AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-29, 23:05   Link #1081
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

/sigh i feel like a noob for resorting to it but none of my moves ever seem to go off... anyone know a way to macro it so that pressing a single button will sequence the moves necessary to do an ability? I can never seem to do it fast enough or I'm doing it too fast, or I dunno what but about 9/10ths of the time I just do a basic move to the air instead of the actual ability.

No trouble with down right/left > z/x/c moves its the right>left>down>right and other such things that I just CANNOT do, makes me feel like ive totally wasted an SP when i activate meta world and just kick the air for the duration...
Old 2011-01-29, 23:19   Link #1082
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Kishin, assuming you're playing with a controller use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylen View Post

See where it says Button 7 and 8? Change those since they are normally blank by default. You're out of luck with a keyboard because apparently Keybinder doesn't work anymore. I think.
Old 2011-01-29, 23:40   Link #1083
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
Kishin, assuming you're playing with a controller use this.

See where it says Button 7 and 8? Change those since they are normally blank by default. You're out of luck with a keyboard because apparently Keybinder doesn't work anymore. I think.
I think Kishin is talking about the directional input, not the button input.

Kishin, you may already know this, but the input is really (at least, according to the wiki) 641236C, not 6426C. If you didn't know that, trying that might work. If you did... not really sure what to say. I'd just keep trying; I tend to screw up the meta-supers a lot, usually because I'm doing the input in the wrong order...
Old 2011-01-29, 23:45   Link #1084
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

bah it fcks me up even more that my keys are on the arrow keys not the numpad... I pretty much gave up on the moves that end in a diagonal command since its impossible with keys.
As for a controller, I have managed to set up a ps3 controller with it, but analog sucks, whenever I let go or even when Im trying to go left/right itll lean upward or burst back that way and make me jump >.> though I suppose I should just give the dpad a try, I assume it would be much like using the arrowkeys but I'm probably wrong
Old 2011-01-29, 23:54   Link #1085
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

I play with the ps3 controller's dpad and it works just fine. I can enter all special commands with it. The few times that I screw up are either because of lag (need more money for better video card D: ) or bad timing on my part when spamming specials.
Old 2011-01-30, 00:13   Link #1086
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
bah it fcks me up even more that my keys are on the arrow keys not the numpad... I pretty much gave up on the moves that end in a diagonal command since its impossible with keys.
As for a controller, I have managed to set up a ps3 controller with it, but analog sucks, whenever I let go or even when Im trying to go left/right itll lean upward or burst back that way and make me jump >.> though I suppose I should just give the dpad a try, I assume it would be much like using the arrowkeys but I'm probably wrong
Yeah, try the d-pad. It's probably more accurate than the analog stick if you're not used to it.
Old 2011-01-30, 18:46   Link #1087
Qikz

I've been playing this loads since I got it a few days ago, been playing with someone I know over hamachi since we couldn't get net play to work without it. Anyone fancy a game or two sometime? Just send me a PM if you can host as I don't think I can.

I'm loving playing with my arcade stick with Chester/Siesta?420 and Shannon. This is the first Umineko thing I've ever seen, so it's all new characters. I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago.
Old 2011-01-31, 20:15   Link #1088
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Keepin the questions coming.... what are the second players controls or how do you set them up? using higurashi daybreak as an example they had a key select screen, dunno what to do with ougon lol.
also on the note to the darbreak key select, how do you change your commands? people say commands in the form of the numpad but i cant seem to get it to work
Old 2011-01-31, 21:43   Link #1089
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Keepin the questions coming.... what are the second players controls or how do you set them up? using higurashi daybreak as an example they had a key select screen, dunno what to do with ougon lol.
also on the note to the darbreak key select, how do you change your commands? people say commands in the form of the numpad but i cant seem to get it to work
As far as I can tell, there are no keyboard controls for a second player.

And by "commands", what do you mean exactly?
Old 2011-02-01, 09:07   Link #1090
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Any news on another patch? Does Ryukishi have some sort of blog or Twitter or something specifically for Ougon information?

I'm kind of excited for new characters
Old 2011-02-02, 13:51   Link #1091
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Today I finally got hold on my copies of EP8, Tsubasa and Ougon! Overall it took about 3½ weeks for me to get them with Registered SAL Small Packet. It was sent from Japan in a week, took another week to be taken to the customs, and then another week for me to get a notice to go fetch them from the customs and pay value added tax. Thanks a lot to UnknownBeast for the Tsubasa patch, read the first three already. EP8 compatible EP7 patch will probably be ready soon as well.

It took me a while to understand what all the 123 and ABC meant in the Ougon wiki, but I managed to get the general idea (numbers are directional positions and ABC were set to buttons 1, 2 and 3 respectively etc. Borrowed a pad as recommended). There are some moves I don't manage to pull off, like the 236236C Level 2 Super or something. I guess I just need some practice, as I'm not too familiar with other fighting games than Smash Bros and Budokai Tenkaichi, and it will be an enjoyable game.

When I start the game, it starts in windowed mode. I manage to get it to fullscreen with Alt+Ctrl, but it retains those black bars on top and bottom similar to movies. Is it possible to get the game screen to occupy the whole screen while in fullscreen mode and not have some kind of fixed aspect ratio it seems to have now. Anyone else had this problem? My resolution is 1366x768.

And if someone worries, yes I have already installed the 1.01 patch.
Old 2011-02-02, 14:08   Link #1092
CrimsonMoonMist

I set the screen resolution to the same as my monitor then checked the lower square.
Old 2011-02-02, 14:33   Link #1093
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Did you mean uncheck it? Well now it works without tick in the box and on 1366x768 resolution. I changed the resolution to another once, then back and it worked.

Thanks anyway! I don't think this game has optimized the graphics for every resolution right, so the health bars and all are not supposed to look all sharp? If they are, then I'm probably doing something wrong.
Old 2011-02-02, 17:01   Link #1094
Luxuria

My game crashes whenever I play Arcade mode...right after selecting my characters.
It plays smoothly on Versus mode, though. :|
Old 2011-02-03, 12:26   Link #1095
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Umineko redefined its eternal torture in Ougon... I could beat most of the arcade battles on Easy quite easily, but there's no way I can beat the end boss Battler/Virgilia team (I was with Beatrice and Eva), couldn't even get their HP on the last bar. Guess I need lots more practice.

Patch v1.02 is out by the way.
It doesn't seem to contain new characters yet though. Waiting for Dlanor...

Last edited by Bluemail; 2011-02-03 at 13:47.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:01   Link #1096
Sheep_

Ok for some reason it's not letting me use the D-pad on my PS3 controller anymore, I restarted all my control settings to and it's not working.
Old 2011-02-03, 22:37   Link #1097
GAtakito

I was thinking if there were new characters for Ougon, who would they be?

- For Ougon Umineko Patch were:

01. Beatrice (along Purgatory Sisters)
02. Battler
03. Ange (along Sakutaro & Purgatory Sisters)
04. Lucifer
05. Virgilia (along Goats)
06. Ronove
07. Shannon
08. Kanon
09. Eva-Beatrice
10. Siesta 410 (along Siesta 45)

- So probably for Ougon Umineko Chiru Patch:

01. Bernkastel (along her kitties)
02. Erika (along Jungfrau Girls)
03. Lambdadelta (along candies)
04. Dlanor
05. Gaap
06. Zepar (along Furfur)
07. George
08. Jessica
09. Featherine
10. Will (along Lion)

- And just for Bonus:

Spoiler for Final Boss:

*Both patch, obviously, must be together.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:46   Link #1098
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I think before going on to Chiru they really need to add Gaap, MARIA, George, and/or Jessica.

I mean, they seemed like the main fighters of EP4.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:54   Link #1099
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Ok for some reason it's not letting me use the D-pad on my PS3 controller anymore, I restarted all my control settings to and it's not working.

On the controller options, is it set to POV instead of XY?
Old 2011-02-04, 01:18   Link #1100
unsuspectingvisitor

i just got the game and its pretty awesome,my fav is battlers moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAtakito View Post
I was thinking if there were new characters for Ougon, who would they be?

- For Ougon Umineko Patch were:

01. Beatrice (along Purgatory Sisters)
02. Battler
03. Ange (along Sakutaro & Purgatory Sisters)
04. Lucifer
05. Virgilia (along Goats)
06. Ronove
07. Shannon
08. Kanon
09. Eva-Beatrice
10. Siesta 410 (along Siesta 45)

- So probably for Ougon Umineko Chiru Patch:

01. Bernkastel (along her kitties)
02. Erika (along Jungfrau Girls)
03. Lambdadelta (along candies)
04. Dlanor
05. Gaap
06. Zepar (along Furfur)
07. George
08. Jessica
09. Featherine
10. Will (along Lion)

- And just for Bonus:

Spoiler for Final Boss:

*Both patch, obviously, must be together.
i agree with everything in this,especially jessica(i would love to see her POWER UP moves and her burning arms)but if Featherine moves is to rewrite the story,that would be overkill
Closed Thread