AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 20:55   Link #2581
Tbolt

In my mind there's no way they don't know.

1.How to explain all the girls.
2.How to explain a one lot two story house turning into a three lot six up three down house with all new modern furniture and appliances, built in one night.
3.How to explain all the coming and going of people at all times of the day and night.
4.Mom and Dad are always going on trips.

And its not like them knowing would put them in anymore danger than having OPHIS IN YOUR HOUSE!

And how are the women going to do the wedding stuff, and they do aloooooot.

I could keep going but my head hurts, but like I said I may be wrong.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-22 at 21:19.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:03   Link #2582
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
In my mind there's no way they don't know.

1.How to explain all the girls.
2.How to explain a one lot two story house turning into a three lot six up three down house with all new modern furniture and appliances, built in one night.
3.How to explain all the coming and going of people at all times of the day and night.
4.Mom and Dad are always going on trips.

And its not like them know would put them in anymore danger than having OPHIS IN YOUR HOUSE!

And how are the women going to do the wedding stuff, and they do aloooooot.

I could keep going but my head hurts, but like I said I may be wrong.
everything can be explained with one word.
hypnosis

remember what rias used the first time she met with issei's parents?
yup hypnosis that's what they used to make them okay with all of it

they just brainwashed the crap outta them

the less they know the better to be honest.

Last edited by sunsengnim; 2014-02-22 at 21:28.
Old 2014-02-22, 21:58   Link #2583
WILD_LION

Excuse me n0m@n, There is something that i can get off of my mind, that is the spoiled about the True longinus that you told us, i can not understand, Does it means that issei will use the Holy Spear to seal Grendel? , or Maybe something more?

-Cao Cao himself doesn't appear but his Holy Spear does in order to help DxD out.

Please n0m@n, give us aclue about it? After all the Holy Spear is the first and most powerful Longinus.

Thaks for translate dxd for everyone.
Old 2014-02-22, 22:35   Link #2584
Tbolt

@WILD_LION, be careful don't fly too close to the sun.
Old 2014-02-22, 23:01   Link #2585
n0m@n
C-Z

The Holy Spear just appeared to break the barrier. No one wields it. It was just an instance.
Old 2014-02-22, 23:09   Link #2586
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
The Holy Spear just appeared to break the barrier. No one wields it. It was just an instance.
Thank you so much n0m@n
Old 2014-02-22, 23:30   Link #2587
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Holy mother of.... I don't log in for a day and the pages went up to 130 in a heartbeat. Reminds me of the good old days.

@n0m@n My liege is there any indication that the True Longinus does indeed have a will of it's own (like true sentience and not the vague thing we had in vol. 12)? Or did Cao Cao just do a long distance javelin throw off screen?
Old 2014-02-22, 23:37   Link #2588
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wait can someone explain to me what longinus smasher is, I remember it previously when ise went berserk and said it but does it do anything
Old 2014-02-22, 23:40   Link #2589
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Wait can someone explain to me what longinus smasher is, I remember it previously when ise went berserk and said it but does it do anything
Longinus Smasher: The chest armor of the Scale Mail slides open and fire a powerful shot. This attack was only used twice in the series: in Volume 6 when Issei blasted Shalba Beelzebub while in Juggernaut Drive, and in Volume 12 when it is used to completely blast away the last of the Jabberwocky. In Volume 12, Ddraig reveals that this is a forbidden and sealed attack.

http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Boosted_Gear
Old 2014-02-22, 23:51   Link #2590
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Oh I thought the ability was what its name implied as in it could possibly be used to overcome other longinuses
Old 2014-02-23, 00:01   Link #2591
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Oh I thought the ability was what its name implied as in it could possibly be used to overcome other longinuses
Who knows. Ishibumi sensei still has a lot of room to think up of more power ups for Issei. Sides he hasn't mastered his power yet (His Boosted Gear as well as his dragon powers from Ophis and GR). Longinus Smasher still has a lot of room to improve though we don't know in what direction.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:02   Link #2592
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Holy mother of.... I don't log in for a day and the pages went up to 130 in a heartbeat. Reminds me of the good old days.

@n0m@n My liege is there any indication that the True Longinus does indeed have a will of it's own (like true sentience and not the vague thing we had in vol. 12)? Or did Cao Cao just do a long distance javelin throw off screen?
Well, the Longinus are Weapons with entities who have the power to kill gods are sealed inside them, for example Draig and Albion, It means that each longinus has his own will, For example if Albion do not desire fight against Draig, then he is free of not give his powers to Vali, and the same is for issei, in this moments the desire of Draig is that issei will be his owner, and the only one who is allowed use his powers.

With the True Longinus is the same, currently we do not know WHAT ENTITY IS SEALED INSIDE THE HOLY SPEAR?.
But we know that the leyend said that is the same spear which St. Longinus used to kill "Jesus Christ", and the Truth Idea represent the "Will of the God from the Bible", with this i think that the entity sealed inside the Holy Spear is Jesus Christ, the Son of the God of the Bible, and after connect with the hearth of the user, he decided who will give his power, and even create miracles.

Well this is my theory...
Old 2014-02-23, 00:07   Link #2593
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
so far issei has only used it 3 times

1st being shalba boosted with ophis's snake's and he then rivaled the previous maou in power got one shotted by issei in his incomplete juggernaut overdrive

2nd against the jabberwocky wich sirzech's servants could only put a dent upon
issei just came back with great red and ophi's help and got boosted by great red since he didn't like how the jabberwocky looked at him.

DDraig then stated it was a forbidden technique he should've never unlocked

3rd time being against grayfia's brother in volume 17.

to trully understand what the damage/effects of it are we need to have it examined by azazel wich will happen this volume or the next.
all we know at the moment is that it's a VERY powerfull beam attack.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:09   Link #2594
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Well, the Longinus are Weapons with entities who have the power to kill gods are sealed inside them, for example Draig and Albion, It means that each longinus has his own will, For example if Albion do not desire fight against Draig, then he is free of not give his powers to Vali, and the same is for issei, in this moments the desire of Draig is that issei will be his owner, and the only one who is allowed use his powers.

With the True Longinus is the same, currently we do not know WHAT ENTITY IS SEALED INSIDE THE HOLY SPEAR?.
But we know that the leyend said that is the same spear which St. Longinus used to kill "Jesus Christ", and the Truth Idea represent the "Will of the God from the Bible", with this i think that the entity sealed inside the Holy Spear is Jesus Christ, the Son of the God of the Bible, and after connect with the hearth of the user, he decided who will give his power, and even create miracles.

Well this is my theory...
Prehaps only longinus with living beings sealed within them have their own will like Boosted gear, divine dividing and regulus nemea and true longinus having the will of god, but others like zenith tempest which has no living being or will of god in it is no different than a weapon with no thoughts/will of its own

Last edited by aw454wtr; 2014-02-23 at 00:10. Reason: spelling
Old 2014-02-23, 00:14   Link #2595
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Prehaps only longinus with living beings sealed within them have their own will like Boosted gear, divine dividing and regulus nemea and true longinus having the will of god, but others like zenith tempest which has no living being or will of god in it is no different than a weapon with no thoughts/will of its own
During the "Kyoto Incident" in Volume 9, the original Sun Wukong tells Georg that he needs to talk with his Longinus to better grasp its abilities. This suggests that the remaining Longinus that don't have a creature sealed inside them, instead have some other form of consciousness.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:20   Link #2596
kikix

The name longinus smasher may have few stories behind it.

1) As it is the weapon used during Juggernaught Drive, which is basically a berserk mode that causes self-destruction, it may actually be an attack that destroys its own user upon use. The longinus "smashed" in this case would be the boosted gear...or rather its users, as sacred gears cannot be destroyed apparently.
2) It may be an attack specifically made to counter longinus-level power. Since the very existence of a longinus can cause world-wide problems (their abilities are overly powerful, like an ability to kill a god or create an army of powerful creatures). An attack that is at the level of a longinus, furthermore wielded by a user of sacred gear that can BOOST it even more, is clearly a taboo. A taboo which may be last resort against abuse of other longinuses.
3) It may have ability to actually destroy longinus-level sacred gears completely, which otherwise would just "repair" themselves when going to a new user. This may or may not cause their owner to die. If it's the latter, I could see it as a potential way to rid Valerie of the Grails.
4) It may not be "The one that smashes longinus" but "Longinus that does the smashing". In other words, 'Longinus' in the name is talking about the boosted gear itself with 'Smasher' part just meaning that it is a powerful attack ability used by that longinus (boosted gear). Just a different way to read the same thing.
5) It may be just a big name for a big-ass laser beam to sound even more powerful.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:39   Link #2597
Destryder
New Anime Watcher

Does anybody have an english translated volume 17 yet?
Old 2014-02-23, 00:44   Link #2598
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think that people forget what Isse famliar is. I think that his familar can help in a situation like this, after all I get the feeling that Isse familiar has the right protection for a place like that.
CCQ = Freedom Gundam
CCQ + Dividing Wyvern Fairy = Strike Freedom Gundam
Do you know what would be a cool form for Ryuuteimaru? METEOR Unit.

He would combine with Ryuuteimaru then fire lots of lasers and blast his enemies to kingdom come
Old 2014-02-23, 00:44   Link #2599
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destryder View Post
n0m@n is waiting on his hard copy to start the translation.
Old 2014-02-23, 00:45   Link #2600
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destryder View Post
http://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.com/

this is the translator's blog he's the only guy translating it into english and he's currently awaiting for his copy to arrive

since vol 17 came out feb 20ish it's gonna take a few weeks to get to him + 2ish months or more to translate

so no nobody has a translated volume 17
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life