AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-20, 08:44   Link #1121
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
LIES. Nothing that long can be prologue! Lies! I deny its existence, like I deny all dubs!

Sweet. If the prologue was this long. It means the climax will be twice as long. And the ending will be even longer. And sunrise will be animating Horizon for the next ten years. HURRAY!!!!!!

But seriously... calling it a prologue is a stretch. Seriously. WHAT IS THIS MAN SMOKING?! I WANT SOME.
Why not? It sets the stage for further events, the alliances and factions forming. Currently you have the real plot over Nobunaga's asassination which can be said to be the start of actual things

Also you need to realize that Kawakami's writing style means he throws in craploads of redundant scenes too. It's also like this for OnC but to lesser extent
Old 2013-02-20, 12:42   Link #1122
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why not? It sets the stage for further events, the alliances and factions forming. Currently you have the real plot over Nobunaga's asassination which can be said to be the start of actual things

Also you need to realize that Kawakami's writing style means he throws in craploads of redundant scenes too. It's also like this for OnC but to lesser extent
I'd call it the start of the first climax instead... sounds waay better. And I was being facetious.

THE LEGENDARY COSMIC EAGLE MAKES HIS APPEARANCE!!!

Oh right is it true the first novel got a reworking?
Old 2013-02-21, 08:57   Link #1123
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'd call it the start of the first climax instead... sounds waay better. And I was being facetious.

Oh right is it true the first novel got a reworking?
Yeah...should be out soon if not already.

Quote:
THE LEGENDARY COSMIC EAGLE MAKES HIS APPEARANCE!!!
.............eh?
Old 2013-02-21, 10:22   Link #1124
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

So...Unicorns. Cosmic do you know anything more about them besides whats in that wiki article? I'm curious to what else Kawakami may have done with them (along with any other mythical creatures...)

While this is amusing
Quote:
They only permit girls to mount on them, and more specifically nothing but virgins. In fact, Unicorns really like women and are very frank about it.
I'm more interested in..
Quote:
Unicorns adapted their bodies by reducing the amount of information on them and acquiring a new smaller form.
Interesting really, though why would they need to do that?
Old 2013-02-21, 18:39   Link #1125
Drkz

Quote:
Yeah...should be out soon if not already.

.............eh?
Do you know was changed in the new edition? It'd seem like a pain to re-read the whole thing all over again
Old 2013-02-22, 12:46   Link #1126
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Do you know was changed in the new edition? It'd seem like a pain to re-read the whole thing all over again
I don't own it nor do I possess it, as for unicorns, I don't own vol 3 actually (or vol 2)sorry....I only have OnC and vol 4-5 of Horizon
Old 2013-02-22, 18:06   Link #1127
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
as for unicorns, I don't own vol 3 actually (or vol 2)sorry....I only have OnC and vol 4-5 of Horizon
Oh okay. I've only heard of a couple of things for vol. 4 but otherwise I don't really know that much. And nothing about vol 5.

I guess the only thing I'm curious most curious about at this point is Katsuie Shibata, I hear he fights quite a bit of people in Vol. 4. Now he's pretty damn impressive from what he's done in Vol. 3 since he fought Futayo, Muneshige, and Gin plus someone else all at once, and pretty much steamrolled them apparently and destroyed Tonbonkiri too. I heard he had a weapon that was similar to Tonbonkiri too? Somewhat related, different function than cutting...

But in Vol. 4 he apparently fights people from Musashi/England/Sviet Russia/etc. ? If it's not too much of a bother who exactly had fought him and/or how did they drive him off??
Old 2013-02-23, 07:25   Link #1128
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ He did not destroy the Tonbokiri. He just heavily damaged it. It only took a direct hit from Matias' Mortal Sin Armament [Pheugos Gastrimargia] to destroy the Tonbokiri.

The [Pheugos Gastrimargia] causes a weapon hit by this Mortal Sin Armament to "overload". There's currently no exact explanation as to how the "overloading" happens, but I guess that it's more like how Malga caused Francis Drake's blood vessels to burst — it feeds absurd amounts of ether to the target beyond the limit that a weapon can endure, causing it to explode like a glutton feeding itself to death.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 14:16   Link #1129
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Oh okay then, thanks for the clarification on that.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:51   Link #1130
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
But in Vol. 4 he apparently fights people from Musashi/England/Sviet Russia/etc. ? If it's not too much of a bother who exactly had fought him and/or how did they drive him off??
Yes, he fights against a lot of people at the same time in v4. During the Battle of Nanaojou he fights against Musashi to avoid them to know some compromising stuff about the Apocalypse from Oranje, Chancellor of the Independent Academy of Holland. Musashi was being helped by England and Sviet Russia, so they had enough fighters to gang up on Katsuie, and at the end Nate, Tenzou and Walter Raleigh are able to chop Katsuie's right arm off and force him to retreat.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:06   Link #1131
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
Yes, he fights against a lot of people at the same time in v4. During the Battle of Nanaojou he fights against Musashi to avoid them to know some compromising stuff about the Apocalypse from Oranje, Chancellor of the Independent Academy of Holland. Musashi was being helped by England and Sviet Russia, so they had enough fighters to gang up on Katsuie, and at the end Nate, Tenzou and Walter Raleigh are able to chop Katsuie's right arm off and force him to retreat.
Well that's quite an interesting situation.
Hmm comprising info about the apocalypse... that's definitely something you'd want to prevent anyone getting their hands on at all costs at least in regards to PA ODA and whatever their plans are.
Old 2013-02-24, 14:21   Link #1132
sento

Quote:
Well that's quite an interesting situation.
Hmm comprising info about the apocalypse... that's definitely something you'd want to prevent anyone getting their hands on at all costs at least in regards to PA ODA and whatever their plans are.
As far we know, in P.A. Oda they have their own Genesis Plan. They also want to avoid Nobunaga assassination and conquer the world.
Old 2013-02-27, 15:54   Link #1133
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Figured they'd have their own version seeing as how Mikawa was allied with PA ODA for some time. Speaking of the Genesis Plan, has Sakai talked to anyone about his copy that he obtained back in Mikawa at all? If he hasn't then I'm assuming the contents of it could potentially bring more harm than good for Musashi in their quest to recover all the DSA + becoming a country treated more equal in the eyes of the world.

Then again I don't know too much about Sakai aside from whats been in the anime and him giving Muneshige a new weapon later. So I have no idea on any other reasons he'd have for not telling them about the Genesis plan.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:01   Link #1134
Drkz

Quote:
Figured they'd have their own version seeing as how Mikawa was allied with PA ODA for some time. Speaking of the Genesis Plan, has Sakai talked to anyone about his copy that he obtained back in Mikawa at all? If he hasn't then I'm assuming the contents of it could potentially bring more harm than good for Musashi in their quest to recover all the DSA + becoming a country treated more equal in the eyes of the world.

Then again I don't know too much about Sakai aside from whats been in the anime and him giving Muneshige a new weapon later. So I have no idea on any other reasons he'd have for not telling them about the Genesis plan.
Probably because the genesis plan is a secret. Either he doesn't know too much about it or he doesn't think its important enough to tell them or its not the correct time.

What i'm more interested is this.

Spoiler for Cause there is no theory tag.:

Minus the fact about the fountain of youth. Usually if a character looks similar. The name can be spelled backwards. Its usually them. At least from what I can tell their related. Anyone have any ideas? These are probably one of the questions that won't get answered until the end.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:36   Link #1135
sento

Quote:
Probably because the genesis plan is a secret. Either he doesn't know too much about it or he doesn't think its important enough to tell them or its not the correct time.

What i'm more interested is this.

Spoiler for Cause there is no theory tag.:

Minus the fact about the fountain of youth. Usually if a character looks similar. The name can be spelled backwards. Its usually them. At least from what I can tell their related. Anyone have any ideas? These are probably one of the questions that won't get answered until the end.
In v3 is implied that when sensei was talking about an old lady that combed her hair like Kimi it was about Kimi's grandma, so that theory is kinda out of place right now today. She probably is someone related to the Aoi family.
Old 2013-02-28, 01:52   Link #1136
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's plausible, especially since most feudal families have relatives that serve as retainers and guards.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:05   Link #1137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 05:07   Link #1138
sky black swordman

^That's one enticing cover.

Add Futayo and Horizon, as well as a few other choice girls and one amazing harem.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-02 at 06:02.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 11:37   Link #1139
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Too good to be true
Old 2013-03-02, 11:40   Link #1140
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post