AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 12:54   Link #1001
revive4563

I didn't expect cliff-hanger like this in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
P.S Can someone tell me who is the host? I've already seen him hosting seiyuu events and other anime related programs.
He is an AM radio announcer, Yoshida Hisanori.

btw thx for the vid. it was interesting.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 03:15   Link #1002
Aesthetic Shampoo

Well...at least the classroom scene and that preview thing this episode was good.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:27   Link #1003
revive4563

This was the one like classic literary film, after all. Great unripe love story.
I think people who like to read books wouldn't regret to see this series.
I know this is not for animeviewers but it's my favourite.
I hope next season.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:37   Link #1004
ElMikkino

This was a really strange anime that never really felt totally like one. It more reminded me of a contemporary art show, or a Pink Floyd song. You really needed to pay attention to all the little details and realize all the little things they included to enjoy it, but you were certainly rewarded if you watched it the whole way through. The classroom scene, the dream sequence, any time that they were running, the preview sequence at the end...some of the best scenes in any anime I've seen. This was a unique and great show that was certainly not for everyone, and I can't wait for the second season.

...Does anyone know when that's gonna come out?
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:28   Link #1005
HosannaExcelsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikkino View Post
...Does anyone know when that's gonna come out?
Studio Pablo, the art team working on this show, has listed on their order page, which shows the projects they have in the pipeline, a ZEXCS TV show they're working on that's scheduled to air in the summer of 2014. That is likely Aku no Hana's second season.
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:46   Link #1006
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So this is getting a second season then? To be honest, after reading how the hardcore fans were up in arms, I didn't think a second season would happen.

Whatever. I liked it, as strange as it was. I was wondering what was up with everything all of a sudden.

Oh, Kasuga......you should've just admitted that you liked Nakamura in the first place instead of trying to make Saeki your ideal.
Old 2013-07-01, 12:46   Link #1007
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

So they will made second arc too? Meh...

4/10 overall for the anime version, i can barely tolerate the rotoscoping but they made the anime story so damn boring and slow. Imo, anime is a failure while manga is 8/10, and still a cult and a masterpiece. Nothing more to add.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:04   Link #1008
Dop
Mmmm....

I really, really, desperately hope that "Part 1" in the end means there's going to be a part two. Because if there's ever a show that needs one it's this.

Mostly to reward the director and crew for having created something beautiful, strange, and practically unique in the world of anime.

Also to cock a godly snook at the toxic otaku hivemind.

For me, this was the best show of the season, and barring huge surprises my best show of the year.

We need more stuff like this, where they're prepared to do something different and interesting.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 15:09   Link #1009
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

I'm with you Dop. That was a hell of a show. I've never seen an anime where the emotion was so raw, and the characters really felt as if they were on the edge. The show was just brilliant. It is an amazing work of art.

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 15:46   Link #1010
Freeter
beyond

Part two looks nuts. Also looks better too, so I'm guessing that's where all the budget went. Can't wait.

As for part one, if the show had more moments like the classroom scene earlier on, it might have been my show of the season also. But as it stands, it's a very close second.
Old 2013-07-01, 20:53   Link #1011
KingAho1
n00b

Just watched episode 13....and I'm kinda pissed.

Unlike everyone else I was actually drawn to the rotoscoped animation. I thought it complimented the atmosphere of the story perfectly. Then around episode 4-5, I really got into the story, but the past few have honestly fell flat. Waaaay to much recycling, recapping and just plain dead scenes. Kasuga walking for 10 minutes in silence? Really?

Anyways, I was really excited to watch this finale and then they spent half of the episode on recapping the story until now and half the episode on what I can only assume is a weak preview of season 2?

Either way, despite all of its flaws (and there are plenty), a very gripping story and excellent ATMOSPHERE. I haven't felt that enveloped by an anime's mood since Another​.
Old 2013-07-01, 21:50   Link #1012
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh this was just the worst anime ive ever seen I still dont know why I watched it all the way threw this one really needs to be thrown into the nearest black hole

I cant even rate this it was just so boring
Old 2013-07-02, 00:01   Link #1013
Dark Wing

The manga is way better then this anime adaption and rarely say that about any adaption.
Old 2013-07-02, 08:13   Link #1014
Jerseykid

I saw a knife, a bat, and blood. Part 2 aka an ending like schooldays here we come.

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2013-07-02 at 08:36.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 11:51   Link #1015
Bern-san

I don't know why people say it's a bad adaptation because it was very faithful and caught the essence of the manga. Maybe a bit too slow paced for some people but I think the music placement helped in building atmosphere during those slow scenes.
Old 2013-07-02, 17:14   Link #1016
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Yeah, this isn't getting a second season and rightfully so.

Screw Zexcs and the Horse it rode in on.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:08   Link #1017
cyth
Banned

It was a pretty fucking great show, although the slow pace really did tire me toward the end. With each episode I knew what to expect, it was hard to get to it, but each and every time it delivered. Except the very end could've been done without the manga commercial.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 19:22   Link #1018
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Can any of you compare the slow pace to say, Monster, Shigurui or Texhnolyze?
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 20:16   Link #1019
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I don't know why people say it's a bad adaptation because it was very faithful and caught the essence of the manga. Maybe a bit too slow paced for some people but I think the music placement helped in building atmosphere during those slow scenes.
Yeah, it's rare to see such a faithful adaptation like this these days, pretty much the only difference is the art.
In fact, i'm really curious to watch the "2nd part" animated, since i think the manga art style is kinda off putting in the sense of not capturing the graveness of some situations as the rotoscoping could (and hopefully will) do. Maybe because the characters looking older in the anime make it more believable, too.

I agree that some bits in the latter half were slower than it should, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Can any of you compare the slow pace to say, Monster, Shigurui or Texhnolyze?
I thought Texhnolyze was slower, weirder and much harder to get into than Aku no Hana. Monster, although my favorite of the bunch, is fairly more conventional and i don't find it that slow paced. Didn't watch Shigurui.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:45   Link #1020
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I thought Texhnolyze was slower, weirder and much harder to get into than Aku no Hana. Monster, although my favorite of the bunch, is fairly more conventional and i don't find it that slow paced. Didn't watch Shigurui.
Yeah, thanks. I plan to marathon this and just asked about the pacing to get an idea about context. Personally, I loved Texhnolyze and Shigurui (similar pacing to Tex).
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avantgarde, romance