AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-18, 18:31   Link #1
mistypaw

Hana no ko Lunlun?

So I've been looking all over for a English subbed or dubbed version of this anime. I watched it back as a kid and loved it! Does anyone know if any group has fansubed it? Or might be willing to? I was going to propose it to the group that did Candy Candy (Denjin Anime Fansubs?) since they're similar types of anime, but I can't find them. Here's some info about the anime, and if anyone can point me to any useful info towards that, I'd really appreciate it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_no_Ko_Lunlun
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1390
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSV8el59XUc (in Japanese)
Old 2008-08-21, 05:21   Link #2
Meirin
Locked Girl

Never did I ever expect to see a Lunlun thread on animesuki! This is the wrong forum for it, however, as this series has finished airing many decades ago. This thread should be moved to General Anime instead.

Well, Hana no Ko Lunlun was the first anime I ever watched (at age 3) and is still one of my absolute favourites. As far as I know there are no English fansubs in existence, although many Asian and Mainland Europe countries have their own dubbed versions. It would be wonderful if a group would pick this series up, but Denjin Anime Fansubs seems to be fairly inactive lately. Perhaps other groups that concentrate on classic shoujo anime would be interested, for example Honobono. Lunlun was released on DVD a while ago so high quality raws would be easily available.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:09   Link #3
mistypaw

The reason I choose this forum was because the subtext said "Forum for discussing anime that haven't aired yet or haven't been fansubbed yet." But if it is incorrect, a mod is welcome to put it where it's more appropriate.

Yeah, I made this thread in hopes of stirring up interest. There was an English dub when I was a baby, because I watched a little bit of the Japanese episode I linked to and i defiantly remember seeing it. I think either this or Candy Candy (which I was able to find a subbed youtube channel and a dvd of!) were probably my first anime ever. Not that i even knew what anime was back then! lol.

I'm also currently watching Akage No An and Emma, as they're in a similar vein.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:10   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirin View Post
This is the wrong forum for it, however, as this series has finished airing many decades ago. This thread should be moved to General Anime instead.
No, have a read of the Unaired forum description.

Forum for discussing anime that haven't aired yet or haven't been fansubbed yet.

The General Anime is no longer used for such threads, the correct place is in fact Unaired since the series has yet to be fansubbed.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:53   Link #5
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The General Anime is no longer used for such threads, the correct place is in fact Unaired since the series has yet to be fansubbed.
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistypaw View Post
I think either this or Candy Candy (which I was able to find a subbed youtube channel and a dvd of!)...

I'm also currently watching Akage No An and Emma, as they're in a similar vein.
Could you please pm me the url of that youtube channel? I don't think I've come across it before. Akage no An is a lovely series. I really wish more World Masterpiece Theatre shows would be subbed.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:57   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirin View Post
Could you please pm me the url of that youtube channel? I don't think I've come across it before. Akage no An is a lovely series. I really wish more World Masterpiece Theatre shows would be subbed.
Can I suggest that you use a PM for such requests because posting in this thread about other series is rather off-topic. I'll reply to your question via PM otherwise it will take the thread further off-topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistypaw View Post
if anyone can point me to any useful info towards that, I'd really appreciate it!
The AniDB entry seems to imply there hasn't been an English fansub.
Old 2008-08-21, 07:08   Link #7
mistypaw

I sent you the link to whitekurin's Candy Candy channel over PM.
I have emailed Honobono politly asking if they might be interested... I hope it's ok!

I would seriously anyone who picks up this project.
Old 2008-08-21, 07:12   Link #8
mistypaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The AniDB entry seems to imply there hasn't been an English fansub.
I remember reading somewhere that the AniDB isn't always accurate with that, so I wasn't 100% sure, but it does seem to be the case.
Closed Thread