Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 10:54   Link #2101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
because if what it is trying to build up to falls through at the end, that is anti-climatic.
Heh~ Then it is, after all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 11:50   Link #2102
Seihai
スマイリウム

I never knew you could consider an obligatory fanservice episode (be it last or first) to have a climax of any importance to begin with. Wasn't the climax of the main story part already last episode anyway? This is more like a bonus imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It felt more like a genuine harem anime at this point, rather than a wacky comedy.
Because it is in fact both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 12:
Yeah, pretty nice (funny) implication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
hmm... Yu's words have the power to become reality (Ayumu you are a god for how you inadvertantly used this!) What if she was to tell herself to have complete control of her powers?
I don't think that would work. And if it did, it probably wouldn't last long.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:06   Link #2103
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Because it is in fact both?
And I didn't think it felt like that this episode.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:11   Link #2104
AnimeFan188

I thought that the King Of The night was just an immaterial spirit that possessed
people.

Does that mean that the guy he was possessing in Ep. 11 dissolved when the KOTN
did?

BTW, whatever happened to Kyoko? Haven't seen her since the fight in the
graveyard. Did Dai-sensei ever get her pupil back?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:18   Link #2105
Yusei Fudo
Banned

I never thought another episode would come out this week O_o

Also I am guessing all the songs from this episodes will come out in character song albums
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:22   Link #2106
AzureWrath

If you guys are really that mad about something like this, just think of it as an 11 episode series and that the 12th episode was an OVA. Done.

I knew that I came into this series not expecting anything from the plot. I assumed it was just there to be entertaining. I found it so...especially this episode. To me, it was what I watched Zombie for --- random unique humor with random service.
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:28   Link #2107
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

talking about ova. if its not swimsuit episode,. then what?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:38   Link #2108
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
I thought that the King Of The night was just an immaterial spirit that possessed
people.

Does that mean that the guy he was possessing in Ep. 11 dissolved when the KOTN
did?

No that was his real body. She told him to disappear but I guess since his body is immortal he ended up coming back together
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:45   Link #2109
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
OK, just watched the last episode... and whatever criticism I had for the second half of the show, only this one episode made me forget all about it. Let's start, characterization is just perfect, they managed to flesh out the main four characters perfectly, and still fit in the secondary ones (sorry, Tomonori fanboys/gilrs, but Sera, as well as Haruna X Yuu just rule)

Now, the one main arguments I read is that they could use this episode for the second arc... that's plainly stupid sorry, but 20 minutes wouldn't save the train-wreck that ended up being the storytelling during the second arc. They compressed double the material in half the duration, 20 minutes wouldn't make any noticable difference

Then there is this reputable group that immediately shuts down his brain when they see panties, swimsuits, etc. Just grow up already, fan-service and story are two completely different things, only kids in puberty confuse them

Anyway, talking about fan-service, that photo wallpaper near the end, reminds me that whatever Sera wears makes it look good...

Spoiler for size:

... and despite net-idol Kira, still Sera is...

Anyway, WTF was with Haruna's song? that's what japanese think of death metal maybe they should at least try attend a live performance of one of their bands (blood stained child, or gallhammer would do, though the later play raw old-school black, instead of death, but it will do for 'em)... then again it's not like europeans or americans have a more accurate image

PS: nice penguins

PS2: what happened to that blond guy from school, up until this episode I was waiting for a NTR-twist
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:50   Link #2110
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
If you guys are really that mad about something like this, just think of it as an 11 episode series and that the 12th episode was an OVA. Done.
It SHOULDN'T be that way though. If they want to include a bonus episode with service, it shouldn't be in the main episode lineup. They were given a 12 episode limit and they SHOULD use that limit as best as they can to flesh out the plot and characters more.

I envy you people sometimes, being able to accept crap like this episode with open arms. I have no idea how you guys find it entertaining but hey, power to ya.~
Old 2011-03-30, 12:55   Link #2111
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It SHOULDN'T be that way though. If they want to include a bonus episode with service, it shouldn't be in the main episode lineup. They were given a 12 episode limit and they SHOULD use that limit as best as they can to flesh out the plot and characters more.
WHY You now just stating an opinion, does not make it true

Quote:
I envy you people sometimes, being able to accept crap like this episode with open arms. I have no idea how you guys find it entertaining but hey, power to ya.~
Refer to my post above

Unfortunately, it's this kind of mindset that make poser shows popular
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 13:07   Link #2112
AzureWrath

Quote:

Like I said before, I expect different things from different shows. I had no expectations for a deep, meaningful plot from Zombie. I at best hoped it was coherent. It was to an extent (even I've mentioned a few pages back about how some plot holes were too big to stomach IE Sera's music desu ex machina).

Now I just finished watching Higurashi too. That was an anime I expected a well thought out plot from. It was a show that I fully wanted an enveloping plot delivered --- and it did. I was thoughtfully entertained in a different way than the entertainment I got from Zombie.

You know what though? Even Higurashi had episodes that concentrated on fleshing out the characters and -minor- service (thinking Rena and Hanyuu atm). Higurashi had around 50 episodes to do that. Zombie had 12. I can let them off with a few corners cut in Zombie.

I mean, watching the show would be much less interesting if we don't get to know the characters some. Some episodes have to be spent fleshing out the characters. Zombie just choose to do that in the last episode so they could also tell us more about Saras. Again, if you really wanted, this episode could have been put in the middle (minus the Saras and Chris intro) and you could have had KotN be episode 12. Or just consider it the obligatory beach OVA.
Old 2011-03-30, 13:12   Link #2113
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Especially after KotN incident did she lose her purpose. She either just went under or if we assume the more logical course, Dai-sensei was able to retrieve her and she has to undergo a disciplinary punishment of some kind.

But yeah, pretty sad we didn't get another look at her mighty plots and adorable face. Maybe she'll appear in that mentioned OVA. At the very least I can say that if we will get more Korezom, she will also reappear one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
Also I am guessing all the songs from this episodes will come out in character song albums
Either that or those songs are part of the insert song CD that is confirmed to get released in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
PS2: what happened to that blond guy from school, up until this episode I was waiting for a NTR-twist
Cool looking characters don't always play a big role, but I know what you mean. The same goes for twintail-chan... she is just a classmate for eye-candy but there's no other purpose for her besides that. Being Tomonori's friend and maybe in love with Ayumu don't change that purpose either.
Old 2011-03-30, 13:29   Link #2114
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
WHY You now just stating an opinion, does not make it true
Because plot, characters, emotional impact and world depth are what make a story good, not service nor songs. If you want to have a mixed bag, then the important things take prevalence. Fan-service DOES NOT contribute to the story or world the story is set in, and songs are only good to have when the story is a musical and are actually entertaining.

Even if 20 minutes more didn't make a difference, I'd be better to at least TRY to implement more rather than create some service episode and assume everyone who's watches it to appreciate it when in actuality it doesn't make the series any better.

If you like that kind of stuff, that's perfectly fine. But If the creators expect everyone to like it then they're just fooling themselves.
Old 2011-03-30, 13:29   Link #2115
AzureWrath

Kyoko shows up again if you read through the LN spoillers.
Old 2011-03-30, 13:37   Link #2116
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Because plot, characters, emotional impact and world depth are what make a story good, not service nor songs. If you want to have a mixed bag, then the important things take prevalence. Fan-service DOES NOT contribute to the story or world the story is set in, and songs are only good to have when the story is a musical and are actually entertaining.

Even if 20 minutes more didn't make a difference, I'd be better to at least TRY to implement more rather than create some service episode and assume everyone who's watches it to appreciate it when in actuality it doesn't make the series any better.

If you like that kind of stuff, that's perfectly fine. But If the creators expect everyone to like it then they're just fooling themselves.
I kind of second the notion that this ep 12 should have been the bonus ep in may. We could have used this ep to flesh out more about the KOTN.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 13:38   Link #2117
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Like I said before, I expect different things from different shows. I had no expectations for a deep, meaningful plot from Zombie. I at best hoped it was coherent. It was to an extent (even I've mentioned a few pages back about how some plot holes were too big to stomach IE Sera's music desu ex machina).
It's kind of hard to consider something like that a plot hole when especially delicious ramen can also kill megalos. The series is really too weird to expect normal anime solutions to problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I kind of second the notion that this ep 12 should have been the bonus ep in may. We could have used this ep to flesh out more about the KOTN.
What else is there to flesh out? He basically just served as development for Yuu and Ayumu's relationship. He was Yuu's first zombie she created and after a long time alive he got tired of it and attempted to do things that would distress Yuu enough to kill him but apparently her first attempt didn't stick or that might have been on purpose.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 13:42   Link #2118
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Either that or those songs are part of the insert song CD that is confirmed to get released in April.
This is the answer. I haven't seen the episode yet (I prefer the legal route whenever it's available, even if that means waiting a week), but now it's suddenly clear what the insert song album was for.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 13:45   Link #2119
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:

You're mostly right but it all depends on how closely you want to follow (analyze) the series. Some watch for fanservice, some for action, some for plot, some for a mix of those things. Some don't care about details and then other ones really take note at even few frames (like the penguins that were shown). After that comes your very opinion which is generally fine in my books.

Well, if they did try to implement something meaningful and it didn't make any difference, that would be an actual failure, no? I think that's worse than an intended fanservice episode. Besides, such episodes have become obligatory nowadays so this is nothing new. The questionable thing would be the placement as the last episode, but I guess it works for most according to the posts here.

And the "some people won't like it" is always a given so the staff merely tries to go for the way that pleases more people than less. A more radical example would be Highschool of the Dead when the director explicitly stated that most people would watch it for the boobs so he made the jiggling extra noticable and all. The disturbing thing is that he said that before the series actually aired / ended. That's where you could say that he was just fooling himself, in a way.
Old 2011-03-30, 13:59   Link #2120
AzureWrath

Well there are plot holes like the maid musical, and then there are things that you just have to kinda accept. In any kind of story, the author must take a few liberties that the read must accept. One of my teachers in college told me something like this...

"Every reader must be willing to accept the first leap into a story. If the author makes you do it again though, then you have to question the material."

I think it means that we must accept some premises about the way the world of the story works. In Zombie, the leap would be believing that there are necromancers, zombies, vampire ninjas, and masou shoujos. That was the first leap. If you discredit the work for making you believe in this world that they are in, then it is solely your fault for not liking the story. You denied it from the start. That is why I can accept that there are people who fight megalos with ramen and that Ayumu can get blown up w/o any real damage.

Now the second leap that I consider more of a plot hole/ desu ex machina is when the story excessively used its magical basis for a convenient plot device. Literally, the maid vampire ninja symphony that could defeat hundreds of megalos while also giving Sera a way back into the vampire ninja community was just too much of a leap to take. That was just pure desu ex machina which I think is lazy writing.

Anyway, moral of the story? You get as much as you expect. Just have fun with some shows and take it lightly. If you wish for a compelling story, then do research and find one. I know I've read 1984 and Art of War several times just for fun.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen