AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 10:50   Link #2181
wen13

i've been wondering this for a while now, can someone answer this question for me
can a campione have a kid? after i reread volume 5 again and read the part where erica is talking to godou about wanting a kid i've been wondering is that even possible since godou isn't actually human anymore....
wen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:06   Link #2182
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Man, after watching ep4, I really dislike how they portray Mariya Yuri in the anime, it's just seem too different from the LN and why is Liliana every where but isn't doing anything other there been there.
You mean how they portray Mariya to be less naggy and overbearing?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:11   Link #2183
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Campione never did stated they can't, for all we know, other campiones already had and have already past away, since the campione will alway out live theirs child.

and yes the sword come from the tail of Yamata no Orochi.

*edit
@Chaos, Yes, less naggy and overbearing and also weak minded, like those who are easy to be push around and I don't like it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:18   Link #2184
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

*edit
@Chaos, Yes, less naggy and overbearing and also weak minded, like those who are easy to be push around and I don't like it.
In what way was she strong minded in the first volume?
Old 2012-07-28, 11:25   Link #2185
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In what way was she strong minded in the first volume?
Besides verbally smacking down Godou, standing up to Erica, and telling off Athena to her face? To make this clear, just standing near Athena nearly killed her, and she didn't flinch.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:27   Link #2186
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
i've been wondering this for a while now, can someone answer this question for me
can a campione have a kid? after i reread volume 5 again and read the part where erica is talking to godou about wanting a kid i've been wondering is that even possible since godou isn't actually human anymore....
The founder of the Bronze Black knights, one of Erica's ancestors, was actually an illegitimate son of a past campione. The only problem about a campione's child is that they don't inherit any special powers from their parent. One thing should be noted though, it's that being the descendant of a campione generally carries high prestige.If I am not mistaken, Erica was actually referred by her peers at her organization as 'Princess' in volume eleven.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:36   Link #2187
whsie

^ Correct. Ena (IIRC) has flat out stated that she didn't mind being a mistress because descendants (meaning if they were to have a child) of Campione carry enormous prestige. Even if the descendants don't inherit actual powers, they're often influential over the course of history. One such example is Erica's ancestors.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:37   Link #2188
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Besides verbally smacking down Godou, standing up to Erica, and telling off Athena to her face? To make this clear, just standing near Athena nearly killed her, and she didn't flinch.
So basically the first two falls under naggy- putting aside the whole bringing over an artifact of doom which was justified nagging, she had a strong beef with how they acted all touchy freely.

As for standing up to Athena, I'm looking at the chapter now and it's essentially the same thing as what happen in the Anime. She tried to hide it but she was definitely terrified of facing a Goddess.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:43   Link #2189
Miraluka
Banned

That was a one-shot thing I think, basically Yuri is Erica's lapdog, so instead of getting angry at Erica she will get angry at Godou and put all the blames on him, ha-ha-ha <---- *cold laugh*.

-__________-
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:44   Link #2190
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Exactly, If I didn't read the LN before hand, I would accept thats how Mariya Yuri is and probably ejoy the anime, but because I have read the LN and the the anime follow loosely from the LN, I didn't ejoy as much as when I was read it.

I don't know if I should start read vol4 or wait for the whole translated vol?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-07-28, 11:45   Link #2191
kazzuya13

Quote:
If that was the case, then Godou really got the bad end of the bargain, since Godou never wanted to keep fighting strong people let along the gods.

*edit*
@kazzuya13, please don't double posts, use the edit function like what i'm doing.
Furthermore it was hinted in the Ln alot that the Campione slayer will "awake" near Godou and fight.
By the term "awake " does that mean that the Campione slayer already exist but still not self aware or literally sleeping in some place.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:51   Link #2192
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ When you say "Campione slayer" do you mean people who can kill Campione?
Cause isn't Campione most likely can be defected or kill by another Campione or god.
And if you are referring "Campione slayer" as awaking of Campione, then it impossible because to have 10 new Campione , 10 GODS appear and killed and that most likely not going to happen.

Old 2012-07-28, 11:51   Link #2193
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, If I didn't read the LN before hand, I would accept thats how Mariya Yuri is and probably ejoy the anime, but because I have read the LN and the the anime follow loosely from the LN, I didn't ejoy as much as when I was read it.
If Yuri would remained the same in the other novels with the "strong willed" personality (specially against Erica) maybe, but now I see it as a moot point because after vol.1 Erica always leds Yuri by the nose.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:56   Link #2194
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^ When you say "Campione slayer" do you mean people who can kill Campione?
Cause isn't Campione most likely can be defected or kill by another Campione or god.
And if you are referring "Campione slayer" as awaking of Campione, then it impossible because to have 10 new Campione , 10 GODS appear and killed and that most likely not going to happen.
The Campione Slayer is to Campione what Campione are to God's. We still don't know who he is, but according to Kadi, one of Athena's last lines was her regretting she wouldn't meet Godou again before the Slayer awoke. This implies that the Slayer killing Godou (who at this point has fought Salvatore, Voban, Lou Hao, as well as Athena herself and survived) is basically a given.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:41   Link #2195
kazzuya13

Quote:
The Campione Slayer is to Campione what Campione are to God's. We still don't know who he is, but according to Kadi, one of Athena's last lines was her regretting she wouldn't meet Godou again before the Slayer awoke. This implies that the Slayer killing Godou (who at this point has fought Salvatore, Voban, Lou Hao, as well as Athena herself and survived) is basically a given.
By the way Verethragna also has title called "God slaying God"
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 13:05   Link #2196
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
And with "god" written in lower case, cauz he didn't kill God yet.
Old 2012-07-28, 14:08   Link #2197
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
I don't think I said that, at least not in that context.
Spoiler for V9:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Well, Verethragna did go around resurrecting, challenging and defeating several other powerful gods before he came to Sardinia... Nice detail, I guess?

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-07-28 at 14:22.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:39   Link #2198
nfsac

Is There a chance of Athena comming back to the series?
The Harem needs her
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:51   Link #2199
blackwhite67
Banned

By the way, has anyone addressed the obvious problem Godou will face as a Campione? He won't age so after a few years pass it will become obvious to Shizuka and his classmates that he isn't normal.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:51   Link #2200
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Is There a chance of Athena comming back to the series?
The Harem needs her
No, it doesn't. I can see why people like her, but that's one thing I don'T see happening.

And no, thw aging problem has not been mentioned yet.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem