AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 22:38   Link #181
Undertaker

The announcement seems to be on whether or not she will participate in the upcoming election. The article only mentions that she "might" touch on the graduation.

I don't think it's about her graduation consider the date of TD hasn't even been set yet.

In the mean time, base on some of the new I'm hearing in Chinese circle, Aachan is perferring to have her graguation held in the theater. So the rumor/speculation that's around now is that her graduation might not be until end of the year, either in the anniversary performance, Christmas, or New Year. Since she already stated that her graduation won't be until after TD concert and TD concert probably won't happen until August at earliest and other the her birthday (which would already be passed in July) those three events are biggest for the theater.

Some of the articles from sites on Aachan expressing preference to graduate in AKB48 Theater.

http://b.pic.to/1htewx
Old 2012-04-03, 22:44   Link #182
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Some of the articles from sites on Aachan expressing preference to graduate in AKB48 Theater.

http://b.pic.to/1htewx
Seems that she wanted it to be symbolic: where she once started at 14, she would like to conclude it there.
Old 2012-04-03, 22:53   Link #183
Undertaker

The preference is not shocking, the question is that the theater only holds 250 max and that's plus the standing room. If they does do that it mean this will be more of an closed graduation and that might not be what the agencies what.

Though I guess they can always goes with stream and link to theaters or G+ like they seem to be doing lately in the past year.

The interesting part is election. If she decide not to enter, the CD sales might get impacted. But if she do decide to enter, it means that the real test and the center competition really won't start until next year for AKB.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:15   Link #184
sa547
*Author

Final and confirmed: Aachan will not participate in the elections.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:19   Link #185
mochichan

Acchan won't participate in the election...
I feel bad for her..throughout the video, she sound like she might start crying..

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Crd. akb48journal

This is AKB48 Team A Maeda Atsuko.
At 25th March, I have anounced graduation at Saitama Super Arena.

Perhaps like you have known, I’m very clumsy and can’t do many things at the same time.
I’m really irritated to myself because of that.
I’ve caused member, staffs, and fans that have supported me to worry and troubled. Even so everyone are really kind. I myself, feels like I’ve always been spoiled.
I have started to think about graduation since long time ago.
I can’t say this to all members. But I’ve talked to Takamina and my members, also get many advice from Akimoto-san.
Just if, I wonder, if the current me is not AKB anymore, what will left of me.
I am really worried.
Receiving record award, getting concert at Tokyo Dome, appearing at Kouhaku Utagassen.
Little by little, steadily, dream that everyone wished has gotten – is getting true.
So thinking about that, I want to move to the next step.
I think members have also think a lot about future.
And for that sake, first of all, having received so many chance in AKB, I have to work hard.
During announcement in front of everyone, just like I said, I’m really anxious.
Perhaps everyone were also worried.

I don’t know if I could stand on my own.

Until now…

Members are there with me.
There was a place to come back named AKB.

But, I have reached this point.
And even so I would like to try it.
I’m really happy if you would like to support me.
During this step, what I wanted to say is, the exact graduation date and what after that haven’t been decided.
This is still the time to discuss it with everyone.
About AKB election.
I will withdraw from it.
I am sorry.
I wanted to say this directly and like this, have given the chance to do so.
Perhaps only a little time left for me as AKB member. When I graduate, I’ll be in your care. I’d be happy if you would like to support me.
And then, more than anything, with me, please support AKB48 a lot.

This is AKB48, Maeda Atsuko.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-04 at 10:46.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:06   Link #186
sa547
*Author

Subtitled variant available:
http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=8798NGDD2KD8

Again, I wish her for the best, as she goes above and beyond. And what a great character of selflessness she is, more than most politicians who do not know shit about humility.

We Filipinos have a word for her character: delicadeza... and by that she's effectively one of those modern-day National Treasures.
Old 2012-04-04, 13:07   Link #187
mochichan

I WANTED TO VOTE FOR ACCHANNNNNN!!!!! ;___;

Well I'm interested in who the Acchan fans votes will go to
I remember people said Yuko won once because Acchan's haters and Yuko fans voted for her but now those fans will vote for their own oshi.
Maybe Takamina? IDK..i feel like Acchan fans would want to support her hubby and AKB leader.
Old 2012-04-05, 13:48   Link #188
sa547
*Author

Okay, here's the current rules for this year's elections.

We have about 240 girls from all teams, with the exception of Aachan, who, as we have known, withdrew her participation from the elections in preparation for her eventual graduation. Also, no media senbatsu this time.

Here's a list of the top contenders and stats (of course, Aachan had to be grayed out):

I'll be expecting the next two under Aachan to go toe-to-toe. This is going to be one tough race, and who knows, there could be a dark horse coming out of nowhere and drop in like a bomb.

Nope, race is the wrong word to describe this year's elections. It's gonna be more like Battle Royale.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-05 at 22:30.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:11   Link #189
mochichan

^
LOL koijyuu XD

Hate the 16 senbatsu. Voting for Takamina and Sayaka. Sayaka have such high chance of dropping off the senbatsu this year ;___;
BTW how do you get the theater ver of the CD? I like the song on there from the Gree CM

YouTube

Btw I hate how the AKB channel approve comments. I feel like I just copy and paste the translation for Acchan's announcement for like 12401248 people and I don't even know if it will get approval <__<
Old 2012-04-05, 23:38   Link #190
Undertaker

Finally, after a whole day of plane I'm in Taiwan though having limited internet.

Obviously I missed the snnouncement. It's an interesting one because from the management side they definitely want Aachan to participate this last election. I think this announcement also represent that Aachan is at least going out on her term and the managemet (AKB48 side not her agency) is at least respectful of that.

This brings back to her graduation performance, it now look very possible she will get her wish for a theater graduation as well. Which could get really interesting in picking up the days.

As for annnouncement itself. She confirms that she did discuss at length with certain member, though I find it interesting she used the word " my memebers". She is obviously not refer to the whole Team A and based on various reaction sh's not even mentiong the Senbatsu Memebers. She is specifically refering to the 6 original (including Mariko) and again shows the strong connection they have between each other.

I really wish her votes would switch Takamina. Not really about the center spot, consider she is usually one of the top 3 featured in singles anyway. But just the symbolic meaning it would've had having the general of the whole 48 army be on top just this once with everything she gone through past year would really mean a lot.

I find it interesting that the picture Sa547 share sperates the top 8 members out and not 7, which gives me a little chuckle.

Though it is interesting that all the top 8 members all manages to perform 20 shows which is pretty impressive considering their sechdule. The ones that don't are one that are active in various fields and not just one or two. But when you breaking everything down, you can get a feel on what the top members and concertrate on.

Of the top 8 it's obvious that Takamina, Yukirin, and Mayuyu are the ones that has less indivisual jobs outside of AKB, so my hope is that for stability reason they are the three that gets the most votes.

On side note,

few days ago I stumble on a Takamina fan page where it details the month in 2010 (or 2009?) where Takamina collapsed after a stage performance and was send to hospital for 2 days due to fatigue. It list the schedule for her entire month and it is scare how busy it was, there is not a day off and considering that they are 10 times more busy than 2 years ago, it incredible how they find times to even sit down.

That just made these girl the more impreessive for me. Everyone of them are literally buring their life away working in hope that they can keep both the 48 train and themselves going. going
Old 2012-04-06, 02:14   Link #191
sa547
*Author

Went over browsing the super-high-res action shots that the (you know what outfit I'm talking about) have accomplished during the DC concert, so damned gorgeous it really beat the other live concert pics.

Re: senbatsu elections - although the veterans Yuko and Yukirin have excellent reps, I see Jurina from SKE as one of those upstarts that's often being mentioned by some wota. My beef with her, however, is that she tends to push herself too hard (as evidenced by her recent absence from a handshaking event and hospital confinement; she's in dire need of time and energy management).

As much as I like Mayuyu for her charms, I still find Takamina preferable as an interim Center as far as leadership and team unity is concerned. Petite? Yes. Recognizable? Yes. Professional? Damn yes! Charismatic and entertaining? Hell yes!

----------
Nearly spat out my drink after reading this from her old archives. O_o

BLACK SWAN?? Wow, considering that I watched this movie (and Perfect Blue) that's the deep end of the pool, ladies.

Happy seeing Aachan in her usual routine yesterday.

----------
OBTW, those in Seattle and checking out Sakura-Con 2012 will get to see:
Quote:
SUNDAY
AKB48 Live-action Behind-the-Scenes documentary [Sub]
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM, Theater 401

Hey, if you like your idols, who are we to judge?

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-06 at 04:09.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:17   Link #192
mochichan

^
why does that last comment on the sakura con announcement bug me.....? Considering lots of people in Japan like AKB...<___<

Anyway TAKAMINA FOR LEADER!!! MIDGET CENTER FTW!
it's better as visual too since she's short XD We can't have Mariko aka Tokyo Tower in the center among the short members lol

Btw how do you get a theater ver? beside...ebay?
I want the song on that copy :\

Also the teams are going to be the ones that will decide on AKB set list for their national concert
This is awesome. Cool to see them getting more active in the process.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-06 at 13:30.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:40   Link #193
mochichan

http://vid48.com/

Undertaker. that Heavy Rotation vid on YT is your channel right?
Can you put this link in the HR description? Your video seem pretty popular so i thought you can help promote this channel more.
maybe say...Go to this site for more AKB48 subbed documentaries, TV shows, and music videos not uploaded no Youtube?

OH BTW! TAKAMINA IS 21!!! <3
http://ameblo.jp/atsuko-maeda/entry-11216898405.html

ATSUMINA LOVE <3
Old 2012-04-14, 05:45   Link #194
Undertaker

Sorry for late replay, as I mentioned, limited connection until I'm back in state late next month. Anyway no, that is not my channel. At least I don't think it is, since I don't remeber uploading any HR video.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:49   Link #195
mochichan

Oh really?
Weird it have the same name as you lol

BTW. For some reason I can't get into Managuu :|

YouTube
Old 2012-04-15, 12:48   Link #196
sa547
*Author

Checking this blog here:
http://pollinic.blogspot.se/2011/07/...verywhere.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zapeipa...073434/sizes/l
Noted that the middle uniform... Hey, looks like the same cut and style from Madoka Magica!

-----------
Forgot reposting this...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...c-guitar-sales
Quote:
In the article, managers at guitar stores state that they have noticed a significant growth in elementary to high school-aged female customers, and that over the past two to three years, sales have been shifting away from high-priced brand-name guitars such as Gibson or Fender USA in favor of cheap beginner models. The article then goes on to credit the broadcast of the K-ON television anime for a boom in demand for electric guitars, and also notes that guitars created by the maker Gretsch have been in high demand after a recent AKB48 music video that features idol group member Atsuko Maeda playing one.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:11   Link #197
mochichan

Jeezus...lmao..................it's like Tokyo48 XD

And Acchan is such a trendsetter :P
BTW anyone saw the JE x AKB drama yet?
The Op with AKB vs JE was so cheesy.....I kinda wanted them fight like Majisuka on the boys tho lol
Old 2012-04-17, 04:40   Link #198
sa547
*Author

Spoiler for Reaction to Wonda "Dream Pairings" CM...:
Old 2012-04-17, 05:42   Link #199
Undertaker

That actually make me cry, it's going to be hard to see pics like that once Aachan graduates. Oh, well, there still hope the two can reunite once they are in their 30-ish, 40s.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:36   Link #200
mochichan

I just noticed...are the ones wearing white the girl in the relationship? XD

BTW~ Anyone read this? What do you think?

http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3696640.html

Personally I don't get what's the writer is going on about with Acchan graduation. Alot of entertainment news like who's having a baby and who's dating who, and who break up with who get front paper news too.

And the part talking about Acchan speech at the senbatsu is so pointless. Every celeb have haters..

And let's not get start on Kpop "self aware sexuality" where they do aegyo like 12 yrs old and sing innocently about "oppa what to do? I'm in love with you. I don't know how to act" ok...

And of course..since i'm a college AKB fangirl..I must not exist because only elementary kids like AKB...
Also these girls don't exist either

Or these

http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=4RKRG977K4S3

yeah....but then again I don't think the Japan Times actually like AKB to begin with..