AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-21, 15:33   Link #21
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Has Shoji Meguro done the music for nearly all of the Megami Tensei series? I know he did the music for both Digital Devil Saga games, and I think he did it for SMT: Nocturne, but I ripped that soundtrack into a lossless format and can't easily play them on Mac OS (sigh).
Most of them, I think, though not all. He did Nocturne along with two other composers (Kenichi Tsuchiya and Toshiko Tasaki).
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 19:25   Link #22
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
If they were related then it'd certainly help to make an excuse for using the same character designs and graphic style.
The only excuse needed is how great it looks. Previous Persona character designs actually frightened me, with the excessive use of eyelash and eyeliner and all. This style closer to modern anime works better. At least the old artist can still make kickass designs for the Personae.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 21:36   Link #23
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
I'm really excited for it, but I it better be really good or it'll ruin the others for me too D:
Is anyone else not bothering to wait for the english one? XD

The old art is pretty.... ._. I have no way to describe it. It's not bad, but it is definatly weird/terrifying.

and what, Velvet limo? It looks like Igor's going to kidnap the main character. "Step into my limo little boy, I've got candy"
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 00:34   Link #24
digi.amuro

Some more info on P4

Originally Posted by duckroll (NeoGAF):
http://gmstar.com/ps2/persona4.html

- More school life events and activities compared to P3
- Deeper Commu (S.Link) system, with more realistic interactions
- Various traps in dungeons
- Weapon customization from P3Fes returns
- Easy/Normal/Hard settings from the start
Old 2008-03-22, 09:32   Link #25
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Wait, P4 is 3 years afer P3?

I thought the games were going to have completely separate storylines.
P4 takes place 2 years after P3 and yes, they are supposed to be separate storylines but they're still going to be fighting the same Shadows only this time, it seems they can consume minds too and not just leave their "victims" in a mindless state. So it looks like the Shadows have evolved

Quote:
Has Shoji Meguro done the music for nearly all of the Megami Tensei series?

(I still haven't played Persona 3, but I really want to. My PS2 is back in New York and I have no television; I ripped my PS2 BIOS but PS2 emulators aren't far enough along yet that I could buy the game and play it on my computer yet...)
Well, Valdra pretty much answered that question. You can find a list of Shoji's works on Wiki BTW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoji_Meguro

I haven't actually tried it myself but doesn't PCSX2 run PS2 games fairly well? So long as your computer has the CPU power such as a duo core system. FFX ran very slow on my PC but on a friend's quad core system it ran flawlessly. Then again, maybe it's because that's the title they tried to get their emulators working for in the first place.

Quote:
The only excuse needed is how great it looks. Previous Persona character designs actually frightened me, with the excessive use of eyelash and eyeliner and all. This style closer to modern anime works better. At least the old artist can still make kickass designs for the Personae.
That's actually one of the things I like about the MegaTen series and P3. The designs are unique not just the usual designs you see everywhere.

Don't just make it normal looking. Make it extreme and stand out
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 10:24   Link #26
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

I played Persona 3 for about 20 hours and got bored of it, same map, doing the same thing ove and over again, it was quiet boring for me. The music was really good thou, still listening to OST sometimes
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:16   Link #27
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

20 hours and same map???
Didn't you advance any further or something?
Old 2008-03-22, 13:56   Link #28
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thing is with Tartarus in P3 was that you're only really supposed to do each level once as long as you get to the next teleporter so you don't have to do it all again. Only reason why'd you ever go back and redo any level is if you missed finishing any quest, or you're desperately in need of cash. (levels don't really matter as long you've got the right mix of Personas)

So if you're doing Tartarus over and over again and you're tired of it, you're doing it wrong IMO. Two nights a month at the most... the rest should be used to up your three social statistics ASAP. Also helps to rest the day before you go to Tartarus, so you become 'great' and be able to hit harder and crit more often.

I personally only redid Tartarus ever in the final stages in the game, when there's nothing else better to do than fight there.

Quote:
I personally liked the original character designer better, as the more goth look suits Persona's darker themes better IMO. Not to mention it looks worlds apart from your usual character designs, giving Persona a different feel from all but the Megaten series.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:29   Link #29
Kagedanji

Imagining Aegis drawn the old way. Do not want.
Old 2008-03-23, 08:25   Link #30
Ending

Quote:
Only reason why'd you ever go back and redo any level is if you missed finishing any quest, or you're desperately in need of cash. (levels don't really matter as long you've got the right mix of Personas)
Actually, somewhere around levels 100-150 you need to redo the same level at least 10 times to level up from 30 to 42 (minimum) to get diarama, which is the first group heal you can get. This because the following boss is rather unbalanced and will wipe you if you don't grind the levels and lv.42 is minimum required for the spell.

It's boring too. The reason why I haven't yet picked up the game again.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 08:25   Link #31
Sides

Screens on famitsu.com
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 13:53   Link #32
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Actually, somewhere around levels 100-150 you need to redo the same level at least 10 times to level up from 30 to 42 (minimum) to get diarama, which is the first group heal you can get. This because the following boss is rather unbalanced and will wipe you if you don't grind the levels and lv.42 is minimum required for the spell.

It's boring too. The reason why I haven't yet picked up the game again.
So many inaccuracies.

Diarama is the more powerful dia. MEdia is the first group healing spell. To get it, you just need the right persona and you may not have to level it up as much as you think, unless you were talking about Yukari. If you didn't get either of those spells before reaching the 100s, there was something wrong you did.

And don't quit on the damned game fool! You haven't reached the good parts of the game!
Old 2008-03-24, 08:47   Link #33
MeganeShounen
Huh?

After watching the 17 minute trailer... it seems like a lot of things have changed since P3.

Spoiler for some stuff other people probably know by now...:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:28   Link #34
Ending

@ Kagedanji

Yeah, I meant "mediarama" instead of "diarama." Been a while since I played it. But according of the guides online, lv.42 persona is the earliest you can get it. And no: I did nothing wrong. My characters were at lv.33 at that time, so it meant I had to do a lot of grinding.

Picked the game today. That elementary school kid joined in and I finished with the 3rd level of Tartarus. Or at least I think it was the 3rd. Unless it was 4th.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:46   Link #35
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

- I guess almost everyone knows where his Persona's name was taken from...

well not many would have known that Jiraiya originate from a folklore tale in japan
Old 2008-03-24, 09:51   Link #36
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
- I guess almost everyone knows where his Persona's name was taken from...

well not many would have known that Jiraiya originate from a folklore tale in japan
True. But you can also reference it from Naruto, if all things fail. ^_^;

Forgot adding a few other names...
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:48   Link #37
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
20 hours and same map???
Didn't you advance any further or something?
ya, i was on like 60th floor or something...after i heard there are over 200 levels i quit..
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 18:02   Link #38
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
ya, i was on like 60th floor or something...after i heard there are over 200 levels i quit..
YOU WIMP.

o_o
Old 2008-03-24, 20:01   Link #39
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Wow this game looks so awsome! Hey is it just me or does all the characters seem to be wearing glasses during the fight scenes? Are the glasses of some importance?
yeah I noticed that too,must be something to see the enemy or somethin
Kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:42   Link #40
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
You spent too much time in Tartarus.
I don't need to grind that much, because of the extra part after each battle, the amount of bonus exp is just too great that it took me a small amount effort to catch up with the next boss.
And who played P3 for the battle anyway? Better spending your time for Social Link & your girl.

Tags
ps2