AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-03-01, 22:22   Link #981
blewin

Love episode 20. Nice to see them all when they were kids. Mira's different image is hilarious, and it's funny to see Ezra in armour when she's so little.

Natsu seems out of character blowing up before Lucy like that though.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 22:37   Link #982
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mirajane was so mean when she was young what happened to her to make her so sweat now
Old 2010-03-01, 22:50   Link #983
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Mirajane was so mean when she was young what happened to her to make her so sweat now
You'll find out soon enough.

So far the anime has followed the Manga storyline for the most part, with an occasional expended omake-chapter episode. With only 1 true filler episode (episode 19). The censorship tones down the seriousness of some scenes by quite a bit, the Manga has much more emotional impact imo.

Although if the preview of the next episode is any indication, the animation budget might have gotten a boost, I hope it is consistent.
Old 2010-03-01, 23:04   Link #984
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

Although if the preview of the next episode is any indication, the animation budget might have gotten a boost, I hope it is consistent.
I thought Fairy Tail is quite popular in Japan too. I can definitely see this go past 50+ episodes. The better animation is also an indication of its increasing popularity. Not sure about 100+ episodes though.... unless the manga + anime gain even more popularity, perhaps not necessarily as attractive as Naruto, but at least as popular as REBORN?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-03-02, 00:00   Link #985
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ep 20 was great, that bit at the start with Natsu glaring at Lucy came as a surprise but since I knew what was to come I liked it, sets the ep up nicely.
Alot of the AO stuff in this series so far has been pretty damn good, hope they can keep up that standard(touch wood)
It's nice and amusing seeing the how some characters haven't changed at all and some changed alot since they were kids.

Lisanna X Natsu is <3, I'll have to go along with others that the flashback with grown up Lisanna was best scene of the ep.

can't wait for next arc now, gonna be awesome!
Old 2010-03-02, 00:15   Link #986
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Natsu seems out of character blowing up before Lucy like that though.
It might seem like that, but it's really just a matter of Lucy stumbling onto a facet of Natsu she never even suspected. Just one of those cases where you think you have someone neatly pegged, then they go and surprise you.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 00:28   Link #987
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I thought Fairy Tail is quite popular in Japan too. I can definitely see this go past 50+ episodes. The better animation is also an indication of its increasing popularity. Not sure about 100+ episodes though.... unless the manga + anime gain even more popularity, perhaps not necessarily as attractive as Naruto, but at least as popular as REBORN?
Fairy Tail is usually averaging +3.5 - +4.0 ratings wise which is good, and averaging top 15 in ratings (just behind Naruto). Hard to to tell if they're using the extra money on animation or just trying to keep certain voice actors around, but they do have Yousuke Kabashima for AD on episode 21. Which is pretty good, he was AD for Saki (episode 19), and worked on some other pretty good stuff, so expecting it to be better than usuall, but still not outstanding. I'm waiting to see AD and staff for the next four ep., since I'm thinking we'll get to the end of the arc around ep. 26, so I'm hoping someone spectacular to do a certain BIG fight. If they screw that up, I'm... well... done. They might as well punch me in the face, because that's just sad. There will never be another FT anime adaption, so I just don't want them to mess up one of the most important/epic arcs in FT.

Episode 20 was one of the first times that actually lived up to the manga and my expectations (in my opinion). If the anime runs short, I would be glad they at least got that omake in. It was very heart warming and sad at the same time (well if you read the manga). In the end this has to be one of my few fav. episodes, just behind 15. Hoping animation picks up next week, we'll see.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 06:27   Link #988
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Erza probably the favourite character.. and hell, I nosebleed at her sukumizu scene last week as well..

But here comes mai waifu introduction next week arc

Screw Gray.. she's mine!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 06:29   Link #989
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Screw Gray.. she's mine!
Hands off my favorite character in the series.
Old 2010-03-02, 06:41   Link #990
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

NO U

I aint sharing such delicate treasure with anyone
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-03-02, 08:41   Link #991
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for well, kinda spoiler here:
My guess is, she is dead?
Old 2010-03-02, 10:37   Link #992
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
My guess is, she is dead?
Ah crap, if anyone ruins this show for me theres gonna be some very tough looking guys outside your house to "talk" to you.

Spoiler for pies:
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 13:20   Link #993
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
NO U

I aint sharing such delicate treasure with anyone
I know we're not really spoiling people, though we should lay off the talk about her until next week.
Old 2010-03-02, 16:39   Link #994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
It will definitely get covered eventually in the series. But watching this episode really shows you the incredible change from who she was in the past to who she is now. Obviously as kids the level of fighting wasn't extreme, but still one person who wasn't intimidated by Erza at all. Just an episode that reminds you that people change and have hidden aspects to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It might seem like that, but it's really just a matter of Lucy stumbling onto a facet of Natsu she never even suspected. Just one of those cases where you think you have someone neatly pegged, then they go and surprise you.
Yeah not Lucy's fault since she couldn't foresee stepping on a landmine like that. But Natsu's reaction is pretty understandable. When getting to know people you are bound to have things like that happen.

Anyways a great episode. Was fun to see the cast in the past and definitely those worried about how the guild would be in the future had cause. It can get pretty crazy in that place .

Lisanna was definitely cute in the flashback. Pretty handy ability though not sure why she needed to become a rabbit to make a house . Was also pretty nice in that later flashback. Overall a nice episode though I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.
Old 2010-03-02, 22:37   Link #995
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I know we're not really spoiling people, though we should lay off the talk about her until next week.
Agree

Until next week.. I get to keep her to myself for another week .. Peoples would soon realized her charm after her appearance ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-03-02, 23:28   Link #996
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTheSun View Post
Fairy Tail is usually averaging +3.5 - +4.0 ratings wise which is good, and averaging top 15 in ratings (just behind Naruto). Hard to to tell if they're using the extra money on animation or just trying to keep certain voice actors around, but they do have Yousuke Kabashima for AD on episode 21. Which is pretty good, he was AD for Saki (episode 19), and worked on some other pretty good stuff, so expecting it to be better than usuall, but still not outstanding. I'm waiting to see AD and staff for the next four ep., since I'm thinking we'll get to the end of the arc around ep. 26, so I'm hoping someone spectacular to do a certain BIG fight. If they screw that up, I'm... well... done. They might as well punch me in the face, because that's just sad. There will never be another FT anime adaption, so I just don't want them to mess up one of the most important/epic arcs in FT.
fingers-crossed here for the animation studio to step up on it.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-03-03, 15:17   Link #997
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Here is something to feast your eyes upon my friends.However, I must warn you that Erza is my new waifu
So you can see but never touch.

Spoiler for My Waifu!:

God, how I love redhairs!
Old 2010-03-03, 20:59   Link #998
Clarste
Human

Ah, good old "The Devil" Mirajane. Seeing her as Erza's old rival really kind of changes things, and makes her a much more interesting character. Maybe not the most elegant way of showing hidden depths, but I like the fact that Mashima at least seems to try. Putting this flashback in earlier probably makes the rest of the story play out more smoothly and poignantly, so good job animation directors. You get two thumbs up for this choice.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 08:31   Link #999
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually it's just the fact that this omake was scheduled for the very far future, but the anime decided to do it now. I still like it, although anime-only viewers might be confused a bit.
Teen Mira is :Love: and Lisanna was pretty cute too The first part to add depth in the anime relationships, Natsu is the character that interests me the most...at least so far
Quote:
it's really just a matter of Lucy stumbling onto a facet of Natsu she never even suspected.
Who would ever suspect Natsu of all people to take an interest in women? It was quite the surprise:P Can't waaait for 21, things are starting to look awesome.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 09:04   Link #1000
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post

God, how I love redhairs!
*looks at your avatar*
*looks at your signature*

Stay puzzled *_*
>> Tsukiumi