AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 05:15   Link #3881
Gundamx

Quote:
Sorry Ikuze... I would have to agree with Aldaeus on the Dorothy wanting to marry her cousin at such a tender age. My friends, kids are 1st cousin and are starting to say stuff like this (I can't wait till they're old enough so I can tell them about this!), and I remember my youngest sister saying the same thing about one of our cousins too. I'm beginning to think that this is a lil kid thing. Whatever, they eventually grow out of it and become embarrassed.
You do know that in Japan(where the writer live), and most of the world it's 100& legal to marry your 1st cousin, right?

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:53   Link #3882
susyia

i can't wait for the chapters translated!!!
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:49   Link #3883
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
This one actually makes sense. After all Quatra will need those parts when he and Trowa finally get together to appease all the QxT fans.
Goodness, no! Not the mpreg crap! Anything but that! Dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
LOL!

Apocalypse Now of the Mars Century!
Yeah, the only thing that's missing is Wu Fei drinking a cup of coffee. Wait, Duo and Kathy are drinking coffee. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Possibly, I've tried this approach, or rather I've tried seeing it as a sort of AU, where everyone is genderbent and sort of abnormal.
It was a bit better, but still extremely awkward.
*sigh* I thought so...

Quote:
Bad writing. Clinical insanity. Temporary confusion. Call it what you may, but in the end it comes down to bad writing, sadly.
While those are all good excuses, they aren't good reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
1. Dorothy was like what 5... 7ish? Little girls say stupid shit like that all the time... and in the second part Treize isn't blood related which makes it somewhat creepy but alright at the same time...
Huh, you're right. She wasn't two, she was something like five. Weird. Why did I think Dorothy was two when she said that? Oh well.

So yeah, you have a point. Kids do spout nonsense like that. I still don't know why he'd include that though. I mean, it was pretty obvious Dorothy was fond of Treize; she wouldn't fling herself against Milliardo to stop him from frying Treize with the Libra cannon nor would she look like she had been run through with a saber when she was informed of his death if it wasn't the case. But anyway.
Nevermind me, I'm just being picky here because it comes off as weird to me. If Sumizawa wanted cute he could've written about how her dad gave her a golden tricycle or something. I would've gotten a laugh out of that at least.

Quote:
2. Angelina had a total mental breakdown, and at that point went stark raving mad hatter crazy...
Yeah, the prancing around naked part was a pretty big hint. That said, it would've sufficed. There was no reason to traumatize the coolest guy in the series. It didn't really add to anything except the awkwardness and wtfuckery.
From what I know Mrs. Darlian in FT has a few screws loose, too because her dear hubby died. Does that mean she makes out with Relena, too? (I better be kidding here)

Quote:
3. Wufei pulling something out of Apocalypse Now is alright if he's going to be badass while doing it... And an Epyon in MA mode dogfight is kinda epic enough to warrant it...
I'm sorry, this is a case of differing opinions. Personally, I'm with SkullFaerie. I'd die of laughter if that thing started playing during a battle. Seriously, grab episode 12, mute it and play the Valkyries just as Wu Fei charges at those Aries. Or better yet, the episode in which Heero defends Cinq with Epyon. While the music could be oddly fitting for the transformation sequence, it would still have me in stitches.
If you want epic battle music, try Unicorn. Actually no, scratch that. Try "Counterattack" from Shadow of the Colossus (shame on everyone who doesn't get the nerdy double joke ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Omode: we need 1 more scene to fill in 3 minutes for this episode. And we have to turn the script in, like, in 10 minutes...
Chiba: How 'bout Relena staring off into the distance thinking about Heero? You know, to show that audience that she's interested in the guy?
Omode:Ya! like she doesn't say anything but you know what she's thinking, right?
Chiba: Ya! You writing this down Sumizawa-san?
Sumizawa: YA! Excellent idea guys!
ROFL
-one week later, as it gets aired-
Omode+Chiba: What the f-? SUMIZAWA!!!

SkullFaerie is right, that's when he must've gotten kicked off the team. xD

Quote:
Does this mean that we can also expect to see a "Richard Wagner" sometime in the future for FT??? >XD
Considering how obsessed Sumizawa is with classics, it's possible. Not that it would be a bad thing. Unless he's related to Doktor S, who's the half-brother of Tsubarov, who in turn had an affair with Quatre's mom who gave him Maguanac MS blueprints for him to develop the Tragos suits. Or something.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 16:32   Link #3884
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Unless he's related to Doktor S, who's the half-brother of Tsubarov...
What's funny is that I wouldn't consider a connection like that too outlandish with what's been "revealed" in FT.
Old 2012-02-07, 06:21   Link #3885
Javiersansano

questions...

1) is the clark family of any relevance beyond the fact that heero's mother got married into it and that heero "official" las name would be clark?

2) what is the function of the PPP nanotechnology

3) why is it necessary to kill relena?

4) any technical info on any mobile suit that has been introduced in FT (including the ones prior to 195 AC)

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2012-02-07 at 12:17.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 07:37   Link #3886
Meltyred

After all this time, we still don't know what those new gundams look like?
Wow this is just...
Plain horrible.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 16:33   Link #3887
FalsePrime

To be fair it took a long time to see Unicorn in Destroy mode if I remember right.

Given the suits that came before in the AC/MC timelines I really doubt Snow White have a significant transformation so when we see it it will likely be it* as far overall design goes. Granted all of this doesn't explain why they are holding out on all the machines, but at least the lead is sorta understanble.

* By this I meant the look of the machine, they still could hold out on the other 5 Dwarfs if there is indeed 7 pieces of it or any sort of modes that don't change the body in very signifcant ways.

As far as tech. I don't remember the only specs, we have had small things like the Zero System has been improved on, Quatra activated Red and Blue so the Dwarfs seem to be weapons, Warlock dual weilds Beam Scythes, one of them in the shape of D-Hell EW's Scythe. Lastly one of the characters mentioned that the energy coming off of Snow White was similar/the same that radiated from Wing Gundam Zero.

Granted this all could be wrong, just random stuff I've seen posted on other message boards.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 16:57   Link #3888
Javiersansano

regarding unicorn.......are you saying that it took a long time for the novel to show a picture?

I understand why "Dwarfs".... but what are the dwarfs in this "gundam concept"....and why does tallgesse heaven need anti nanotech weapons........which enemy has nanotech weapons?
Old 2012-02-07, 17:05   Link #3889
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I'd say slim chance very very slim chance of canceling it at this point... I think its just suffering from École Du Ciel syndrome of being very inconsistent. Gundam X in its initial run didn't do great. It only picked up steam after it was canceled (Like the first MSG). And granted X's animation was canceled because it got the Adult Swim treatment of having its time-slot bounced around so much, that no one knew when it was on...

The main problem with the negativity on the English side of the Pacific is the fact that we haven't read anything completely yet, we're getting summary's tidbits of chapters here and there... and as a result we're homing in on the bad...

Overall I think its typical Gundam Fan-base complaining. Hate on everything new, complain about it into the dirt... comes out get it anyway... new show/book/manga comes, instantly the old stuff was instant classic...

(EX. 00 Season 1, everyone complaining about character designs, the GN drives exct... Season 2 hits Everyone's complaining about Innovators and BS, season 1 becomes awesome... Movie hits Season 2 was gold and everyone's complaining about aliens... Age gets announced 00 Movie is instantly awesome...)

Now I doubt any of us know how the Japanese base is receiving it... we do know however that the Wing girls have fallen back out of the top ten again, but with characters that's typical, some new fan service girl has taken their slot... big whoop...

There's also other contending things that would take up a spot in the magazine the SEED anniversary has kicked off and that's going to take up space. Age part 2 has started... ext...

As a result I'm still thinking its just because of space issues or the writer being lazy and not hitting his deadlines... Or they could be looking to replace him on the project.
While I have very little idea what's going on with this project right now this seems as safe a bet as any. I mean when do Gundam fans ever not complain about a current Gundam project and only focus on the negative based on the most miniscule of information? Anyone?

Funny thing is it typically goes more like this. Anything that is hard to find or just plain unavailable in the English market is assumed to be the greatest of Gundam works whereas anything that has exposure over here is an abomination to the franchise name, will most certainly bring about utter ruination and be the end of the franchise, and is possible just made to troll the audience. In short, a Gundams works quality in the eyes of the peanut gallery is typically inversely proportional to it's availability.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 14:49   Link #3890
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

- The reason Hilde started researching was to release Duo from the curse of the PPP.
- Nowadays Hilde is becoming the authority on nanotechnology.
- However, as a result of that research, she made a hologram of Major General Zechs Merquise appear.
- The hologram is a program activated at the same time as the death of Dixneuf Neuenheim.
- The Neuenheim Company was the one who synthesized Zechs' "residual memories" in the Epyon's ZERO SYSTEM.

- The second half is about the Peacecraft Family.
- This file begins from AC-130 and is an episode about Heero Yuy (the leader), Mille and Naina's great-grandmother: the Sanc Kingdom princess.
- Although the story had been from Mille's viewpoint up til now, Quaterine and Naina & Mille's blood relationship has presently been unknown.

- In the spring of AC-130, twin princesses were born in the Sanc Kingdom. Katerina and Sabrina.
- Because the royal family had a custom of not raising twins together, Sabrina was left on the Earth while Katerina was raised by the Darlians in the space colonies.

- Sabrina was confined to a secluded inner room and somewhere there is a cat connected to her that she raised (lol what?)
- Katerina was called "daughter of the Darlian family" and was a free and uncontrolled child.

- In AC-145 at the age of 15, Katerina was tutored by the then 19 year old Heero Yuy (the leader).
- Heero Yuy was indifferent in those days though he had been invited he couldn't help becoming friends with "Doktor J".
- Katerina and Heero influenced one another and their sense of values changed. There's an illustration of Katerina and Heero. K looks like Relena and Heero looks like Heero.

- At the time, the Sanc Kingdom is beseiged by a rebel army and the royal family is taken hostage. By chance, Sabrina was in a neighboring country visiting the familly of Marquis Weridge. She escaped the hardships with the help of Duke Cinquante Khushrenada (Treize's grandfather) and visited the Winner Family via shuttle before later heading to the L-2 colonies.
- Afterward, playing his role Duke Cinquante Khushrenada blew up the shuttle that Sabrina and the others were on due to "terror cells boarding it from the L-2 colonies".
- Only Duke Cinquante and Sabrina escaped with an escape capsule prepared beforehand, Sabrina wanted to die so she didn't pull the retrofire lever.
- Heero Yuy who happened to be present during colony building operations by chance helped Sabrina's escape capsule with a large manipulator.
- "My name is Sabrina Peacecraft. And you are?"
- Sisterly reunion in the next issue.
given the bold information, and the fact that Katrina piloted the Wyvern, which had a early version of the zero system, I ask to whoever can answer

- what happened to Wyvern after its mission in destroying the Geminis Satellital Cannon?

- Did Heero Yui (the leader) ever get close to the first Zero System Jay Null developed? and was this the same zero system that was installed in the Wing Zero

- It's obvious that Wing Zero got wasted... but is there any hint that the Zero System got salvaged? or, did Quatre give back the Zero System components he got from Heero during the eve wars?

- what exactly is the PPP, and why Relena is the trigger for it?

- finally, could someone explain why operation Mythos is being executed if:

1) its objective is to kill Relena
2) the above point would kill 3 billion "martians"
Old 2012-02-08, 17:55   Link #3891
FalsePrime

Zero System is on board Snow White.

There was a post detailing one of the chapters that had Heero being tired and resting after piloting Snow White and being drained by the Zero System.

I don't know if it was savlaged directly from Wing Gundam Zero or if it's just a copy though.

I'm more interested in what would probably be a little detail.

Does Heero talk to Snow White in a similar way he did with Zero?
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:33   Link #3892
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Zero System is on board Snow White.

There was a post detailing one of the chapters that had Heero being tired and resting after piloting Snow White and being drained by the Zero System.

I don't know if it was savlaged directly from Wing Gundam Zero or if it's just a copy though.

I'm more interested in what would probably be a little detail.

Does Heero talk to Snow White in a similar way he did with Zero?
thanks.... the reason I asked is because I was wondering if maybe there was a residual memory in in Wing Zero's Zero System, and in the case it was salvaged, then said residual memory is also in Snow White............

Regarding Wyvern, considering it also had a Prototype of the Zero System, then it might had have the residual memory of Katrina Peacecraft...........Just to confirm, even though Epyon is slightly based on Wyvern (or vice versa depending on the way we look at it, if according to the timeline, or according to order of appearence or introduction), Treize constructed Epyon and its Zero System form scratch, right? Because if Treize salvaged Wyvern to create Epyon, then my aformentioned theory goes trough the toilet.

Spoiler for the reason for these questions:

call me nuts if you want........but hey, anything is possible in Gundam

By the way, the PPP "kill everybody" routine would activate if Relena dies, or if "anyone with the PPP infused vaccine" kills her? if it is the last, then it makes sense that Heero should kill her
Old 2012-02-09, 01:05   Link #3893
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
questions...
2) what is the function of the PPP nanotechnology

3) why is it necessary to kill relena?
2) the function is to simply prevent people from aging so rapidly while on Mars..? I think that's the reason that was given somewhere early on...

3)Dorothy hates Relena? I've wanted to know this too. The only thing that I'm gathering is that Relena is not wanted/ looked down upon simply because she seems to support the notion that Mars Federation should be free of ESUN (pretty much the Colonies doesn't want to be ruled by the Alliance again).

Quote:
- It's obvious that Wing Zero got wasted... but is there any hint that the Zero System got salvaged? or, did Quatre give back the Zero System components he got from Heero during the eve wars?
Quatre gave the ZERO system back to Heero, saying something along the lines of "I don't need it anymore"...
What did Heero do to it after that..? Probably put it in storage?

Quote:
thanks.... the reason I asked is because I was wondering if maybe there was a residual memory in in Wing Zero's Zero System, and in the case it was salvaged, then said residual memory is also in Snow White............

Regarding Wyvern, considering it also had a Prototype of the Zero System, then it might had have the residual memory of Katrina Peacecraft...........Just to confirm, even though Epyon is slightly based on Wyvern (or vice versa depending on the way we look at it, if according to the timeline, or according to order of appearence or introduction), Treize constructed Epyon and its Zero System form scratch, right? Because if Treize salvaged Wyvern to create Epyon, then my aformentioned theory goes trough the toilet.

Spoiler for the reason for these questions:

call me nuts if you want........but hey, anything is possible in Gundam

By the way, the PPP "kill everybody" routine would activate if Relena dies, or if "anyone with the PPP infused vaccine" kills her? if it is the last, then it makes sense that Heero should kill her
I kinnda like that second train of thought, a meeting between two former lovers ^_^... as odd as it is.

But... wasn't the ZERO on the Wyvern the memories of Sam the cat? So if Treize salvaged Wyvern to create Epyon then Zechs
had been influenced by his great-aunt and her cat. I am so confused now >...<

Finally, as I understand it, it doesn't seem to matter by who or how Relena dies, if she dies, so does everyone who has ever had the PPP vaccine.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 05:31   Link #3894
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
2) the function is to simply prevent people from aging so rapidly while on Mars..? I think that's the reason that was given somewhere early on...

3)Dorothy hates Relena? I've wanted to know this too. The only thing that I'm gathering is that Relena is not wanted/ looked down upon simply because she seems to support the notion that Mars Federation should be free of ESUN (pretty much the Colonies doesn't want to be ruled by the Alliance again).

Quatre gave the ZERO system back to Heero, saying something along the lines of "I don't need it anymore"...
What did Heero do to it after that..? Probably put it in storage?

I kinnda like that second train of thought, a meeting between two former lovers ^_^... as odd as it is.

But... wasn't the ZERO on the Wyvern the memories of Sam the cat? So if Treize salvaged Wyvern to create Epyon then Zechs
had been influenced by his great-aunt and her cat. I am so confused now >...<

Finally, as I understand it, it doesn't seem to matter by who or how Relena dies, if she dies, so does everyone who has ever had the PPP vaccine.
which is why i'm asking if epyon was built by salvaging wyver and/or its ZERO SYSTEM or if Treize built from scratch and the similarity between both suits is just a tribute or a coincidence
Old 2012-02-09, 09:04   Link #3895
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Funny thing is it typically goes more like this. Anything that is hard to find or just plain unavailable in the English market is assumed to be the greatest of Gundam works whereas anything that has exposure over here is an abomination to the franchise name, will most certainly bring about utter ruination and be the end of the franchise, and is possible just made to troll the audience. In short, a Gundams works quality in the eyes of the peanut gallery is typically inversely proportional to it's availability.
You've nailed it! I can't agree more. It was just the same prior to my group releasing all of Crossbone. Everyone was heralding it as the second coming of Jesus Christ because no one knew anything about it. When I finished the project I was severely disappointed at how lackluster it truly was. The same can be said about a couple other "high profile" titles that I'm working on that fans hold to such high standards.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 13:01   Link #3896
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
While I have very little idea what's going on with this project right now this seems as safe a bet as any. I mean when do Gundam fans ever not complain about a current Gundam project and only focus on the negative based on the most miniscule of information? Anyone?
In this case I have to say: Seriously, have you ever read this novel?? v_v (to be fair, you even mention you don't know what's happening right now )
Because while what you're saying usually does apply to an extend, in this case the novel actually isn't good- based on pretty much every letter printed in it ^^'' People aren't disappointed for the sake of being disappointed, but because it's i n s a n e.

@IkuzeMinna: It's always dangerous to use famous epic music ANYWHERE (famous "classic" is pushing it but possible), but arghhh in a novel. It's very 2005 bad fanfic author like. I mean, I can't think of any movie that could pull it off, let alone anime, not even to mention written works. It just screams "parody"; so the natural reaction is to crack up xD

Btw, am I reading this right, Quaterine is related to the Peacecrafts now? SIGH...
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 13:39   Link #3897
Javiersansano

Quote:
In this case I have to say: Seriously, have you ever read this novel?? v_v (to be fair, you even mention you don't know what's happening right now )
Because while what you're saying usually does apply to an extend, in this case the novel actually isn't good- based on pretty much every letter printed in it ^^'' People aren't disappointed for the sake of being disappointed, but because it's i n s a n e.

@IkuzeMinna: It's always dangerous to use famous epic music ANYWHERE (famous "classic" is pushing it but possible), but arghhh in a novel. It's very 2005 bad fanfic author like. I mean, I can't think of any movie that could pull it off, let alone anime, not even to mention written works. It just screams "parody"; so the natural reaction is to crack up xD

Btw, am I reading this right, Quaterine is related to the Peacecrafts now? SIGH...

I know it sounds kinda lame (I say sound because I haven't read it except for the beginning (until Angela and Ein are married, traveling around the colonies), but most people who are reading it is because they want a better (or more likely, non-ambiguous) ending for the characters, and because it is a sequel

Spoiler for my reason:
Old 2012-02-09, 15:42   Link #3898
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
I know it sounds kinda lame (I say sound because I haven't read it except for the beginning (until Angela and Ein are married, traveling around the colonies), but most people who are reading it is because they want a better (or more likely, non-ambiguous) ending for the characters, and because it is a sequel
No, um, I think people are reading it b/c it's a sequel, not necessarily because they want a "better" ending- the ending was fine the way it was, except for being a bit unrealistic on the whole war never happened again issue.
But that has nothing to do with why people are complaining about it. They are complaining, because it is stupidly written to the extend of bordering on insanity/ is practically pissing on the characters in some cases.

Spoiler for my reason:
Spoiler for reply:
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 19:20   Link #3899
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Spoiler for my reason:
Speak for yourself there. I wondered what would become of the main characters and a number of minor ones after EW, but the ambiguity made the speculation more interesting.

So far, I've enjoyed the flashbacks and info revealed about events prior to AC 195 more than the direction the characters have taken. Development/change was expected, but like SkullFaerie said, some characters have just been screwed. Still following the story though...

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2012-02-11 at 20:52.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 19:24   Link #3900
Aldaeus

Quote:

I think that was debunked a page or two later on from that quote. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was determined that there was no blood between the Peacecrafts, and the Winners.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing