AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 51 48.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 12.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-18, 17:47   Link #41
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

This episode was awesome, the Takano part caught me by surprise lol, who thought she would be like THAT

Man i need to read some TIPS now, held it off for too long
Old 2007-08-18, 17:59   Link #42
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I do feel i did hear "keiichi-seme to Ooishi-uke".
i don't even think fangirls would like THIS either... maybe keiichi and satoshi, but THIS
I can SO picture Ooishi going "Yaranaika?"
Old 2007-08-18, 19:27   Link #43
Nics

This episode was FANTASTIC!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-18, 19:32   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This episode had me very excited just from the title "How to change destiny" of course i gave it a 10.

I was amazed at how much changed in short amount of time. Instead of only Keiichi remembering the past they all did this time in the form of dreams. Whats more surprising was it was very simple to change course. Each person talked to another person about what they had experienced therefore changing destiny. It makes sense in all the other past worlds none them talked about whats was bothering them the end result being each one eventually killed someone. In my opinion the disasters that involve Keiichi, Mion, Shion, Rena and Satoko have been resolved i see no other way for them to repeat the past.

But there are always wildcards and unanswered questions. The big one being why is Rika killed and who does it. Rika was smart to remember that her death always comes after Watanagashi festival and always after Takano and Tomitake enter the shrine. I see Rika reasoning for letting them in the only way to get them to agree with her plan was too let them into the shrine. ITs still curse worthy but lets say both of them are protected till at least the next day that alone changes destiny since they did die on the night of the festival. Their fate being changed may change Rika's fate as well. The key is them actual doing what they promised. Rika cant watch them since she has to preform the blessing at the festival she can only trust their words. The biggest surprise was seeing that in this world Akasaka actually took Rikas warning and went back to Tokyo and prevented his wifes death. To me that is the final sign that this is the most opportune time for Rika to act. This final clue is what i believed made up Rikas mind to be determined that and the fact that she tested her protection status.

In the end i agree with Rika there will most likely never be a better chance to change things then in the current world. All of Rikas friends remembering the past has never happened before and honestly i doubt it would ever happen again. My theory is the reason why Rika failed in all the other worlds is because she had to wait for this particular world to change things forever. In other words all the other worlds she could not have changed things no matter how hard she tried its a game of patience. Im glad to see that she has new found determination to stop the killings and the ultimate fate of Hinamizawa to be changed. Unfortunetly there are always unknows and events that no one could predict. Im hopeful for the future since i think all parties deserve to live. But with a story like Higurashi iv learned that the slightest hope can turn into despair very quickly, especially when the MIG appear.
Old 2007-08-18, 19:50   Link #45
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Great episode. For an episode that mostly only served the purpose of setting up the pieces for future eps, that was really enthralling. Akasaka's return and Takano moe were the highlights of the ep (Hanyuu's not the only one who doesn't know what to think of her now). I'm a bit iffy on K1, Rena and Shion all remembering their alternate selves coincidentally and simultaneously, but I do forgive the scene since it shows obvious character development, in the respect that they've learnt lessons from their previous experiences... even if they did take place in different universes. Overall, just an incredibly well crafted episode.

I think a lot of people are underestimating this Kon Chiaki. Higurashi is apparently his directional debut, but, if that's anything to go by, he clearly knows what he's doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler:
And, as a result, some janitor dies. Let's all mourn the janitor and his noble sacrifice.
Old 2007-08-18, 19:55   Link #46
Kazuki_Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
And, as a result, some janitor dies. Let's all mourn the janitor and his noble sacrifice.
Actually, the janitor survives if you look closely before the flashback ends.
Old 2007-08-18, 19:56   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Surprised to see Akasaka around. But it's a pretty good sign to have him around just to help add here. Amazing that things that happened before Rika arrived are changed. This time he took her advice and went back to save his wife. Though that does mean that he missed the plea for help right?
This is undoubtly correct: It appears Akasaka didn't get back at Hinamizawa. If he happened to have listened her plea in the past, he wouldn't be coming here, like a tourist (which he does ^^")

The good thing is he definitely belives her, so Rika can "use" him as a trumpcard.

Quote:
Anyways I just wonder what the heck Hanyuu wants Rika to do. Just sit around and wait for her demise? If she has no faith they can do anything why bother bringing Rika back over and over again? Just seems like Rika is actively now trying to do something to fight against fate and Hanyuu isn't contributing. Of course with this not being the last arc they won't succeed but I doubt they know that . If they are going to do anything they've got to try and optimism will help drive her forward to keep pushing.
I believe Hanyuu has a certain sense of perception and worry, since she was Rika's sole companion in this loop of hell.
I don't think Hanyuu would like to keeps things idle, but on the other hand, she is right for one thing: Rika is absurdly confident, even overconfident.
While it isn't a disadvantage itself, Rika must understand she has to keep her feet on the ground, and use the situation in her profit, and not beginning to go reckless.
I believe things would go smoother, if Rika kept her sense of danger/alert active, trying more likely to get HELP from everyone else. She is too confident with the "easy" cards, and didn't even pull other options (Keiichi and the others. Simply put she just wanted to prevent tragedies, but didn't bother to share the burden with everyone else. this is ironic, considering what Keiichi, Rena and Shion did in this episode)

Of course things are extremely optimist, and if we take rika's place, i believe most -if not everyone- will react like her. But Hanyuu, despite being the gloomy "eyesore" here might be the wise voice, ironically :x

well then... finally got my brain to do the analysis.
trust me, it was a pain ~~'
Episode 7 : Analysis, thoughts and random comments
in bonus in this entry : MOE Takano, Game version!
Old 2007-08-18, 19:58   Link #48
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Great episode. [/spoiler]And, as a result, some janitor dies. Let's all mourn the janitor and his noble sacrifice.
The Janitor did die take a look at this. The janitor is sitting up at the bottom of the steps.
[
Spoiler for Saving Space:
Old 2007-08-18, 20:03   Link #49
Echoes

Quote:
Made me laugh out loud, thanks, I needed that. ^^
Old 2007-08-18, 20:06   Link #50
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableLogic View Post
Yamainu. Discuss.
Speaking as someone who doesn't know that many spoilers, they obviously aren't literally mountain dogs, and are presumably the guys in green.
Old 2007-08-18, 21:03   Link #51
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I think the only explanation for Akasaka's wife not being dead is that by episode 15 and The Great Hinamizawa Disaster Hanyuu's powers were a lot stronger so she was able get Rika back in a time at a point before 1978. It's a bit weird that he doesn't appear in the other arcs but then again the main issue in the beginning of this arc is the newfound hope caused by "miracles" so Akasaka deciding on a whim to go on a vacation in Hinamizawa is hardly more likely to happen than Shion, Keiichi and Rena all remembering fragments of other word events. I read Kashikari's analysis but I am not convinced that the "time-jump" can change events further in the past. If it could shouldn't in some of the worlds K1 or Rena not come to live in Hinamizawa for instance?

And as mentioned in the analysis, Irie seems willing to believe that Rika suffers from paranoia which seems to point very strongly indeed that the disease of her and Satoko has to with paranoia and probably with cutting one's own throat as an end result.

Old 2007-08-18, 21:36   Link #52
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
well then... finally got my brain to do the analysis.
trust me, it was a pain ~~'
Episode 7 : Analysis, thoughts and random comments
in bonus in this entry : MOE Takano, Game version!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...i1/34Moe06.jpg

Was "moe" even a word in the otaku vernacular back in 1983?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The Janitor did die take a look at this. The janitor is sitting up at the bottom of the steps.
[
Spoiler for Saving Space:
... Damn.
Old 2007-08-18, 22:28   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh well the Janitor still did take a tumble which undoubtedly hurt a bit. So I guess we can still mourn...his sore rear?

Didn't mean to be harsh on Hanyuu and I can understand her viewpoint on this. After all if it does go bad then Rika will of course be really broken up with disappointment. But I think the example she got from Keiichi if you don't go at fate with confidence and the mindset that you can change it you won't be able to change things. I'm sure that if I was in Rika's position being human it's hard not to get caught up in being confident. Don't know maybe I was just looking for a bit of hope coming from Hanyuu for her companion in this spiral of doom. If she knows something specific about things going bad it might not hurt to voice that.

But guess in the end she is trying to be a balance in keeping Rika from going too far in one direction or the other. Probably would be best to attack this thing from a more moderate or cautious optimism point of view. Now just to figure out how things will proceed. Since Rika won't have a chance to steel herself for disappointment I'll try to keep in that mindset until things go down bad.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-08-18 at 22:48.
Old 2007-08-19, 03:59   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...i1/34Moe06.jpg

Was "moe" even a word in the otaku vernacular back in 1983?
Probably not. The thing is: the game is filled with various anachronism on purpose (various terms and trademarks on several comedic scenes like this one, i.e : mention of card captor sakura, etc XD)
Old 2007-08-19, 09:11   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've laughed at Ooshi before, though nothing compares to his APPEARANCE OUT OF NOWHERE in this episode --- brilliant.
Old 2007-08-19, 11:34   Link #56
BakaOnna

Another excellent episode. DEEN is steamrolling this new season.

Wow... I never imaged that Takano could be so bubbly. And the Shion/Sakoto moment was so sweet.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:33   Link #57
Deathwing
what do i know

awesome episode i can't wait to see whats to come in this arc (i haven't played the games or read the spoilers of whats to come so im really in suspense) things seem to be lining up to help rika win against her fate this time but with a name like massacre arc and the series only halfway through i don't think this one will be a happy ending. On the other hand she won't have a chance like this again with everyone remembering their past a chance like this won't happen again.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:45   Link #58
ThreadsofFate
Banned

It could just be a massacre of the Rules..? >_>
Old 2007-08-19, 14:52   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not really, since the etymology of the word explicitely mean "humans being salughtered" ^^" (both if we translate litteraly "Minagoroshi" or the meaning of the english word)

also, we are only at the third way, not exactly half way of the series. many more things left ^^
Old 2007-08-19, 14:54   Link #60
ThreadsofFate
Banned

It was a joke.-.-; And besides, it's an anime. "Massacre" doesn't have to mean humans, not that it does in everyday talk either.
Closed Thread