AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 23:39   Link #101
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Such a sexy beast. Is the feeling mutual that it's one of the better mecha design in the MGS saga and thus worth footing out US$60 for the toy ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 00:29   Link #102
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

My vote goes to the Shagohod, the only genuniely frightening steel-beast in the Metal Gear saga.
Old 2010-07-10, 00:34   Link #103
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
My vote goes to the Shagohod, the only genuniely frightening steel-beast in the Metal Gear saga.
The Shagohod was cool but I have to disagree. The bi-pedal mechs like Peace Walker, ZEKE, REX and RAY were totally the coolest.

Also about the model, I'd so laugh if they put a feature on it where you press a button and it starts singing, but I s'pose that'd be a little tough
to incorperate. =p
Old 2010-07-10, 00:43   Link #104
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I'd say ZEKE was the best only because you can install parts from the bosses you defeat in the game like PUPA's electric beam for instance *drools* or *looking at peacewalkers leg parts*
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 10:26   Link #105
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Now all we have to wait for is the 1/1 Scale, Remote Control Metal Gear Mark II by Otacon.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:26   Link #106
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd charge the leg drivers from Peacewalker and take a ride to school I think REX was the best though...still like the rest, but RAY was too generic, and Shagohod was more of a tank than a Metal Gear. Peacewalker is a close second.
The game was very weird at first, since I just got off MGS1 (OMG no radar!) and the aiming controls were a bit hard at first. However, this is definitely the best MG I've played and is very interesting in every aspect of the game, like striving to use non-lethal force (hero-style), holding up people with all sorts of weapons, fighting ghosts, looking for secret documents and, ofc, using the fulton system Currently doing the AI-type II missions, is it just me or do they have shitloads of extra armour?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 01:40   Link #107
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

finally, I am near completion with the game I just need a couple of more S rank combat staff and mess hall staff...

meanwhile, i'm just having fun killing GEAR REX over and over for some secret weapon.

@kafriel

extra armours for zeke? you're talking about cocoon's armor, right?
Old 2010-07-12, 02:00   Link #108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No, I mean that they need many more missiles to crack, Pupa type II took more shots than PeaceWalker did...and yeah, Cocoon was even harder, had to CO-OP that one and even then, we won by an inch. Another question, how do I unlock Pupa's Sensor boards 16~25? I've tried thrashing the normal one to the point of no return and still couldn't light up those boards.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:11   Link #109
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
No, I mean that they need many more missiles to crack, Pupa type II took more shots than PeaceWalker did...and yeah, Cocoon was even harder, had to CO-OP that one and even then, we won by an inch. Another question, how do I unlock Pupa's Sensor boards 16~25? I've tried thrashing the normal one to the point of no return and still couldn't light up those boards.
just hit it with a rocket one time, but don't thrash it all the way because the icon won't light up if you destroy it. also, i think the sensor boards 16~25 shows up randomly.

honestly, you don't need coop to beat the pupa type-II for example, all you got to do when you fight it is always use one of the 3 tunnel as cover and even if it charges at you when it headed inside the tunnel, do not run outside just stick to the wall and it won't run you over.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:01   Link #110
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There are ALOT of ways here to harass a 16 year old girl from a 40+ year old man.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:08   Link #111
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
There are ALOT of ways here to harass a 16 year old girl from a 40+ year old man.
the same goes with kaz
Old 2010-07-12, 06:16   Link #112
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
My lines:
Snake in!
Good Luck.
Give me a hand.
Impressive!
I'm counting on you...
to wash the dishes. -SFX of heart breaking-

It's such a shame though, the one time stun rod could be truly useful, and it's out of charge
Old 2010-07-12, 06:47   Link #113
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
how do I unlock Pupa's Sensor boards 16~25? I've tried thrashing the normal one to the point of no return and still couldn't light up those boards.
Some Boards are only avaliable on the more advanced version of the AI Weapons.

And I think you should know by now that to get the boards, you need to dismantle the hardware they are attached in order to unlock them. (IE To get the Sensor Boards, you need to trash the heads.)

To know exactly what you need to dismantle, upgrade your Analyser to the highest level, equip it during AI battle, and a info tab should appear in your pause menu to show the current HP of the various hardware and the boards they correspond to. Once the HP of the hardware is down to 0, the boards should all have been unlocked when you traverse into the AI Pod.

And avoid damaging the AI Pod along the way, since the boards will only be crossed out if you keep hitting the pod. I have a very hard time with Peace Walker Ni-Shiki and Kai to get her Control Boards here even with my Missle Tech and usage level at max.
Old 2010-07-12, 13:28   Link #114
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Some Boards are only avaliable on the more advanced version of the AI Weapons.

And I think you should know by now that to get the boards, you need to dismantle the hardware they are attached in order to unlock them. (IE To get the Sensor Boards, you need to trash the heads.)

To know exactly what you need to dismantle, upgrade your Analyser to the highest level, equip it during AI battle, and a info tab should appear in your pause menu to show the current HP of the various hardware and the boards they correspond to. Once the HP of the hardware is down to 0, the boards should all have been unlocked when you traverse into the AI Pod.

And avoid damaging the AI Pod along the way, since the boards will only be crossed out if you keep hitting the pod. I have a very hard time with Peace Walker Ni-Shiki and Kai to get her Control Boards here even with my Missle Tech and usage level at max.
I think farming for board is best when you face the custom type AIs, but they are also the most difficult since they have stronger attacks, more HP, but in terms of strategy well nothing much has change except that they'll taunt you... and so this is only where you can also get their custom main parts such as: peacewalker's legs or the pupa's main weapon (the one that shoots out electricity...)

also... I thought upgrading your intel staff was the one that give you the info tab on how much HP in each part of the boss has taken and not the other one around because I don't remember carrying my analyzer around when I go against the AIs.

oh yeah, is there anyone here know how to upgrade your walkman up to 5 or are we stuck with a rank 4 version?
Old 2010-07-12, 13:57   Link #115
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Any reccomendations on where to get high level employees for R&D?

Spoiler for Chapter 5 Spoilers:

Unfortunately I can't find many REALLY good R&D guys.
Old 2010-07-12, 14:34   Link #116
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
the same goes with kaz
Don't add Master Miller XD

Quote:
My lines:

It's such a shame though, the one time stun rod could be truly useful, and it's out of charge
Yes that was the first thing I draw out, then...then wth? No charge?! Well at least Snake can lie down beneath Paz.
Old 2010-07-12, 17:09   Link #117
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
also... I thought upgrading your intel staff was the one that give you the info tab on how much HP in each part of the boss has taken and not the other one around because I don't remember carrying my analyzer around when I go against the AIs.
We're both right and wrong actually. The level 5 Analyzer is needed to unlock the info tab and no, you do not need to equip it during the battle. And yes, you need a marginly high level of intel to go into researching it.

Quote:
oh yeah, is there anyone here know how to upgrade your walkman up to 5 or are we stuck with a rank 4 version?
No level 5 Walkman here. Since the level 4 Walkman (Based on an actual real life model) is as current as we get in the 21st Century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

Recruitment via Acess Point. It's easy to get them once you hit 20K Heroism. Try going to some place where there's Wi-Fi and hit the Recruitment Menu Under Motherbase to your Heart's content.
Old 2010-07-12, 18:05   Link #118
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Recruitment via Acess Point. It's easy to get them once you hit 20K Heroism. Try going to some place where there's Wi-Fi and hit the Recruitment Menu Under Motherbase to your Heart's content.
20K heroism huh? I'm way too far from that right now and definetly not willing to spend time bringing it up to that level.

I appreciate the suggestion but to be more specific I mean a mission with high R&D stat soldiers I can Fulton into Mother Base.
Old 2010-07-12, 18:15   Link #119
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I appreciate the suggestion but to be more specific I mean a mission with high R&D stat soldiers I can Fulton into Mother Base.
Extra OPs No.17. Bunch of B-Grades there.

But I doubt that will get you far enough to research what you want, You need about 10 A's and a couple of S's. I figure that you'll just hit level 80 with gang of B-Grade Researchers.
Old 2010-07-12, 18:58   Link #120
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:

Spoiler for Chapter 5 Spoilers:

here's where you can get all the best staff w/o recruiting via wi-fi (i don't use because I got a bad connection):

Combat: hmm... use and train your soldiers that's the best way to get S rank combat staff
Medic: extra Op 26 and 46 (POW)
Research: extra Op 49 (recruiting soldiers here also allow you to develop the patriot/musket/etc. if you have the design)
Intel: the sniper on top of the hill in main Op: rescue Chico and the main Op after that. (you can get these soldiers by using the fulton mine, fulton launcher, or musket)
Food: the first area in extra Op 46 (some of them will have the skills that allow you to develop rank 3, 4, and 5 ration).

use your analyzer to determine which one is A or S rank staff

btw, credit goes to jillvalenti from gamefaqs on this one

Tags
konami, psp