AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 04:56   Link #7081
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tried my second heroic today, HoO. We did mostly alright on the bosses...trash ate us though. Probably because I'm new to being the main CC caster. Fear is something I've not needed to use as Crowd Control in a long time (as I usually run with a Mage) Or at least long term CC. I've used it to keep a mob off use for a short period of time, or used it to interrupt a caster, or Death Coil to pull something away from a spot (worked nice when a hex or root broke and the mob got too close to the paladin tank's Consacration to be re-rooted/hexed). But I'm not use to having to keep an eye on a mob and recast Fear on it every 10 or so seconds. It does effect my damage output a bit, and can be messed up easily enough if you get interrupted at the wrong time. Also found I need to watch my Imp, since he'll break it if he starts firing at it on auto.

I am so use to Fear being mostly useless after the removal of CoR that I still think of it as unreliable for CC work. And even glyphed I still don't think it will last long enough because the only times I use it is in PVP or when I need a mob to stop attacking me for three seconds while my Shadowfury is on CD and Death Coil would run them into other mobs. It is probably the most reliable CC there is...just it only lasts 12 seconds, but can hold even if damaged a little, unlike polymorph.

Trouble with this group was it was mostly melee. DK tank, Warrior, and another DK dps with a druid healer and a warlock. The druid and I did CC with roots and fear, which if you aren't use to using fear as a long term CC can be trouble. Our other problem seemed to be stairs and us fight near the top of them while the CCed mobs were beyond the top of thee stairs..thus making it LOS issue to get them re-CCed.

We managed to get it done without anyone quitting, but I think it took at least an hour and a half, maybe two hours. After a 40 minute queue, that is. The Horde had just taken Tol Barad when I queue up. The Alliance had taken the place by the time I got out of the heroic. (It was a LFG run, since my guildees were not on..they came out shortly before I finished, asked how long it took. I asked "What day is it?")

My only real mistake was misclicking "greed" on the orb instead of need like everyone else had already done.
Old 2011-02-16, 03:26   Link #7082
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well my guild and me now appear have to gotten use to Magmaw, Onmitron Defense Council, Conclave, and Halius[plus joke of boss for BH ] as we downed all of them by 3rd attempt tonight, so tomorrow we'll be working on another boss hopefully.

Interesting note on Halius since it was shadow nova + both buffs to the behemoth, we decided to kill whelps and both drakes that were up since the AoE healing was just absurd during our first two wipes, and third we did that and it was rough still at times, but we managed to kill minute quicker than we did last week despite taking on the third drake .

And just wondering for other servers, but here it seems like since the patch the offensive side is winning now probably 80% of the time and ussually pretty quickly too.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 16:36   Link #7083
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well my guild and me now appear have to gotten use to Magmaw, Onmitron Defense Council, Conclave, and Halius[plus joke of boss for BH ] as we downed all of them by 3rd attempt tonight, so tomorrow we'll be working on another boss hopefully.

Interesting note on Halius since it was shadow nova + both buffs to the behemoth, we decided to kill whelps and both drakes that were up since the AoE healing was just absurd during our first two wipes, and third we did that and it was rough still at times, but we managed to kill minute quicker than we did last week despite taking on the third drake .

And just wondering for other servers, but here it seems like since the patch the offensive side is winning now probably 80% of the time and ussually pretty quickly too.
We tried releasing all 2 drakes and the whelps at the same time, but the problem with our attempts is that the whelps are all not fully picked up and go ballistic on our raid group so we just decided to take the easy 1 drake and whelp takedown

Blizzard is having some tough time completely fixing Tol Barad it seems..
Old 2011-02-16, 18:54   Link #7084
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interestingly I've seen Tol Barad switch ownership more often than Wintergrasp was after they changed the system on Wintergrasp. It is a recent change since previously Tol Barad was held by the Horde with the Alliance only getting it on Tuesdays (much like Wintergrasp was post-change...which is a reverse of how it was when 3.3 started...since US Arygos is a Alliance majority server, the Alliance use to hold Wintergrasp most of the time with the Horde gaining it on Tuesdays.) Now it seems to switch more often than that with the Alliance managing to hold it even on a weekend.
Old 2011-02-16, 19:45   Link #7085
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
We tried releasing all 2 drakes and the whelps at the same time, but the problem with our attempts is that the whelps are all not fully picked up and go ballistic on our raid group so we just decided to take the easy 1 drake and whelp takedown

Blizzard is having some tough time completely fixing Tol Barad it seems..
Yea we tried picking up whelps and a drake on one of the attempts, that was just a bad idea , it's much easier to manage one at a time [at least in 10 man, 25 man extra tank could make it possible].

Indeed I am kind of expecting them to tone it down to say a 125~175% capture rate, rather than the current 200% in tol barad atm.
MAL
Old 2011-02-17, 06:43   Link #7086
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ran in my third heroic (Stonecore). Got in towards the end as they were on the second to last boss. Found by dps to be rather bad in that and the last fight. First was all the reflected dots killed by damage. Second there was too much movement. The tank dragged her all over the place, from one end of the area to the other.

But I got my Chaos Orb at last and made my Engineering goggles making me hit capped at last. Now I can do raids and use a proper damging elixir rather than one for hit. Still need to test by dps again to be sure I've not messed something up again. 10k seems to be the standard entry level for raids. I've seen Warriors, Rogues, and Death Knights pulling 17k dps in 5-mans.
Old 2011-02-17, 12:47   Link #7087
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But I got my Chaos Orb at last and made my Engineering goggles making me hit capped at last. Now I can do raids and use a proper damging elixir rather than one for hit. Still need to test by dps again to be sure I've not messed something up again. 10k seems to be the standard entry level for raids. I've seen Warriors, Rogues, and Death Knights pulling 17k dps in 5-mans.
They probably had some epic gear to pull that DPS in addition if they joined thru the random finder, remember they get +5~15% damage done.
MAL
Old 2011-02-19, 13:58   Link #7088
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ran in my third heroic (Stonecore). Got in towards the end as they were on the second to last boss. Found by dps to be rather bad in that and the last fight. First was all the reflected dots killed by damage. Second there was too much movement. The tank dragged her all over the place, from one end of the area to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
They probably had some epic gear to pull that DPS in addition if they joined thru the random finder, remember they get +5~15% damage done.
17k.... They must be raid geared by now if they raided Cataclysm hardcore.. I can only pull up to 12-13k on my Unholy Death Knight ever since they nerfed them and I'm pre-raid gear besides a trinket and a chestplate (and some enchantments) was the Death Knight frost if you could tell?
Old 2011-02-19, 19:52   Link #7089
demonfang

I just bought a guild charter for AnimeSuki on The Underbog, Alliance side. Anyone interested in creating an alt and joining? Send a tell to either Demonfang or my alts Kamihakaisha, Natori, Silvania or Senhime if you are.
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:17   Link #7090
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
I just bought a guild charter for AnimeSuki on The Underbog, Alliance side. Anyone interested in creating an alt and joining? Send a tell to either Demonfang or my alts Kamihakaisha, Natori, Silvania or Senhime if you are.
Oh, someone that is going to attempt to make a guild for AnimeSuki? I have to join in hmmm... My alt on there would be named "Hoovesahoy" since they don't take "Hooves" as long enough.... But it would be interesting if everyone else found the time to join in

The choice of server is quite interesting... "New Players" as recommended population, which would make it hard to start anything good but it's just an alt guild for us right? But would also like to know what everyone else is going to be if they join in.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-02-19 at 21:40.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 01:10   Link #7091
demonfang

Surprisingly for a 'New Players' server there's already enough lvl 85s running around doing Heroic Raids.

I just picked it since I doubt there'll be any queues to get in.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:28   Link #7092
Xacual

I might have made an alt there if I hadn't just started leveling a priest on a pvp server. First time leveling on a pvp server and I've been surprised by the fact that I'm 40 now and have yet to be ganked. Some level 85 feral druid tried to moonfire me to death and I just shielded ran and healed after the debuff ran out. Luckily feral druid moonfire is weak or I probably would have fried. Also while questing in Western Plaguelands a shadow priest one level higher than me tried to attack me. I killed him and then for good measure killed him again after he ressed just to establish the status quot for him. He didn't bother me again while I was questing

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 01:37   Link #7093
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Surprisingly for a 'New Players' server there's already enough lvl 85s running around doing Heroic Raids.

Probably Realm Tranferees trying to get the Realm-First achievements.

Cheers.
Old 2011-02-20, 18:53   Link #7094
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Probably Realm Tranferees trying to get the Realm-First achievements.

Cheers.
The extent people will pay for to get achievements
Old 2011-02-21, 09:54   Link #7095
demonfang

Quote:
I'll be on for most of the day. Give these chars a whisper and I'll get you guys signed up.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:02   Link #7096
Rag

Very old player here, I quit WoW each time I got a player to level 14. Just wanna ask, is the new expansion worth coming back to wow? (still on the fence here)
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:08   Link #7097
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Depends on why you quit. If it was because you got bored by level 14 I don't think there's anything the expansion could do to interest you. They streamlined the questing quite a bit but at its heart it's still the same game and if you were bored then you'd still probably be now. If you quit for another reason, I'd still say no, but my issues aren't ones someone starting fresh would share so I won't bother listing them here.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:54   Link #7098
Rag

It's not that I was bored, I just got to level 14 and then had no idea what to do afterwards. I tried a Tauren, elf, blood-elf, those new guys from burning crusade and each time I get to level 14 (though from 1-14 was insanely fun) and bam, I have no idea what to do.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, this game doesn't have 11 million players for nothing.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:30   Link #7099
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah, previously I guess the game was kind of bad at telling you where to go next. That is different now; there's a pretty linear path through leveling now, probably too linear. It's very unlikely you'd get stuck now.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:57   Link #7100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
Very old player here, I quit WoW each time I got a player to level 14. Just wanna ask, is the new expansion worth coming back to wow? (still on the fence here)
I say wait for Rift and give that a try first.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows