Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 16:22   Link #361
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Did you not see the flashback? Her friends were gang raped and she escaped/ran away. She was the only one of the group not raped. It is being implied that she did not call the cops to rescue them.
So she's hot, knows super cool guys, and to top it all off, she was lucky enough to not get raped along with the rest of them. Making someone disappear just because of that's just sick.

By the way, she did go straight to the cops.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:28   Link #362
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, she did go straight to the cops.
Yeah, cause soon after, she's telling that the guys got arrested, her friends moving away.

But in this situation, you need to blame someone. A "bouc émissaire", kind of, for what happened. Those guys were trash, there is no question about it. But why did they got raped in the first place ?
Because of her. She's the one who invited them, and on top of that she escaped.
Obviously, she's the culprit to the other girls.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:12   Link #363
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Yeah, cause soon after, she's telling that the guys got arrested, her friends moving away.

But in this situation, you need to blame someone. A "bouc émissaire", kind of, for what happened. Those guys were trash, there is no question about it. But why did they got raped in the first place ?
Because of her. She's the one who invited them, and on top of that she escaped.
Obviously, she's the culprit to the other girls.
That doesn't mean that she did go straight for the cops. What she said in ep.2 was "I got to call the cops. Mom." However, she kept running and did not dial whatever 911 is in Japan on her cellphone from a safe spot or go for the apartment manager. What one girl in particular saw was the MC running away while she was crying for her to help her. You need to go to wikia for the "dirt" on what happened with that party.

And those friends got 100.000 yen each for nominating Himiko per episode 2.

Last edited by orion; 2012-11-04 at 20:27.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 20:59   Link #364
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
That doesn't mean that she did go straight for the cops. What she said in ep.2 was "I got to call the cops. Mom." However, she kept running and did not dial whatever 911 is in Japan on her cellphone from a safe spot or go for the apartment manager. What one girl in particular saw was the MC running away while she was crying for her to help her. You need to go to wikia for the "dirt" on what happened with that party.

And those friends got 100.000 yen each for nominating Himiko per episode 2.
I'm assuming her cellphone was in her bag which stayed in the appartement. She was in shock so it's maybe the reason she went to the police station before even thinking to call them.
On the rest, we agree with each other.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:00   Link #365
orion

Quote:
I'm assuming her cellphone was in her bag which stayed in the appartement. She was in shock so it's maybe the reason she went to the police station before even thinking to call them.
On the rest, we agree with each other.
Cellphones are usually carried in the skirt pockets. We still don't have confirmation that she went to the police. She was involved in that party but she didn't move away. So she prob did not call the police. The moving away part is due to neg reaction secondary to publicity (name in newspaper, TV etc.).

We can agree to disagree. However, angels and normal people are not being sent to that island.

And... when Himiko entered the apt, the only bag she had was the convenience store bag, no purse or other bag was on her person (ep. 2 17:35). Himiko was only shown in ep. 2 running away.

Last edited by orion; 2012-11-04 at 21:18.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 21:10   Link #366
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, since the episode has aired, can we make a comparison to the source now?

Spoiler for Comparison to the source:
Old 2012-11-05, 09:46   Link #367
klare

so Ryota's mom knew her son likes to play bomber game and kindly send him to play it for real

giant lizards? great, now they have to waste their bims on non players...
Old 2012-11-05, 18:20   Link #368
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oooh, she was in shock and too terrified to do pretty much anything. Ergo: She clearly deserved to disappear. How dare she be the only sexy one yet be the only one not to get raped?
Old 2012-11-05, 18:56   Link #369
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oooh, she was in shock and too terrified to do pretty much anything. Ergo: She clearly deserved to disappear.
I don't think any forthcoming explanation on Himeko's part will be able to make up for the fact that a) she got her friends gangraped, and b) not only did she run away (in terror, yes, but she still left them behind) but she wasn't even able to report the crime in question. In her own mind, she deserved every bit of hate her friends had for her, regardless of the actual circumstances, which is why she didn't even react to being sent to the island.
Old 2012-11-05, 19:16   Link #370
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In her own mind, she deserved every bit of hate her friends had for her, regardless of the actual circumstances, which is why she didn't even react to being sent to the island.
Then why is she asking herself "is it my punishment ?" if she has already set her my on that part.
To me, she didn't react to the hate cause has you said, she thinks she deserves it.
But being sent away ? Was she even aware that this thing was for real ?

We might get a bit off topic but what was she supposed to do ? Sit down quietly and wait for her turn to come ? Who the hell would have done that...

When dealing with a traumatic event, one can't always be a hero.
I do believe that the first thought was to run away for self-preservation.
She did stop when her friend called for her, though. It's pretty hard to figure what's best in a situation that brutal.
Old 2012-11-05, 20:15   Link #371
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I read the Manga again and it was never mentioned that she was running away without calling the cops. I think its clear that she was the one who called them in the first place.
Chapter 34 page 13.
"Gotta run... Must escape from here.. to the police...!! to mother..!!"
Spoiler for chapter 34 page 13:

Chapter 34 page 17.
After she escaped.
"this incident was quickly exposed to the general public."
Spoiler for chapter 34 page 17:

Himeko believes she deserves to be punished because she was the one who took them to her senpai's place and she was the only one who could escape and was not raped.
Chapter 34 page 16.
Spoiler for chapter 34 page 16:

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2012-11-05 at 20:31.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 21:30   Link #372
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I don't think any forthcoming explanation on Himeko's part will be able to make up for the fact that a) she got her friends gangraped, and b) not only did she run away (in terror, yes, but she still left them behind) but she wasn't even able to report the crime in question. In her own mind, she deserved every bit of hate her friends had for her, regardless of the actual circumstances, which is why she didn't even react to being sent to the island.
How DARE she not get raped. How DARE she! How dare she do the sensible thing and get away from a bunch of guys she can't face on her own! She totally deserves to disappear! What a load of bull.
Old 2012-11-05, 21:57   Link #373
orion

Quote:
Then why is she asking herself "is it my punishment ?" if she has already set her my on that part.
To me, she didn't react to the hate cause has you said, she thinks she deserves it.
But being sent away ? Was she even aware that this thing was for real ?

We might get a bit off topic but what was she supposed to do ? Sit down quietly and wait for her turn to come ? Who the hell would have done that...

When dealing with a traumatic event, one can't always be a hero.
I do believe that the first thought was to run away for self-preservation.
She did stop when her friend called for her, though. It's pretty hard to figure what's best in a situation that brutal.
Self preservation ended when she exited the building and no one was following her. She could have used the cellphone and dialed for the police. Pulled an emergency fire alarm in the building if there was one. All those "I got to call" never happened.
Old 2012-11-05, 22:15   Link #374
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I still don't get where this false accusation, that she did nothing, is comming from.
It is heavy implied, both in the manga and the anime, that she called the cops or seeked some other form of help.
Old 2012-11-05, 22:33   Link #375
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I still don't get where this false accusation, that she did nothing, is comming from.
It is heavy implied, both in the manga and the anime, that she called the cops or seeked some other form of help.
No, it's only implied to the people who want to see it that way. Anyone could have called the police. However, she didn't have to move away which also implies that no one knew about her being there. This also implies that she was not the caller. Also so far, no flashback has her with the cops outside of the building.

And...she also never stated that she did call the police. That flashback gives the impression of someone getting the heck out of Dodge.
Old 2012-11-05, 23:30   Link #376
Znail

Quote:
No, it's only implied to the people who want to see it that way. Anyone could have called the police. However, she didn't have to move away which also implies that no one knew about her being there. This also implies that she was not the caller. Also so far, no flashback has her with the cops outside of the building.

And...she also never stated that she did call the police. That flashback gives the impression of someone getting the heck out of Dodge.
Why would she have to move away? The girls had to move as they were known rape victims, ie damaged goods worth even less then used goods.

And why wouldn't anyone know that she were there? No matter if she called or not so would she be an important vitness for the trial. Everyone involved knew her too and the girls had no reason to keep her out of it.

As for implications so is there two for her calling and none against. She is thinking about the police when she runs away. She is also blaming herself for taking them there and for escaping, but nothing about not calling the police afterwards.

Would you really have just run away without calling the police and not felt bad about that?
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 23:46   Link #377
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Why would she have to move away? The girls had to move as they were known rape victims, ie damaged goods worth even less then used goods.
Because of press and fan backlash, she would have also been caught up in all of that as she was also at the party. Her appearance also would have made her a prime target for anger if her involvement was public.

Quote:
And why wouldn't anyone know that she were there? No matter if she called or not so would she be an important vitness for the trial. Everyone involved knew her too and the girls had no reason to keep her out of it.

As for implications so is there two for her calling and none against. She is thinking about the police when she runs away. She is also blaming herself for taking them there and for escaping, but nothing about not calling the police afterwards.
With all the evidence from what was done to those girls including the tape, they prob didn't need the testimony of someone arriving after the fact.

You can think of things all the time. But if you're not shown doing it, then it didn't happen imo. Also the translated words that she is using is not supporting that she followed thru. If she did, then she would have said "I called the police. They arrived fast."

Quote:
Would you really have just run away without calling the police and not felt bad about that?
The victims prob thought the exact same thing. Obviously, we are missing a few details.
Old 2012-11-06, 00:44   Link #378
Znail

Quote:
You can think of things all the time. But if you're not shown doing it, then it didn't happen imo.
That works both ways, we didn't see her run and hide without calling the police either, so it didn't happen.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 00:59   Link #379
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
That works both ways, we didn't see her run and hide without calling the police either, so it didn't happen.
So the big questions are.
-Why make accusations if the case seems to be not really clear in the first place?
-Does the "innocent until proven guilty" suddenly not count anymore?
-Is Himiko really giving the impression to just abondon her friends like that without even calling for help? Which human being with a conscience and that is not a monster would do that in the first place?
Old 2012-11-06, 05:09   Link #380
Aesthetic Shampoo

When i read it, i was given the impression that her friends sent her to the island because they thought that she purposefully lured them to the apartment to be raped. Afterwards, she would be too ashamed to even face them so they wouldn't know the truth. Different interpretations i guess. But hey, i also thought that she was the one that called the police as well.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen