Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 06:24   Link #1141
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
DVD special 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 13:58   Link #1142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

DVD special 06 was absolutely lovely, easily my favorite out of the specials --- it's a shame they didn't show this at the end of the TV series.
Old 2008-01-08, 15:21   Link #1143
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Couldn't get enough of Himiko x Kaon and Chikane x Himeko!

Those precious 5 minutes shall be etched into the deepest part of my memory, never forgotten.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 15:34   Link #1144
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
ADV brought us the hard-to-find Japanese Princess Tutu promo and the specials for that series as well, so there's no doubt in my mind that KTTNS will get the same treatment.

Also, ADV has TWO other Kaishaku titles (UFO and Kurumi) while Geneon only has Kannazuki.
Old 2008-01-17, 15:50   Link #1145
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Eternal Sky

It's been about 10 months ago since I last posted in this thread. Kind of feeling nostalgic a little bit.

I returned for one last time to shed my thoughts about the specials due that I finished with the last one today.

Spoiler:

Well, that's it for Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora to me folks. Enjoy the DVD's once they come out.

P.S. Please, anyone could make an avatar of Setsuna with short hair from either the last episode or the sixth special? Thank you.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 16:09   Link #1146
kamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
P.S. Please, anyone could make an avatar of Setsuna with short hair from either the last episode or the sixth special? Thank you.
My first time making animated avatars. ^^;;

And one that's too large to use here:
Old 2008-01-19, 22:57   Link #1147
Aurelia aurita
???

This one's too big, but it was fun anyway. It didn't crop too well either, so you can't see her hair well.

Original (from episode 12):

Anyway, on the subject of specials, does anyone more well-versed in Japanese than I am understand Waruteishia's and Sojiro's parts in the sixth one? I know it doesn't make too much sense since I couldn't understand what they were saying, so I put down the direct Chinse translation.

I'm thinking about ordering another picture of Setsuna at Anime Boston this year, but that's kind of silly since I already did that last year....
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 15:39   Link #1148
Aurelia aurita
???

Cute doujin image of Setsuna:
Old 2008-02-18, 17:25   Link #1149
Chiibi

I have to ask...why is it that everyone seems to hate Kuu and the series in general yet they love Setsuna? I don't get it. I really don't.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:53   Link #1150
Aurelia aurita
???

I liked Kuu in the beginning when she fantasized and wrote letters to her prince. Her sparkle vision was awesome, and she actually thought about other people. In the second half she became really self-centered and kind of pathetic. Occasionally, I got the retarded moe vibe, which I despise with a passion.
Setsuna was much more selfless, and her situation seemed more tragic, so it was easier for me to sympathize with her.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm sure others have different reasons.

On another note, these figurines are kinda cute. They don't seem to be super high quality though.

Link
Old 2008-02-18, 18:36   Link #1151
Chiibi

How was Kuu self-centered? Because she loved Kyoushirou? o_o I thought Setsuna was the selfish one later on because she was all "I love him and will do anything for him no matter what" and then the minute she sees Kyoushirou confess to Kuu, she has a hissy fit and goes back on her word. If you truly love someone, that means you want them to be happy. T_T

Oh wow! I didn't know they made figures for this series! They look nice.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:58   Link #1152
Lesca

Nice figures, If they ever made a decent one of Kaon I'd buy it, not really keen on the KnM version of her, that was made.
Old 2008-02-18, 19:54   Link #1153
Aurelia aurita
???

Chiibi, if you look at loving someone that way, then Setsuna did that. She tries to make him happy be obediently following all his orders even before Kuu arrived, but she knows that nothing would really make him happier than her death/destruction. When Kaon kidnaps Kuu the second time, she probably doesn't like Kuu much and is jealous of her, but she's still the one doing most of the hard work to get her back.

The part when Setsuna hugs Kuu while Kuu was emo was sweet, but I'm not sure if she did it because Kyoshiro told her to as she said, or because she felt sorry for her. After she saw Kyoshiro confess to Kuu, she was all "OMG I HATE YOU", but she never hurt either of the two. And then Kazuya arrives minutes later, and she was the first one trying to prevent Kuu from being taken away.

At the other Academy, Setsuna saved the brooch Kyoshiro got for Kuu after Kazuya threw it away, and then gave it back to her right before she was supposed to enter her chamber. Kuu left the Angel's Gallery and supposedly saved the world because she wanted to save Kyoshiro; she wasn't thinking about anyone else. And then Setsuna protects both of them from Kazuya's attacks. Setsuna got a really crappy ending compared to everyone else. Kuu is going to be reincarnated and Kyoshiro promises to be with her, Kaon has Himiko, Tarlotte stays with Sojiro, Kazuya (the villain for god's sake) gets Waruteishia, and Setsuna....gets to travel with some guy she's in love with, but it will never be reciprocated, and she's well aware that. Kyoshiro says she can hurt him for all the pain he's caused her, but she doesn't even touch him at all.

Kuu feels sorry for Setsuna and the other Angels for being forbidden from loving humans before she discovered she was one herself, but she never does anything to defend Setsuna from Kyoshiro's treatment of her. Setsuna's "hissy fit" lasted a minute, if that long at all.

Setsuna had awesome hair too.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2008-02-18 at 20:34. Reason: I had dinner.
Old 2008-02-18, 20:30   Link #1154
Chiibi

Ah okay. I need to watch the series again...actually. lol
Old 2008-03-05, 21:25   Link #1155
Aurelia aurita
???

LOL. Did anyone see the announcement of ADV's title for the R1 release of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora at ANN?
It's...."Shattered Angels".

I think the name's kinda funny, but also, I'm smacking my head on the desk. It reminds me a lot of the "Shadow Warrior Chronicles" thing. It's been about 8 months since they announced the license, and I'm glad it's finally getting released.
Old 2008-03-05, 21:32   Link #1156
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, until someone official says something about it, you can never be sure whether the title was an American invention or something imposed by the Japanese licensor (like "Rumbling Hearts"). I suppose that I have to admit that "Kyoshirou and the Eternal Sky" isn't an incredibly "market-friendly" name, but I do prefer original titles. In either case, I have to admit that I don't find this quite as "grievous" as the Utawarerumono example; at least it has some semblance of relevance this time...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:33   Link #1157
Kumani
ガールズラブ

Send a message via AIM to Kumani Send a message via MSN to Kumani
Finished watching this one...wow the ending is kind of like Revolutionary Girl Utena (if you've seen it) But I only saw this anime for Kaon and Himiko, the rest was okay, the whole anime was kind of cliche and the characters were oblivious. Oh well, nicely done.
Kumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 15:34   Link #1158
Chiibi

"Shattered Angels" is kind of a cool title, actually. Gotta admit the original title is a bit of a mouthful...
Old 2008-03-25, 18:29   Link #1159
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Sounds cheesy to me. Ahh well it could be a lot worse

NSFW pic
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 03:42   Link #1160
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sounds cheesy to me. Ahh well it could be a lot worse
Well better than "Kyoshiro of something sky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
NSFW pic
Spoiler:
I have this pic too and I was trying to get Set-chan and it was Seeing Set-chan in a lingerie is a real treat .

---> It's pretty rare to see good images for this series.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen