AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 03:52   Link #7441
Eratas123

@ Treme - I want to see Pigsy! Seriously, he's probably the most unique male character here since he's actually unlikeable for common reasons. Heck, make a fic about him and post it on fanfic.net and I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback
Old 2011-11-12, 03:57   Link #7442
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Agetreme

I do feel some Copycat Syndrome though, also, I never meant the comment about Inami holding Gospel for HOURS are good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Treme - I want to see Pigsy! Seriously, he's probably the most unique male character here since he's actually unlikeable for common reasons. Heck, make a fic about him and post it on fanfic.net and I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback
In form of unreasonably hateful review maybe?
Old 2011-11-12, 04:03   Link #7443
Eratas123

@ Zero - Most people don't like male O.C pilots so they'd love to read a fic that basically tears it apart and make's the O.C an unlikeable asshole. Besides, Pigsy isn't even a pilot and just go in because they were desperate

Side note - Posted a question on previous page, can you answer it?
Old 2011-11-12, 04:05   Link #7444
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Psycho Lesbian, especially if she is after Madoka, either Madoka gave some hint of refusal, run away or beat her to crap. Depending on her action.

(Yeah, Autumn will be very screwed)
Old 2011-11-12, 04:09   Link #7445
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@Agetreme
I do feel some Copycat Syndrome though, also, I never meant the comment about Inami holding Gospel for HOURS are good at all.
I thought Stratos say no out-of-body-experience for Inami?

Quote:
In form of unreasonably hateful review maybe?
This make Pigsy even more awesome, he hated in both story and Meta!

I am still trying to think of ways to make Pigsy important.... Like....

Spoiler for Spoiler?:

To smooth the flame, I will damp it a little with comedy (epic fail piloting).

====

Edit:
The very Existence of Pigsy and Cipher is the sign that the fic is a little bit comical.....

The base concept of their existences is:
Girls are swooning over Ichika
The governments are desperate because of that.
"Japan gaining lots of power due to Ichika attracting the girls" is just the "logical" and "reasonable"explanation to justify their action
Old 2011-11-12, 04:13   Link #7446
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why are male OC's hated again?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 04:14   Link #7447
Eratas123

@ Treme - So Pigsy is both idiotic and suicidal now? Damn, what an unlikeable ass!

@ Zero - That's it? Nothing else? I'll have to make a psycho lesbian *coughAutumncough* assault her during her daydream if that's the case. After that, it's Ichika to the rescue
Old 2011-11-12, 04:14   Link #7448
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean by how basically Inami took over Ichika's role.... and that's not mention some of Minerva's abilities (supposedly Master of None type and not Jack of All Trades), superseded most Canon character who's Cripplingly Specialized and need to work together to utilize their specialty efficiently.

Also, how he suddenly have an AI in the sequel is somewhat an asspul, for Tabane NOT to knew it is somewhat...weird, borderline stupid. Should I told him or not?

EDIT: What do you mean out-of-body experience? His dreamscape?

Quote:
@ Zero - That's it? Nothing else? I'll have to make a psycho lesbian *coughAutumncough* assault her during her daydream if that's the case. After that, it's Ichika to the rescue
in mine Autumn has some...ahh, exceptions for Bishonen, if they're pretty enough (as in, Irish level bishounen)
Old 2011-11-12, 04:24   Link #7449
Eratas123

@ Hellsin - Because this is a harem show and, most of the time, male OC's tend to be gary stus/god level in strength for most stories.

The problem is the fact that they tend to be "The other male who can pilot an I.S" instead of something original.

@ Zero - So she's a shotacon too? Mind if I add that in for some humor? It's ironic actually: It's her actions that forced him to use the skull suit and made him look like that. Oh, there's also the fact that she's the person he hates the most.

Side note - I think I accidentally copied you Zero. Irish seems to attract the attention of people older than him only like Dan does in your fic.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:26   Link #7450
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
I mean by how basically Inami took over Ichika's role.... and that's not mention some of Minerva's abilities (supposedly Master of None type and not Jack of All Trades), superseded most Canon character who's Cripplingly Specialized and need to work together to utilize their specialty efficiently.

Also, how he suddenly have an AI in the sequel is somewhat an asspul, should I told him or not?
There is no need to change the fic though (too late), he can salvage it with some moment of glory for the canon characters (note: Inami should not appear in the end and take everything).

Quote:
@ Treme - So Pigsy is both idiotic and suicidal now? Damn, what an unlikeable ass!
Err.... No. Some pilots will have their moment of Epic fail....

Mostly due to the use of new equipment (Their Unit are test bed for new technology. Failure are expected to happen naturally).

Of course, with failure, means that they learn and when they learn, they get better and when they get better, they get awesome.

==

For Akito, he is special, his IS NEVER tell him anything. So he is basically learning everything from scratch.....literally starting from the most basic:

How to move/fly an IS

As a comical effect:

Spoiler for Comic effect::

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Why are male OC's hated again?
Because the canon state that males can't pilot IS.
Making Male able to pilot IS is breaking the Canon.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:29   Link #7451
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Hellsin - Because this is a harem show and, most of the time, male OC's tend to be gary stus/god level in strength for most stories.

The problem is the fact that they tend to be "The other male who can pilot an I.S" instead of something original.
And everyone here creating a male character that is....umm, flawed would be understatement.

Sometimes they're deconstruct-I mean having some trait that would be ideal normally, but represented as unlikeable/tragic.

(TvTropes be damned, my vocabulary!)

Quote:
@ Zero - So she's a shotacon too? Mind if I add that in for some humor? It's ironic actually: It's her actions that forced him to use the skull suit and made him look like that. Oh, there's also the fact that she's the person he hates the most.

Side note - I think I accidentally copied you Zero. Irish seems to attract the attention of people older than him only like Dan does in your fic.
No problem, but what I mean is not the shota point, the bishie point is.

Like, Ichika in a long wig (I try to shop it and rolling out of chair, to the point that I forgot to save) or Dan with makeover. If something resembles cute/beautiful woman, Autumn will hit it, not seriously of course...since she already had a girlfriend.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:32   Link #7452
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@Eratas: I think it's more of a subjective thing. But yeah, I do find excessively over the top perfect characters annoying. That or they're really just over the top for one reason or another.

EDIT:
@zero: I learned a long time ago that tvtropes is a useful tool for writers, but at the same time it's a writer's worst enemy.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:32   Link #7453
Eratas123

@ Treme - I meant the fact that he's working for a homicidal super computer. Most bad guys aren't stupid enough to work for something like that. They still watch out for their own lives.

@ Zero - How is being a child terrorist even close to ideal? I doubt anybody would trade in their life for that! The other OC's at least have enviable positions sometimes.

Autumn would be walking mood whiplash. Mercilessly killing Irish's older brother figure in the flashback then hitting on bishonen in the present. This includes Irish since she doesn't recognize him due to is altered state.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:36   Link #7454
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@Eratas: I think it's more of a subjective thing. But yeah, I do find excessively over the top perfect characters annoying. That or they're really just over the top for one reason or another.
Indeed, subjective.

But most Reader (as in 70%+) often had same opinion. If they said X is a Stu, then X IS a Stu. if X isn't a Stu, then he isn't.

There's also something they call Stu moment, meaning that the otherwise finely crafted OC hogging the Spotlight inappropriately at a moment or two.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:40   Link #7455
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"What makes a stu?"

I like fish stew a lot but nothing beats beef.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:42   Link #7456
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
"What makes a stu?"

I like fish stew a lot but nothing beats beef.
This article will gave you some clues.

Also this

A bit complex but VERY useful.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:42   Link #7457
Eratas123

@ Zero - How old is Autumn anyway? I doubt she can get away with flirting with bishonen if she was too old.

Also, posted a question previously as to how a child terrorist is an ideal. It's sure not glorified and shown to have no positive effect on him. Hell, he doesn't even have a proper name!
Old 2011-11-12, 04:46   Link #7458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I've dabbled too much in tvtropes to actually care what they say. Now I just traverse that wasteland of over-categorization for kicks.

gonna leave now. laterz.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:46   Link #7459
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - How old is Autumn anyway? I doubt she can get away with flirting with bishonen if she was too old.

Also, posted a question previously as to how a child terrorist is an ideal. It's sure not glorified and shown to have no positive effect on him. Hell, he doesn't even have a proper name!
I believe Autumn is early twenties or late Teens (18-22), but not sure about that.

Terrorrist never been Ideal, Child Soldier however CAN be idealized, preferably if they're under invasion and there's just not enough adult male (because adult women and old men usually absent, USUALLY) for manpower and the teens already occupied.
Old 2011-11-12, 04:56   Link #7460
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
I recount again, most of you are from either Philippine or with Philippine Background (Rain & Hawk) and Singapore....

Aw man not fair...
Hehehe, 2/3 of my Heroines come from the land of 3 stars and a sun.

Just because.

Quote:
That aside.

@ SaintX What's the definition of 'Armored Stratos' in your Fanon?

I'm have the proposal to adapt the name for my own original mechas. I lost in sea of my own spam and can't find your post, but I'm very sure the two are somewhat different.
I remember saying nothing about Armored Stratos... i think.

what are they anyways again?

Quote:
Seems like I had to kill that certain bunny.

*KA-KLAK*

This is Zero to SaintX and Wavehawk, request backup to kill a certain plot bunny....yes, thank you.

Quote:
Well, definitely less-cheerful than Inami, but much less dark than other three. Oh that's the bunny! Hello thar!

*BANG!* *BANG!*

Mission accomplished.

It is your own fault for breeding too much of them.

Quote:
Hmm... I knew it's insane but....

Lets make a Ichika x Chifuyu contest challenge!!! AND THE THEME ARE CHRISTMAS!!!
DENIED
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest