Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 11:42   Link #1462
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 13:07   Link #1463
bmoredragon

ok I have read so much about this episode and can not find it, can someone help me find this or link it to me? I am dying to see it, or is this just from the manga and not subbed yet?

HELP ME!!!
bmoredragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 15:45   Link #1464
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep56:

Well the episode hasn't been subbed yet from my observation. Right now just basing discussion off the raw.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:35   Link #1465
bmoredragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep56:

Well the episode hasn't been subbed yet from my observation. Right now just basing discussion off the raw.
where can i get the raw version?
bmoredragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 21:06   Link #1466
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Having watched thru 55, I'm struck by just how dark this story is willing to go when it goes dark. Allen has seemingly endless resources of compassion, yet he's almost never rewarded (karmically speaking). One wonders how much more he can take, honestly - as I haven't read the manga I don't know the answer to that, though I suspect the answer is a helluva lot. This series doesn't pull any punches.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:06   Link #1467
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 56. Delete

This was one of many episodes that I was patiently waiting to arrive, and thanks to Shinsen-subs I enjoyed every moment of it.

As you can see, the episode marked the conclusion of the sixth manga volume in the story with bloody, desparing, and ghastly finish. Things look so unfair, bleak, and gloom for the Exorcists because the Noah possess such overwhelming powers, as if they are untouchable.
Spoiler:

They were substantial additions in order to stretch the episode, but those additions did a well job to let the audience dive deeper into the hopelessness that Allen experienced.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:11   Link #1468
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
oh my goodness, i cant believe Allen is d***!
theres no way the main character can d** right?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:26   Link #1469
Tworble

Spoiler for D Gray Man:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:45   Link #1470
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I cling to the standard belief that the main character can't die or at least stay that way for long. Either they will find some way to save him (which is slightly doubtful since he's been pronounced dead). Or he is going to rise from the grave or be ressurected somehow. With all the religious connection to the series it isn't out of the question.

When Allen is back and I will just assume this not having manga knowledge. He will have to deal with what happened during this stretch. The failure to save Suman, the destruction of his innocene and arm, and simply how he is going to move forward. Failing like that after giving everything you possibly can is hard to handle.

Right now can only hope Timcampy will be alright. Chaos was right. Allen is going to make Lenalee shed some more tears that's a definite.
Old 2007-11-04, 22:29   Link #1471
Tworble

I just saw the 56th episode AMAZING!

Spoiler for D. Gray Man:

If you want to be spoiled as to Allen's fate check the Manga thread on D Gray Man. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to post Manga spoilers here.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 22:46   Link #1472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Right now can only hope Timcampy will be alright. Chaos was right. Allen is going to make Lenalee shed some more tears that's a definite.

Lol, you actually remembered that

Everybody more or less assumed that Allen would somehow survive... But how ?

P.S - If I'm right about the preview of 57, two big (Or at least, they're big to me) revelation would occur.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 23:20   Link #1473
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After watching the Raw its nice to get some dialog. Besides the obvious with Allen (there is no point in mentioning it again) one of the things that shined a ounce of light in this episode in a few words Allen spoke even when faced with death.

Make no mistake Allen is soldier and beyond his compassion he is willing to fight and die if need be for his friends and his belief. Allen stated that as long as everyone is there there is still hope. Thats Allen having enough faith in his friends to carry on with out him if need be. Allen's character really shines through here even though this episode was meant to be dark even if the blackest of night if you look hard enough you will find light.

Many viewers have expressed how Allen is never rewarded. I beg to differ from that opinion. There are many types of rewards and for Allen his friends and general public safety is reward enough from him. But I will also say Allen has built up enough good Karma for 10 life times. Self sacrifice has its own rewards and if god truly exists in the world D Gray man he wont let one of his most loyal and needed warriors go with the battles is so far from being won.

Sumans innocence was recovered and i think that it is sign. Its going to be a long week i cant wait to see what 2 revelations are reveled. Poor Lenalee i hope to god she does not get to see Allen in that condition i think she will mentally break for good. Im think Allen might be back sooner than expected given that the name of the next episode is Loss Reunion.
Old 2007-11-05, 00:20   Link #1474
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, you actually remembered that

P.S - If I'm right about the preview of 57, two big (Or at least, they're big to me) revelation would occur.
Yeah I've got one of those rare skills of remembering things that most wouldn't see as too important. Or maybe the lasting memory you've left to the world is trouble for girls.

No clue how Allen is going to survive or come back from death if he actually dies. The rules of the main character dying before the series is over not withstanding. Even the OP helped out with showing Allen losing his arm and showing up with a shiny new one. Unless the series decides to throw us for a loop and make Kanda the main character .

Do wonder if Suman's innocence will link up with Allen down the road. Would be something to carry what drained Suman and tried to kill him into the future battles. But it would be carrying another reminder. Though it will all depend on him not being dead.
Old 2007-11-05, 02:12   Link #1475
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was just...wow. Tyki has been incredibly badass since his first appearance, but in 56 we get to see him in full glory. And Allen? Enough good karma for 10 lifetimes indeed - there seems no end to his suffering, but he never lost his courage or his dignity. Even Tyki recognized a fellow warrior when he saw one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 07:47   Link #1476
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
- there seems no end to his suffering, but he never lost his courage or his dignity. Even Tyki recognized a fellow warrior when he saw one.
WHich is why i like Allen so much forgive my language but hes not a bitch or a coward. Anyone who fights to the death for what they believe and in the process still has dignity to worry about his friends even while death is knocking on his door is a comrad i would want to fight beside.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:12   Link #1477
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:

I'm probably completely wrong.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:33   Link #1478
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm probably completely wrong.
Yes you are. Though yes; like many other shonen shows Allen will definitely return more powerful than he ever was. (though I don't know if the current season will reach to that part. I heard they'll be a second season of D.Gray?

As for ep 56. One of the best manga to anime adaptations episodes I've seen so far. Perfectly animated; voiced; the atmosphere. Not to mention the added scenes(anime original) that didn't destroy the mood/story of the manga.
Spoiler:
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 09:50   Link #1479
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Yes you are.
I don't know if i actually wanted to be told that.
Old 2007-11-05, 10:04   Link #1480
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Yes you are. Though yes; like many other shonen shows Allen will definitely return more powerful than he ever was. (though I don't know if the current season will reach to that part. I heard they'll be a second season of D.Gray?

As for ep 56. One of the best manga to anime adaptations episodes I've seen so far. Perfectly animated; voiced; the atmosphere. Not to mention the added scenes(anime original) that didn't destroy the mood/story of the manga.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply for above spoiler.:

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk