AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 01:33   Link #1041
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was just reminded- Did Donte say 'Jackpot' in this game ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:17   Link #1042
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was just reminded- Did Donte say 'Jackpot' in this game ?
Some people are saying no. But since all the cutscenes aren't up on YouTube yet I don't know.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:22   Link #1043
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Source?

Not that I wouldn't believe it: Ca$hcom gets to make money with less effort this way. Also, is it just me or are more of their games being Western-developed now?
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/09/dmc-...ng-say-capcom/

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/dmc-...sequel-teased/

Implied. DmC is here to stay. And they outsource all the time. SFIV, LP3, RE ORC, DmC.

And holy fuck at that ending. Wtf was I watching? Please someone explain me why the fuck did they exactly hired NT for? I thought it was because they were so good at writing stories. And yet here we are getting this shit.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:30   Link #1044
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So the DT dino ending is not true. Ok I'll give them that. Dunno about the Vergil DLC we might the Dino Trigger there.

As for the final battle, man DMC3 vs Vergil kept me on my toes, hell this battle is slow as hell.

I wasn't surprise about the ending, it's been said by Tameen and Alex Jones that the white hair will return in the end, I said in CU before, what is this a white hair origin story? That was way back 2010, seems everything is set in 2010 story, actors ending, they just needed the gameplay to be polished. When I saw the opening, aw God this will be a cliche, predictable ending

As for the sequel they already planned/teased it.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/dmc-...sequel-teased/

http://www.ninjatheory.com/forums/sh...-Being-Planned

As I know the sales of DmC consoles isn't doing good, dunno about the PC.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:46   Link #1045
defki

DMC3 Vergil battle was really awesome. The atmosphere and setting, the agressive and quick Vergil and the ridiculous awesome music. Plus the ending after the battle was really nice. This is just meh.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 08:36   Link #1046
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it doesn't matter how badly the sales are doing. The brunt of the expenses is probably on NT while capcom still gets majority of the funds. Though this is just my theory. Or they're bluffing to get curious buyers to get the game.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 08:57   Link #1047
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, is it just me or are more of their games being Western-developed now?
Inafune loves western development so Capcom headed that way, even if Capcom now disagree with that too many things have been put in motion already.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 10:38   Link #1048
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
This is risky... they don't even know how well it's going to sell.
Companies like Squaresoft can afford that (F13-2 and LR), but NT... not so much.

Last edited by Tong; 2013-01-11 at 13:47.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 13:44   Link #1049
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

alt costumes

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-11, 18:31   Link #1050
Aqua Knight

lol, they actually included the hairstyle everyone wanted.

And the bottom costume are just horrible - this Dante is better off with black hair
Old 2013-01-11, 19:07   Link #1051
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
lol, they actually included the hairstyle everyone wanted.

And the bottom costume are just horrible - this Dante is better off with black hair
I don't think you get the idea of how bad it is if you're only bringing up the hair

Old 2013-01-11, 19:23   Link #1052
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
I don't think you get the idea of how bad it is if you're only bringing up the hair

I...I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS!...That look, with that hair, with CONVERSE!? That look TOTALLY clashes.
Old 2013-01-11, 19:25   Link #1053
Shadow5YA

Oh boy, skinny jeans. It's like I'm back in high school.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:28   Link #1054
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Doesn't the second alt look like Nero?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:32   Link #1055
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

I wasn't surprise about the ending, it's been said by Tameen and Alex Jones that the white hair will return in the end, I said in CU before, what is this a white hair origin story? That was way back 2010, seems everything is set in 2010 story, actors ending, they just needed the gameplay to be polished. When I saw the opening, aw God this will be a cliche, predictable ending
DMC fans should already have an idea about the ending and as if the old DMC games is soooo original and not cliche.

But that battle between Dante and Vergil is so underwhelming compared to DMC 3. But at least they made vergil at least reasonable than just wanting to want power.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2013-01-11 at 19:55.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:02   Link #1056
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
DMC fans should already have an idea about the ending and as if the old DMC games is soooo original and not cliche.
Except Ninja Theory was suppose to be good at their writing remember? Isn't that why they were given this project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
But that battle between Dante and Vergil is so underwhelming compared to DMC 3. But at least they made vergil at least reasonable than just wanting to want power.
Foolishness!
Old 2013-01-11, 20:32   Link #1057
Used Can

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hmm.. wasn't the change in design because the original Dante looked too flamboyant? Yet, this outfit looks like what you'd expect to see at a gay bar - no offence intended.
Perhaps, NT thought the old fans liked this?
Old 2013-01-11, 20:52   Link #1058
Used Can

That'd be true if Dante's outfit hadn't been Western since the beginning. However, it's always been a very Western outfit, very American in fact.
The outfit in my previous post was just.... I don't know how should I begin to describe it.
Also, as it's been pointed out several times in this thread, if NT believes the main problem here was either the outfit or the new looks, then they should do their homework because they just failed the class. Not to mention that, had they been trying to please the old fans, I don't think they would have said much of the stuff they said during interviews.

Mind you, this is just in regards to the original fanbase. As I've said before, for all I know, they could attract other consumers that like this style more, and considering a lot of popular games we see these days, I wouldn't be surprised if DMC5 did well, or at least, moderately so.
Old 2013-01-11, 20:56   Link #1059
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmm.. wasn't the change in design because the original Dante looked too flamboyant? Yet, this outfit looks like what you'd expect to see at a gay bar - no offence intended.
Perhaps, NT thought the old fans liked this?
I believe they said something like "Laughed out of a bar".

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Say what you want about Ninja Theory but you can't ignore they were under a lot of pressure when making this game so tried adding optional stuff from the classic Devil May Cry to somehow please the fans who were angry with the Western look.
It would help if they never made statements like the above and many others like it in regards to the original series... But now they're taking heat for being hypocrites.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:13   Link #1060
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

When Tameem Selfinserterton said the whole costume thing about Dante, I stopped any and all interenst in this game from being produced by my brain.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote