AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 18:24   Link #441
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Supermac's > everything else.

The sheer size of the infinity means its entirely possible it possesses mac cannons on par with the ODP supermac's aka "big sticks" and the fact it is armed with 4 which means its adequately well defended.

Quote:
No known ship, UNSC or Covenant, has been shown to survive the impact of one of these rounds. Against Covenant shield technology, the rounds possess enough kinetic energy to punch through shields, cut through the ship, and, upon exit, still retain enough energy to destroy a second ship, and cripple a third ship.

It is theorized that if a ship's armor or shields were to absorb all the kinetic energy of a super MAC round, the release of thermodynamic energy would still vaporize the ship. By receiving power from ground-based power plants, orbital platforms could achieve recharge and reload times as short as five seconds.
That said who knows what will happen within the confines of the story.

Edit: that reminds me I have to pick up grasslands as I didnt even know they had continued that story !! =D

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:29   Link #442
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We should keep in mind that MACs, like all railguns, are more powerful the longer their barrel is. And generally speaking the UNSC liked to make their ship-mounted MAC the full length of the ship its mounted on.

Now consider how much force just one MAC will have with the length of the Infinity. I imagine a single Covenant ship wouldn't stand a chance against that kind of firepower. Never mind four.

And if the cannons are revamped like the Pillar of Autumn's, which was tuned so it could fire three shots in succession instead of one... two for the shields, one for the ship... yeah most Covenant ships it goes up against are straight up fucked.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:19   Link #443
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

By the way guys, that Real Life episode shorts are out, episode one atleast.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:48   Link #444
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Forward unto dawn episode 2 is already out.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 16:38   Link #445
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 12:07   Link #446
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
If you wanted to show the prologue, srry its a leak.

BTW they leaked
Spoiler for The:
Old 2012-10-15, 14:39   Link #447
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Seriously?

After all the crap they went through and procured so much new tech that they still resort to primitive weapons?

That ship wouldn't last long against covenant battleships.
Hey the way I look at it, if the UNSC was able to keep fighting the Covenant for 20+ years, our "primitiave" weaponry can still get the job done.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:06   Link #448
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Hey the way I look at it, if the UNSC was able to keep fighting the Covenant for 20+ years, our "primitiave" weaponry can still get the job done.
Only at a huge cost and losing so many colonies.

When it takes an entire fleet to destroy one covenant warship at the cost of 2/3 then your clearly outgunned and outmatched.

If they've improved the firing rate of the MAC guns and shielding systems then sure.

Otherwise the Infinity is just a big target asking to get sliced and diced by covenant warships.

Even at REACH they had to sacrifice ships in order to protect the MAC guns and those had a pretty fast fire rate to begin with. The Covenant simply adapted by slipspacing right above it and blowing it to pieces. Even if they didn't make a ground assault they would've eventually broke through the guns.

All I'm saying is the UNSC ships by this point should at least have some shielding systems.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 16:11   Link #449
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
All I'm saying is the UNSC ships by this point should at least have some shielding systems.
Well they probably working on it. Perhaps the Infinity have the shield function. They have the Hurragok (engineers) that builds those stuff.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:17   Link #450
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
If you wanted to show the prologue, srry its a leak.

BTW they leaked
Spoiler for The:
SHIT WHY DID I QUOTE YOU LOLLL

I wanted to show the new Halo 4 trailer, but it was taken off by MS. It was from Halo Waypoint's channel too, which makes no sense lol.

here it is:

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-10-15 at 18:44.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 04:05   Link #451
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
SHIT WHY DID I QUOTE YOU LOLLL
And guess what.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:13   Link #452
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Those that were playing Halo 4 before release date got the banhammer for XBL. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 04:44   Link #453
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Old 2012-10-19, 05:45   Link #454
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Oh we are going DEEP INTO THE PAST THERE.

Dayum.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 06:08   Link #455
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

That was a pretty damn awesome trailer! I just love when-ether Halo media references the first half of Fall of Reach...and I think that was the most effective example of it I've seen yet. Especially with the augmentation surgery. It's rather obvious they were very inspired by this one artwork piece for that scene where Master Chief is getting suited up.

It's the image of this towering, brutish figure being encased in armor by these sterilized scientists.

then of course you had that gameplay of Chief whooping ass. Loved it!

also, new Forward Unto Dawn.
YouTube

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-10-19 at 06:26.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:03   Link #456
Helius

One thing that bugs me about what they've shown is the aftermath of the augmentation process. I know they wanted to depict the gruesome nature of what makes a Spartan, but you'd think that 500 years into the future they'd have better scar-healing techniques than that. Y'know, subtle lines and indentations like the augmented Adam in Deus Ex 3 rather than something that's so in-your-face.

Also, while on the gritty side of things, they should've gone for the suiting up as illustrated in the artwork rather than the Iron Man-esque robot arms busying about putting on pieces by pieces approach. Not a very good use of space and resources and overdone to death tbh.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:15   Link #457
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I don't really think making the scar not noticeable was high on the "super soldier creation" to do list.

I'm sure humanity probably has the tech to do it but I dont think the military or a conditioned super soldier is going to care much about scars besides they always look worse when they are fresh. Also the guided robotic arms make sense in the suit up scene as the larger sections of armour probably weighs a lot.

Anyway episode 3 of Forward onto dawn was pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing the chef kick some covy ass though its a shame it isn't Steve Downes doing the voice over.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 12:07   Link #458
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Speaking of how the suits, wadda ya think about the new enemy?
Old 2012-10-19, 12:11   Link #459
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I don't really think making the scar not noticeable was high on the "super soldier creation" to do list.

I'm sure humanity probably has the tech to do it but I dont think the military or a conditioned super soldier is going to care much about scars besides they always look worse when they are fresh. Also the guided robotic arms make sense in the suit up scene as the larger sections of armour probably weighs a lot.
True what you say, but my point is not about how the scars look so much as the practicality thereof. With scars like that they'd be more prone to re-opening and infections, not exactly a good combination for a soldier (super or no) to work with. An "instant heal" procedure ought to be at the top of their to-do list, I reckon.

As for the suiting up, I have no problem with robotic arms as such, but all that in a big empty shiny room dedicated for a Spartan for just that?! This sort of larger than life cool factor diminishes with every copy-and-paste and ceases to be interesting imo. I feel that it could've been much better executed in a more confined, initimate setting to show the solidarity and the unceremonious nature of the real Spartans, which contrasts with their legend and heroism.

...it's probably too deep for a video game trailer...oh well.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 13:34   Link #460
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That was a pretty damn awesome trailer! I just love when-ether Halo media references the first half of Fall of Reach...and I think that was the most effective example of it I've seen yet. Especially with the augmentation surgery. It's rather obvious they were very inspired by this one artwork piece for that scene where Master Chief is getting suited up.

It's the image of this towering, brutish figure being encased in armor by these sterilized scientists.

then of course you had that gameplay of Chief whooping ass. Loved it!

also, new Forward Unto Dawn.
YouTube
Amazing episode, the show take place 2 years after the fall of the colonies. Spartan 104, Fredrick was in the video and a confrontation of the Covenant is starting to come up all the way.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117