AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-24, 04:15   Link #641
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Would you perhaps have a download for a transcribed version in plain or formatted text? I would very much like a searchable copy, but I've only been able to find one for the first chapter. I have all 8 chapters of the Chinese translated version in txt, but having the original is always useful.
I think I might be able to find something like that for you. I'll PM you if I do.
Old 2010-01-24, 07:43   Link #642
tsunade666

who is Xochitl? and why does he/she meet saten? and an intersection of science and magic? what is he/she magician?
Old 2010-01-24, 07:58   Link #643
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
So, is this going to be the Railgun novel discussion thread as well as the manga discussion or should we make a new thread?

Either way, the part about Xochitl meeting Saten is interesting. Another intersection of Science/Magic besides Touma?
o_O I think that's best moved in the General discussion thread for Railgun, idk.

Since there's only one light novel for Railgun as of now, and not many people are familiar with it.

At least now it's not only Touma who crosses the boundaries of science and magic... we have Saten too... (makes me wonder if Saten could use magic but she's considered an esper now even at Level 0 and all students of Academy City can't use magic, right?)
Old 2010-01-24, 08:12   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
At least now it's not only Touma who crosses the boundaries of science and magic... we have Saten too... (makes me wonder if Saten could use magic but she's considered an esper now even at Level 0 and all students of Academy City can't use magic, right?)
As long as they have gone through the program, there is a chance that they're producing weak AIM fields. If so, it'll be dangerous for her to try magic.
Old 2010-01-24, 08:55   Link #645
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
o_O I think that's best moved in the General discussion thread for Railgun, idk.

Since there's only one light novel for Railgun as of now, and not many people are familiar with it.

I think the discussion about this mini-novel can be left here. It fits better in manga discussion than in general discussion thread, since this novel is going along with manga, because it takes place in the manga uncovered time period.

And about if a level 0 can use magic. I think normally its impossible. As was discussed in other places, when a esper uses magic, his AIM goes berserk and causes (probably deadly) injuries the user body. Normals dont produce AIM field, but after entering curriculum, from a certain point (details are unknown) they start to produce AIM field, even level 0 do so. Though a level 0 AIM field is probably extremly weak, so its supposable that using magic will cause only minor injuries.

But when i was thinking about this more and more i found a way. AIM as name says is "an involuntary movement", its a side effect of the "developed" brain from curriculum. The two last episodes from anime was about capacity down system, that temporaly affects their brain calculating abilities. It was mentioned that they cant use their powers propertly while listening to the "song. But also Misaka mentioned later, after the sound was stopped, that she still cant use her full power, theoretically meaning that her AIM was also lowered temporarily. Using capacity down on a level 0 can probably negate their weak AIM completly, allowing them use magic, as long as the song plays. If this will work, we can see Saten with her "deadly music player" using magic.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:51.
Old 2010-01-24, 10:49   Link #646
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
I think I might be able to find something like that for you. I'll PM you if I do.
Thanks. I actually have ch. 1-4 in .txt right now. I can also find 5, but it's hosted on this crappy Chinese file hosting site, and I can't download it without installing their download manager or Firefox extension, so I just gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who is Xochitl? and why does he/she meet saten? and an intersection of science and magic? what is he/she magician?
Spoiler for railgun mini novel series:
Old 2010-01-24, 11:29   Link #647
Miraluka
Banned

The Capacity Down system doesn't weak the powers, it just difficults the control over them.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:03   Link #648
babohtea

Wait. So does Saten actually do anything? Or does she just run around and give speeches? I don't see how Saten could survive against a magician.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:35   Link #649
Miraluka
Banned

No, those are just speculations.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:51   Link #650
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Wait. So does Saten actually do anything? Or does she just run around and give speeches? I don't see how Saten could survive against a magician.
Saten didn't fight. She was mostly just running around and giving speeches. She helped Xochitl in the beginning without much resistance, and even played a small prank on her. She (along with Uiharu) also helped release the people held captive by the US side.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:06   Link #651
babohtea

Quote:
Saten didn't fight. She was mostly just running around and giving speeches. She helped Xochitl in the beginning without much resistance, and even played a small prank on her. She (along with Uiharu) also helped release the people held captive by the US side.
Aww man. They promised to have Saten show abilities in the anime sometime...
I guess they let it slip? Or maybe season 2... ><?
Old 2010-01-24, 19:06   Link #652
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Aww man. They promised to have Saten show abilities in the anime sometime...
I guess they let it slip? Or maybe season 2... ><?
I can't remember very well, but in the Index timeline their trip is after Sherry attacked A.C.
Old 2010-01-24, 19:45   Link #653
babohtea

So this means that if Saten's going to have her powers revealed, it would be after Sherry and after the trip as well?
Old 2010-01-24, 19:57   Link #654
Miraluka
Banned

There is still some chances.
Old 2010-01-25, 11:01   Link #655
dancer1

this month:

Spoiler for some pics of ch.28:

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-01-25 at 15:32. Reason: Please use thumbnails
Old 2010-01-25, 16:38   Link #656
ykf566

She's wearing shorts underneath .
Old 2010-01-25, 17:19   Link #657
Miraluka
Banned

I know who is the guy behind Rikkou .
Spoiler for About chap.28:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Tsunade666 is going to cry .
Old 2010-01-25, 17:37   Link #658
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
I don't like Mugino, but seriously, another one with shorts underneath? WTF are they thinking?
Old 2010-01-25, 18:30   Link #659
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
I don't like Mugino, but seriously, another one with shorts underneath? WTF are they thinking?
That it minimises the possibility of pantsu.

They are teenage girls. It makes sense they worry about their underwear not being seen.
Old 2010-01-25, 19:30   Link #660
stillmissing

I haven't seen the chapter yet, but I have to admit, I honestly laughed when I saw Mugino's shorts.

Still, it's just common sense.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen