AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-10, 11:15   Link #141
Xacual

I reread the series recently and I can honestly see Kusunoki in an episode and a half. Start the second season with a side chapter, maybe even the tv show report one on the capturing god which I demand to see animated, and then end first ep with Keima and Elsee seeing Kusunoki and the cat. Ep 2 could be the resolution which is pretty much just their date. Chihiro could be 2 and a half, Jun would be 3 probably, long arc. Tsukiyo is an easy 2. 2 Episodes for Hakua, doubt they'll animate the report chapter with how strapped for time the season is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-12-10, 11:27   Link #142
Seihai
スマイリウム

I just noticed but there'll be 2 more episodes after Shiori, right? Wonder what they'll do with them. I originally had in mind they'd finish Shiori next episode and then finish the season with God mode, but we actually have 2 episodes left by that time. Hmm, I personally wouldn't want to see 2 'fillers'.

@HitoriTomoyo
I like that way of thinking. I guess as long as the next 4 (or 5) girls fit in the second season, it'll be somehow okay.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:48   Link #143
tsunade666

is their really no chance for the second season to be 24 episode? because with the current speculation. It's like the 2nd season would be only 12 episode again. I like it when they do 3 episode or maybe at least 2 episode for each girls.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:08   Link #144
Seihai
スマイリウム

I was wondering that, too. Something like what Darker Than Black did (yeah I know the cours weren't really linked time-wise), just reversed in amount of episodes.
Old 2010-12-10, 23:05   Link #145
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I reread the series recently and I can honestly see Kusunoki in an episode and a half. Start the second season with a side chapter, maybe even the tv show report one on the capturing god which I demand to see animated, and then end first ep with Keima and Elsee seeing Kusunoki and the cat. Ep 2 could be the resolution which is pretty much just their date. Chihiro could be 2 and a half, Jun would be 3 probably, long arc. Tsukiyo is an easy 2. 2 Episodes for Hakua, doubt they'll animate the report chapter with how strapped for time the season is.
Four chapters for Shiori, four chapters for Kusunoki. Three episodes for Shiori, but only 1.5 for Kusunoki? If they did that, they might as well not even animate the rest of the season, for all I care. It's bad enough that they padded out the arcs of two characters, but to strip time from another for what? Time constraints? She's not as popular a character? Kusunoki is certainly more important to the storyline than Shiori, and even more important than Kanon so far in the manga. The only way they can salvage this is to give ~24 eps to S2 and draw the remaining five arcs (Kusunoki, Hakua, Chihiro, Jun, and Tsukiyo) out as interminably as Kanon's and Shiori's have been, and use whatever "filler" chapters they can squeeze in to make up the difference. It's bad enough they fucked over Ayumi and Mio by pacing their arcs somewhat honestly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I just noticed but there'll be 2 more episodes after Shiori, right? Wonder what they'll do with them. I originally had in mind they'd finish Shiori next episode and then finish the season with God mode, but we actually have 2 episodes left by that time. Hmm, I personally wouldn't want to see 2 'fillers'.

@HitoriTomoyo
I like that way of thinking. I guess as long as the next 4 (or 5) girls fit in the second season, it'll be somehow okay.
Pretty sure that, despite what cal.syoboi.jp states, 12 is the last ep of this season. Being the episode that it is, it makes sense for it to be the last.

At least they better be only doing 12 episodes... The only reason I can see for futzing up the pace like they did is that they didn't have enough space in 12 episodes to fit Hakua, so they stretched things out to fit to the end of an arc/end of an arc + one "filler".
Old 2010-12-12, 03:01   Link #146
Westlo
Lets be reality

If the sales of this is as bad as the preorders and tv ratings indicate just count ourselves lucky its not doing a Mitsudomoe, which sold so bad they reduced the second season to 8 episodes to cut their losses.
Old 2010-12-12, 03:49   Link #147
Jimmy C

Don't think it's safe to relax just yet. There's still plenty of time for them to reduce the second season's episode count if they desire.
Old 2010-12-12, 20:01   Link #148
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The key is Haqua and Tenri.

They need to get those arcs in so that this more than just moe girls.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-12-13, 01:54   Link #149
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
The key is Haqua and Tenri.

They need to get those arcs in so that this more than just moe girls.
Thank Kami that someone else gets it. As much as they've been trying to push Kanon and Shiori, and as ready-made as they are for popular consumption, the most popular character in the series outside of Keima and Elsie is nowhere near so stereotypical, and anything but "just a moe girl".

If only the powers that be at Manglobe had realized that by a little addition (one more episode) a little more subtraction (one episode each from Shiori and Kanon), and a bit of arc order shuffling, they could have ended the season having finished everyone's favorite devil "capture" arc while sticking close to the two-chapter an episode pace that was working so well at the beginning, and with a little more aggressive marketing, would be riding the Hakua train all the way to the bank. Anime hasn't seen so marketable a lead heroine since Bakemonogatari, and Hakua's not really even a lead...

Instead, they're going to end up with a lot of unsold Kanon CDs and no third season (and thus no Tenri)...
Old 2010-12-13, 07:41   Link #150
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If the sales of this is as bad as the preorders and tv ratings indicate just count ourselves lucky its not doing a Mitsudomoe, which sold so bad they reduced the second season to 8 episodes to cut their losses.
It's not just 'bad'. It's horrible, I doubt it will even sell 2000, even 1000. I somehow managed (...) to organise every single pre-order rankings in my blog,

http://animapple.blogspot.com/2010/1...-preorder.html

Pre-order ranking for DVD is pretty much dead. It is ranked about 500 currently. Just before few days, it almost went down to 2000...

and, Kanon CD will sell, imo. Kanon concert was very successful regardless of what anime did. (power of original manga, imo.)

I had high expectation for this anime, but I'm now really disappointed. It's shame that I finally realised that Manglobe never does things right. I really wanted this to succeed since Wakaki (Original author of KamiNomi), since he had really sad struggling period before this getting serialised. Sadly, it won't happen.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:28   Link #151
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
I really wanted this to succeed since Wakaki (Original author of KamiNomi), since he had really sad struggling period before this getting serialised.
Really? I'm very sorry for him. ;_____;
Old 2010-12-13, 17:47   Link #152
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ If you read the manga, knowing how much knowledge he has on galge and various cliche types straight from the book, you just know who he was already without any research. He was really hardcore NEET otaku. Wakaki described himself from that period as; 'I was a piece of trash'.

Again, 0.1 TV rating... that disastrous pre-order ranking breaks my heart.... ;_;
Old 2010-12-13, 18:16   Link #153
Ryuutai

Quote:
^ If you read the manga, knowing how much knowledge he has on galge and various cliche types straight from the book, you just know who he was already without any research. He was really hardcore NEET otaku. Wakaki described himself from that period as; 'I was a piece of trash'.

Again, 0.1 TV rating... that disastrous pre-order ranking breaks my heart.... ;_;
Well, reading the manga, I noticed that Keima's alienation is described perfectly...I mean, I can understand someway his wish to be alone, in his own world, because I'm like him...an asocial and proud introvert. This is the main reason why I like Keima so much. Now I understand because Wakaki can express that kind of feeling so well.
Old 2010-12-14, 08:13   Link #154
tsunade666

Quote:

I totally agree. I never seen such ratings for a fall season. Even though I've been waiting for so long on kaminomi anime but it turn into this.......... I hope haqua would save kaminomi this spring and still hoping to see tenri.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:51   Link #155
Seihai
スマイリウム

For those who think the pacing is crappy: how could they have done it differently? Going from the preview it was either 4/5 girls or 9 girls in one season. See speculations at the start of the anime. But now it's actually to wonder how the hell they are even supposed to fit the latter 5 girls within one season. If that's already difficuilt, how are you going to put 9 girls in one season, as in, change the pacing and add the "villain of the week"-effect? What about animation-wise? Could they have even fit all 9 girls (plus or minus 'fillers'?) within 12 episodes?
And didn't some of those people who feel things are dragged actually think Ayumi and Mio got shafted?
The 'only' thing that people aren't satisfied with is the pacing, and I'd like to understand their perspective more because I'm personally fine with it.
Old 2010-12-15, 22:38   Link #156
gonzo562

arent they following the manga pretty closely

so the anime pretty slow paced because of that
Old 2010-12-16, 00:52   Link #157
Scy

How popular is the manga in Japan anyway?
Old 2010-12-16, 02:44   Link #158
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
The 'only' thing that people aren't satisfied with is the pacing, and I'd like to understand their perspective more because I'm personally fine with it.
No. That's not the reason why a lot of people aren't satisfied.

First thing is direction, probably the biggest reason. For instance, in the comedic part, it really needs the right pacing and right moment. In manga, the swift between chibi to various parodies were really fast paced, panel to panel. However, they are really dragging the comedic scenes with award sense, which makes it boring and less effective. Not just that, the overall direction of the series is kinda really off.

Also, seiyuu mis-castings. I first thought Shimono Hiro's doing half-decent job. But now, I don't think so. Keima's character is just, not that Keima we knew anymore. Another miscasting was mio's voice, which is just my personal opinion. Music and character design, too. Character design sometimes gets really off, and music is very unfitting, as I expected more light hearted ones.

I don't know. I heard so many people around me who says this adaptation failure. Well, I got really bored through the Kanon's arc, honestly. The same thing happened with Shiori arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
How popular is the manga in Japan anyway?
Very. Sales of 60000 to 80000 per volume says it.
Old 2010-12-16, 05:28   Link #159
Scy

Not getting Jun Fukuyama to be Keima was the biggest mistake they have made, and possibly what that sank the whole anime. I just couldn't imagine anyone else as Keima; and even if they couldn't get Jun Fukuyama they should have at least found someone with a much more confident and charismatic voice. The anime Keima in many ways come off as being a wimp compared to the manga Keima.
Old 2010-12-16, 06:01   Link #160
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
Not getting Jun Fukuyama to be Keima was the biggest mistake they have made, and possibly what that sank the whole anime. I just couldn't imagine anyone else as Keima; and even if they couldn't get Jun Fukuyama they should have at least found someone with a much more confident and charismatic voice. The anime Keima in many ways come off as being a wimp compared to the manga Keima.
The idea that the anime failed becoz Jun Fukuyama wasn't cast as Keima is just Insane Troll Logic. There are fans who like Hiro Shimono as Keima and some of those fans were also people who wanted Jun at first.