AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 00:13   Link #41
Hakuryu
Klutz

Freebies from episode 1.

Old 2012-04-07, 00:57   Link #42
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Freebies from episode 1.
Can I have this? It's just adorable.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 02:25   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The ear wagging is just adorable (<3), though I must admit, my favourite part of the episode was them referencing Daigo's perfect parries in one of those evol tournaments.

Overall, I quite like this show. Probably the first 4koma based show in recent memory that I'll watch till the end, considering that *gasp* there's an actual hetero couple I can ship for. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:15   Link #44
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so moe i died then got revived then died again....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:43   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Freebies from episode 1.

Claiming that one if I may! Saved all of them.

This seems to be my easy-to-watch show of this new season.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:09   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Freebies from episode 1.

Claimed the 3rd and 5th one
Old 2012-04-07, 12:37   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable, once I slowed down to its pace. And I could listen to Ookubo Rumi and Okamoto Nobuhiko together all day. Tsumiki is wonderful. Now that's moe.

I wasn't so enthralled by Nabatame Hitomi's character Mayoi, but I guess I'll get used to the voice she's using: too much like a version of Arai Satomi's Kuroko voice for me. Fukuhara Kaori (Hime) was on and off for me, as well. However, I was interested and somewhat pleased to see Kaorin listed ahead of Nabatame and Asanuma Shintarou in the end-credits.

The fact that the friends are not trying to make trouble for the unconscious lovers is a relief. I've always liked shows where the main pairing was set and inviolable from the start (Lamune was the first one I saw).

Director Oizaki Fumitoshi did Astalotte's Toy. He knows how to elicit the maximum moe from a story, it appears.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-04-07 at 14:02.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:20   Link #48
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Tsumiki is most dangerous creature alive. If the cute doesn't kill you, she can club you to death with that massive ahoge.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:59   Link #49
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
One of the things I liked about ep 1 (yes, I know this is still quite "early in the game" and all) is that I felt it adapted the 4koma original format well. It's also interesting how different (and in my opinion better) the "overall feel" of the story comes across - in some ways it "fleshes out" the 4koma story and gives a reference point from which to further appreciate it.

When I first read the manga ch's I got an odd impression that actually reminded me of the wilder parts of Nichijou somehow. Now I liked Nichijou as a whole, but I have a personal preference for this kind of presentation - one that recalls a (to me) pleasing cross between Sketchbook Full color'S and Lucky Star.

I also liked the extremely low key pace and interaction between the charas that I found exceedingly funny, literally lol'ing at least 5 or 6 times to myself.

BTW Kakuryu - those animated avy's are great.

And Monir? Were you (or anyone else, for that matter) also was humming the "nekomimi mode-o" song to myself mid way through the ep?

I guess I like the quiet sense of humor that comes from this odd group of characters interacting with one another ... it feels kinda ... well, as strange as it may sound "normal" to me, and greatly reminds me of the interaction I used to have with my admittedly weird group of friends back in high school as well.
Old 2012-04-07, 16:33   Link #50
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wasn't so enthralled by Nabatame Hitomi's character Mayoi, but I guess I'll get used to the voice she's using:
I generally didn't mind her, not striking in either direction. But there was this one scene, when she repaired the speakers, and everyone was waiting to see if it worked. ~"Turn left. [Wall] desu." I thought that scene was hilarious, and it rested to a large extent on her delivery of those lines. (Now I hope I didn't get my characters mixed up; happens all the time. )
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 16:48   Link #51
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
And Monir? Were you (or anyone else, for that matter) also was humming the "nekomimi mode-o" song to myself mid way through the ep?
I'll answer for anyone else.

Tsumiki's voice and actions were too subdued to trigger that particular 'nekomimi mode-o' reaction from me, but the thought did cross my mind. I was more reminded of Nozomi from 'Mayoi Neko Overrun'.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 16:54   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
I'll answer for anyone else.

Tsumiki's voice and actions were too subdued to trigger that particular 'nekomimi mode-o' reaction from me, but the thought did cross my mind. I was more reminded of Nozomi from 'Mayoi Neko Overrun'.
Yes, yes, yes!

Absolutely!

I was also reminded of Nozomi - one of my fave (in the sense of memorably endearing mainly) anime charas of all time tbh!

Although come to think of it Nozomi does seem a little more ... erm ... hmm ... "sophisticated" or "cultured" in some ways, I guess, while Tsumiki is more ... umm ... "homespun"? ... "simple"? ... something like that.

Glad I was not the only one to make the connection though.
Old 2012-04-07, 17:14   Link #53
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yes, yes, yes!

Absolutely!

I was also reminded of Nozomi - one of my fave (in the sense of memorably endearing mainly) anime charas of all time tbh!

Although come to think of it Nozomi does seem a little more ... erm ... hmm ... "sophisticated" or "cultured" in some ways, I guess, while Tsumiki is more ... umm ... "homespun"? ... "simple"? ... something like that.

Glad I was not the only one to make the connection though.
I will remember 'Mayoi Neko Overrun' for a long, long time, due mainly to the aloof sophistication of the light haired Nozomi (Nya~), a certain ping-pong match, and that strip ero Jenga episode.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 21:16   Link #54
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is just to cute and I think that what Konata would be like if she wasnt an super otaku
Old 2012-04-07, 22:41   Link #55
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Freebies from episode 1.
claiming this one
thanks

EDIT:
dat Daigo vs JWong reference lolololololol

Last edited by Frailty; 2012-04-07 at 23:18.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 01:35   Link #56
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I feel like I just drowned in a bottomless pit of cuteness made of Tsumiki then my soul flew back to Earth and it was like a dream....
Old 2012-04-08, 01:57   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Freebies from episode 1.

I'm just here for this... Now back to your regular scheduled program.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 02:36   Link #58
Excorsism

Holy cow, there definitely needs some regulation here, at this rate, I'll die bef...

Also, lol@ the Daigo vs JWong reference. Hilarious. Kane can do a demon too apparently.
Old 2012-04-08, 06:32   Link #59
teja208
Critical fanboy

There is no way Konata can be this cute!! At least for me, Konata never displays any form of feminine behavior that would remind you that she is actually a girl unless she cosplays which isn’t the real her. That is, until Tsumiki shows me how it can be done properly. Not only that, Tsumiki isn’t your typical tsundere which is a plus in my book. She only acts tsun to Mayoi but dere to Io which is not a typical way of how a tsundere behaves. Her moe level is extremely high as well. There are not many anime females that I can compare her with in terms of genuine moe but the most recent one I can recall is Towa Erio from Denpa Onna.

Io is also not what you would expect from a typical anime male protagonist. The guy is awesome. I usually dislike it when guys were added into the main cast in this kind of anime. Most male leads in anime are obnoxious; creating an unpleasant atmosphere to the series. Female casts often label them as perverts or idiots, but Io is nothing like those guys. He is kind, gentle, and able to remain composed in most situations. I don’t really mind his presence at all and rather ok with the idea of him going out with Tsumiki. They’re perfect for each other as master/pet couple if that term even exist.

Now moving on to the supporting casts, Mayoi is quite fun and possible trickster character but one can’t help but wonder what’s hidden behind her bang. Maybe there is more to it than just her eyes, that is, if she even has eyes at all.

And there is Hime, so she gets nosebleed every time she imagines Tsumiki being cute? I don't think she's into yuri either.

Lastly Sakaki, I have nothing to say about him yet until he gets more spotlight latter. For now he is just Io’s only male friend and a bit of a pervert.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-04-08 at 06:42.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 07:07   Link #60
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woowww.... after watching 1st episode, I can say this show probably better than Nichijou and Lucky Star.
a tsundere and awkward Konata... I mean Tsumiki is really adorable.
usually, some shows like this can't make me laugh but Acchi Kocchi can make me smile from the beginning until the end.

I hope they will keep up the pace and quality
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life