AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-28, 00:34   Link #981
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Though I must admit, I expected Vita to swing with the hammer, not shoot from the tip. It makes her decision to switch to a Strike Cannon later look kinda odd. And I got the impression Plasma Pile was doing more damage to the ship than the Strike Cannon was.
I just sorta assumed that the War Hammer similarly had a battery and that it ran out of juice. And of course, instead of creating a viable method for recharge/reload, they're forced to sell more toys change to a different weapon. If only the hangar had a whole bunch of War Hammers lined up on the wall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin
One touch I love is the description of the colors. It's so like a real corporation would do--it's not enough to just say that Nanoha's unit is blue and white and Vita's is red and black. Kind of like how my tan car is "sand" according to the manufacturer.
Lol. I wonder if those colors are trademarked by the TSAB. Strato Blue™, etc.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 02:52   Link #982
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We mustn't forget that Levantein was broken because of the Hucks anti-magic effect, not because Cypha had a really hard body. Using Graf Eisen on the Hucks ship would result in the same thing.

As for Voltaire... one could argue that the Hucks anti-magic would break the summoning bind and send Voltaire back, I suppose.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 03:02   Link #983
Justin_Brett

Graf Eisen's probably good for at least one swing, at that size. There's still physics and mass to think about, after all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 03:05   Link #984
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Let us not drag physics and mass into this lest the tiny loli suddenly can't lift her hammer anymore due to physics.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 03:12   Link #985
Justin_Brett

*shrug*

Gigant Form wouldn't be called that if size didn't matter at all.
Old 2011-02-28, 06:38   Link #986
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

true, even with the Anit-Magic in play, Vita would be able to at least "Drop the Hammer" on the Huckship, she can cast the giganform pretty quickly afterall(at least much quicker than the Heimdall).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 09:47   Link #987
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
*Shrugs*

Considering that you could call it that, Ki Blasts
Shouldn't Ki or The Force counts towards the magical side of things?

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Usually magical devices channel the magical power of the users and directly output it as "bullets" or "barriers."* However, the core function of the CW Series of armed interfaces (including the aforementioned model) is to instantly convert the users' magical power into impact shocks
Following the above description, would "Air Blast" still count, what with it claiming outputs them directly into "impact shocks" instead of bullets? The wind should count as a projectile, no?

*sigh* Dunno, maybe I just lack the reference. Maybe someone could give a link to the *ahem* tech-y concept out there that is similar to...whatever the Strike Cannons is described as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
It also answers my question about why they weren't fitting out AEC weaponry for the grunts--apparently you have to be a highly powerful mage just to get the things to work (which, honestly, is right in line with the Bureau's philosophy of having destructive power in the hands of those who have to spend years in training and developing their strength instead of "anyone can pick it up and use it" technology).
So much for arming the grunts with the mass-produced variant to give them a fighting chance theory. If the redshirts know what's good for them, they'll resign immediately -risk being court martialed for desertion if they have to- and let the Primadona Squad handle all the fighting; it's not like they can do anything anyway, and in the end the heroes wouldn't even mourn them due to 'defeat means friendship'.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-28 at 09:57. Reason: Join the Armed Forces, they said...
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 11:26   Link #988
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
*shrug*

Gigant Form wouldn't be called that if size didn't matter at all.
That's what she said. =(
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 12:13   Link #989
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
So much for arming the grunts with the mass-produced variant to give them a fighting chance theory. If the redshirts know what's good for them, they'll resign immediately -risk being court martialed for desertion if they have to- and let the Primadona Squad handle all the fighting; it's not like they can do anything anyway, and in the end the heroes wouldn't even mourn them due to 'defeat means friendship'.
You just discovered the dark side of the "defeat means frienship" route in a military setting, fallen comrades will never be avenged(Signum T_T).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-02-28, 13:04   Link #990
Justin_Brett

On the topic of the story, if the Hucks are retreating, I'd have preferred it if Fortis was the one to do it, since he underestimated Section Six in the first place (granted, as far as the story shows, that underestimation was completely correct). If we're gonna compare them with the Wolkenritter, they realized Nanoha and Fate weren't nothing to fool with after their first fight.
Old 2011-03-01, 03:05   Link #991
aers
*Fansubber

Chapter 14's name is 「Silbern Kreuz」, Force NEXT is Lily & エンゲージスーツ (Engage Suit?).
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 07:28   Link #992
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
You just discovered the dark side of the "defeat means frienship" route in a military setting, fallen comrades will never be avenged(Signum T_T).

After the inevitable (and wall-banging) befriending...

Cypha: "So...uh, sorry for the whole 'impaling you with a big-but-totally-not-phallic sword right in the uterus' thing"
Signum: "Don't worry. People here rarely use that, anyway. You might wanna tell your friend to say sorry to Schach for the dead nuns, though."
Schach: "Ah, 'tis cool. They're nameless anyway, so nobody would remember them. Anybody want some Saint cookies?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Chapter 14's name is 「Silbern Kreuz」, Force NEXT is Lily & エンゲージスーツ (Engage Suit?).
Engage Suit--->Suit she use to engage--->suit she use for reacting--->her birthday suit?
Old 2011-03-01, 10:40   Link #993
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hm, I wonder if it looks like this...

EDIT: Oh, it does

Old 2011-03-01, 11:19   Link #994
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Silbern Kreuz is German for "Silver Cross", though the grammar is off. Should be "Silbernes Kreuz" 'cuz Kreuz is neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Cypha: "So...uh, sorry for the whole 'impaling you with a big-but-totally-not-phallic sword right in the uterus' thing"
Signum: "Don't worry. People here rarely use that, anyway.
*suddenly imagines Signum and Cypha's love child* Must... not... succumb to... crack...

Quote:
Engage Suit--->Suit she use to engage--->suit she use for reacting--->her birthday suit?
Engage suit --> wedding dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Asymmetric zettai ryouiki seems to be the official Belkan Magical Tome uniform.
Old 2011-03-01, 12:11   Link #995
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It actually looks pretty good, i like her uhm ..."battle weeding dess" looks like a mix of Zwei and Nanoha's designs.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-01, 12:37   Link #996
Justin_Brett

Even showing off her armor, she adopts a very passive pose.

If she can use magic, that might lead credence to my 'Veyron is a human Divider/Reactor' theory.
Old 2011-03-01, 13:39   Link #997
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably now Lily will have something to do with Tohma recovering self-control. So, Tohma can now control his powers, now what?

If that's the case, i expect some sort of handicap for Tohma because right now he's arguably a lot more powerfull than the villains themselves(save for Karen probably). Probably with his attitude of "no killing" his powers will start to weaken. Or maybe Karen nows a method to fight him. Well, still waiting to the gang up on Tohma xD.

Now THAT'S how you defeat a Huckebein xD! ...i knew it! let's go girls, gang up on them! xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-01, 14:49   Link #998
Justin_Brett

Or he'll have something like Hayate's case.
Old 2011-03-01, 15:06   Link #999
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It actually looks pretty good, i like her uhm ..."battle weeding dess" looks like a mix of Zwei and Nanoha's designs.
I am pretty sure you've made a typo there but it sure as hell made me imagine a scene where Lily pacifies the berserk Thoma by handing him a huge joint while humming "Don't Worry, Be Happy". *ruuuuuuunz*

Quote:
Even showing off her armor, she adopts a very passive pose.
Some girls' appeal is their perfect natural submissiveness. ^^

Quote:
Or he'll have something like Hayate's case.
I think Lily's dress is a less-than-subtle hint that she functions pretty much like a Unison Device to her Driver...
Old 2011-03-01, 19:44   Link #1000
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
She's pretty.

Mages sure love their puffy shoulders and battle skirts/tails/buttcapes. Looks like the blue/silver sideboob protectors are actually a separate piece? Wonder what the dangly pair of thingamajiggers at the front do.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force