AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 11:30   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

I think that the star represents minori's feelings... once she feels more than friendship, she feels like her heart is broken and she doesn't accept her own feelings. Ryuuji is the one who will fix that, obviously the relationship will be never the same, but still it will shine, as Ryuuji said.

Ryuuji said her loud an clear: "I'm here"...
Old 2009-02-06, 11:41   Link #42
Caster13
=^_^=

Minorin just can't catch a break. With her combination of bad luck and circumstances, I could really feel for her. When she was doubled over the star, crying, and saying Ryuuji's name as he helped, I thought she was just about to let everything out. I want to say it's brave of her to manage to hold in all of her feelings but that's exactly what the problem is.

And this is exactly the kind of thing that Ryuuji needs to push him forward. Minorin is already past the point where she knows what to do with herself and her feelings, she's been festering inside for quite a while now. And needing help from others is exactly the kind of thing to motivate Ryuuji's caring nature. I think that's what pushed him to finally be so forward and ask Minorin to the dance with him,
Old 2009-02-06, 11:54   Link #43
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Having just bought volume 7 a weeks ago, I wanted to go through the book before I started watching this arc get animated, so I purposely stayed away from all forums and blogs relating to Toradora until now. Seeing how they breezed through volume 6 in 2 episodes, I thought JC Staff would conclude volume 7 in episode 18 again, guess I was wrong. But the pacing so far is just superb, and nothing important felt left out.

The new OP silky love is a massive improvement from the previous one, and the tune and lyrics now feel more serious than the light-hearted Pre-Parade.

And the new ED ORANGE was simply breathtaking, with the nice orange background over the characters, and the catchy song that was on par with Vanilla Salt, if not surpassing it.

Episode 17: Taiga in angel mode is just absolutely adorable to watch.

Ryuuji doesn't realize he's getting pissed off by other people wanting to meddle in Taiga's affairs when in the past it used to be his exclusive privilege. Even Maya realizes this.

For some reason, Maya's seiyuu, Nonaka Ai, just has a very "moe" voice, whether she's doing eccentric chibi girls like Fuuko in Clannad, or energetic gal-girls like Maya. With Sumire out of the picture, I'd back the Maruo x Maya ship with pleasure. Contrary to what people are thinking, I'm sure Taiga wouldn't mind, for reasons that will become apparent soon.

Episode 18: Of course, before Maya, Ami has realized this fact long ago. But it is still an enigma as to her own feelings towards Ryuuji. Minorin is struggling to come to terms with her feelings, but she feels that she won't be able to move forward without hurting someone.

Taiga is still punishing herself for her predicament, hoping against hope that her Santa will watch over her, while not knowing there is indeed someone watching over her.

Next episode will be a turning point, that's all I can say.

This is what I call superb drama, not even the crap drama my local TV stations produce, which is always about spoilt rich grown-ups fighting each other for their dead parents' inheritance, compares to this, simple slice-of-life story.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2009-02-06 at 12:09.
Old 2009-02-06, 12:01   Link #44
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As always, I've written my reflections, analysis, and episodic impressions. I hope you like it:

Toradora 18: From retrogression to forward action

Cheers!
Old 2009-02-06, 12:02   Link #45
wynaut
Photoshopper

this is going to be the start of focusing among the 3 girls and ryujii..

im looking forward what will happen next with regards to the feelings of minorin towards ryujii(vice versa) and also to amin...^^
Old 2009-02-06, 12:30   Link #46
Molenir

Well, one this is for sure, this episode settled without any doubt what Ami's feelings toward Ryuji are. Like others, Toradora continues to go without letdown. I'm very surprised to realize it has edged closer to Skip Beat in terms of favorite animes right now. And since they're both on at the same time, this is even more impressive of a feat.

Can't wait to see how this all works out, with Minori torn over her feelings for Ryuji, and her friendship with Taiga. With Ami on the sidelines wishing for another chance.
Old 2009-02-06, 12:32   Link #47
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
As always, I've written my reflections, analysis, and episodic impressions. I hope you like it:

Toradora 18: From retrogression to forward action

Cheers!

Heh, I need no further say on that. You can try reading what I said there, mister.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-06, 13:20   Link #48
wynaut
Photoshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I got the feeling he didn't really quite heard that last part inside your spoiler... but yeah, that was VERY interesting, IMHO.
yes, he actually didn't hear it.. too bad for ryujii.. however, in my opinion even he heard it or not his feelings still for minorin as for now. . .
Old 2009-02-06, 13:32   Link #49
Fran~
floating away...

Yes, the end of the episode is clear about how serious is Ryuuji about Minori...
Old 2009-02-06, 14:30   Link #50
typhonsentra

Obviously "Nothing" happened in this episode but I liked that we saw each character get a nice scene with Ryuuji in this episode. I wonder what Maya was going to say to him.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:55   Link #51
r0cawearz

When Taiga said everyone will be happy in the end during Christmas, it can't happen. Taiga, Minori and Ami all focus their happiness on Takasu. Takasu is the "santa" that watches over Taiga, but if he goes with Minori or Ami, she won't have that person watching over her(though it can be said that Kitamura is there for her, I generally don't agree.) Minori is feeling very uneasy around Takasu, yet Taiga supports it. Ami wants to be loved and noticed as well, but so far it doesn't seem like it will happen as she leaves the door after the conversation in the gym.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:24   Link #52
Brizzle

I think most people are missing on what exactly Minori is confused and/or unsure about. She's aware that she is attracted to Ryuuji. What she isn't sure of, and the thing that's bothering her, is how Taiga feels about him. She doesn't want to hurt Taiga by "taking" Ryuuji from her.
Old 2009-02-06, 17:18   Link #53
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

With the whole "what the star represents"
I was under the impression that it was just a shiny star ornament.
D:
Haha I guess I'm not sophisticated enough, I guess. It was so shiny, and the flitting paper confetti in the first like minute of the episode was really cool too
Old 2009-02-06, 17:31   Link #54
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
poor ami-chwan, and bakaryuuji never listens
Old 2009-02-06, 17:35   Link #55
Fran~
floating away...

Ryuuji is crazy for Minori... Ami will need more than a conversation at an empty room to take Minori away from his head.
Old 2009-02-06, 18:13   Link #56
thepik241

When/what was the first chance Ryuuji had with Ami?
Old 2009-02-06, 18:45   Link #57
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepik241 View Post
When/what was the first chance Ryuuji had with Ami?
Ever since she first met Ryuuji and being together during the stalker episode.

Well all Ryuuji wants is just some peace from Ami and not getting teased by her all the time, especially after he knows her actual personality. If I were Ryuuji to witness Ami's actual personality I'd be scared like hell if I were to get some involvement with her, and choose to be really, really careful and try to dismiss any sudden advances, as it might be a trick she's trying to pick on me. Maybe that's his mindset.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-06, 19:00   Link #58
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
poor ami-chwan, and bakaryuuji never listens

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a relationship between Takasu and Ami. They go together in an interesting way. To be honest it seems like out of everybody she gives him the most advice directly. She's always being that older and mature person, and she's always giving him advice (mostly about Minorin). In the end I think she ends up helping him quite a bit, or possibly not at all. But she tries. Just as well, Takasu has helped her severely since they first met to the point where he pretty much got her to be a better person all his own. Even if it wasn't all him, he could have just as easily changed her himself.

Plus they seem to get along quite well in a strange way. I never see them alone together and think bad things.

But that aside, it's time to talk about Episode 18. I enjoyed it considerably and for me it just made everything so worth it. I never regret watching Toradora!, and after this episode I don't think I ever will. It was nice to see all the Taiga happiness and a lot of things sort of being fixed and solved. Although Minorin isn't fully back to her usual self, she's definitely getting there. Then we see more of Ami's somewhat lonely side revolving around the fact that Takasu isn't interested in her (Poor Ami... ). Also, who could forget the positively dramatic Christmas Tree?

I don't know what was cooler, how it looked when it was up, or how elegantly it crashed. <_< Personally I question the physics involved in Window + Blackout Curtain + Baseball = Sturdy-looking tree crashing to the floor.

But then again, I'm not a physicist.

About Ami, I don't think Takasu really has qualms about Ami at this point. In the past he didn't enjoy her personality, but at this point in time she's clearly changed for the better. To my knowledge, she doesn't really do much picking on him at this point. Even in the past, I don't remember her picking on him much if at all.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:14   Link #59
Fran~
floating away...

Ami started with the wrong foot... that's her problem with Ryuuji, the poor boy doesn't trust in her.
That's why she asked "another chance", that way she can show Ryuuji her feelings for him... besides, and i'm agree with ami in this, she sees that Ryuuji is taking so many responsabilities on Taiga, he is acting as an overprotective father. Futhermore, the poor ami musts face that Ryuuji is crazy for Minori...
Old 2009-02-06, 19:19   Link #60
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I don't know what was cooler, how it looked when it was up, or how elegantly it crashed. <_< Personally I question the physics involved in Window + Blackout Curtain + Baseball = Sturdy-looking tree crashing to the floor.

But then again, I'm not a physicist.
lol I asked this too, I mean I've kicked a football at lesser looker stuff and had the thing just wobbled at most.

on the whole Ami-chwan and her 2nd chance, if she wants her man she should just do a pose like the one in that recent megami scan!(I'm still completely smitten by it)

all should be forgiven!

and if that doesn't work then all I can say is "I pity the fool......who wouldn't some of that!"