AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-17, 17:36   Link #221
Sydonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsticex View Post
Heres a game thats kinda anime styled...
It came out in like December and is on its Third expansion tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia48VnVesrM
Theres a video of it.
Ive seen some doujins (non-ecchi) of it as well x3

its called tales runner if your interested...
holy crap this looks awesome like a free runner/anime/mmo! how come i never heard of any of these mmos? so awesome lol
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 15:41   Link #222
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Are there some good PvP or good 2D games? I enjoyed Ragnarok for it's PvP [I played private servers], and I enjoyed Maplestory because it didn't seem like a click-watch-repeat game [although I still didn't enjoy grinding] and because interaction was easy. I'm not interested in the game's story or anything, since if I wanted something like that, I'd play a console RPG.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 15:50   Link #223
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In LaTale when you pvp levels are equaled and skills buffed so as to balance out. There is still a slight advantage depending on class and job level but its not as drastic as other games. You can win as low level against high level in LaTale.

Latale is 2D side-scroller like Maple (I didn't like/play maple).
Old 2009-06-19, 00:41   Link #224
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Ether Saga Online: The best right now in my opinion

1st Place ESO MV Winner: (Must watch it in HD)
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 13:31   Link #225
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
Ether Saga Online: The best right now in my opinion
Never really got into games made by the people who made perfect world. A lot of hype. Yes graphics are ok but the gameplay always seemed to be made to bore you to no end.
Old 2009-06-19, 22:10   Link #226
Sydonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Never really got into games made by the people who made perfect world. A lot of hype. Yes graphics are ok but the gameplay always seemed to be made to bore you to no end.
true ...
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:04   Link #227
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

AION's looks Crazy awesome, just check out my character.

been playin in the beta for a while, and its fun.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:14   Link #228
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its closed beta isn't it. And well it would be pretty bad if it didn't look good given that its not free to play.

It's also not anime, I think.
Old 2009-06-20, 04:34   Link #229
KonataChan
Lucky Star Fan

maplestory!~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 2009-06-20, 11:47   Link #230
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

In my experience free to plays the better the graphics the more dull the gameplay gets. They make the game look really pretty to try and make the gameplay get covered up.

I mean look at Perfect World...
Old 2009-06-20, 14:37   Link #231
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

I haven't really tried other MMORPGs that much but what's so wrong about Perfect World's gameplay? Unless your doing it wrong in this game, I even think that Perfect World has better quality in gameplay than its graphics. By gameplay I mean things that keep me having fun while inside the game.

* Some Free MMORPGs have cash shop items (Boutiques) for you to pay real money to become better or look better. But Perfect World lets you have the option to also use your in-game money to purchase them too.

* As for leveling..... Im pretty sure most of the people actually grind the whole time in their first play and just quit. If you were grinding your whole lvling time THEN YOUR DOING IT WRONG. 90% of your leveling exp actually comes from quests which also introduces you the the game's plot and stories from different NPCs.

* Heck it even has quests that resets everyday and are easy to do and gives you around 10% even at lvl 65 and thats just 1 quest.

*Controls is also what I heard from other people. But then you don't expect all MMO's to have the same control setups. Not continuing the game just cause of game control issues and not even trying to get used to it is just a poor excuse. But then its your choise.

*Actually for a Free MMO, this game might actually have the fewest bots, specially in PvP servers. You cant easily teleport in this game and the controls above actually helps to prevent botting. One good example is the no auto target button. Most people complain about having to click on the monster than to just press 1 button but botters actually have to rely more on other ways to target monsters. And its not worth it cause their bot keeps getting killed every minute by some people who will just PK you for not responding.

*Character customization or creation is hands down the best I've seen in "any game". While it still lacks more customizations in the body but you basically have unlimited way to create your face. Not a single player in Perfect world looks the same (Unless you used presets [which are ugly] or someone gave you their presets). You can even change your character's appearance anytime you want as long as its before 48 hours upon creating your character. After 48 hours though you need real cash or coins(in-game money).

The only two problems I have on this MMO and that it's still not big enough and the class balance. Towns consists of 3 houses and Cities the size of a very small town. Class balancing is just stupid and this is what the company really fails at doing at all their games. Maybe cause their communists. And if you actually want to try playing this game , don't go to PVP server, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for non PvP gamers.

Haven't tried their Guild vs Guild yet so I cant comment on it.

That said I haven't really tried that much Free MMOs. Cabal was definitely the all graphics bad gameplay game and you get to be called a noob-chicken-dodging-away-from-my-combo for actually having skills to use fade. Didnt even game Maple Story a chance, and havent touched Runescape.

Can anyone recommend me an MMO that you believe to have a good gameplay and still anime based? So far I liked Perfect World and Mabinogi.

Btw here's my character, Konata_Izumi from Harshlands(PvP) server:
Spoiler for A Bunch of Pictures:

Note:
(Graphics setup was really high so I was lagging while taking these pictures @_@)
Sorry if there are errors on my post, in a hurry right now, I'm very late @_@. Please don't hate me.

Last edited by Rozen Van Kaizer; 2009-06-20 at 14:48.
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 15:17   Link #232
krisslanza

By gameplay issues I just mean it's kind of stale. Battle-wise. I've grown a bit... Bored of the 'click and forget' kind of combat. I was spoiled with Mabinogi's more 'real time' battle system that actually required me to not just alt-tab when I was killing things.

Not to say I won't play 'click and forget' battle systems it's just they're so common it makes a lot of games feel the same.
Old 2009-06-20, 16:23   Link #233
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I haven't really tried other MMORPGs that much but what's so wrong about Perfect World's gameplay? Unless your doing it wrong in this game, I even think that Perfect World has better quality in gameplay than its graphics. By gameplay I mean things that keep me having fun while inside the game.

* Some Free MMORPGs have cash shop items (Boutiques) for you to pay real money to become better or look better. But Perfect World lets you have the option to also use your in-game money to purchase them too.

* As for leveling..... Im pretty sure most of the people actually grind the whole time in their first play and just quit. If you were grinding your whole lvling time THEN YOUR DOING IT WRONG. 90% of your leveling exp actually comes from quests which also introduces you the the game's plot and stories from different NPCs.

* Heck it even has quests that resets everyday and are easy to do and gives you around 10% even at lvl 65 and thats just 1 quest.

*Controls is also what I heard from other people. But then you don't expect all MMO's to have the same control setups. Not continuing the game just cause of game control issues and not even trying to get used to it is just a poor excuse. But then its your choise.

*Actually for a Free MMO, this game might actually have the fewest bots, specially in PvP servers. You cant easily teleport in this game and the controls above actually helps to prevent botting. One good example is the no auto target button. Most people complain about having to click on the monster than to just press 1 button but botters actually have to rely more on other ways to target monsters. And its not worth it cause their bot keeps getting killed every minute by some people who will just PK you for not responding.

*Character customization or creation is hands down the best I've seen in "any game". While it still lacks more customizations in the body but you basically have unlimited way to create your face. Not a single player in Perfect world looks the same (Unless you used presets [which are ugly] or someone gave you their presets). You can even change your character's appearance anytime you want as long as its before 48 hours upon creating your character. After 48 hours though you need real cash or coins(in-game money).

The only two problems I have on this MMO and that it's still not big enough and the class balance. Towns consists of 3 houses and Cities the size of a very small town. Class balancing is just stupid and this is what the company really fails at doing at all their games. Maybe cause their communists. And if you actually want to try playing this game , don't go to PVP server, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for non PvP gamers.

Haven't tried their Guild vs Guild yet so I cant comment on it.

That said I haven't really tried that much Free MMOs. Cabal was definitely the all graphics bad gameplay game and you get to be called a noob-chicken-dodging-away-from-my-combo for actually having skills to use fade. Didnt even game Maple Story a chance, and havent touched Runescape.

Can anyone recommend me an MMO that you believe to have a good gameplay and still anime based? So far I liked Perfect World and Mabinogi.

Btw here's my character, Konata_Izumi from Harshlands(PvP) server:
Spoiler for A Bunch of Pictures:

Note:
(Graphics setup was really high so I was lagging while taking these pictures @_@)
Sorry if there are errors on my post, in a hurry right now, I'm very late @_@. Please don't hate me.
when a game has furry ears and tail, I cant help but think its just Eyecandy game.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:47   Link #234
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

In the game Dragonica posted on the previous page its very situational when you should spam/use your best skill or disable.

You can only really level efficiently in a instance, but the items you get at the end (not to mention other things like ranking) are heavily dependent on your score which is calculated as: combo + crit - hit. To get combos you need to get lots of consecutive hits, multiples of 30, up to at most 150. Getting 30 = 1 combo point and you get bonus if you get higher multiples. Crit is similar, 10 critical hits = 1 crit point. This may not seem all that hard but then you have to be doing all this while never ever getting hit. When you do get hit its calculated as follows: melee: 2 hits = 1 point, mages: 80% of hits, Archer: 1 hit = 1 point. Hit here being a monster attack, so if you get attacked multiple times by a monster (even the same one) you get multiple hits. The individual scores of the party are summed up, so everybody counts not just you.

Now you can cheat combos by using crappy gear but then you are going to level so slow its going to be retarded. Should you use too powerful spells too often you effectively kill the mobs too fast thus either not generating that x30 or otherwise screwing your team-mates. Same for disables, as some make mobs hard to hit, you don't want to use them except against ranged or dangerous mobs. If you are a melee class like a warrior then should you go in there and spam you'll inevitably get lots and lots of hits on you (due to target limitation some monsters will still get you) so you'll generate a unholy negative score to destroy whatever good the others are doing, not to mention kill so fast you screw up combos. Other solo play also gets the stick, if you ignore the team and just head on up ahead to the next mob you effectively make it imposible for your team to get high combo counts for bonus points (you broke their combo by killing the next mob, duh).

The instances are also very long and hard, while the first level you can solo the next and especially the last are either too hard or too boring/long to takle solo. So the best way to do them is to go as team kill fast but not fast enough that you ruin the combo counts, not get hit etc, in other words have some real skill.

Other games have similar systems where as party with other players has great benefits. Usually potions at high levels become incredibly expensive for spamming in solo play or monsters too annoying and hard to kill, things like monsters going by in packs or having family-aggro are all too common.

You understand I hope, a game like Perfect World and others like it, where you just pick a mob and click 2 buttons or use skill X then skill Y, then go on to complete another set of quests to level, looks to me like a "multiplayer single-player game".
Old 2009-06-21, 17:20   Link #235
Xion Valkyrie

Aion is pretty anime-ish in that you can make your char look like anime characters.

Some screens from C-AION:

Spoiler:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 17:25   Link #236
krisslanza

HMmm yes I suppose AION now does qualify. It sure DOES look very graphically impressive. But that just makes me think of Lineage 2... All looks.
Old 2009-06-21, 17:30   Link #237
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
HMmm yes I suppose AION now does qualify. It sure DOES look very graphically impressive. But that just makes me think of Lineage 2... All looks.
It's actually pretty fun, the grind is nowhere near as bad. Level cap is 50 right now. 1-10 can be done in 3-4 hours. 10-20 maybe 10-15 hours, 20-30 maybe 20-30 hours, 30-40 probably around 50+ hours, and at 40, you can pretty much do most of the end game stuff, so there's a lot of variety in leveling at 40+ to get to 50.

Gear system is very similar to WoW, where you have your whites/greens/blues/golds. With greens and above being soul bound, and good gear coming from instance bosses and what not, so none of that farming 9000 rabbits to get some super rare drop nonsense.
Old 2009-06-21, 17:38   Link #238
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's actually pretty fun, the grind is nowhere near as bad. Level cap is 50 right now. 1-10 can be done in 3-4 hours. 10-20 maybe 10-15 hours, 20-30 maybe 20-30 hours, 30-40 probably around 50+ hours, and at 40, you can pretty much do most of the end game stuff, so there's a lot of variety in leveling at 40+ to get to 50.

Gear system is very similar to WoW, where you have your whites/greens/blues/golds. With greens and above being soul bound, and good gear coming from instance bosses and what not, so none of that farming 9000 rabbits to get some super rare drop nonsense.
Well grind isn't so much an issue with me... It's how it is handle. What I mean is like if it's grinding a lot but the fighting is interesting and involving, it won't matter. But now if it's like... Just repetitive. Hit the same set of buttons every single time... It gets very boring really quick.
Old 2009-06-21, 17:53   Link #239
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well grind isn't so much an issue with me... It's how it is handle. What I mean is like if it's grinding a lot but the fighting is interesting and involving, it won't matter. But now if it's like... Just repetitive. Hit the same set of buttons every single time... It gets very boring really quick.
It's pretty interesting IMO, at least for the Assassin. There's a lot of interaction, because not all of your procs will always hit, and depending on what triggers and what doesn't, you have to use different skills to maximize the damage you dish out and minimize the damage you take.

By level 30 you basically rarely use normal attacks, since almost all your skills should be cooled down after you use them. By 40, you don't use normal attacks at all, and in will always have a ton of skills ready to use (really short cooldowns) so you have a lot of choice.

Templars also have a really nice combo skill sets, where a block can lead to a variety of different combo counters and combo setups, each with different properties and followups.

Clerics are kind of boring to solo though, they have basically 2 chains and 1 DOT they use for killing mobs all the way up to 42, which basically means you just throw the 2 chains out whenever they're on cooldown and just heal yourself. I suggest grouping and doing Elites/Instances if you're playing Cleric.
Old 2009-06-21, 19:39   Link #240
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I met a girl while playing who hates the females in the game she plays a loli and a male character. shes my new friend ^^

Tags
mmorpg