AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-27, 20:02   Link #21
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I agree. Right now Shippuuden is a lot more researched than Bleach in my mind.

I mean, Naruto isn't afraid of killing off characters, for instance. In Bleach, noone belonging to the main cast of characters has died. You then end up with 20-bajillion characters that Kubo is trying to give justice to, and I couldn't care less about half of them, whether or not they show cool new abilities.

Momo, for example, I coudln't care less about. Fat lip guy? Why even assume we care? Bleach is at essence shounen, but it took away the grim aspects of a fight to the death by taking away... the death.

What's the point in that? I mean, of the entire cast of bad guys not all of them are killed off. Grimmjow spared? That Arrancar that got beaten up by Chad, HEALED BY SHINIGAMI's?

What the fuck? Wasn't there a huge huge problem between Vizards and Shinigami's, and now they heal up their worst enemies? What's next, making friends with Arrancars? Maybe, afro-Arrancar can make friends with Chad and share 60's-70's dresscode secrets.

So yeah. I've been disappointed with Bleach.
And the fact that Bleach's main focal point is....justice and saving friends.
Old 2008-11-27, 20:35   Link #22
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
And the fact that Bleach's main focal point is....justice and saving friends.
that's right.

"One for all, all for one!"

beside Orihime; someone could let her off on the next corner in Las Noches St.
Old 2008-11-27, 20:43   Link #23
Slayerx

Quote:
What's the point in that? I mean, of the entire cast of bad guys not all of them are killed off. Grimmjow spared? That Arrancar that got beaten up by Chad, HEALED BY SHINIGAMI's?
indeed... it kind of undermines much of what we heard before...
like the fact that hollows can not survive with devouring human souls or other hollows, so that to let them live is too pretty much just offer up human souls... also, we went though with ichigo how "killing" a hollow was really just purifying it and letting it them go to soul society, and therefore you shouldn't feel pity for killing the soul eating monsters; in fact in a sense, you could say you are actually doing them a favor

except if you don't kill them with a zanpaktou... in which case the dead hollow does not return; hence the whole need to wipe out the quincy... which really only serves to raise the question as to why SS allows the humans to fight in the first place, or doesn't make a mention to make sure they don't kill a hollow through kido (but since i don't think we've seen a shimigami kill with kido, they could already acknowledge such a rule)... hell, when you think about it, ichigo actually did Dordonii a disservice... had Ichigo finished him off he would have gone back to SS like any other purified soul, were as getting killing by those exequias killed him off in every sense of the word

grant it, since the arrancar are actually a combination of hundreds of hollows, things might work a bit differently... namely the possibility that the souls in them might get borken up and split into their individual selves, or that they arrancar is broken down and just return to that great soul recycler in the sky, or whatever they call it (pretty sure soul recycling through death and rebirth was something of how they explained why what the quincy were doing as a big problem) ... we are not very clear on that... kubo never went over what happens when a menos is "killed" by a zanpaktou

ya... some unexplained plot holes...

Quote:
What the fuck? Wasn't there a huge huge problem between Vizards and Shinigami's, and now they heal up their worst enemies? What's next, making friends with Arrancars?
*cough*Nel*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Looks very interesting. Yeah, Rangiku and Momo are going to have a hard time killing it with Sun, Rose and Apache..
i don't know, Momo's timely arrival has only served to remind me that we still have Yamamoto's VC waiting nearby doing nothing atm... and then there's nanao who is oddly unaccounted for... and that Komomura has no reason to hang around by the pillars since their are 4 VC level shimigami over there ready to keep fighting (ida replaces Ikakku and guards those poles he set up)

yeah... i'm not gonna be surprised if someone else steps in...
Old 2008-11-27, 21:21   Link #24
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

*cough*Nel*cough*

Ichigo=someone who has no sense of logic and noob at being a shinigami. He would totally fail as a captain in SS.
Old 2008-11-27, 22:08   Link #25
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Nothing but a pic? *Sigh* Just have to wait for the chapter. This is not a Bleach and Ichigo friendly thread. Don't wanna be here >.<
Old 2008-11-27, 22:08   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I mean, Naruto isn't afraid of killing off characters, for instance. In Bleach, noone belonging to the main cast of characters has died. You then end up with 20-bajillion characters that Kubo is trying to give justice to, and I couldn't care less about half of them, whether or not they show cool new abilities.

Momo, for example, I coudln't care less about. Fat lip guy? Why even assume we care? Bleach is at essence shounen, but it took away the grim aspects of a fight to the death by taking away... the death.

So yeah. I've been disappointed with Bleach.
To me, the real problem of Bleach is the repetitiveness and bad pacing rather than the lack of death. I'm all for killing folks off, but the shock effect of death only goes so far.

The story is bogged down by the number of characters though. Like Slayerx said, we have Yamamoto, Saskibe, Komomura, the VC's at the pillar and Utitake sitting around doing nothing in the middle of a battle. The situation doesn't feel like the all-out war it's supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

when you think about it, ichigo actually did Dordonii a disservice... had Ichigo finished him off he would have gone back to SS like any other purified soul, were as getting killing by those exequias killed him off in every sense of the word

grant it, since the arrancar are actually a combination of hundreds of hollows, things might work a bit differently... namely the possibility that the souls in them might get borken up and split into their individual selves, or that they arrancar is broken down and just return to that great soul recycler in the sky, or whatever they call it (pretty sure soul recycling through death and rebirth was something of how they explained why what the quincy were doing as a big problem) ... we are not very clear on that... kubo never went over what happens when a menos is "killed" by a zanpaktou
Well, the arrancar we saw get killed with zanpakuto, it didn't seem like their spirits moved on, like what happened with Acidwire and Shreiker. Aaroneiro melted, but when Noitora and Tesla died, their bodies remained on the ground and didn't dissolve like hollows who have been purified. Noitora mentioned that the arrancar can never find redemption, so it might be impossible for them to be purified. Instead their existence just ends... sucks for them.

Quote:
Ichigo=someone who has no sense of logic and noob at being a shinigami. He would totally fail as a captain in SS.
Awww, you're saying you wouldn't be friends with Nel? C'mon... it's Nel.

Old 2008-11-27, 22:09   Link #27
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Quality has declined greatly but not popularity . Bleach has been ranked highly in the past few weeks (Before Omeada) . Its beaten even One Peice once in terms of WSJ popularity rankings. Here

Last weeks WSJ Rankings (credits : Guts/Zangetsu01)
Don't know why you are surprised
Bleach is one of Shonen Jumps heavy hitters
One Piece, Bleach and Naruto
These three are always in competition for the crown every week
Old 2008-11-27, 22:36   Link #28
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Awww, you're saying you wouldn't be friends with Nel? C'mon... it's Nel.
Eh I would like the older Nel better. Not the chibi version.
Old 2008-11-27, 22:45   Link #29
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Yeah, we know why.^^^^
Old 2008-11-27, 23:15   Link #30
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Yeah, we know why.^^^^
Pish lame. Nah. chibi version is just annoying. Actually ierno. Nels character has always been a bit annoying. I wish they changed the voice for adult nel.
Old 2008-11-27, 23:28   Link #31
NoLongerSane

The chapter is out in OM.
Spoiler for Chapter 336:
Old 2008-11-27, 23:31   Link #32
Defiance
The Founder

Chapter 336
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-27, 23:35   Link #33
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Spoiler for Chapter 336:
Old 2008-11-27, 23:37   Link #34
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Kira and the Fox Captain Lutenient arrive.
Don't confuse Shuuhei with Iba!!! The difference in their coolness is the difference between night and day : ( (totally intended that wording)

Oh, and they left their posts guarding the pillars? Hi.

This would mean that at least one is unguarded, two if Yumichika is still a bit knocked out from what Kira did...

Quote:
Wow.....2 VCs against that thing? I don't know why but I have a feeling that thing can be as strong as Grimmjow or something. More ownage for Allon!!! Bad cliffhanger again this week. :[
Yes, yes...I have a funny feeling this is when the whole tide of protagonistic victories turns in the other direction. Just as predicted, Kubo is going to make the manga amazingly addictive around the time the third movie debuts. At least, I hope that is what his reason was for these awfully short chapters recently :/

Last edited by Glacial; 2008-11-27 at 23:50.
Old 2008-11-27, 23:44   Link #35
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Don't confuse Shuuhei with Iba!!! The difference in their coolness is the difference between night and day : ( (totally intended that wording)

Oh, and they left their posts guarding the pillars? Hi.

This would mean that at least one is unguarded, two if Yumichika is still a bit knocked out from what Kira did...
Wow.....2 VCs against that thing? I don't know why but I have a feeling that thing can be as strong as Grimmjow or something. More ownage for Allon!!! Bad cliffhanger again this week. :[
Old 2008-11-27, 23:46   Link #36
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 336:
Makes you wonder how this part will be animated?
Spoiler for chapter 336:
Old 2008-11-27, 23:47   Link #37
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Spoiler for chapter 336:
It's cause compared to Allon they are weak.
Old 2008-11-27, 23:55   Link #38
NoLongerSane

Why do I have this feeling that the reason that Allon was created was to give Ikkaku another chance to redeem himself. That or Komamura pulls double duty as to take out fraccións that are beating up VCs.
Old 2008-11-28, 00:01   Link #39
Freya

Quote:
Why do I have this feeling that the reason that Allon was created was to give Ikkaku another chance to redeem himself. That or Komamura pulls double duty as to take out fraccións that are beating up VCs.
By the looks of it, Allon isn't that weak. So I highly doubt Komamura is going to have such an easy time. He even had to go Bankai against the fraccion.
Old 2008-11-28, 00:04   Link #40
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 336:
Spoiler for 336:

Also, why are we posting in spoiler tags? This is the manga thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga