Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-03, 10:16   Link #41
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Too naive. I really doubt Fujitora would believe him, also it might just be a test. If Law is continuously honest and Flamingo continues to be an ass Fujitora might just switch targets. He did attack them both, so we'll just have to see. His character can still be saved.
It seems to me that Fujitora attacked Law, he just doesn't really care about Doflamingo (he probably doesn't like him, but since the superiors decided he can still be a Shichibukai, he can't do anything about it). If he was killed, he just would've been collateral damage :-).

And yeah, he wouldn't have believed him, but at least it would've been a nice "F you" from Law. I mean, this is the man who worked with CC (who was experimenting on children) to achieve his goals. It seems that Luffy's honesty is rubbing off on him :-)...
Old 2013-07-03, 11:08   Link #42
Battler-kun

Honesty? More like his own dignity as a Pirate.

So it seems Law isn't totally screwed, yet. Maybe Fujitora decides to watch DD and Law fight and won't do anything anymore in that regard and go hunt down the Strawhats.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:36   Link #43
Slayerx

Y'know looked up the old skypeia chapters just to see, and one of the adventures that Montblanc mentioned to his local villagers was about "an island of midgets"; which depending on what was actually said in the original japanese might have also been translated to "dwarves"
Old 2013-07-03, 11:40   Link #44
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Hmmm yeah there's that, however the Tenryuubito are scum. It's a bit confusing, it could just be the translation.
Nevertheless an admiral is dispatched when one of them gets attacked. It's odd that it's ok if the offender is the subordinate of a shichibukai.
Old 2013-07-03, 14:26   Link #45
marvelB

Oh man, as awesome as it was to see Fujitora in action, Usopp definitely stole the show for me this chapter. I especially loved how he lied about using CoC haki.

I also like how it's getting more and more clear that the whole crew will reunite at the factory. Zoro's being led there by Wicca, Franky by the toyman, Sanji and Kinemon with Violet's map, and Usopp and Robin by the rest of the Tontatta tribe. So far that leaves Nami's group and "Lucy", but as far as the former is concerned, it looks like some of the dwarves stowed away on the Sunny, so I guess they'll direct them to the factory. As for Luffy..... well, seeing as a few of Dofla's crew are fighting in the tournament, it's not hard to see him learning of the factory's location from one of them......

Also, one last thing: Redon cleared up the matter of how admiral Green Bull's name is pronounced in Japanese:

Quote:
New Admiral name is Ryokugyuu (緑牛 (りょくギュウ)).

So it's "Ryokugyuu", then. Kind of a mouthful, but we'll get accustomed to it, I imagine.
Old 2013-07-03, 15:21   Link #46
james0246

^Just call 'em Ryo-kun for short.

And yes, I do like how all the Strawhats are being drawn toward the Toy Factory. I just hope there is a large elephant statute shooting bubbles from it's trunk positioned right outside the complex (phantom-cookies for the reference)
Old 2013-07-03, 15:32   Link #47
marvelB

And another thing..... it's rather unfortunate that Akainu already has "red" in his name, since an admiral Red Bull would have been awesome (because he gives you wiiiiiings).

Hey, someone had to make that joke eventually!
Old 2013-07-03, 15:51   Link #48
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

METEOR ability is hax!!!!! xD

well, from his attitude, I think it's safe to say that Doflamingo is a Tenryuubi

I'm glad to see such sense of justice from the admiral. He doesn't afraid of Doflamingo
Old 2013-07-03, 16:31   Link #49
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Fujitora looks like a wizard. He could be straight from the artwork of a magic card with his staff (upside down sword) and coat in the wind. I like the guy. I'm also enjoying all the recent throwbacks to Skypeia. Connections to older story strings are always something I like a lot. It just adds a feeling of coherence to a story. Again, I hope we will see Enel again sometime. Yeah sure, Fujitora's meteorite was impressive, but so was Enel's gigantic electric ball.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:44   Link #50
shalala

I wonder if Enel and his people saw the meteor being pulled down from space to earth seeing how they are on the moon.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:57   Link #51
Khevvellynn K. Macha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
A few chapters ago we saw him in the meeting and he didn't look deformed.
then I also saw it but it does not show full body!!!
Old 2013-07-03, 19:11   Link #52
marvelB

^I know it's not what your post was referring to, but now I'm reminded of the marine named Fullbody. Man, I kinda wanna both him and Jango as VAs in the current time, though it's more likely that their boss Hina will get that rank. But maybe the both of them can become commodores or something instead......

And whoops, nearly forgot to comment on the ministory! So yeah, like I've been saying last thread, Caribou=asshat.
Old 2013-07-03, 19:46   Link #53
adriankhoo153

Fujitaro a gravity devil fruit user? If this is real, then his ability have infinite range of thing he could pull? I mean, meteorite if in outer space and he could pull that far? Unlike Law who have some kind of range for his ability, Fujitaro range seems infinity! There must be a limitation otherwise, he coul rain meteorite all over.
Perhaps limit to one 'item' being pull at a time?

I some how feel that Violet will betray Sanji for the bigger gain. Sanji is giving too much information out. Hmm...

