Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 15:13   Link #41
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Why? Just why?! I hoped KyoAni returned to better staff with Chuu2Byo but they are making another "moeshit for milking" now (((
Aren't they using mostly the same staff they always used for Chuunibyou? Most of the episode directors for the individual episodes were episode directors for their other shows like K-On too.

I'm a little bit excited for this. Just a little bit.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:15   Link #42
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What's that in her hand?
A rice cake, I would assume. She has dango hairclips as well.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:16   Link #43
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What's that in her hand? And why is there a chicken on top of her head?
Looks like an egg to me, which would fit with the chicken and could be a play on the title (tamago=egg). Though why she has two in her hair's another question.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:17   Link #44
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Looks like an egg to me, which would fit with the chicken and could be a play on the title (tamago=egg). Though why she has two in her hair's another question.
It's because she's Tamako!

I might be jumping to conclusions with this, by the way.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:27   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think rice cake is more likely. It's too round to be an egg.
Old 2012-11-28, 15:44   Link #46
Serphirs

Well, in Twitter they mention a もち "Moshi" (rice cake).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 15:45   Link #47
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mochi probably better guess. you can see there is rabbit logo on her cloth. it easy to deduct from her cloth that she own a cake shop

thought i wonder what is on top of her head. probably a chicken. probably her pet.

Last edited by RRW; 2012-11-28 at 15:58.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 16:00   Link #48
kyouray
2D > 3D

I also thought it was an egg with the CM picture but yeah it's too round on the homepage's picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
Well, in Twitter they mention a もち "Moshi" (rice cake).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They're right since the picture displays おもち、つきたて (=fresh rice cake).
Old 2012-11-28, 16:20   Link #49
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Looking forward to it, Staff looks highly promising and I doubt Kyoani would disappoint us anyway. Main girl looks nice as well, what could go wrong?
Old 2012-11-28, 16:49   Link #50
OPN

Kyoani has been on a roll for me for a while so im looking forward to this .
Old 2012-11-28, 16:56   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Mochi is a very common sweet, a glutinous little dumpling made of pounded sweet rice, often with sweet bean paste in the centre. The most widely-sold commercial brand, which you see in Japanese and Chinese stores in North America, is called Daifuku. They are delicious:

(click to enlarge)

I am eager to see any show from KyoAni, but I have to say that K-On was one that I abandoned after a few episodes. Much as I enjoy moe, there just wasn't much there there, for me. And this show is another original from the director and writer that made K-On. Hyouka and Chuunibyou are the KyoAni shows I have liked best since Haruhi I.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:04   Link #52
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

you know i am thinking, what happens if the chicken produce mochi egg?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:21   Link #53
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

It's a good time to be an anime fan.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:57   Link #54
Serphirs

Somebody noticed that suggestive mole in her neck?

Ok, ok. I know what are you thinking. And I agree, trust me. Nothing beats Kumin's mole. But... at least, it's something.
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 17:58   Link #55
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Can anyone translate what the note says when you click on the "postal stamp" icon on the website?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 18:22   Link #56
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Can anyone translate what the note says when you click on the "postal stamp" icon on the website?
It's just a customary message from Yamada saying "Tamako Market has been created. I'm very nervous. I kindly ask that you remember us in the future." Nothing important.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 18:55   Link #57
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I am eager to see any show from KyoAni, but I have to say that K-On was one that I abandoned after a few episodes. Much as I enjoy moe, there just wasn't much there there, for me. And this show is another original from the director and writer that made K-On. Hyouka and Chuunibyou are the KyoAni shows I have liked best since Haruhi I.
If it helps at all, this anime isn't an adaptation of a 4-panel Kakifly manga, so it's less likely to be bogged down by banal humor and the odd sense of disjointed pacing one gets from animating a 4-panel comedy manga.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:16   Link #58
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Kyoani anime original huh? Well I doubt they will repeat the disaster that was Munto, and my money is that it will probably be a slice of life/drama/comedy sort of genre. If it along the lines of Lucky Star, K-on, Nichijou, Chuunibyou (over kawaii character designs & interactions with a lot of focus of gags which imo are unfunny) well then I'll drop it quickly. If it something along the style of Haruhi or Hyouka though, I'll most likely watch it and like it. Can't say until we at least get a proper trailer. Anyways, I'm somewhat pleased Kyoani finally tapping into this "anime original" market since a significant number of shows that I've liked in the past years have been anime original.

Btw since this thread already has the "WHY NO MOAR HARUHI" rants, it needs the "WHY NO MAOR FMP" rants. Then we can really call it a real Kyoani announcement thread . "WHY NO LITTLE BUSTERS" is like Duke Nukem though... the meme has now died because both actually got made .

Seriously though, at least for me, I've given up on Kyoani doing sequels within a reasonable time period
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:05   Link #59
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kind of curious about this one, as aside from the staff list, we're literally just working with the TITLE to figure out what the story will be about. That's not a lot, guys.

That said, I'd be fine if this some kind of SOL. Pure iyashikei would be divine in my opinion, but this might turn into something else so... no expectations!
Old 2012-11-29, 01:40   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Kyoani anime original huh? Well I doubt they will repeat the disaster that was Munto
Considering Munto was something they did to get attention (by animation!) and was their debut work, yes I highly doubt it will be like that.

Quote:
Btw since this thread already has the "WHY NO MOAR HARUHI" rants, it needs the "WHY NO MAOR FMP" rants. Then we can really call it a real Kyoani announcement thread .
It's going to be glorious if Kadokawa ever commission a Full Metal Panic Again anime by KyoAni to promote the current light novels series as opposed to the concluded FMP series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen