AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-18, 13:08   Link #1
mt888

is kalinin a traitor?

do u think kalinin was a spy for amalgam because he met with leonard. also in burning one man force it said he looked a bit hesitant with his orders. it didn't explain why and he suddenly disappeard without an answer for us.
Old 2006-07-18, 18:43   Link #2
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I was thinking the same thing, but was hesitant to mention it. Probably get flamed by the fangirls...

But since all arrows point to Kalinin, it can't be him. It's never the obvious guy. Kalinin's probably fooling Mithril to gain Amalgam's respect, but still giving intel to someone higher ranking than Tessa.
Old 2006-07-18, 21:59   Link #3
TenshiHime

gosh! i hope he's not! i really like him, and he seems like a father figure to sousuke, so he better not be! anyway, it seems too obvious, so ya, i agree that hes probably acting on orders from mithril to kind of infiltrate almagen and get as much info as he can.
Old 2006-07-19, 02:06   Link #4
mt888

yes but i should remind u that mithril is no more and im sure amalgam would know if he was a spy for mithril (tehy know everything)/
Old 2006-07-19, 03:10   Link #5
Cooldude

Spoiler tag, there should be one, and the thread title's just too spoilistic as well

Don't think he's so far as being a traitor, but he certainly knows a lot more about Amalgam and certainly Leonardo than most

Anyone who's read ADVMC at the end where he was having a beer with Leonardo in Sydney, talking about catching "Mr Zinc" (The Secretary guy Mr Jackson whom Tessa had an association with at the Headquarters), don't think Kalinin would be a traitor if he's getting rid of Amalgam spies within Mithril. There's obviously more to Leonardo than meets the eye
Old 2006-07-19, 12:07   Link #6
HanB

sry pls see next reply
Old 2006-07-19, 12:12   Link #7
HanB

I'm new here. I think Mithril has some spy (maybe someone in commander and I think may be he's Mr.Gold in Amalgum). And Kalinin knows some clue, he wants to find out who is a spy. Therefore he pretends to betray Mithril to make Amalgum trust him.

It's my imagination.

Thk.
Old 2006-07-19, 12:27   Link #8
masterwok

where did u guys see that kalinin was with leonard. anyways kalinin would never betray mithril, since he's been with them along time, espeically sousuke.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:33   Link #9
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

In a book.

And his name is Leonard, not Leonardo, but you can call him Leotard if you want. He deserves it.

And Mithril is not completely down-and-out, it's just crippled.
Old 2006-07-19, 19:01   Link #10
masterwok

nice on the the name calling masanori ota with the leotard, but i know him from TSR. i believe you that mithril is just crippled, and i bet they will beat amalgam with sousuke on their side and the guy that beat an armslave without using a lambda drive when his opponent has one.
Old 2006-07-19, 20:26   Link #11
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok
the guy that beat an armslave without using a lambda drive when his opponent has one.

wouldn't count on him if there is a lamba drive user like Gaulun
Old 2006-07-22, 13:16   Link #12
mt888

mithril is out for good, the people that survived the attack r at hide or on the run.
but there r a few people with some power of there own that will probably help sousuke (and of coursee th lovely tessa). but this is a topic for a different disscusion this is for 'is kalinin a traitor?'
Old 2006-07-22, 13:31   Link #13
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Old 2006-07-22, 16:27   Link #14
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

mithril is down but not out. In chapter 4 (the newly released chapter !! i think !! ) from what I heard its a plan to regroup the members of mithril for a counterattack or something. I could be wrong due to the language barrier. Also I found a page in which there are monthly pictures of whats in the next novel. Though they kinda stopped on jan 2006 it does show alot of novel picture goodness. The mag is called Fantasy Dragon Magazine or "Doramaga" or "Gekkan Dragon Magazine".
Take a gander
http://fmp.abstratica.org/gallery-novelsm.html
http://fmp.abstratica.org/gallery-dm.html
and the main pic page
http://fmp.abstratica.org/gallery.html

Last edited by Generalgm; 2006-07-22 at 16:45.
Old 2006-07-22, 17:11   Link #15
gencbiba

Hmm... Maybe Chinatown has some anime shops where I could find some FMP novels. Does anyone have a site that shows all novels in a chronological order and their summaries? Or, if you know them by heart, could someone just recite them to me... It would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-07-22, 18:52   Link #16
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Hmm... Maybe Chinatown has some anime shops where I could find some FMP novels. Does anyone have a site that shows all novels in a chronological order and their summaries? Or, if you know them by heart, could someone just recite them to me... It would be greatly appreciated.
Look full metal panic up on wikipedia. It should have a media list and most of the names of the novels.
Your best bet is getting them on amazon.jp or from the site that produces them.
Refer to some of the threads on the forums, they should give you the names of the unlisted novels
Old 2006-08-23, 19:21   Link #17
Reil

Back on topic, I personally think Kalanin probably did give information to Amalgam, but I highly doubt it was for purely selfish reasons.
Old 2006-08-23, 21:21   Link #18
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reil
Back on topic, I personally think Kalanin probably did give information to Amalgam, but I highly doubt it was for purely selfish reasons.
One can only contemplate. I wonder if hes trying to "play" Amalgam. Maybe he will play a decisive factor in the story later? >: D
Old 2006-08-24, 01:27   Link #19
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I dunno, we only ever know Sousuke and Tessa's regard for Kalinin; little is revealed about the man himself. He could just be a traitor.

Though in general I'm bothered by the lack of clear purpose in Amalgam. Are they just in it for the profit and only bother with the military arm to keep white-knight types like Mithril out of their business? Or do they have some higher aim relating to the whispered? I'd like to know...

Urgh, Kalinin in a Venom would be a one-man army if he has any skill with the lambda driver, even Closeaux respects his skill...
Old 2006-08-24, 02:34   Link #20
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
I dunno, we only ever know Sousuke and Tessa's regard for Kalinin; little is revealed about the man himself. He could just be a traitor.

Though in general I'm bothered by the lack of clear purpose in Amalgam. Are they just in it for the profit and only bother with the military arm to keep white-knight types like Mithril out of their business? Or do they have some higher aim relating to the whispered? I'd like to know...

Urgh, Kalinin in a Venom would be a one-man army if he has any skill with the lambda driver, even Closeaux respects his skill...
Gauron tells Sousuke exactly what Amalgam's objective is in The Second Raid
Spoiler:
Closed Thread