Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-28, 15:25   Link #41
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I love how you misspelled his name.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Wait, there's a launcher crate on that map? Where? It would've made that battle so much easier!! X__X
Old 2007-11-28, 23:57   Link #42
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I love how you misspelled his name.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Wait, there's a launcher crate on that map? Where? It would've made that battle so much easier!! X__X
Lol! I didn't even realize that!

I do know his name is Prophet, but because I played the demo like an idiot and there were never any mentions to his name, it became inbued in my mind that it was "Profit"

And yes, there's one on the deck, close to the opposite side of where you come from ( the bridge, I guess ), almost at the tip of the carrier. And yup, although I'm forever a fan of the Gauss cannon, I can't deny the fact that killing those things with the LAW would've been much easier. In fact, there're quite a few of those crates scattered through the map, you only need to look. For example, in the Assault map, I didn't even have to cross to the other side where the second AAA is located to destroy it. 3 or 4 attempts with a LAW from a distance did the job.

First time I played, though, I didn't know where to find explosives. I rammed a jeep into the AAA and blew it up, commando style

Edit: Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I just found out there's someone keeping records of all Crysis multiplayer stats in maps with more than 8 players ( at least that's what I heard ). It's pretty good, check it out:

http://test.crystats.com/

As of now I'm ranked 1559, though I'll quickly fall off the ranks because I haven't played in over four days. It's hard playing with a huge black hole in your monitor screen and a faulty microphone. Me needs a Tritton AXPC and a 24" monitor. Oh, and the new 8800GTS coming out December 3rd, or the speculated 8950x2 GTX. That'll be great.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-11-29 at 00:09.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 03:25   Link #43
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
For example, in the Assault map, I didn't even have to cross to the other side where the second AAA is located to destroy it. 3 or 4 attempts with a LAW from a distance did the job.
I fired LAWs from the AAA site nearest to the harbor towards the other AAA. I fired like 9x and it didn't blow. Nice bug.

Not the mention the level before the run with the jeep. Those aliens minions that kept coming and didn't die/blow. They would just freeze and my allies keep shooting them endlessly. I restarted the lvl more than 10x. On my 2nd in the campaign it didn't happen.
Old 2007-12-05, 04:24   Link #44
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Core was simply amazing. I mean, it wasn't very different from your "I'm all alone now, I need to gtfo of here if I don't wanna get stuffed and collected" type of map in most FPSs, but seriously, it was SO original. The zero-g made ALL the difference on that thing.. Seriously, I lost gravity at the beginning of the map and three seconds later I couldn't tell what was floor, what was ceiling or the walls. And you get VERY confused throughout the level because of that. Fighting those blue aliens on that environment, all alone and in complete silence was one of the greatest thrills I've ever experienced in a game.
There was something that kept nagging the back of my mind when I read this part of your post and I finally just remembered. Have you ever played any of the Descent games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_(computer_game)

It's basically a FPS except you pilot a spacecraft, and you fight in completely 3D space, with up and down as well as left and right.

Imagine Core, except you move a hell of a lot faster and the enemies fight back with a wide variety of weapons such as lasers, machine guns, mass drivers, flamethrowers, fusion guns, frag missiles, several kinds of homing missiles, napalm missiles, several kinds of semi to fully stationary mines and gun turrets, black hole missiles, etc.

Multiplayer is where it's the best. Your ship can look, orient itself, and move in all directions in 3-D space. Your ship can hover or move decently at normal speed but with afterburners you can move at a pretty rapid pace across any distance, although only forwards with afterburner. Biggest plus being that you have a full 3-D degree of movement so fights can happen at any orientation and you can get the drop on or get surprised by enemies coming in from below or above you as well as from the sides or behind. Add interesting maps that exploit this mechanic and you get a FPS experience quite unlike nearly anything else out there. And the action can get pretty fast and hectic. Really great fun.

Unfortunately the company tanked, and its close partner, Volition, followed after in time. The latest Descent game that was released is number three, which has decent graphics compared to today. I remember playing multiplayer many years back but I really doubt anyone plays the game anymore nowdays. It's a shame no one's picked up on the gameplay and created another Descent-like game.

EDIT: Here's some pretty good Youtube footage of multiplayer action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsxsmjaEtc4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qds9oqjsPaU&feature=user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JD0jPU2PQ&feature=user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDaeZcXr5Q&feature=user

And this looks like the entire compilation:

http://files.filefront.com/Fusillade.../fileinfo.html

Looks pretty crazy, doesn't it?

Last edited by Newprimus; 2007-12-05 at 04:36.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 15:52   Link #45
arcadeplayer987

Nobody is getting it for multiplayer anyway, COD4 has more fun on multiplayer and a bigger community. Crysis rullz on singleplayer
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 09:30   Link #46
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Nobody is getting it for multiplayer anyway, COD4 has more fun on multiplayer and a bigger community. Crysis rullz on singleplayer
Well that's true, but I still think that the Multiplayer on Crysis is actually lots of fun. Instant action is actually very very unbalanced, with people camping out at places with Rocket Launcher/Gauss Cannon all the time, and just being asses all the time. However, Power Struggle, after a few fixes ( such as stopping the AAA from blowing up when you use it's primary gun ) will be one hell of a good game to play with an experienced group. I've had lots of fun when the guys I play with actually know what to do and do it.

Of course 70% of the Crysis players don't even CARE to watch the stupid tutorial, so they'll certainly start hitting you at your base and/or crap like that. OH And don't get me started on stealing your vehicles. You pay 600P for a VTOL, go back to base to get repairs and some f*cking idiot steals it. Oh, if anyone wants the SS of the triple TK I got with the LAW after that, I'll post it later.

I'm waiting for the awesome multiplayer maps coming out from the modders out there. Stuff like destroyable buildings, trees, night/day cycles and all the great eye-candy like that.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-12-14, 05:20   Link #47
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

I don't feel like installing Vista, so I used the DX10 effects hack in XP.

Old 2007-12-14, 07:01   Link #48
JakeC

Demo, was awesome, I've heard the koren part is the best part. I think you team up with the koren's to fight the aliens.
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 08:48   Link #49
better

I dont play this game but i heared that it is a very nice game but dont know from where i can get this game. SO can anyone help me for getting this game please.
better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 13:39   Link #50
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by better
I dont play this game but i heared that it is a very nice game but dont know from where i can get this game. SO can anyone help me for getting this game please.
Uhm, basically, it'll depend on where you live. As far as I know, it's been released worldwide already and every game store with a name to be proud of is carrying Crysis. If not, there's always online. Check Newegg, etc. I think they have international shipping options. But do be aware that it might be a disappointment if your computer is not par to play the game. It needs a lot of juice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki
I don't feel like installing Vista, so I used the DX10 effects hack in XP.
Like everyone else? People are complaining quite a lot that "Crysis was made to work best with DX10!!" and yet we're getting the same visual effects with even better framerates under DX9. The ONLY problem of not using DX10 is that you can't join DX10-only multiplayer servers with destructible environments and things like that. But I actually haven't seen many DX10-only servers out there, so why bother at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC
Demo, was awesome, I've heard the koren part is the best part. I think you team up with the koren's to fight the aliens.
Both parts have their strong points. While I find the first maps ( the ones you fight the NKs ) exciting and super fun to redo the missions all over, the part after Core gives you a shot of adrenaline that's unforgettable. I mean, the NKs will have somewhat a hard time to kill you. The aliens don't. You're running away from an enemy that has an infinite army alongside deadly attacks and everything else. It pwns.

Unfortunately I haven't been playing Crysis at all these last few weeks. Finals, end-term projects and a damaged monitor aren't helping out. I'll probably get back to it soon, though.

Oh, and everyone, start saving some money. According to sources, and unconfirmed tips from hardware sites, the Nvidia 9800 series is set to launch in February. Gotta save meselfz sum monies to a GTX by then

Old 2008-06-06, 16:10   Link #51
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Time to perform thread necromancy for a small official announcement.

The sequel, or should I say, sidestory, to Crysis has been announced as in the works right now by both EA and Crytek. Its name is Crysis Warhead.

Apparently the player will be able to play as Sykes (AKA Psycho) instead of Nomad.

- http://www.crytek.com/news/news/?tx_...ash=7733199cd1

Wonder if they'll once again raise the bar in terms of hardware requirements for this installment's final build...
Old 2008-06-06, 16:22   Link #52
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Haha, oh wow. It's been a while, huh?

Personally I find that really interesting. While Nomad kicks butt on one side of the story, you play as Psycho in another part of the same story. I'm really pumped up now.

In fact, for those that don't know, Crysis is actually scheduled to be a Trilogy. If this game isn't part of such Trilogy, then I think we'll be seeing some 6 games in the Crysis franchise in the next six years. If one thing this game tells me is that Crytek will also be releasing a paralel story for Prophet, who gets kidnapped by the aliens during the third map.

Personally I'm really happy to hear that. Let's hope that it's as much fun as Crysis was. And that it doesn't really require 4 280 GTX's to run it properly .

Edit:

Incrysis is fast, lol. They already have a post and some 7-pages of discussion in their forums

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=660

Has some more information, including the tentative cover art and some magazine covers.