what, he did that, wow i dont remember that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:44   Link #17
Raiga
tl;dr

The ending of Evangelion (the series) wasn't a cop-out... they ran out of budget, sure, but they did intend from the beginning on addressing those themes on identity and human relationships and whatnot. If you paid attention, that was what the rest of the series was really about.

... doesn't stop those two eps and the movie from being among the more mind-bending things I've ever seen.

Also FLCL. I'm still not sure what I thought of it. Because I'm still not sure what I watched.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:05   Link #18
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
wait, what, he did that, wow i dont remember that
Well during the first few minutes of the movie, you see Shinji at the hospital standing over Asuka. He tries to wake her up, and accidentally rips her clothes, exposing her breasts and well then he has some quality time with himself.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:13   Link #19
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Evangelion ending.
okay, i'm not sure if anyone needs this, but i'll post it anyway.
its emensely simplified and i probably got smth wrong, but this was enough for me to calm down. and of course feel free to correct me)

Spoiler for Evangelion ending:

i was confused with FLCL, only understood it fully after 2 rewatches+directors commentary. also Ergo proxy, i dont even want to understand it...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:36   Link #20
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Okay. I'm still confused about this.

At the end of Dragonball GT where did Goku suddenly go off to and why?!

I checked but as far as I can tell he just.... left.
Goku just went to chill out with all the Kaioh-samas and Shenlong, probably to train for a few 50 more years there in the sky, maybe dropping down to hell to fight a few times with Vegeta after he died and stuff.

You know, the usual things Goku would do.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote