Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 09:23   Link #2121
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
Hi guys, where you take the manga?
Search [girls und panzer manga] in google , the first result.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:31   Link #2122
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I bet Miho will become like this if Oorai lose the tournament =))
Spoiler for :
I am OK with this development

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:53   Link #2123
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

freebie

Last edited by RRW; 2012-12-04 at 10:07.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 10:48   Link #2124
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 8:

Darjeeling seems to have come as a guest to Pravda - the British are friendly with the Russians?

Battle in the snow! 15 vs. 6 looks even more unfair than the match with Saunders of 10 vs. 5. At least the Oorai team isn't against something like a Firefly tank this time, and those T-34 seem to have thin armour because they are easily white flagged.

Oorai team becomes surrounded and the StuG is crippled. I wonder how Miho would get them out of this situation? The last scene reminds me of how the german 9th army was surrounded and outnumbered by the russians during WWII.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-12-04 at 11:07. Reason: should have counted the Pravda tanks
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 10:51   Link #2125
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Episode 8:

Darjeeling seems to have come as a guest to Pravda - the British are friendly with the Russians?

Battle in the snow! 18 vs. 6 looks even more unfair than the match with Saunders of 10 vs. 5. At least the Oorai team isn't against something like a Firefly tank this time, and those T-34 seem to have thin armour because they are easily white flagged.

Oorai team becomes surrounded and the StuG is crippled. I wonder how Miho would get them out of this situation? The last scene reminds me of how the german 9th army was surrounded and outnumbered by the russians during WWII.
Nope...no Firefly. Just a Stalin.
Old 2012-12-04, 10:55   Link #2126
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Episode 8:

Battle in the snow! 18 vs. 6 looks even more unfair than the match with Saunders of 10 vs. 5. At least the Oorai team isn't against something like a Firefly tank this time, and those T-34 seem to have thin armour because they are easily white flagged.

Please count again, there is 15 vs 6. And despite Pravda don't has Firely but has a Stalin-2 and KV-2.
Old 2012-12-04, 10:55   Link #2127
wontaek

I think the poor planning and command was not entirely Miho's fault. If you look at the long term, letting kids have little fun and also forcing them to swallow a bitter pill for reckless playing can be a good thing for the team in the long run. Miho chose to let the teammates have some fun and thought that if they lose, they will all become better for that loss. Beside, they were inferior in number and quality in all sorts of way thus she probably thought that all her planning and bossing around would not make enough of a difference. The trouble is for Oorai, there is no tomorrow. If Miho and everyone knew that, it is highly likely Miho's plan be different and others be more receptive to Miho's plan and command.

So, now they have 3 hours. They would need to do some repairs first. I would also consider exploring that huge house to check for alternate route of escape. If one can be found, I would try to punch through the escape route and penetrate the envelopment.
Old 2012-12-04, 11:06   Link #2128
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Please count again, there is 15 vs 6. And despite Pravda don't has Firely but has a Stalin-2 and KV-2.
Actually, I didn't count.
For some reason, I thought Pravda had 18 tanks.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 11:49   Link #2129
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

For people who are saying the Tiger won't be showing up...

Well, its not a written rule that participating teams cannot maintain an element of surprise

Just as there are no rules stating that Saunders cannot utilize radio-interception.

Although I do doubt we'll be seeing the Tiger, though.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:07   Link #2130
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Well, its not a written rule that participating teams cannot maintain an element of surprise
In that case, the following will happen:

They will airdrop the Tiger (P) from a C5 Galaxy with a Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer paint scheme.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:09   Link #2131
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
In that case, the following will happen:

They will airdrop the Tiger (P) from a C5 Galaxy with a Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer paint scheme.
I second that motion!

Though that transport would probably be this:

Spoiler for GIGANT!:

But Darjeeling is a cool oneesama-type. I like Too bad they didn't broadcast the semi-finals between them and BFP.

That being said, Miho's comrades, despite numerous encounters, constant training & practice, have yet to ascend from the amateur stage. Truly a shame.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-04 at 12:33.
Old 2012-12-04, 12:52   Link #2132
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This episode genuinely made me upset, for that:

1. Miho committed a huge mistake for someone in the position of command, by allowing those under her to act blindly when she knew better about the opponent. Those in command must never tolerate wanton waste of war potential, in any shape or form...
I'm going to do a full write up after I watch episode 8 again, but I'd like to touch on a few points. Based on what we've seen so far, Miho isn't some sort of perfect commander; she's made crucial mistakes in every fight so far, and she's mostly pulled through because of her ability to improvise and by relying on her teammates. The mistake she made against Pravda isn't in failing to control her command - this was impossible given that Ooarai has low cohesion and low discipline. What Miho failed to do was to clearly explain before the match that Pravda liked pulling off feigned retreats and the importance of not overextending themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
3. Miho wasn't given the needed information so that she would prepare for the matter of life and death to Oarai. If Miho knew of what's at stake earlier, her mentality would have had the comfort of adjusting before coming to the battlefield. In short, Miho had no idea to what end Oarai was after, until coming to realization at the worst possible time.
I see not knowing the stakes as an advantage. If Miho had known ahead of time, the rest of Ooarai would know as well, and it would impact their morale. They would have gone with her original plan and probably lost because they don't have the tenacity or numbers to fight a grinding match. There's also the fact that Katyusha, for all her bluster and arrogance, is a better tactician than Miho. Now that they're trapped in the church, they're at close enough quarters to get a shot at the Pravda flag tank and win outright.

Quote:
Well, I have another reason for being slightly upset. The fact that Darjeeling pretty much revealed in the first few minutes of the episode that they had lost the semi-finals, which means I won't be able to witness the actual competition!
Yeah, it would have been great to see St. Gloriana in action again, but that was unlikely given how tight the production is as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupiler View Post
What I found rather pathetic was the history-girl team mentioning the similarities to Stalingrad, and yet they still fell for the trap.
This shows the limitations of the history club. Winter, Soviets and war are way more reminiscent of the Battle of Moscow where Guderian lost badly. I think that the point of the club is that they may be enthusiastic about history, but they don't have a real understanding of the finer points.

Quote:
I personally found Pravda's tactics to be rather Mongolian... in fact, very classic Mongolian.

- Tak
The Pravda tactics are reminiscent of a certain different tanking country... Germany. In particular, Rommel was fond of luring British tanks onto his emplaced anti-tank guns. And since they actually worked in real life, it's hard to blame the inexperienced Ooarai girls that much.

Quote:
Even "The feeling to fight for their school will be strong.!", the situation is "The streingth can't go along with the spirit" for Oorai, StuG III lose it track and can't move (depsite Panzer IV can push it but will cause serious damage for StuG), Panzer IV's gun is jammed, the other teams can't even penetrate T-34's armor, they're outgunned, outnumber.
If it weren't for the fact that Ooarai can't actually lose this fight, the StuG III, the Pz. IV and the Lee would have all been knocked out instead of being damaged. It's not part of any plan because they got beat up so badly that Miho was going to surrender outright. If it weren't for the "we can't afford to lose" part of the story, Pravda already won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Didn't say anything because it's quite obvious from last ep that she is an asshole...Doctrine fits her perfectly...steel hearted bitch, with apparently zero tactical or strategic flexibility at all
This speaks back to Maho's shockingly bad advice all the way back in episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nope...no Firefly. Just a Stalin.
A Firefly is a dangerous tank, but it has the same armor as a regular Sherman so at least it's not that hard to knock out. An IS-2 is a much tougher opponent. And really, unless you have a lot of armor, the T-34/85s aren't really less of a threat than a Firefly.

Quote:

Just as there are no rules stating that Saunders cannot utilize radio-interception.
For a tank to be allowed into the competition, it would have to be put into the team roster. On the storytelling side, the Porsche Tiger shouldn't be a total surprise: they should have shown it in the background while sprucing up the Char B1 bis or something. Ooarai is in a horrible position, but they currently still have the resources to eke out a victory.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:07   Link #2133
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Yeah, it would have been great to see St. Gloriana in action again, but that was unlikely given how tight the production is as is.
I am asking for 15 minutes, man.

Quote:
And since they actually worked in real life, it's hard to blame the inexperienced Ooarai girls that much.
Again, after numerous competitions, practice and training, it is truly a shame Miho's comrades have yet to ascend from the amateur stage. Really now?

Miho, who had personal experience against Pravda probably should have briefed everyone in the beginning how her adversaries would act. Though as much as people like to blame her, the student council has this terrible habit of hijacking her commanding position. This is an issue that had not been ironed out.

But after 8 episodes, you'd think they resolved the communications problem.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-04 at 13:25.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:17   Link #2134
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Miho, who had personal experience against Pravda probably should have briefed everyone in the beginning how her adversaries would act. Though as much as people like to blame her, the student council has this terrible habit of hijacking her commanding position. This is an issue that had not been ironed out.
I'm going to come right out and say it. Miho is emotionally weak. It's terribly annoying and one of the aspects of the show that bugs me. Yukari & Co., the beloved tanks and the attention to detail that makes the rest of the world "living and breathing" make this series for me. I could take or leave Miho when she's not being whiny and/or angsty ..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 13:35   Link #2135
4Tran

Quote:
Again, after numerous competitions, practice and training, it is truly a shame Miho's comrades have yet to ascend from the amateur stage. Really now?
Tell that to the 8th Army at Gazala. They had been fighting Rommel for years, and they still fell for his tricks.

Quote:

But after 8 episodes, you'd think they resolved the communications problem.

- Tak
Miho didn't even try to share all the info she dug up on Pravda though. She has her skills, but she's also got a lot of weaknesses. The good thing about Girls und Panzer is that those weaknesses are also acknowledged by the show itself.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:39   Link #2136
Tak

Quote:
Tell that to the 8th Army at Gazala. They had been fighting Rommel for years, and they still fell for his tricks.
Thats not my point. The point is, after all these time, Oorai's chain of command is still a total disaster!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-04, 14:13   Link #2137
chupiler

Quote:
I am asking for 15 minutes, man.
I'm really hoping that one of the OVAs will be the St. Gloriana - Kuromorimine match. Or maybe it'll be supplemented in the manga like the Anzio match.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pravda's emblem is (other than the obvious parody) a T-square ruler, an L-square ruler, and a compass? Not really sure what the tool on the left is.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 14:14   Link #2138
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupiler View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pravda's emblem is (other than the obvious parody) a T-square ruler, an L-square ruler, and a compass? Not really sure what the tool on the left is.
Its actually a C-clamp crossed with a T-square

- Tak

Old 2012-12-04, 14:17   Link #2139
Sumeragi
Banned

I do find this somewhat alluring.

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 14:24   Link #2140
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am a bit glad that Miho won't have to pay for her indecisiveness with the blood of others... she isn't even likely to see Oarai lose and forced to disband, as good a lesson as that may be. The only things that she would need to overcome as having been disowned and having to live up to what it means to command.

(I seen what survivor's guilt and the weight of command did firsthand... this colonel of ROC that I knew from WW2 lost 450+/500 men, survived. The defeat meant he saw no promotion, but the worst part was that he could never live it down... what was worst to me is that that Miho screams parallel to that quiet, softspoken man...a great staff officer that cared genuinely for others, highly diligent, hated seeing people having fights...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks