AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 01:56   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Character Discussion - Araragi Karen

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Karen Araragi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Monogatari Series fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:30   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

For the first discussion regarding Karen I want to raise the topic of the relationship between her and Koyomi.

Is it going to go anywhere?

Koyomi DEFINITELY sees her in a sexual way. I'm not fooling here, he makes it VERY clear.

Karen seems to be noticing his advances as well and goes along with him but confused at the same time.

These two perverts are definitely siblings.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 07:42   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
At first, I thought Karen Chan is just a tomboyish, tsundere (?) little sister.... but right after "that episode".... She's but a desperate little )perverted) sister... and I love her now...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 07:54   Link #4
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
At first, I thought Karen Chan is just a tomboyish, tsundere (?) little sister.... but right after "that episode".... She's but a desperate little )perverted) sister... and I love her now...
Join the party!!
Old 2012-02-28, 08:00   Link #5
NoemiChan
Banned

The tight hug, the leg lock, the toothbrush (huh?)..and the tango...

I smell doujinshis being made already...
Old 2012-02-28, 08:14   Link #6
Clarste
Human

Karen's the female version of Koyomi. Heroic, self-sacrificing, and perverted. No surprises there.

I think it's vaguely interesting that we see them become sexually attracted to each other though, sort of by accident. They clearly weren't before the toothbrush incident.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:29   Link #7
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Karen's the female version of Koyomi. Heroic, self-sacrificing, and perverted. No surprises there.

I think it's vaguely interesting that we see them become sexually attracted to each other though, sort of by accident. They clearly weren't before the toothbrush incident.
He wasn't for her but she was sorta for him.
Spoiler for things not yet shown in the anime:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-28 at 14:43. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 2012-02-28, 13:50   Link #8
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The voice acting fron Eri Kitamura for her is glorious. Her personality makes her much more notable than her sister, though is this why she gets the bulk of this season? We shall see...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 14:38   Link #9
Richocet
Lover of Purity

After watching "that" episode I really am questioning the universe. All it took was a toothbrush to set them free unto the uncharted and forbidden lands??
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:33   Link #10
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's that Oral-B magic...

And wasn't it stated earlier that both sisters got bfs that were similar to Koyomi in order to get him jealous...? Dunno if that happened before or after this since I haven't followed the novel trans.

So Karen falling for her big brother has been pretty gradual if the time factor means anything - it all just came to a head now and only now is Koyomi regarding Karen as being a young woman.

Still, that has to suck as far as Nadeko is concerned... This would be a gamebreaker blow to her self-esstem if she knew that Koyomi's own blood sister has a better chance of landing him than she does...
Old 2012-02-28, 16:36   Link #11
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gawd, she's so adorable. I can't believe how tall she is; she almost towers Araragi.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:54   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Alter the height for one moment? Naw, that would be really dumb. Throughout Nise, every time Karen and Araragi would be in the same scene, their heights were always either the same or Karen would be slightly taller.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 19:13   Link #13
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Karen's height in Nise 01.
Spoiler for Height difference:

Koyomi is one small pervert. I can already imagine the S/M relationship the two would have if Koyomi didn't have his vampire powers.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-02-28 at 19:52.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:48   Link #14
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Ep8 is like heaven for Karen's fans. I means the toothbrush screen got everyone attention. But then we also have:
  • embarrassed Karen when she showed off in skirt the first time
  • the screen when she said her onii-chan is hotter than fire and she's in love
  • the way when she jump in and squeeze her body against Koyomi with such joyful outburst
  • she bite her tongue when 1st requested to be introduced to Kanbaru
  • her cheerful smile when was stepped on and wish to lick her brother's toes
  • her aerobic landing and that proud face
  • doing a hand-stand, and try to keep her skirt up to cover her panties
  • keep divert her eyes away when she thought Koyomi is looking at her

Too many good screens which was overshadowed by toothbrush...

Somehow it seems she loved him all along, but with mixing emotions as the siblings are fairly close even without romantic feelings. The kiss in her arc somehow ignited it up, and maybe she just want more of Koyomi's affection...
Old 2012-02-28, 22:24   Link #15
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

As fun/awesome it would be to see Karen and Kanbaru gangbanging up on Koyomi, I don't think we all are ready for that awesomeness yet... Karen already acts like a mini-Kanbaru...she doesn't need to learn more pervertedness.
Old 2012-02-28, 22:29   Link #16
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
As fun/awesome it would be to see Karen and Kanbaru gangbanging up on Koyomi, I don't think we all are ready for that awesomeness yet... Karen already acts like a mini-Kanbaru...she doesn't need to learn more pervertedness.
No need for her learn since Koyomi is the one who's taking the initiative. It's actually quite funny since everyone in the series knows that the Araragi children are all sis/brocons. I wonder if their parents know.....
Old 2012-02-28, 22:32   Link #17
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just like Hitagi x Hanakawa, i don't think we are ready for Kanbaru x Karen yet

Joking aside, i actually think Kanbaru wouldact much more mature in the face of an younger admirer. I means she went wild a bit over Araragi to purposely show her perverseness. But she has a whole fanclub after her, so i guess she behave quite well in the face of public... And she's acting quite innocent and cool when comes contact to cute girl ( Shinobu, Sengoku...).
Old 2012-02-29, 15:01   Link #18
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Mini-Kanbaru?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No need for her learn since Koyomi is the one who's taking the initiative. It's actually quite funny since everyone in the series knows that the Araragi children are all sis/brocons. I wonder if their parents know.....
Would it be nicer if their parents are secretly shipping their own children?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:04   Link #19
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Karen already acts like a mini-Kanbaru...she doesn't need to learn more pervertedness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Mini-Kanbaru?
Isn't Karen taller than Kanbaru, though? Since I remember her being slightly shorter than Araragi or I am mistaken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I am sure I could handle it just make it happen! *faints thinking about it*
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:11   Link #20
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Nooooo!!!!!! That would break the Koyomi Harem....huhuhu..

Just leave it to the fan creators....

Tags
characters