AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 13:37   Link #561
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You guys do realise that the "epic" space battle is an anime-original right? Is this project based on the anime or the novels? While I am a big fan of the anime, I am approaching this project based on the novels.

Cheers.
I remember it was me who translated that chapter on Baka-Tsuki. And last I remembered, space battle simulation RTS was the main plot device here.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:43   Link #562
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Hmm... then I guess I interpreted it differently from you guys, because when I read that chapter, I am imagining them in the SOS-dan room, not in the imaginary game-world (aside from the opening scene, which was very blatant about it). Rain of lasers after all, can be shown on the game screen.

Cheers.
Old 2008-03-06, 13:45   Link #563
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Hmm... then I guess I interpreted it differently from you guys, because when I read that chapter, I am imagining them in the SOS-dan room, not in the imaginary game-world (aside from the opening scene, which was very blatant about it). Rain of lasers after all, can be shown on the game screen.

Cheers.
The 8-bit graphics that KyoAni used on the computer screen give me a fairly weak impression of a "rain of lasers".

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:59   Link #564
Wind Tempest

Of all of the art of Kyonko, I like the ones with the non-moe face. They fit the Kyon atmosphere much easier and shout "I am not a princess you retard."

Also, would it right to say that like Haruhi, Haruki will be gender-neutral seeing both of them as equal? As such, they way Haruki treats Kyonko the same way Haruki treats other men(minus the package grabbing).
Wind Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:00   Link #565
Raijinken
Victoria's secret weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yes, but he doesn't loudly rhapsodise about his fantasies in front of other people.

Be careful or I will somehow get Minoru Shiraishi to come to your house and serenade you with WAWAWA.
Oh silly Kaisos, you should know better then to threaten me by now. Still, it's a tad gratifying to know that I'm not ENTIRELY alone in the world. Yuki and her male counterpart own us all... whenever Haruhi's not paying atention of course. Can't trump god after all.

Oh, speaking of... Canon is great and all, but Haruki is going to be different as a guy, opening different oppritunitys, possibly, with his subliminal desires.

...Will we end up creating our OWN chapters, scenes, events? CAN we?
Raijinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:18   Link #566
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijinken View Post
Oh silly Kaisos, you should know better then to threaten me by now. Still, it's a tad gratifying to know that I'm not ENTIRELY alone in the world. Yuki and her male counterpart own us all... whenever Haruhi's not paying atention of course. Can't trump god after all.

Oh, speaking of... Canon is great and all, but Haruki is going to be different as a guy, opening different oppritunitys, possibly, with his subliminal desires.

...Will we end up creating our OWN chapters, scenes, events? CAN we?
In the case of a lot of the later events, we'll have to.

Attention, everybody! I have finished the first part of Chapter One, up to the end of Haruki's introduction.

Spoiler for size:

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-03-23 at 01:51.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:23   Link #567
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Pretty good if I must say so myself. A bit of it still feels like it needs a more girlish touch, but overall that part sounded about right.

And is Okabe still going to be a guy teacher with some kind of passion for handball? I'm still all for complete series genderbending. Even with minor characters like that.

Old 2008-03-06, 14:31   Link #568
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Pretty good if I must say so myself. A bit of it still feels like it needs a more girlish touch, but overall that part sounded about right.

And is Okabe still going to be a guy teacher with some kind of passion for handball? I'm still all for complete series genderbending. Even with minor characters like that.
Oh damn, I forgot about him! Just a minute, I'll change that.

I tend to forget about the teachers because Tanigawa never focuses on the class itself.

Sad, really.

What I'd like to see is a couple of gaiden stories written from the perspective of one of Kyon's classmates, and focusing more on the school, the teachers, and the class itself. Sort of an Azumanga-like thing but set in the Haruhiverse.

Tanigawa needs to write something like that...
Old 2008-03-06, 14:56   Link #569
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quick question, Kyonko being female, does that mean he would refer to the now male members of the cast with -kun instead of -san? Like, Asahina-kun, or Nagato-kun.

For some reason, Kyonko using -kun instead of -san sounds more... natural to me.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:58   Link #570
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quick question, Kyonko being female, does that mean he would refer to the now male members of the cast with -kun instead of -san? Like, Asahina-kun, or Nagato-kun.

For some reason, Kyonko using -kun instead of -san sounds more... natural to me.
Depends on whether we're making her more polite or not.

I can imagine her referring to Asahina as "-kun", but...
Old 2008-03-06, 15:02   Link #571
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Kyon-chan's relationship status with the others is still a bit up in the air as of right now.

- She's likely to address Haruki by his given name, in a kind of rocky informal relationship way. Well at least as the story develops.

- Nagato-kun sounds ok to me, but we'll see how it turns out in context.

- Asahina-senpai is what I'm currently leaning towards in regard to shota Mitsuru. Kind of in the Ouran Honey-senpai line of thinking, but not quite the same obviously.

- And I'm not quite sure what to think of the relationship status between Kyon-chan and Itsuki-chan, although with the whole raging lesbian meme going on, I'm more than happy to encourage some girl bonding.

Old 2008-03-06, 15:14   Link #572
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Asahina is the most important one, as I'm working with her as we speak. I'll use -senpai for now, subject to edit (it's only a draft anyway).

Haruki is Haruki, I say we leave that as it is. Having Kyonko put any sort of suffix behind Haruki somehow doesn't really fit.

For Itsuko my vote would be just that. Itsuko. It's informal, and can suggest both closeness as well as distance (like Kyon simply calling Haruhi, Haruhi long before any visible romance starts).
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:19   Link #573
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyonko... I think she won't use kun suffix. Haruki will have no suffix, whereas with Nagato, I think it'll be the normal Nagato-san instead. Kun would be something that Haruki will toss around liberally, whereas the rather depressed, deadpan female that's quite worn with a touch of jadedness wouldn't come to saying kun, perhaps not even to ototo-'chan'.

(darn. thinking of kyonko as Kagami makes this whole thing much easier to put together)

I have a feeling that Kyon might even address Koizumi as 'Koizumi-san' to hint at a symbolic distance from Koizumi while maintaining the more polite female expectations. I have no doubt that Kyonko might somewhat sneer at Koizumi inside her mind from time to time actually...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-06 at 15:29.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:22   Link #574
LobsterHime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
In the case of a lot of the later events, we'll have to.

Attention, everybody! I have finished the first part of Chapter One, up to the end of Haruki's introduction.

Spoiler for size:
should i make a chapter 1 article on the wiki?
LobsterHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:22   Link #575
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Okay, maybe it is because I never watched Kamina, but for some reason I keep seeing Haruki as Hosaka from Minami-ke. At least visually and vocally. It leaves Ono Daisuki in the case for one. Plus I can see Haruki standing with just a jacket and no shirt with a "GOD" belt buckle giving a speech on manliness followed by Kyonko making some sort of sarcastic comment on it.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:24   Link #576
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterHime View Post
should i make a chapter 1 article on the wiki?
On my authority as Danchou (which really isn't much) I request that you do. That is your post from now on.

Oh yeah, come up with one of those disclaimer things like "We don't own this; KyoAni, Tanigawa, and Noizi Ito do" things on the top.

Old 2008-03-06, 15:32   Link #577
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
On my authority as Danchou (which really isn't much) I request that you do. That is your post from now on.

Oh yeah, come up with one of those disclaimer things like "We don't own this; KyoAni, Tanigawa, and Noizi Ito do" things on the top.
That disclaimer would be a very good thing.

In addition, he has more to add to the wiki.

Spoiler for Chapter One, part two:
Old 2008-03-06, 15:37   Link #578
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

You do well to portray Haruki has an impatient and annoyed youth with hot blooded energy just waiting to emerge.

Kyon-chan still sounds a bit rough, but maybe she's really that tsundere.

Old 2008-03-06, 15:41   Link #579
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

"Kyon! Stop trying to believe in yourself! Believe in I, who believe in you!"
What the hell are you talking about... nevermind on how am I suppose to believe you, Haruki. Aren't I really just taking a detour there with self reinforcement?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:41   Link #580
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You do well to portray Haruki has an impatient and annoyed youth with hot blooded energy just waiting to emerge.

Kyon-chan still sounds a bit rough, but maybe she's really that tsundere.
That's my idea for Kyon-chan. Who I'm still gonna call Kyon in-text.

And the main problem with Haruhi is that she's only able to get away with acting like a teenage girl because, well, she's a teenage girl.

With Haruki, I basically have to make him into an angry, overtly formal version of Kamina.

Of course, the fun begins at the end of the chapter when he goes into HAPPY MODE and picks Kyon-chan up and takes her away.

Kyon-chan: "This is not what I meant when I said I wanted to be swept off my feet!"

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan