Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-04, 02:48   Link #2021
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
I know what you mean bud... why have a sequel of Seed if kira and co will prevail almost effortlessly. Kills the thrill of the joyride.
I agreed with that...

"I just love Shinn's face when he meet the two after their resurrection from the dead..."
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 03:23   Link #2022
winter45

Actually given what happened in Seed (athrun vs kira) it is a no brainer that they both will survive by the next episode or 2, just slap them a band-aid and their good to go..

The *shock, horror* face that shinn pulled is just to give more emotion to the audience which personally for me failed when we already know given how fakuda resurrects characters left right and center killed any impact he was trying to do with the return of said cockroaches kira and athriun.

i swear andrews girlfriend death had more impact to me then then the entire teen death drama from both series.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 16:20   Link #2023
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

There were times when I wished Athrun had pulled a Gunnery Hartman on Shinn's ass.

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my cockpit! Get the fuck down off of my mobile-suit! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, and end your days of cock-banging that psycho-bitch Stella through her pretty pink panties! I will motivate you, private Asuka! Even if it means Lunamaria has to grow a pair! I will PT you private Asuka, I will PT you until you fuckin' die! MOVE IT! MOOOOOVE EEEEETTT!

- Tak
Have you actually seen Full Metal Jacket? It doesn't end well for Hartman or the guy who he said those things too. I would rather not see
Spoiler for Spoiler for Full Metal Jacker:

As for Cagalli I don't think Bandai is going to ignore one of the most popular characters in Gundam Seed.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 16:43   Link #2024
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Have you actually seen Full Metal Jacket? It doesn't end well for Hartman or the guy who he said those things too. I would rather not see
Spoiler for Spoiler for Full Metal Jacker:
Did we all just popped SEED mode and now nobody can take a joke?

And are you even suggesting that Shinn is as derp as Pyle? I don't hold Shinn in a very high regard, but I definitely don't hold him in such a low regard, either.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-09-06 at 17:52.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:19   Link #2025
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

What caused GSD to fail ?

- A copycat to Z Gundam.
- No Athrun x Cagalli continuation when Kira x Lacus got all of their moment without reasonable development.
- Characters and Mechas are basically spammed for fanservice and marketing campaign ( ex: Meer )

Surprisingly, since GSD failed.
Sunrise always disappoint me when it comes to 2nd season ( Code Geass, Gundam 00, etc. )
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 19:56   Link #2026
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

GSD didn't fail since it sold well.

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-09-08 at 20:10.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:59   Link #2027
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post

The word *fail* isn't restricted to how much success a product is sold.. you still have to put into account how the individual viewer enjoyment factor consideration. If a viewer didn't like the show it has] failed to meet the individual viewers enjoyment, expectation etc...

Now we can easily say McDonald is very financial successful and popular restaurant but i can guarantee it does fail in the quality and healthy foods department.

so measuring how well a show has gone in the financial department doesn't necessarily means it is a success to the viewer view of the show or quality content.
Old 2011-09-08, 22:02   Link #2028
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
One could argue that it's similar to the Star Wars prequels and the Transformers sequels: they're huge successes despite the very mixed reception among the general public (i.e., they're "critic proof").

But I can't help but wonder who, in Japan, buys the DVDs? The fangirl/fujoshi crowd?
Old 2011-09-08, 22:04   Link #2029
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh good, we're beginning the vicious cycle all over again? Joy.
Old 2011-09-08, 22:17   Link #2030
winter45

i know what you mean bud.... informing ignorant posters can be a tedious task...
Old 2011-09-08, 22:21   Link #2031
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

well, one good solution for it is to change the topic title to: 'Why has GSD failed expectations.' It would make sense and not be too broad.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:41   Link #2032
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
well, one good solution for it is to change the topic title to: 'Why has GSD failed expectations.' It would make sense and not be too broad.
Being too broad is preferable to forcing a conclusion. Your suggested title would still presume that GSD did fail expectation. A truly neutral title would be something like:

"GSD Impressions"

It's efficient, neutral, and it's also used in other series forums.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:10   Link #2033
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
The word *fail* isn't restricted to how much success a product is sold.. you still have to put into account how the individual viewer enjoyment factor consideration. If a viewer didn't like the show it has] failed to meet the individual viewers enjoyment, expectation etc...

Now we can easily say McDonald is very financial successful and popular restaurant but i can guarantee it does fail in the quality and healthy foods department.

so measuring how well a show has gone in the financial department doesn't necessarily means it is a success to the viewer view of the show or quality content.
NO. The title is what caused GSD to fail. Once again, GSD didn't fail since it sold well. Maybe you don't like GSD, it doesn't mean that it failed. This thread title is bad. It should be as monster said something like GSD Impressions.

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-09-18 at 02:56.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:34   Link #2034
winter45

Could you please show me where did it say in the title *GSD FAILED FINANCIALLY*? coz i cant see it...
Old 2011-09-09, 10:35   Link #2035
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Could you please show me where did it say in the title *GSD FAILED FINANCIALLY*? coz i cant see it...
Well, lets settle on the fact that it failed in some areas, and succeeded in others

To say that it failed completely is a gross overstatement.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:43   Link #2036
GundamFan

I had read that Fukuda in interviews after GSD claimed Kira and Lacus were supposed to be antagonists. If it's true I would say from a creative stand point GSD failed since very few viewed them that way.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 20:59   Link #2037
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I had read that Fukuda in interviews after GSD claimed Kira and Lacus were supposed to be antagonists. .
To Mr. Fukuda.

I'm shocked to hear twhat you said. I really do shocked because I'm a fan of Kira, but if you intended to make Kira an antagonist, that, I can't fight against with......

but....I will never ever side with THat Moron Shinn!!!

Kira you rock!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 22:19   Link #2038
Washu-Chan