AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-12-31, 04:00   Link #2281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She kills Lucy, we learn that she's Gérard's long lost sister, and it opens the door to her return from the dead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 05:47   Link #2282
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Somehow I doubt stellar spirit law would permit Gemini breaking Lucy's contracts in that way. It also still runs into the problem you mentioned, it's easier for Angel to just kill Lucy. She planned to kill Natsu, Hibiki, Happy and Lucy anyways, and if she had to pick one to finish off first, greed would probably drive her to pick Lucy.
Gemini showed they could control and summon Sagittarius through Lucy's contract, so I think there's an off-chance they could also annul it, particularly if they got their hands on the actual keys. I was thinking Lucy could narrowly escape over the waterfall, but drop several keys in the process (e.g., a near miss from Caelum).

But then Angel still has to be defeated for the arc to go the same way, so I dunno. I just wish Lucy had done more to earn those three keys.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 12:24   Link #2283
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i think what would have work best is if Lucy had to take a few quest to find Angel's golden keys. She could have lost them when she was wash down the river and we can have Aquarius threatening bodily injury on Lucy if she doesn't find her boyfriend's key
Old 2010-01-07, 09:26   Link #2284
iceyfw

can someone tell me what chapters shows Mirajane's and her siblings arc? i've read up on lisane(?) after seeing the ending picture of her and natsu of ED2 which got me curious.

and i wish we would get to the dragons arc already. probably been a year or two since i've posted in this thread.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 12:01   Link #2285
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
can someone tell me what chapters shows Mirajane's and her siblings arc? i've read up on lisane(?) after seeing the ending picture of her and natsu of ED2 which got me curious.

and i wish we would get to the dragons arc already. probably been a year or two since i've posted in this thread.
Chapters 55-56 was the first mention. Chapters 117-118 was the next one. A special chapter entitled X778 - Natsu and the Dragon's Egg that came out around chapters 117/118 is the most we see of Lisana.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:11   Link #2286
iceyfw

hmm. sucks she is gone since there was a hint of romance between natsu and her in the special chapter. mashima sure knows how how to drag out the romance department until the very end of a manga...
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:37   Link #2287
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
That's what we have Lucy for (though has been mentioned, Natsu first needs to discover the difference between boys and girls first...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 05:14   Link #2288
NoLongerSane

The scan for 166 is out. A very interesting chapter.
Spoiler for 166:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 06:20   Link #2289
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wow...just wow
Spoiler for 166:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 06:20   Link #2290
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I definitely like Gildarts, he is a pretty cool guy.

He is a human wrecking ball apparently, we officially have someone that does more collateral damage then Natsu

and I loled at his reaction to Mirajane and the rebuilt Guild hall, Natsu must really take after this guy.

Everyone in the guild seems to have a great deal of respect and admiration for him, and he is a friendly sort as well.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2010-01-11, 06:56   Link #2291
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

the mystery from a couple of years ago is being slowly revealed now
hmmm, Grandine, Metalicana, Igneel and that Black Dragon (Zeref's pet maybe?)
and why Lucy's mother's death has the same date when the dragons left
I'm actually excited XD

@new chapter
boy was I relieved that Gildartz ain't some asshole
he was actually pretty cool and funny (he reminds me of Gale Glory from Rave XD)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:11   Link #2292
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ She probably sacrificed herself to <insert dragon disappearance plan here>.
Oh, one last spoiler for Gildartz:
Spoiler for powers:
Old 2010-01-11, 08:09   Link #2293
Wrath88
Kissing...

Control that only extends to his power and not paying attention to his surroundings, lol.

The thing is... that 100 year quest seems like it is unrelated to meeting the black dragon.
Old 2010-01-11, 08:30   Link #2294
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He said that's the reason he failed, and he must have been gone for a good while...makes you wonder what the job was
Old 2010-01-11, 09:26   Link #2295
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel
he's over a century old,
Where do you get this? Did I miss something?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:23   Link #2296
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Where do you get this? Did I miss something?
I don't think its stated he is 100+ years old.
Only the mission he took on is considered a 100years, altho I don't think it would be considered exactly a 100year mission but more a generalization to say just how dangerous it is.

Well Gildartz turned out what I was hoping, a rather laid back old geezer.
Nice to know he thought about Natsu and Lisana like so, which in turn showed how Natsu is somewhat uncomfortable about that topic.
Something that came to mind is he's obviously as strong as the any of the 10 great mages, considering he survives against a dragon so I'm wondering if he's actually one of the 10 great mages.

Good to know we might be getting something on the dragons now, really hope we do.
If Natsu goes off to chase down this dragon, I gotta wonder if any of the gang will follow the other DS might but I also see a possibility that some of the guild might try to stop him, which I think could make for some tense drama.
Old 2010-01-11, 10:45   Link #2297
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Only the mission he took on is considered a 100years, altho I don't think it would be considered exactly a 100year mission but more a generalization to say just how dangerous it is.
Good thinking...would be fun if there were actually 100 year quests, the reward should be over 9000 billion jewels and the right to rule half the world to do it
Old 2010-01-11, 11:27   Link #2298
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

...a mission so dangerous it is completed only once in a hundred years so to say
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 11:32   Link #2299
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh, Lisana ;_; I thought you were forgotten just like that, but now you appeared and bring us back some....shipping ? I don't know >w< lol. Guess Natsu thought of her much because he looked uncomfortable about it.

This black dragon is intresting...I wonder how Natsu would fare against someone like that. And I wonder why every dragon has at least one person to be taught a dragon slayer technique by them. Not to mention, taking care of them as if they are their own kid o.o

Guess we should wait for the next chapter.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:07   Link #2300
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Manga-wise, it raises the drama when/if they end up fighting each other, and makes DS the most suitable people to kill the dragons, who might as well be the second strongest creatures in this story. Story-wise, something along the lines of "I taught you so you could one day kill me for killing your real parents" or "so you would kill me if I ever went berserk", "kill me to erase our existence from the world", etc. My theory will be a bit different and go like this: dragon slayer magic is the only magic that can fully turn humans into dragons, but because it's very hard to master, only one disciple can be taken per dragon, who will later on become the next elemental dragon to teach another human.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen