AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 17:48   Link #921
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
He’s not really anti-social. For some people that kind of attitude is the norm (ie. you speak your mind if you thing shit is fucked up). Depends from what social circles you come from, or frequent. Note, he’s not pushing people away, just being a hardass (ie. “do what it takes”). Anyway, all I hope for is that he better not have some dere side, or get some personality change.
Heck, in most social circles I've navigated, it's normal to say the meanest thing you can think of. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I don't think he's that bad, but I'm not enamored with him either. His arrogance bothers me more than his sharp tongue per se.

By the way, how old is he, to go out with a middle school girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Wow! This episode was amazing! I loved every minute of it.

Spoiler:
Agreed. Minko really needs to get over herself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:13   Link #922
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I don't think I'll ever really like Minko with the way she's acting...she's kind of a jerk.
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:59   Link #923
doomknight

Nice episode with the introduction of Yuina, i thought that she would be the "rich" girl or something like that who hates "commoners", yet she was a really very nice girl helping Ohana and also got the easy going personality and adding she is cute, Minko likes Tohru.. and saw Yuina go with him somewhere hope they just friends or relatives not for Minko's sake but because he looks like 20+.. i mean kind of old.
Old 2011-04-24, 19:04   Link #924
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
By the way, how old is he, to go out with a middle school girl?
If wikipedia is accurate, Tohru is 23 and Minko is 17.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 19:07   Link #925
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Ep 4 was definitely better than the last one in terms of pacing and story.
A couple things I hope by the end of the series...
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 19:08   Link #926
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Minko's a middle school student. She's 14 or so.
Old 2011-04-24, 19:10   Link #927
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Minko's a middle school student. She's 14 or so.
Yeah, she and Ohana are classmates, so they're roughly the same age, especially Yuina. For sure, Nako is in a higher grade.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 19:22   Link #928
msg

No..look at their official website.What outfoxzero said is true..Ohana is 16 and minko is 17
Old 2011-04-24, 19:29   Link #929
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Really?

Ok, then. Less creepy. (Though Ohana really doesn't look the part.)
Old 2011-04-24, 19:35   Link #930
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 19:38   Link #931
karuroso

I know that there still twenty eps left but it feels like will be necessary a lot of work to make me like Minchi by the end, i mean so far she is the most unlikeable girl( the manager is in another level =X),she looks horrible with that hat( even though i like her ponytail), she likes the most unlikeable guy so far and to make things worse she's voiced by the only VA that still amazes me get some roles
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:33   Link #932
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not exactly Tooru* and Kou/Kō are 1-1, while Tohru/Koh and Toru/Ko are attempts at phonetic equivalents, ignoring the whole incontestably problem. Also being native a language that is butchered in transliteration, I am somewhat sensitive with this subject.

* I think I did explain some pages back that Touru/Tōru is different from Tooru
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romaniz...se#Long_vowels

Toh/Koh are non standard accepted romanizations. Not my favorite though, I can agree that much.

(Except for not marking the double vowel in any form like in Toru/Ko. That is just a mistake as you point out)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:54   Link #933
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Is it ok if my reaction to Minko at the end to be bursting out in laughter? I just find her kinda obnoxious, and it seems like she fails about being cool, kinda like Shiina from Angel Beats. Her love affair is just like "cool story bro" to me, and the episode which relies on it ends up as such.

Also, do we really need more obnoxious male characters in the series? Besides, Kou, who's ok, the male characters combined have like 10 tons of fail between them. And that idiot is still there. Is it just me or do female heavy casts just cause guys to become retarded? Well, can't blame them THAT much, but still.

Fortunately, Ohana lights up the show, and that heron is funny. I was asking if the bird was gonna attack her, and ... poor dumb Ohana. Nako is also pretty sensible, and the bath scene was funny too... Heh, hotter than episode 3 imo.

Best part is introducing herself as a transfer student and everyone jumps on her. "Yay, we can become part of the plot" Also, lol @ Minko walking out and nobody giving a shit.

Rating: 6/10. Watchable, though it's missing the magic of the first two episodes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:59   Link #934
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

well at least noone tried to rape her this episode
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:08   Link #935
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

All in all an awesome episode. Finally the focus is back towards the actual inn people; I really didn't care at all for the novelist. They can make an episode about the old man living in the shed for all I care... anything but the novelist again please. XD

Such a shame there's still a bit of fanservice there though. Not that I am complaining, but other people will take it the wrong way...

And Yuina... wow, that was Tomatsu Haruka? Totally fooled me (like I was with Tomoe being Mamiko Noto), then again, for once she is put on a different character archetype than what we typically see her on. Certainly different from Mashu/Anaru of this season, which is what we usually hear her as, like in Kannagi, Basquash, and Cross Game.

Shipping-wise... was so afraid that Ohana will be the rival towards Minko/Tooru. The big plot revelation at the end; it's actually Yuina that's the rival (or are we led to believe, Minko is the one trying to steal lol). Still have to see more if I'd side with Minko or Yuina; especially Yuina, don't know much about her.

Also really happy about Kou/Ohana. Ohana still is intent on making a reply, Ohana keeps on denying Ko out of nowhere when other people ask if she has a boyfriend, and we get a flashback! So many juicy scenes that I enjoyed. I mean, sure, Minko/Tooru might look better together, but Kou/Ohana still is my OTP in this show.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:09   Link #936
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Normally an episode like this wouldn't really earn that many complaints form me, but the problem is that this show has set up themes and tones quite different from what we're experiencing in not only just last week's fail of an episode, but also this weeks. It also has quite a high standard of storytelling to live up to after what has been seen in the first two episode.

Episode 2 ended on a nice dramatic note before finally the show drove the train off the fucknig railroad in episode 3 with an extremely abrupt change in pace and tone. Episode 4 while not quite as drastic of a change as episode 3, has more or less been affected by some of the lingering affects of that last episode.

I say this because the show has set up all these points of drama, whether it be Ohana and her grandmother, Ohana and Kou, Ohana and Minko, Ohana vs workplace, Ohana vs growing up. Meanwhile we're suddenly thrown from light hearted situation to light hearted situation, while glossing over these dramatic points... The tonal shift serves to basically make us completely dismissive of whatever drama they're presenting. Really, I just wasn't able to care about the fail writer or the little unrequited love of our ice princess Minko.

If you can't really care about the characters in these situations because the atmosphere of the drama disconnects you from it, the impact and magic of it is all gone. Episodes 1 and 2 were quite amazing, but the show's persistence in trying to lighten the mood so much is going to have dire consequences on the road.

Again, normally this episode would probably earn a 7/10 for me, but because of the context and failure to move the story in a good direction, I'll have to rate it a 5/10. It was not good, and I really don't appreciate the direction this story is taking.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:10   Link #937
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

That heron is going to be one of my favorite characters by the second half. I just know it.

LOL at Ohana being the last sentient being on the planet to figure out Minko likes Tooru. Given Minko's rotten temperament, and Ohana's utter tactlessness, I guess a throttling -- while unforgivable -- was inevitable. I honestly thought she'd get socked for that "Good Morning!"

Speaking of Ohana being about as dense as a dying star, the Kou flashbacks show that he was probably dropping hints to her for a while. However, it was interesting to see that now that she does know, she's really hung up over how he'll feel about her text responses. So it's not that she doesn't care about people's feelings, she just legitimately stinks at reading the mood, which isn't really a surprise. She demonstrates it quite nicely with Minko later on.

Nako is still awesome. No further developments there.

Also, this was the week I started really recognizing the voice actors. Minko's voice crack in the ep. 5 preview in particular gave her away.

I've probably said this before, but the animation in this show is so pretty I could freaking cry.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:14   Link #938
Xacual

Yuina struck me as fronting a deliberately wrong persona. She even said she only added the accent for fun. She's probably nothing like how she appears at school. Also I think she does have a crush on Tooru because she mentioned there being a cool guy at their inn, but why did Ohana connect "cool guy" with the pervent author?!?

Seeing Nako interact with Ohana so well now was probably my high point of the episode, they are becoming quite good friends. Honestly I kind of expected a stand off situation with Nako, Minko and Ohana together during the school day for lunch but it never happened. I wonder if Minko interacts with anyone at school.

Edit: That's probably why the boys have all these false images of her, though you'd think if they knew where she worked they'd go check it out.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:43   Link #939
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Would like to see more of Yuina over Minko, even if she is putting up a front. Minko has just been going over the same characteristics that makes it a little dull for me when she is on screen.

Hope to see more of the heron later
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:45   Link #940
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Ep 4 was definitely better than the last one in terms of pacing and story.
A couple things I hope by the end of the series...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Here's what I hope:

Episode 4 was pretty nice. Really cheesy stuff, a lot of it, and really predictable too, but it was still pretty nice.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life