Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-22, 10:49   Link #3301
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Actually, Rei, Saeko and Takashi are all supposed to studying in the same grade, as Saya pointed out in Ep2. Rei and Takashi were held back a year, which in effect implies that the three of them are of the same age in terms of years, with Saya and Kouta each being one year younger than the trio.

So... the easy way out is to suggest that Rei's birthday hasn't arrived yet. In truth, though? I think Shouji Sato, and his editors, probably forgot the chronological details. It happens.
Rei AND Takashi were held back a year? I thought it was only Rei. I'm super confused now.l
Old 2010-08-22, 10:49   Link #3302
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
This is why Hirano is MAN!!! + Saya and Saeko.
At this point I'm believing the whole group, minus Alice and the dog, should end up being Hirano's harem.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 10:54   Link #3303
Newhope

Quote:
Actually, Rei, Saeko and Takashi are all supposed to studying in the same grade, as Saya pointed out in Ep2. Rei and Takashi were held back a year, which in effect implies that the three of them are of the same age in terms of years, with Saya and Kouta each being one year younger than the trio.

So... the easy way out is to suggest that Rei's birthday hasn't arrived yet. In truth, though? I think Shouji Sato, and his editors, probably forgot the chronological details. It happens.
No it was just Rei that was held back, Saya just pointed out that Takashi would be held back this year the way things where going.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 10:56   Link #3304
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Those are from the manga, right? Cause their busts in the anime do not look 83/85, lol. And I love Rei's outfit.
Probably not sure, because I know manga's are for sale and these are not....Hmm.

EDIT:

Yeah...Rei was held back and Hisashi is her classmate now. Making Hisashi younger than Takashi.
Rei likes younger guys.
Old 2010-08-22, 11:06   Link #3305
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Probably not sure, because I know manga's are for sale and these are not....Hmm.
But those are by the author & illustrator, right? It's not from the anime production company.

Quote:
Yeah...Rei was held back and Hisashi is her classmate now. Making Hisashi younger than Takashi.
Rei likes younger guys.
So Takashi was best buds with a younger guy? I always thought Takashi and Hisashi were the same age and Rei was older.
Old 2010-08-22, 11:17   Link #3306
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The age is confusing us all along with the held back storyline.
But it does make an interesting discussion.
Makes me wonder if Takashi was like the little brother Rei wanted to marry when they where young. Which later on when they got older wasn't. He might still see those traits on Hisashi which probably made her choose him later on at highschool. But there is also the "SHIDO" which why she was held back.

Xover
Old 2010-08-22, 11:23   Link #3307
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Rei AND Takashi were held back a year? I thought it was only Rei. I'm super confused now.l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
No it was just Rei that was held back, Saya just pointed out that Takashi would be held back this year the way things where going.
Quote:
Yeah...Rei was held back and Hisashi is her classmate now. Making Hisashi younger than Takashi. Rei likes younger guys.
Hmm... it seems that all of us are suffering from varying degrees of confusion. I blame sloppy writing and editing.

The manga source is actually silent on the age issue. In the anime scene where Saya accused everyone of being "dere dere" towards each other, she explicitly pointed out that Rei was held back a year, making her the same age as Saeko. In the manga, however, she made no such comment; she ranted only about how the rest were treating her like a child or a half-wit, which she resented because she was the school genius.

Now, as for whether Takashi is the same age as Rei and Saeko, now that I look, there isn't any evidence to suggest that he is. It was simply something I've assumed. Which makes me wonder how he got to know Rei, since they would have been in different grades back in kindergarten or grade school. It isn't usual for pupils of different grades to interact, as far as I know.

(As for Saya, we tend to forget that she is as much an osanajimi of Takashi as Rei. It's not clear, however, whether there is an age difference between Takashi and Saya.)

In any case, that still doesn't clear up the confusion. Rei is supposed to be the same age as Saeko, not one year younger.

=====

Incidentally, I've assumed that Takashi and Rei were in the same grade because of the plot and character development implications. There was a possibility that Takashi thought that Rei "voluntarily" stayed back a year to accompany him, which would explain why he wasn't thrilled about the news — he didn't need the guilt. The turn of events leading to Rei "dumping" him thus made the situation only worse.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 11:47   Link #3308
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well all we know in the opening Takashi went to Rei's classroom.
We all didn't know anything about them at that time, that they're
just the main characters.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-08-22 at 12:05.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:02   Link #3309
DarkFreedom

i think takeshi, rei and hisashi have the same age.

At the opening and in the manga hisashi did say " that they are in the same class again"
DarkFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:10   Link #3310
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Flipping back to the source, there was a bit character early in the series who tried to console Takashi as he slipped out of class. The character said he heard that Takashi had been dumped by a girl in the same class, and added that he knew she and Takashi had been friends since childhood. He said further that the girl was held back, thus putting her in the same class with Takashi and Hisashi.

That means Takashi and Hisashi were the same age as well as being classmates. This doesn't contradict the anime scene; Hisashi was merely greeting Takashi, as they had both been assigned to the same class again. Then Rei got held back and ended up in their class, where she got to know Hisashi. Maybe she thought Takashi would be thrilled or more supportive, and got angry that he did neither. Hence, she turned to Hisashi instead.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:11   Link #3311
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So bottom line Rei is older?
Old 2010-08-22, 12:15   Link #3312
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Seems like it, unless Sato now insists that Rei is actually 17 and not 18.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:50   Link #3313
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
At this point I'm believing the whole group, minus Alice and the dog, should end up being Hirano's harem.
Lies. I don't know where all of you Hirano supporters are getting this. Almost as bad as the Ranka fans in Macross Frontier.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:01   Link #3314
GDB

Quote:
Seems like it, unless Sato now insists that Rei is actually 17 and not 18.
The age range for third year high schoolers is 17-18. It's perfectly understandable for her to be 17 and not 18. It's not like you instantly have your birthday as soon as the new school year starts.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:07   Link #3315
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As much as we get into the anime the girls have an interest on both guys. Though having the "plot dvice armor" as the main character, Takashi's the girls like him. Saya though I truly believe has more than interest in Hirano.
Old 2010-08-22, 13:15   Link #3316
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Saya though I truly believe has more than interest in Hirano.
I won't agree, though it's pretty obvious that they've added in her interaction with Hirano just to boost up her tsundere points.
Old 2010-08-22, 13:30   Link #3317
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I won't agree, though it's pretty obvious that they've added in her interaction with Hirano just to boost up her tsundere points.
But why was she dreaming of Hirano instead of Takashi?

The plot thickens...
Old 2010-08-22, 13:30   Link #3318
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

My speculation? Saya was probably meant to be the third corner of a love triangle between her, Takashi and Rei. Hirano and Saeko would then throw monkey wrenches into this relationship.

At least, that is how I suspect the plot and characters were originally conceptualised, but the concept has since changed as the series progressed. Within the confines of the anime, though, it's still anybody's guess how the various relationships will develop.

Last edited by Solace; 2010-08-22 at 15:50. Reason: No manga spoilers.
Old 2010-08-22, 13:49   Link #3319
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
As much as we get into the anime the girls have an interest on both guys. Though having the "plot dvice armor" as the main character, Takashi's the girls like him. Saya though I truly believe has more than interest in Hirano.
Is it a plot device armor since he's the main character? In a way, but don't forget that Takashi's also the one willing to go out and 'mingle' with the zombies to either help escape the school, or go and rescue a little girl several blocks down the street on zombie infested roads.

Yes Hirano is badass with a gun, yes he stood up to Shido on the bus, but take away his guns, and what has he done yet? Once his guns go 'click' he becomes helpless(as of episode 7 this will probably change as the story goes on).

Takashi has no weapons training, doesn't belong to any athletic clubs, yet next to Saeko, I'd say he has the biggest brass balls in the group, and people naturally gravitate towards him.

Saeko is still the best character in the story though.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 14:02   Link #3320
DarkFreedom

if they do make changes between episode 8 and the related manga chapter, i go and bite them all.
DarkFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse