AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-20, 04:53   Link #261
type-R!

Keep in mind that their mom might actually have a real suspicion about them, so I guess they could make it look like they started their cold war again, resist all day until the life-couseling time arives lol.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:57   Link #262
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
You might want to rethink that statement.
It sure isn't supposed to be that way, but in many cases in real life, it is. Friends are also understood as way better connection than siblings, which OreImo series are trying to deny at all cost.
Well,at least in my experience it isn't that way. I have a very deep connection with my sister. Even deeper than I have with my friends, except maybe my childhood friend with whom I have the same amount of trust etc.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:58   Link #263
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(Whether they ever acted like normal siblings in the first place is another matter, as mentioned by Kuroneko at the café, and suggested again by the epilogue.)
Yeah, it's kinda funny when you think about it. Most of their friends (Kuroneko, Manami for a long time) knew that they were in love with each other or at least that Kirino loved Kyousuke. So they never really acted like normal siblings in the first place...

Silaqui
Old 2013-08-20, 04:59   Link #264
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Keep in mind that their mom might actually have a real suspicion about them, so I guess they could make it look like they started their cold war again, resist all day until the life-couseling time arives lol.
Actually, I think doing this will backfire on both of them. Instead of getting along all day, they now have a small limited time windows to vent their need for each other which might result in some more 'surprise attack' from Kyousuke
Old 2013-08-20, 05:02   Link #265
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Actually, I think doing this will backfire on both of them. Instead of getting along all day, they now have a small limited time windows to vent their need for each other which might result in some more 'surprise attack' from Kyousuke
I can totally see that. To the point that Kyousuke would probably find a way to move out with Kirino eventually joining him
Old 2013-08-20, 06:25   Link #266
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah, they went for the novel ending. I was a Kuroneko follower, but hey, now she's free to be MY waifu. :3

As for OreImo, I wonder how many BDs of this series are going to be destroyed? I can already hear Sankaku crumbling under them otaku's wailing!!

*cackles*

Can't say I've ever been happier for when a ship doesn't go my way!!
Old 2013-08-20, 06:39   Link #267
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ah, they went for the novel ending. I was a Kuroneko follower, but hey, now she's free to be MY waifu. :3

As for OreImo, I wonder how many BDs of this series are going to be destroyed? I can already hear Sankaku crumbling under them otaku's wailing!!

*cackles*

Can't say I've ever been happier for when a ship doesn't go my way!!
Well, relentlessflame has stated repeatedly. After the novel came out, the sales of the anime actually spiked. And this whole "destroy" business, I have seen the same pictures of the same books destroyed being posted on multiple forums with many people claiming it to be their work, so, talk about a blown-up issue.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:49   Link #268
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka:
Completely agree on that one... But like I said on my earlier post, the ending is not the best compared to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:51   Link #269
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Regarding the point about friends compared to siblings, I think it all depends on the individuals in question and how their personalities mesh. There isn't a one-size-fits-all rule. The only thing is that most people spend much more time with their siblings, knowing them for much longer and understanding them better compared to their friends.

I for one have three brothers, and in terms of connections the order would be:
Brother 2 > Best Friend 1 > Best Friend 2 > Brother 3 > Brother 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka:
Lol, I have a theory about it. Simply put,

Spoiler for AkaSaka:

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-08-20, 06:53   Link #270
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Completely agree on that one... But like I said on my earlier post, the ending is not the best compared to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
Then again, I don't think the series can be compared to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu at all, aside from "otaku-has-to-hide-her-hobby". And Yuuto and Haruka are not exactly siblings.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-20, 07:03   Link #271
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, relentlessflame has stated repeatedly. After the novel came out, the sales of the anime actually spiked. And this whole "destroy" business, I have seen the same pictures of the same books destroyed being posted on multiple forums with many people claiming it to be their work, so, talk about a blown-up issue.
...faith in Humanity restored?!
Old 2013-08-20, 07:10   Link #272
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
That's a matter of perspective. I would argue that the entire story from start to finish follows the progression of Kyousuke's feelings towards Kirino. The exact final form his feelings would take was not clear, and this was one of the questions that propelled the story ("will they or won't they?"). But the journey itself is traced throughout the whole work as a linear, gradual progression.

That doesn't mean that there aren't also other relationships that progressed throughout the series as well. If there were not, there would not have been any mystery or suspense about the destination, and that was a major factor that built hype/interest in the narrative.
But there's the other problem. His actions can be seen as the bread crumbs but his feelings, facial expressions, or general behavior doesn't have the pan of his feelings; he barely doesn't have the same emotion he had with Kuroneko. Maybe it wouldn't look like such a jump had I read the LN but this is all I have to go on.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-08-20, 07:24   Link #273
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
But there's the other problem. His actions can be seen as the bread crumbs but his feelings, facial expressions, or general behavior doesn't have the pan of his feelings; he barely doesn't have the same emotion he had with Kuroneko. Maybe it wouldn't look like such a jump had I read the LN but this is all I have to go on.
Well,see it from another perspective. Kyousuke and Kirino express their feelings through quarrels and life counseling.That over all lovey dovey atmosphere wouldn't work for Kirino and Kyousuke. Kirino would just say that he is disgusting. They just need the confrontation/quarrels with eacht other. That's how we always see them and this will not change.
Old 2013-08-20, 07:25   Link #274
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
But there's the other problem. His actions can be seen as the bread crumbs but his feelings, facial expressions, or general behavior doesn't have the pan of his feelings; he barely doesn't have the same emotion he had with Kuroneko.
He was quite emotional, with the crying and so on, when he asked Kirino to come back to Japan with him. Also, he got quite jealous when Mikagami arrived. Of course during the normal interactions it looks different than with Kuroneko. But then again, their modus operandi is vastly different than the one between Kyousuke and Kuroneko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...faith in Humanity restored?!
A few crazy people are also what makes humanity, humanity.
But there is a difference between cutting up a 600 Yen book (I heard that perhaps sometimes some guys go out there to buy a book just to destroy it and post it online), and destroying a 7.000 Yen blu-ray. I guess only the craziest (or most angry) guys would do the latter.

EDIT: They have posted seperate web previews for 14, 15 and 16 in the place of the big preview prior.
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/story/14.html
Old 2013-08-20, 07:48   Link #275
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
He was quite emotional, with the crying and so on, when he asked Kirino to come back to Japan with him. Also, he got quite jealous when Mikagami arrived. Of course during the normal interactions it looks different than with Kuroneko. But then again, their modus operandi is vastly different than the one between Kyousuke and Kuroneko.
They didn't need to be overaffectionate since it was being saved for the ending. The problem is them acting mostly the same around each other after the America and Mikagami milestones. Intense dramatic moments between characters are pointless when their dynamic has barely any hint of yeah, that just happened awkwardness.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-08-20, 08:10   Link #276
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
They didn't need to be overaffectionate since it was being saved for the ending. The problem is them acting mostly the same around each other after the America and Mikagami milestones. Intense dramatic moments between characters are pointless when their dynamic has barely any hint of yeah, that just happened awkwardness.
I wouldn't say nothing happened. Especially after the Mikagami incident. After the Mikagami incident there was the Kuroneko dating, so they weren't around each other often. But when Kyousuke was sad, Kirino really did a good job comforting him, and then after Kuroneko forced Kirino to admit that she didn't want to see Kyousuke with a girlfriend they really seemed to come to a new understanding, as evidenced by the end of Episode 9. Then there was also that bike sequence in Episode 10. Subtle, but still present.
Old 2013-08-20, 08:31   Link #277
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Back again on the subject of the ending and how to interpret it, another point to consider is also the ending of Episode 15 and Kirino's recordings to herself ... So basically their answer on how they could be together in love forever was, perhaps ironically, to just act like normal siblings. (Whether they ever acted like normal siblings in the first place is another matter, as mentioned by Kuroneko at the café, and suggested again by the epilogue.)
Sorry, but after reading through the whole thread, and seeing this, I still feel like the author blinked at the last moment. They go all through the trouble of having him reject everyone else - which I consider a big positive considering how this is usually hvandled - and then they kiss, and then "OK, that's it"...

Really?

If you're going to go so far as have a physical fight, you're showing two characters with no plan to ever really give up. In that case, what are you REALLY going to do? When Kirino graduates herself in a few years are you both going to be satisfied just hanging out together, or are things going to progress?

It just seems like the author had a chance to make a powerful statement (even if it's one with a palpable squick factor), and then pulled his punch.

Maybe it's just me...
Old 2013-08-20, 08:39   Link #278
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
It just seems like the author had a chance to make a powerful statement (even if it's one with a palpable squick factor), and then pulled his punch.

Maybe it's just me...
Hard to make a powerful statement, if that statement isn't going to get published. The author was under certain restrictions by the publisher. If it were up to him alone, he would have gone for it. And the anime staff was even stricter. The author intended for the last kiss to be on the lips, but the anime staff went for the cheeks.
Old 2013-08-20, 08:56   Link #279
Wilshere

I don't know on who I should be mad more now. Publishers?Maybe, but we are lucky to get this ending by all means.Anime staff?For me,yes.They forced their ''own'' interpretation of the epilogue, and ignored the author's intentions of the kiss. Maybe its just me, but had they went for what he wanted, it might have put the ambiguity to bed(although there will always be arguments).
Old 2013-08-20, 09:24   Link #280
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Hard to make a powerful statement, if that statement isn't going to get published. The author was under certain restrictions by the publisher. If it were up to him alone, he would have gone for it. And the anime staff was even stricter. The author intended for the last kiss to be on the lips, but the anime staff went for the cheeks.
Ouch, there goes freedom of speech and expression...