AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-20, 16:06   Link #1
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ojamajo Doremi TV

Anyone here a fan of Ojamajo Doremi??? I LOVE TAHT SHOW!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 16:13   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I never realised that there was four seasons of this series (of about 50 eps each). But I'm sure I read somewhere this show had been licensed!

Edit: from Anime News Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN on 2003-10-15
According to a report from C21 Media, 4Kids Entertainment is working on sealing a deal with Toei to acquire the magical girl series "Ojamajo Doremi". Do Re Mi would be used to diversify the Fox Box line-up and attract a female audience.
So, maybe it will get licensed.

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-20 at 16:19. Reason: Update
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 16:16   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

They show it in germany and Mexico And Hong Kong oh and I think Korea. A long time ago there was talk about it but nothing has happened woth it being licensed. I don't care if it is dubbed i would watch it LOL. There r only 4 subbed episodes and 16 DVD ones taht r really badly subbed.
Old 2004-01-20, 16:18   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Cound Italy as one. It's pretty famous here (Famous = LOTS of merchandise and gadgets).

But it's aimed at younger kids, so the fans are pretty much between 7/15.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 16:19   Link #5
lordwu

I think it's licensed by 4Kids and most likely will be dubbed only, unfortunately.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 16:40   Link #6
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
I think it's licensed by 4Kids and most likely will be dubbed only, unfortunately.
Until now there're no reports of it being licensed... just one notice (see link provided by xris) that 4Kids were trying to get it.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 16:53   Link #7
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Until now there're no reports of it being licensed... just one notice (see link provided by xris) that 4Kids were trying to get it.
According to animeondvd.com (you can search the press archives), 4Kids completed the deal for DoReMi and it will be coming to US TV, again, probably dubbed only. I shudder to think what's going to happen to it in the US, and it's a shame because as far as I can tell, the other non-Japanese versions are pretty close to the original.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 17:10   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
According to animeondvd.com (you can search the press archives)...
Really, I was unable to turn anything up at AoD searching for ojamajo or doremi. Couldn't find it in their licensing lists either. Their forums did have a number of hits but none seemed to be about the anime, just that TokyoPop have licensed the manga (not that I inspected all the threads). But I was sure I did see somewhere it was licensed (but then, maybe I was just remembering the manga being licensed).

If you can provide a link to the mention in AoD, would be grateful.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 17:16   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

onpu-tan.... ha-ha-...
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:04   Link #10
bluemist
i am the mist

Ojamajo Doremi is being shown here in the name "Magical Doremi". Only the first series though. I'd like to see more!

I heard there were four series of 50+ episodes each, so I guess it had gone pretty popular in Japan.

By the way it's licensed, and I recall some "funny" interview about how they will market Doremi in America. I'll have to search for it first.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:23   Link #11
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

They manga is horrible since it isn't based on the manga it is a creation of Toei. If they do dub it I hope they don't butcher it. Buit I can just buy the japanese ones and then with my wonderful japanese skills (not) figure out what is going on. LOL well I will buy them and have fun. They better have some of the original music, that music rules

Yes there are 4 seasons of Ojamajo Doremi it aired along side digimon like every new season of didmon a new season of ojamajo. Now they have both stpped airing and i'm sad

1999- Ojamajo Doremi (season 1)
2000- Ojamajo Doremi Sharp (season 2)
2001- Ojamajo Doremi Mo~tto (season 3)
2002- Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan (season 4)
Old 2004-01-20, 22:30   Link #12
bluemist
i am the mist

From Animenation News

http://animenation.net/news/index.php?id=5490

According to C21 Media News, 4Kids Entertainment is in final negotiations to acquire the English language translation and distribution rights to the wildly successful Ojamajo Doremi shoujo anime TV series. "4Kids' CEO Al Khan told C21 that he is bringing the toon to Fox Box in an attempt to expand the gender demographic of the block... 'The designs are pretty so they appeal to girls, but the characters are very sexy so boys like them,' he said. 'We're hoping to mix and match the block's gender appeal.'"

"...sexy so boys like them???" I didn't think "sexy" is a correct term for something cute and childish like Ojamajo Doremi. I laughed when I saw that phrase hehe.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 22:40   Link #13
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
From Animenation News

http://animenation.net/news/index.php?id=5490

According to C21 Media News, 4Kids Entertainment is in final negotiations to acquire the English language translation and distribution rights to the wildly successful Ojamajo Doremi shoujo anime TV series. "4Kids' CEO Al Khan told C21 that he is bringing the toon to Fox Box in an attempt to expand the gender demographic of the block... 'The designs are pretty so they appeal to girls, but the characters are very sexy so boys like them,' he said. 'We're hoping to mix and match the block's gender appeal.'"

"...sexy so boys like them???" I didn't think "sexy" is a correct term for something cute and childish like Ojamajo Doremi. I laughed when I saw that phrase hehe.
LMAO sexy? WTF no they r just UBER kawaii ^-^ they better have a good opening theme and not screw with name and so on, have good voices other wise I'm fine with it...sort of LOL
Old 2004-06-04, 02:25   Link #14
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ojamajo Doremi

Ok, didn't 4Kids license this awhile ago? I remember reading that in Toon Zone.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 02:36   Link #15
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Just a rumor. Find an official announcement that it's liscensed by 4Kids, and I'll more than gladly have the torrent pulled off scarywater and the link pulled off animesuki.

However, 4kids tends to butcher shows too much for my taste, so I make no promises on stopping the fansubs completely...
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 07:01   Link #16
Suikun

It was only announced that 4Kids was seriously interested in picking it up as part of their push to gain girl viewers; not too long after that, they announced that they had Tokyo Mew Mew. My guess is that they didn't like Doremi and instead opted for Mew Mew for their token "girl power Saturday morning cartoon".

Anyway, I usually download fansubs guilt-free if the licensor doesn't release a subtitled Japanese version on DVD. If they release dub only DVDs, which I refuse to support at the very least by principle alone, then they aren't going to be losing any money whether I download fansubs or not. If they decide that the anime fan/DVD collector's market isn't worth their time and want to concentrate soley on kids, then it logically follows that they shouldn't care whether I download fansubs of their properties or not because I don't represent even a tiny portion of their demographic that they get sales from. And this was more or less confirmed when I spoke with Mike Pollok (a 4Kids' voice actor) and he said the same thing (the post is somewhere on ToonZone's anime forum, if you need proof; I'm too lazy to dig it up). So long as we're not directly pirating 4Kids' work (that is, hopping on to Suprnova and downloading DVD or TV rips of their English dub) then they don't care.

Of course, in these situations, I still try to support the R2 release (if available) but I don't feel any guilt about fansubs.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:51   Link #17
Fronzel
Schmuck

I do, but I'll download them anyway.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 22:36   Link #18
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

OMG I LOVE OAJMAJO DOREMI ! I'm a HUGE fan. Well Doremi kicks mew mew's ass anyday ;p I haven't seem episode one but i have seen motto 11-12 and regular 45-50
Old 2004-08-01, 02:20   Link #19
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

i've seen 10 episodes from the 3rd season dubbed in chinese, and i'll say it's the second best kids show ever (after Pita Ten)

One of the episodes even made me cry (sniff sniff...the one where one of the classmates' mom has to work in the restaurant and the son doesn't like that...so sad

I've seen the movie, and i've seen one episode of the 4th season. All dubbed in chinese

i have to say my favorite character is sawara onpu.
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 02:23   Link #20
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Doremi is so good!
It's very popular in Taiwan, with all those coloring books and manga on it.
O_o i would love a doremi poster or other collectibles...too bad it's aimed at girls and i get queer looks whenever i look at doremi merchandise

sawara onpu is the best!!! That's right kj1980
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote