AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 36.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 06:56   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Spice and Wolf II - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Spice and Wolf II, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-09-09, 21:11   Link #2
Rawrs

Can't wait for this one. I might just stay up all night waiting for the sub to be released!

I expect Abe was not bluffing in ep 9 though, and Lawrence is going to find himself in another 'could lose Horo' situation.

Let's hope he learned from the last mistake, though for some reason I'm anxious about this one. I have a feeling he's going to be fooled into it some way, or see a supposedly low-risk money-making opportunity that will end up going bad in ways we could not even dream of.

Lawrence will be Lawrence...
Old 2009-09-09, 22:32   Link #3
BashZeStampeedo

I am wondering whether Horo's going to have to fight for Lawrence for a change, because it's quite possible that Abe's going to take a serious shining to him. After all, he's got a girl like Horo, and many women see a guy that's potentially in a relationship as very attractive
Old 2009-09-09, 22:43   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The usual slow-moving story and just a bunch of conversations...
I guess it helped that the bartender girl got a reappearance though........

Still...
A few faces were bad last episode...
It was just plain bad this episode... (;o_o) Wonder if the budget for the animation is running out...
From the title, the next episode looks very slow too... Looking forward to the animation.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-10, 02:29   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mazui Subs have been out for a while.

Why are you defensive now, Horo asks. The answer is obvious at this point: Lawrence, after seeing what has happened in the previous debacle with Amati, knows that there are things you cann afford to gamble and thinks you will try to protect at all costs. However as Horo continues to say, there's obviously still that gap of trust between them. Horo was willing enough to risk herself for him during the worst of times but he still can't trust her enough. During the Amati problem he was so gung-ho that he didn't trust Horo enough. Now he's so cautious to take the fur trade deal to again trust Horo enough. At least with Horo's words at the end of that discussion he gathered enough balls to go along with the plan.

The barmaid made a pretty nice and spot-on analogy about Lawrence and probably men in general. I don't remember why but it's actually true.

"I'll take care of you when you breathe your last."

So... uh... am I the only one who thought there was a bad omen about what she said that moment?

Horo and Lawrence's conversations at the latter half of the episode was a joy to listen to, and it's onvious that both of them smell trouble brewing. Whether Abe is an ally or an enemy remains to be seen.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-09-10 at 05:54.
Old 2009-09-10, 05:50   Link #6
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

How much money does it cost per episode?
Old 2009-09-10, 05:55   Link #7
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Depends really. If episode has many still shots then it costs less if it is so action filled that require many drawings per second it becomes really costy.
Old 2009-09-10, 08:09   Link #8
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hoho looks like horo is going to be sold after all. I bid 25% of my fortune to be cuddled by her fur daily. lol

Looks like something will go wrong after all. My bets is that abe will take the $$ and run before the bishop comes after her for something that have gone horribly wrong.
Old 2009-09-10, 08:27   Link #9
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Where's Abe Lincoln when you need him?

This has to rank among the dumber plans ever devised. Honestly right about the part where "sell" + "Horo" entered the plan, Lawrence should have pimp slapped Abe and moved on. Jesus, he openly says if this fails, she winds up sold off to someone god knows where... I thought he learned this lesson already.

At least Horo can just giant wolf her way out of it when Lawrence inevitably fucks up. But at that point, I'd seriously consider biting the twat in half.

On a not so enraged note, it was nice to hear Horo say she'd take care of him until his last breath!
Old 2009-09-10, 09:12   Link #10
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Looks like something will go wrong after all. My bets is that abe will take the $$ and run before the bishop comes after her for something that have gone horribly wrong.
Yeah, Lawrence really is going to lose everything he has for Horo. Abe's clearly setting Lawrence up so he'll be forced to buy Horo back, and then she can run off with the money.

The question is what the heck Horo is up to. She knows Lawrence has the money he needs to open a shop of his own in due time. She knows he's hesitant to take such a big gamble when he can afford to play it safe (for the first time in his life).
Yet she pushes him into a really risky deal where he could lose everything he has.

After spending so much time molding him into a responsible partner, Horo is telling Lawrence to behave like he did when they first met. If she's trying to cool their relationship, she's seriously underestimating how much he loves her. If she's still just testing how far he'll go for her, I think she's going to finally get her answer soon (and it will probably put her into an even worse emotional condition).
Old 2009-09-10, 09:28   Link #11
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I think Horo was implying the nervousness and and anxiety Lawrence felt with Horo when they first met; the 'freshness' of their relationship that had contained more excitement. For some lovers, the love tend to cool down a bit after the initial fury of love, though Horo and Lawrence weren't really lovers in the beginning.

Anyhow, let us enjoy the troubles they get into, and how once again Horo saves Lawrence's arse
Old 2009-09-10, 10:33   Link #12
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I think Horo was implying the nervousness and and anxiety Lawrence felt with Horo when they first met; the 'freshness' of their relationship that had contained more excitement. For some lovers, the love tend to cool down a bit after the initial fury of love, though Horo and Lawrence weren't really lovers in the beginning.

Anyhow, let us enjoy the troubles they get into, and how once again Horo saves Lawrence's arse
Hmm.. I didn't get that impression at all.. true, he was always nervous around her, but when it came to business he always took the initiative and had utmost confidence (even when it was stupidly risky). It felt more to me like he, for the first time, was openly treating her like a partner and asking for her advice, and she made him put on the big daddy pants and decide on his own.

The only real guess I have for her doing this is to get him to start getting used to being on his own again (to keep relying on his own wits). Because if she really wanted him to treat her like a partner, he was doing it. Thus, I don't read it as "pining for passion lost", but more like "passion being avoided".

I've probably just gone and read too far into things again I sure wish volume 5 of the novels was translated..

It will certainly be interesting to see how Horo "saves him", because I get the feeling that this story with Abe is going to drag out for another season (or two).
Old 2009-09-10, 12:48   Link #13
HandofFate

arghh...this plan is going to explode in Lawrence's faces.
Abe should pawn herself..

Barmaid conversation was great, especially about the scent of another women on lawrence.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:04   Link #14
Mr. Anime

hmmm... i get the feeling that its horo this time who will mess up, lawrence wouldnt have agreed to do business with abe if she hadnt told him to do so. somehow this time it felt like horo was more distant to lawrence than usual, maybe she rly wants them to part ways soon
Old 2009-09-10, 14:01   Link #15
BashZeStampeedo

Yeah, this plot practically writes itself in my mind, and I hope I'm completely wrong because then I'll probably be bored. The only wildcard to me is "old man" Howard.

It's sad to see Horo push Lawrence away now that they are so comfortable with one another. If only she could get over her fear of commitment. It seems Lawrence will have to make the move after all, and he actually seems comfortable enough to make that kind of move soon. The way the plot seems to be headed, probably very soon. I just wonder whether Horo will forcefully reject him, or whether she'll be vague and unfair about it.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:43   Link #16
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That trembling hand... Sign of a double cross?

What I wonder is, how does Abe's salt enter into this?
Old 2009-09-10, 15:41   Link #17
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That trembling hand... Sign of a double cross?

What I wonder is, how does Abe's salt enter into this?
My guess is, and that's just a guess, is that Abe's "Stone" statues are actually made of salt, and that she and the bishop have been smuggling salt as statues for some time. My guess is that this last time she tried to pawn off some low grade salt, and either the bishop picked up on it, or one of their customers did and the bishop HAD to sever the ties with her.

Now, has Lawrence figured this out and also figured out a way to make the plot blow up in his favor? That's the interesting question to me.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:47   Link #18
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
My guess is, and that's just a guess, is that Abe's "Stone" statues are actually made of salt, and that she and the bishop have been smuggling salt as statues for some time. My guess is that this last time she tried to pawn off some low grade salt, and either the bishop picked up on it, or one of their customers did and the bishop HAD to sever the ties with her.

Now, has Lawrence figured this out and also figured out a way to make the plot blow up in his favor? That's the interesting question to me.
my guess was that she was nervous on if Lawrence was going to take the deal or not.
Seemed like the deal was a all-or-nothing for her and she was staking everythign she had on it.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:52   Link #19
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Unless they're smuggling the salt out the harbor, it doesn't make too much sense. It's easy to get salt from salt water after all! Maybe there's a tariff they're dodging or something.

But seriously, Abe's proposal is about as legit as the creepy old man who parks his van outside playgrounds and offers candy to the children. Horo should have picked up on something by now too. I just REALLY don't want to see this become "Horo's ghastly mistake!" because it defeats her being the 600 year old SAGE WISE wolf... It's GOOD that she can smell these problems a mile away and its GOOD that she can out think them, I don't want to see her playing damsel in distress unless its on her terms to start with.

Lawrence sure is a top notch merchant though! Abandoning all human decency to make some profit... YOU DO NOT SELL YOUR TRAVELING COMPANION FOR CAPITAL. EVER. NO IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT SHE SAID ITS OKAY.

Blargh! I'm going to lose it waiting a week to see what happens.
Old 2009-09-10, 16:17   Link #20
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Lawrence sure is a top notch merchant though! Abandoning all human decency to make some profit... YOU DO NOT SELL YOUR TRAVELING COMPANION FOR CAPITAL. EVER. NO IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT SHE SAID ITS OKAY.
He clearly didn't want to. But she spent the whole episode persuading him to do it. He gave her every chance to give him a sign that she didn't want to, but she clearly did. She did everything short of saying "sell me, you f'ing moron". We all know he can't match her, and will have to say "fine, let's do it". It's like when an alpha wolf says hunt, the lower ranks hunt

At least they made their peace this time. He told her she could rely on him to pay back the loan in the worst case, and she told him that she trusted him to do so. He is apprehensive about it all the way to the end, though, so if you want to be mad at him, be mad at him for ignoring his instincts, not for letting Horo pressure him into it. He's gone from having too little faith in her to having too much faith in her.
Closed Thread