Last edited by adriankhoo153; 2013-07-03 at 19:49. Reason: Adding point
Old 2013-07-03, 20:36   Link #54
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wonder what the limits are of Fujitora's power. Law seems to be in a pickle though. Nice tie-back to Montblanc. Usopp's lies never cease to amuse me. Franky's new mode is awesome. Well Luffy seems to be having a blast in the coliseum. Like how the Sraw Hats are converging on the factory. Still wonder what happened on the Sunny.
Old 2013-07-03, 22:03   Link #55
SeanQ

hmm is it jst me or does fuji crushes the meteor heading at him by creating a gravitational force on both side of the meteor o.o pretty op if he can crush his opponent in a similar manner
Old 2013-07-03, 23:28   Link #56
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Freakin loved this chapter, I'm loving every thing about this arc so far

Fuji has become one of my favorites already, his attacks are awesome and I love how the man thinks, can't wait to see what he can really do now

Law, things can go two ways here, no wait either way your screwed

Love how both Law and Dof have been caught off gaurd by Fuji's attacks

Usopp's lies catching up with him HAHAHA Haki comes next HAHAHA.

Franky and Sanji are stepping up there games here, this arc has been good to them. Sanji is slowly making his way back to the top on my favorites list

Luffy having fun in the tournament and making every one look weak as heck HAHA. Sanji's reactions to this was priceless

I'm so glad next week we don't have a break, think I'd die if we did at this point

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-07-03, 23:48   Link #57
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 713
That was pretty good. Finally we get to see them fight it out. Admiral Fujitori says he was testing out his ability. Did Fleet Admiral Akainu give Fujitori a Devil Fruit? So if Kizaru has the logia, Fujitori has Paramicia, then Ryokugyuu should have the Zoan? If Law plays his hands right and the Straw Hats reveal the factory in time, then Fujitori will have the evidence he needs to prove Daflamingo's exceed his title. Hopefully later in the battle we will get a better explanation of Admiral Fujitori's power.
Old 2013-07-04, 00:50   Link #58
Khevvellynn K. Macha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khevvellynn K. Macha View Post
then I also saw it but it does not show full body!!!
The manga 700 page 14 appears Akainu, but can not know how it is with just this picture! Doing a lot of mystery to show it after the confrontation you had with Aokiji
which leads to believe that Aokiji left some mark on it =)

Old 2013-07-04, 03:04   Link #59
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The question to me is, if he really pulled the meteor from somewhere in space, or if his power created the meteor itself. (So is it a pull-pull or a meteo-meteo power)
If he can only pull meteors from space, the power is a bit limited, because if there are no meteors (left) to pull, he is out of ammo.

Though I guess in the next chapter he will explain about the power.

But there is one question which still remains: Is it his power, or the power of his sword?
I think gravity based makes more sense because of the demonstration of power at the roulette table.

But anyways, I was also thinking if the power is related to his sword because he unsheathed it back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin
And we once again have a masterful throwback to an arc hundreds of chapters earlier... this is why out of what were the Big Three (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach), One Piece is the only one that I actually follow, since Oda actually knows what the heck he's doing.
That's true! One Piece is so well planned and even more fun to read. Oda wasn't hasty to develop the story or any of the characters. For example Blackbeard's name was first mentioned around chapter 130 when the Mugiwaras where in the Drum Empire. He first appeared approximately 100 chapters later in Jaya and made his way to Shichibukai to become one of the main villains until the war at Marineford.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-04 at 05:06.
Old 2013-07-04, 12:31   Link #60
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And whoops, nearly forgot to comment on the ministory! So yeah, like I've been saying last thread, Caribou=asshat.
We already know how much of a asshat he is. From selling mermaids, to leaving his crew behide when they went to save him from the marines and now leaving the poor old lady to die. I wonder if Drake-X will come to save her. Speaking of him could this mean he lost the fight with the mecha guy thats blowing up the camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Fujitaro a gravity devil fruit user? If this is real, then his ability have infinite range of thing he could pull? I mean, meteorite if in outer space and he could pull that far? Unlike Law who have some kind of range for his ability, Fujitaro range seems infinity! There must be a limitation otherwise, he coul rain meteorite all over.
Perhaps limit to one 'item' being pull at a time?

I some how feel that Violet will betray Sanji for the bigger gain. Sanji is giving too much information out. Hmm...
For the time being it seems to be gravity based. Seeing how he can pull things from space as well as create holes and pull anything within that hole down. Based off the last time we saw it being able to pull things towards the hole as well to some degree. The one "item" at a time does sound like a good draw back. I would guess it also comes down to the weight and size of the item as well. As he was able to pull down 6+ henchmen that where small compard to the Meteor.

I also feel that Violet could betray him. It could be that Dolfa is getting all the strewhats to go to the toy factory and then plan to ambush them in one sweep. Because why else would he lure Luffy with the mera mera fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The question to me is, if he really pulled the meteor from somewhere in space, or if his power created the meteor itself. (So is it a pull-pull or a meteo-meteo power)
If he can only pull meteors from space, the power is a bit limited, because if there are no meteors (left) to pull, he is out of ammo.

Though I guess in the next chapter he will explain about the power.

But there is one question which still remains: Is it his power, or the power of his sword?
Pull pull or gravity based as meteor was not shown at the casio place. Plus so far it seem to be his sword is doing all the work. As when ever he has used his power he has been shown to take out his sword and twist it around or take it out from its cover.
Closed Thread