AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 00:41   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Pffft, I like Rea and all, but I would hardly consider her up there with Fran or Yuuko. She's just a bit TOO typical personality-wise. Really the only thing that stands out is her condition, which is depicted quite differently than your typical zombie story or char.
Yeah. Though Rea's situation is interesting her personality is extremely plain, which is why she looses hands down to other supernatural characters like Yuuko who actually have a personality to talk about.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:16   Link #42
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Rea is a rich, pampered, isolate girl who know next to nothing about a *normal* life, what personality is there to talk about?

The only reason why /a/ loves Rea is a) She looks like Ruiko Saten from Railgun and b) her circumstances...hence Zombie Saten
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:49   Link #43
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Rea is a rich, pampered, isolate girl who know next to nothing about a *normal* life, what personality is there to talk about?

The only reason why /a/ loves Rea is a) She looks like Ruiko Saten from Railgun and b) her circumstances...hence Zombie Saten
Well Louise from ZnT was isolated at first too as she did not have any friends (not to mention pampered), but she certainly never lacked a personality. In fact she had bit too much of it. Rea never had even a tiniest spark of that. Abd thgere are a number of other rich isolated girls but it doesnt mean that they all are as hollow inside as Rea.

And I agree with your reasons behind Rea love and also that some just like those plain and nice girls, as they will hardly have their own opinion and stand up against others. And some just like those obedient, soft and loving types that never go against and just blindly support you like puppies types...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 02:11   Link #44
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

a little off topic : what does /a/ means
on topic : The latest appearance of Ghost *spoiler* gonna make this series pick up the story now.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 00:01   Link #45
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

OH Yuuko-chan...so sexy and yet so innocent at the same time...XD

And reading chapter 11 in the dark when they showed teh face of the other ghost...freaked me out...
Old 2010-07-22, 00:07   Link #46
BlueDo

11.5 has quite funny.
I'm going to have a nightmare about the evil spirit.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 01:06   Link #47
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

And reading chapter 11 in the dark when they showed teh face of the other ghost...freaked me out...:eek
:
Me too.

It'll freak you out more later on.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 19:45   Link #48
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp View Post
She certainly is =03. I always tend to feel sad when Yuuko is neglected, too. She's SOOO dependent on Niiya's companionship, you can't help but find it cute.

Also, I always get the impression that Kirie is a tomboy/tsun type, but she's really quite the scaredy cat .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 12:05   Link #49
jzmagic
flargansbog

I just picked this up, I like it alot. The mix of the horror and light-herated art is a nice touch.

Also <3 Yuuko
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 22:20   Link #50
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Chapter 12 has been out awhile, o i will avoid spoiler tags

FLAW IN NIIYA's THEORY: Who the heck consents to having their leg broken and left in a dark secret basement to sacrifice themself?

Though the flaw in her memory and the appearance of this other mystery ghost girl got me thinking that maybe yuukos ghost split with all her negative emotions and memories of those events, And the other girl is just an image of those feelings, like what you would expect out of an average ghost.

Anyway, yuuko remains hot in this chapter. Its also apparent that our protagonist and some of those that read this manga may not understand girls fully.

Otherwise, its pretty simple to reason that yuuko is so disturbed because the reason niiya had been around her for so long is that she had wanted to find out the mystery of her death. Shes feeling vulnerable, because im sure she will explain with in the next few chapters that shes scared he'll leave now that he knows.

Man, it can be pretty rough, ive been down the road where i was kind of a lone wolf and was ok with that, got along with someone important to me, and had to go lone wolf again further down the line. You realize just how lonely you were, so i can understand the conflict of emotions she tends to undergo in regards to niiya.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 22:45   Link #51
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Niiya merely suggested that Yuuko was a human sacrifice, Yuuko claimed (unconvincingly) that she volunteered to be the sacrifice herself. I don't see a contradiction in Niiya's theory so far, though it'll probably be wrong if the series is to continue for a while.

Kirie is such a tsundere, lol.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:02   Link #52
alu546
y prime

I probably remember that part wrong, i mostly focus on yuuko and her body language inthis seriesanyway

though i though niiya suggested it, probably should reread
Old 2010-08-02, 01:22   Link #53
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
When I saw Yuuko write his name on that rock(well, not "saw" it really, but, y'know...) I thought she wanted him dead . I know Yuuko's a nice girl and all, but I can't help but get the impression that sometimes she really WANTS him to die, so that maybe he'll be a ghost and they'll be together. That'd actually be a pretty cute ending if you ask me.

Also, I wonder if the true Rock of Curses is the one at the back of the school with Yuuko's name on it(found in chap 2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I probably remember that part wrong, i mostly focus on yuuko and her body language inthis seriesanyway
Lol what a thing to say after being so serious with the explanation above .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 04:48   Link #54
alu546
y prime

Quote:

Lol what a thing to say after being so serious with the explanation above .
Sometimes we take ourselves to seriously, we have to be able to laugh at ourselves occasionally or we become stuckup to those around us and we become unlikable. I try to be a friendly person.(Also a good piece of advice to the younger ones among us)
Old 2010-08-02, 05:07   Link #55
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Is it just me or did anyone else found the "other" spirit shown in chapter 11 to be kind of cute?

Quote:
When I saw Yuuko write his name on that rock(well, not "saw" it really, but, y'know...) I thought she wanted him dead . I know Yuuko's a nice girl and all, but I can't help but get the impression that sometimes she really WANTS him to die, so that maybe he'll be a ghost and they'll be together. That'd actually be a pretty cute ending if you ask me.
And they live (?) happily ever after.

Although, more seriously, I don't think that will happen here. This kind of ending is perfect for a more haunting, wistful kind of romance -- two lost souls, one eternity, that sort of thing -- but this series give me a much livelier impression, girls and ghosts and comedy and mysteries and all.

Yuuko just needs to learn that Niiya is already totally into her but he doesn't know it yet.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 08:02   Link #56
ZODDGUTS

The only way he can become a ghost is he either dies of malice or of a human death ritual/sacrifice. So I don't him dying in a normal way would turn him into a ghost and stay with Yuuko. Don't see him dying here. I do think Yuuko has to move on to the after life. I don't see Niiya being able to be with Yuuko, what is he gonna to after he graduates from school? Will he be able live a normal life with Yuuko? How would Yuuko respond to him dating another girl or even getting married and getting older? Can Yuuko even leave beyond School grounds if not than what would Niiya do? Visit her every day even after he graduates? People would end up seeing him as some sort of a nutcase if he's caught. Same goes if she follows him to wherever he ends up working at if she's able to leave the school grounds. Whatever the case this seems to be a love can never be.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 09:08   Link #57
Shadow5YA

It's not hard to imagine that there are two Yuukos. She obviously didn't volunteer to become a sacrifice, and if she did, she ended up regretting it (hence the foreshadowing dream Niiya had). The other Yuuko with her memories and malice intact probably hasn't shown up yet. Another question is why Yuuko was made to be the sacrifice. From that dream Niiya had, Yuuko looked healthy even when she was trapped down there. It's possible that Yuuko was the only person who didn't contract the plague 60 years ago, and the people at her school were superstitious about it.

I can also see Yuuko wanting Niiya to die so that he can be a spirit with her. As a living being, he'll eventually graduate from school and have to leave. Yuuko will lose her only companion. Of course, it (probably) won't work out that way, but that's how Yuuko partly feels.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-08-02 at 09:24.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 10:52   Link #58
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The only way he can become a ghost is he either dies of malice or of a human death ritual/sacrifice. So I don't him dying in a normal way would turn him into a ghost and stay with Yuuko. Don't see him dying here. I do think Yuuko has to move on to the after life. I don't see Niiya being able to be with Yuuko, what is he gonna to after he graduates from school? Will he be able live a normal life with Yuuko? How would Yuuko respond to him dating another girl or even getting married and getting older? Can Yuuko even leave beyond School grounds if not than what would Niiya do? Visit her every day even after he graduates? People would end up seeing him as some sort of a nutcase if he's caught. Same goes if she follows him to wherever he ends up working at if she's able to leave the school grounds. Whatever the case this seems to be a love can never be.
>> << /crosses fingers niiya dies an abnormal death before the end of the manga

But I was thinking that he might become a teacher up there if it ends happy, its just that yuuko is a really strange ghost from what we re used to thinking,so idont know if itlll be a ittersweet "moving on" ending. Not to mention that it doesnt feel that way at this point in time.

Yes, I also hope yuuko realizes that niiya is totally into her, and i hope niiya finally admits it to himself. Everyone else reading already has.
Old 2010-08-03, 11:43   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, actually rooting for the ghost and the human to get together, even though we know it's not going to happen. Although it's pretty hard NOT to want to root for Yuuko.
Old 2010-08-11, 23:52   Link #60
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Spoiler for ch13:

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural