AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-05, 16:35   Link #121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^I can't believe i forgot all about this song. Shame on me.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:09   Link #122
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Actually, if Oda really wants to show how dangerous the new world is, then he should at least kill of about half of the Supernovas.
If they are able to survive and progress on their own, then there shouldn't be a problem for Luffy's crew (which was the strongest of them all) to do the same and the whole training wouldn't be necessary.
I'll laugh at this post once the supernovas begin to fall one by one. You're taking The New World as if it was a joke how dangerous it's, but no, you're completely wrong.

And I remind you it was Kuma who made Luffy's decision about becoming stronger possible, and Rayleigh too warned him. Your reading comprension is puzzling, seriously.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:13   Link #123
Kallen4life

Quote:
Luffy and Zoro are nowhere near Kid, Drake, Law or Hawkins level
you must be joking

especially with drake .. cutting up or beating down a dino is np for the straw hats

Quote:
If they are able to survive and progress on their own, then there shouldn't be a problem for Luffy's crew (which was the strongest of them all) to do the same and the whole training wouldn't be necessary.
I got the impression they're training more for fights with the likes of Kizaru/Akainu/Aokiji/BB & eventually Yonkou (Kaidou) .. also prly Shichibukai, i.e. DoFlamingo, possibly Kuma and Mihawk for Zoro

after all Rayleigh suggested it to Luffy after witnessing their stomping at the hands of pacifista and Kizaru
Old 2010-08-05, 17:19   Link #124
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
you must be joking

especially with drake .. cutting up or beating down a dino is np for the straw hats
It seems you got wrong the meaning of my message. I mean they are not enough well-prepared unlike the rest of the supernovas, except Bonney, who too has proven she wasn't prepared to enter The New World. Capone and Urouge most likely weren't ready too.
Old 2010-08-05, 17:48   Link #125
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 595
That was a good chapter. I can't wait to see what the one piece crew will look like in one or two years if the time skip happens. Black Beard owes a thanks to Shanks. Black Beard high tailed it out of there just because of one admiral. He would not have survived in Marineford if it weren't for Shanks.

Supernovas
I wonder what so special about Bonney? I can only think of two things. Her powers or she is family member to someone very powerful in WG. That would be weird if she were Admiral Akainu's daughter. If Black Beard took out Bonney then who took out Capone? Nine more supernovas to go.

X Drake
I never figured Drake to be that aggressive. I always thought of him as cautious. Instead he going to make an enemy out of one of the Yonkou. I wonder what he is up to.
Old 2010-08-05, 19:21   Link #126
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Actually, if Oda really wants to show how dangerous the new world is, then he should at least kill of about half of the Supernovas.
Yes, If i have any problem is that I feel a lack of tension from the new world...
Hell, considering how Oda has just saved Moria's ass, and considering how Drake, Apoo, Urouge, and Hawkins should have all been captured by Kizaru, i'm really not expecting the supernovas to suffer much And i'm expecting Bonney to find a way out of her current predicament.

not to mention I recall the grandline getting a somewhat similar build up early in the series, what with it being called the pirates graveyard and all that... and yet the grandline seemed relatively normal aside from the increase presence of devil fruits and wonky navigation effects...
Old 2010-08-05, 19:24   Link #127
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
kind of dissapointed with oda. if there is a/most likely will be a time skip, i really thought Oda would be able to continue the story without a time skip.
Perhaps the Time-Skip is already occuring while he's focusing on other characters and events taking place in the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ I think so too. After what has transpired, I see Moria being similar to Crocodile in terms of alignment. Neither of them want the WG to have their way any longer. That being said, it's very unlikely they'll oppose the strawhats again since they wouldn't gain anything out of that.
Doubt him and Crocodile is similar. Moria hadn't rebelled against the WG once, they simply wanted to get rid of him for being weak. But I'm curious as to what Oda will use him for in the future.

--------------------------

And of course to give my 2 cents on Blackbeard. I think its obvious why Blackbeard and his whole Crew ran from Akainu. People are giving Blackbeard way too much praise and excusing his cowardice with reasoning not implied in the Manga. Blackbeard lacks heart/courage. He ran because he doesn't believe he can take on Akainu, even with his Yami Yami Fruit, its still not gauranteed to win. Look out much pain attacks from Ace caused him in Chapter 441 (or 442), I can imagine how much damage attacks from Akainu would do. Blackbeard was watching the war the whole time, I'm pretty sure he seen Akainu take off half of Whitebeard's face with one attack.

Whitebeard said it perfectly "overconfidence and rashness" are his weaknesses. I doubt his confident enough to take on Akainu, which why he ran without second thought.
Old 2010-08-05, 19:26   Link #128
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
lol, this post cracked me up.

But don't worry, Zoro should become exciting again in due time.... and hey, at least he has the bug-eyed goth loli to take care of him while he's fighting those monkeys. Meanwhile, Sanji gets to train in tranny paradise.....
Zoro is simply plain and boring, that's what i meant.

Just like Mihawk somehow....barely doing anything.
But then again, that's the style of a real samurai.

The parts of the other strawhats are way more interesting and funny.
Old 2010-08-05, 19:29   Link #129
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
It seems you got wrong the meaning of my message. I mean they are not enough well-prepared unlike the rest of the supernovas, except Bonney, who too has proven she wasn't prepared to enter The New World. Capone and Urouge most likely weren't ready too.
I disagree. Luffy and crew gets a hard knock life while people like Kidd gets to stomp on cannon fodders.
I doubt there's another supernova crew that encountered prolific enemies of 5 Shichibukais (Mihawk, Croc, Moria, Kuma, Teach), 2 admirals, an Impel Down Warden, a friggin 'god' and I'll even include CP9 as a debatable. After all the troubles they've been through, strawhats are more ready than those who hasn't been through this hell of a list.
Old 2010-08-05, 20:52   Link #130
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I think kurusu means that, unlike Law and Kidd and Drake, Luffy has no idea what the New world holds. Drake would know, being an ex Marine, and I trust that Law and Kidd has done their research.

BB obviously knows how the new world is, considering the fact that he came from the NW. Same with Croc.
Old 2010-08-05, 20:52   Link #131
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Well it's not like they could've prepared for the stuff that happened. How would Bonney, let alone most of the Supernovas, do ANYTHING against Blackbeard and his crew of famous pirates. I don't think Urouge could "prepare" for a lightning island as much as Capone could prepare for a island sucking him up.

Anyways, yeah, I think if any of the Supernovas were ready to tackle the New World it would the Straw Hats. But people like X Drake with a bunch of experience would be most likely ready for the dangers of the NW too.
Old 2010-08-05, 20:57   Link #132
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Well it's not like they could've prepared for the stuff that happened. How would Bonney, let alone most of the Supernovas, do ANYTHING against Blackbeard and his crew of famous pirates. I don't think Urouge could "prepare" for a lightning island as much as Capone could prepare for a island sucking him up.

Anyways, yeah, I think if any of the Supernovas were ready to tackle the New World it would the Straw Hats. But people like X Drake with a bunch of experience would be most likely ready for the dangers of the NW too.
Research?

Knowledge?

If you know what the New world was like (i.e. if you've been there before or talked to people who did or read about it), then you could probably prepare for it. Preparing for BB is impossible, but preparing for the sort of islands/environment in the New world is not.
Old 2010-08-05, 21:05   Link #133
james0246

^And that is why many expect the next Strawhat to be a New World resident.
Old 2010-08-05, 21:05   Link #134
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 595
That was a good chapter. I can't wait to see what the one piece crew will look like in one or two years if the time skip happens. Black Beard owes a thanks to Shanks. Black Beard high tailed it out of there just because of one admiral. He would not have survived in Marineford if it weren't for Shanks.

Supernovas
I wonder what so special about Bonney? I can only think of two things. Her powers or she is family member to someone very powerful in WG. That would be weird if she were Admiral Akainu's daughter. If Black Beard took out Bonney then who took out Capone? Nine more supernovas to go.

X Drake
I never figured Drake to be that aggressive. I always thought of him as cautious. Instead he going to make an enemy out of one of the Yonkou. I wonder what he is up to.
bonny being capture by Akainu just her odds of her becoming a member of Luffy's crew. we know she something against BB and the WG, what better crew to sail then with Luffy's who is out get both. Also with her being bought back there is a further chance of being rescue by either luffy or a member of his crew.
Old 2010-08-05, 21:21   Link #135
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Research?

Knowledge?

If you know what the New world was like (i.e. if you've been there before or talked to people who did or read about it), then you could probably prepare for it. Preparing for BB is impossible, but preparing for the sort of islands/environment in the New world is not.
Even if they knew about it, it's not like they could do anything about it. I mean, how many ways can you prepare yourself for an island sucking you up into the sky? They have to go to the islands so their Log Pose sets, plus I'm guessing there are many different paths in the NW like in the first half. And if that's the case they probably don't know which path they will take until they pass Merman Island.
Old 2010-08-05, 21:46   Link #136
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Research?

Knowledge?

Well thats the thing, this is OP, it's pretty much on the fence when it comes to these things. On one side, being prepared can help greatly and if luck holds out they strick it rich but on the other side being prepared can amount to very little as well. They can be prepared all they want but even the little things can throw all that out the window in a second.

Bonney didn't go unprepared she just choose the action that spelled doom thats all.

I've always said the next strawhat should be a lass and well Boa would be top pick but I'd also totally go for Bonney as well, just simply cause Reiko Kiuchi sounds great as her in the anime

p.s god I love the colour spread, Robin-chwan and Nami-swan are <3
Old 2010-08-05, 22:04   Link #137
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm not really saying that Blackbeard would kick Akainu's ass, but I just don't think that it was necessary for him to run away, either. I mean, if Teach can safely walk away from a battlefirld full of enemy marines and pirates at Marineford, why should he bother running with his tail between his legs when he saw Akainu, a single admiral, arrive? He could've just handed over Bonney to the admiral, say something to the effect of, "So that's how it's gonna be, eh? Oh well, I can get a new ship elsewhere..... Smell ya later!", and walk away scot-free like he did back then (it seems clear to me that Bonney's capture took bigger priority over destroying Blackbeard, anyhow). I mean, I know that being a cowardly piece of scum is a part of Teach's character and all, but I just see no reason why he has to run away from an admiral at this point, especially since he's on the virge of becoming an emperor himself.....

Oh BTW, for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, may I suggest taking a gander at the SBS thread? Oda may have dropped a particularly interesting hint concerning the next crewmember.....

Why did the Blackbeard pirates flee from Akainu?

Because Akainu could defeat them all simply by glaring at them. You think the Blackbeard pirates could defeat Akainu? Please re-read the Marineford arc and burn the greatness that is Akainu into your memory.
Old 2010-08-05, 22:15   Link #138
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Not bothered to read all 7 pages so I don't know if this is mentioned in the posts here but what is Bonney's relationship with the WG, she seems to have a more personal relationship with both the WG and Akainu than others. Also since she was seen crying when watching the war it could be that she had a relationship with either Ace or Whitebeard which is why she said she would never forgive you.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-08-05, 22:16   Link #139
Munty192
Life is a Game...

really looking forward to the time skip, would love to see how stronger they strawhat crew have become and also they maybe another wave of new supernova that maybe trying to enter the new world that depends on how long the time skip will be for, so right now i am 50/50 just don't want it to be 2 long of a time jump, but who knows maybe it would take alot of heat off luffy and his crew!!!!!
Old 2010-08-06, 00:06   Link #140
Slayerx

Well i did think of one possibility for Bonney...
Perhaps she was a slave to the world nobles and she used her powers to to keep the nobles young... It would be right up their alley, and it would explain her past with the WG. and why she would never forgive them

Though I would wonder if Whitebeard had a role in all that considering her crying
Closed Thread